• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 7,307 Views, 12,705 Comments

Ynanhluutr - Imploding Colon



A newly transformed Rainbow Dash continues her flight east.

  • ...
44
 12,705
 7,307

PreviousChapters Next
They Call Her Rainbow Dashie Ocean

“Rainbow Dash, if you're... if y-you're insinuating that we somehow... extort the Syndicate, then I must protest,” Theanim Mane stammered. “Not only is the idea extremely dangerous, but I find it rather below us.”

“Well it's not below me,” Echo muttered, lounging in the corner of the hotel room. “Buck those guys. They trade bits for blood and they bomb their own city's citizens.”

“Damn straight!” Bard said with a smirk. “I like yer grit, bat pony!”

Echo merely glared at the stallion.

“Pffft... fine...” Bard tilted his stetson back and shrugged. “Maybe we all can't be friends.”

“If we were to get the proper authorities to observe what's going on here, then perhaps we can make a difference!” Theanim exclaimed. “We could contact Princess Camellia! Or I could write my fellow scientists serving the Order in Central Rohbredden!”

“Doc... face it...” Rainbow sighed. “This city is out of control. The only law that matters here is whatever can be bought or paid through the Syndicate.” She pointed that the Sarosian. “Now, your buddy here has a huge price on his head with the Southern Hoof.” She glanced at the two mercenaries. “Who wants to bet that the local Syndicate Boss wants to pay a hefty fee to secure him before the Western Consortium does?”

Wildcard and Bard exchanged glances. “Well... sure!” Bard said. “They were offerin' five thousand bits! But that's a mite bit paltry compared to what the ponies at Mud Top were willin' to hoof over. Guess it goes to show just how much the bit dealers around here are hurtin'.” Wildcard nodded.

“Alright, so... the ponies of the Northern Hoof are willing to offer bits for Echo,” Rainbow said. “The ponies of the Southern Hoof are willing to give even more bits.” She paced about, shuffled to a stop, and faced the others with a firm gaze. “...what if we found a way to collect on everything while giving them nothing?”

“Hah!” Echo belched, leaning his head back with a sigh. “I'd say you were high. And that comin' from me...”

“No no no no I'm serious...” Rainbow glanced at her two marefriends and gestured shile speaking: “Imagine us being able... to make it look like we're turning Echo in... only to back out at the last second.”

“You lost me at 'imagine,' darlin',” Bard droned. “The ponies here don't settle for half-jobs. Either they get the pony they've targeted or they don't.”

“Are you willing to bet that their desperation will let them put their guard down?”

“Huh?”

Rainbow looked at Theanim Mane. “Tell me, Doc... since you've dealt with the ponies who own this platform city before... if you're living out here... running a city that sits on the ocean... and you run into economic problems...” Her eyes narrowed. “...where do you hoarde all your funds? Do you keep them in floating, invisible accounts?”

“Well, I'd say not!” Theanim exclaimed. “When you're the Syndicate, you're never short on friends or enemies, and the bitter irony is that both could want a piece of their shareholdings back at any time.”

“So... what'd you do with your remaining money?”

Theanim blinked.

“You'd store it away someplace physical,” Echo yawned. “Somewhere close to home.”

“Ya mean like a vault?” Bard remarked.

“They have one, if that's what you're asking,” Echo said.

“How does he know this?” Rarity asked.

“And just how do you know this, buddy?” Rainbow inquired.

Echo shifted the weight of his cloak around his shoulders and squinted across the way. “I've been in and out of the Syndicate's Hold here, remember? I've worked several jobs for them throughout the years. It's how I've been able to avoid their sight right under their very own noses these past few months. Even their shadows I know by heart.”

“Then you'd know where inside the Syndicate's Hold they would have all of their remaining money hidden away?” Rainbow asked. “Including that which they'd draw from to pay a hoof-full of bounty hunters?”

“Wait...” Bard and Wildcard were both leaning intently forward. “Are you goin' were we think yer goin' with this?”

Rainbow smirked. “If you ask me, the Syndicate sounds like a bunch of losers. They yank hapless souls around like puppets and they make life miserable for their own citizens here.”

“Nevertheless, it's a system that's worked like a charm for ages,” Theanim said.

“Yeah, well, I'm sorry, Doc, but it's a sucky system.”

Theanim shrugged. “I certainly didn't say that I agreed with it, Miss Dash. I'm just concerned for the repercussions of whatever it is you might be suggesting.”

“Well, I'm not,” Rainbow said with a frown. “Things here in Syndicate are totally, completely un-awesome. And I can't stand for lame stuff. Something tells me I'm not alone.” She pointed out the window. “You saw how angry and frustrated those citizens got earlier today! When the tiniest amount of chaos broke out in their city, all they wanted to do was buck down the doors to the local Boss' headquarters! If you ask me, I think the ponies who've lived this long with the Syndicate's bullcrap would be more than happy to see them collapse. I bet everyone else would be able to run this platform city better without them, and the Syndicate's Boss knows this. That's why he's bombing the ever loving crap out of them—to spread fear, intimidation, and a sense of importance.”

“Pretty on the spot, fruitilicious,” Echo slurred. He glanced at Theanim. “You know, she's not half as stupid as I first thought, Theams.”

Theanim Mane sighed and looked tiredly at Rainbow. “Then what is it you propose?”

“Isn't it obvious?” Rainbow grinned. “We turn Echo into the Syndicate here.”

Echo instantly shuddered. “Alright, I take that back. She's a total toilet-diver.”

“Naw... give her some leaf-ear, buckaroo.” Bard trotted forward. “Yer suggestin' some sort of bait-and-switch, ain'tcha?”

“We make it look like we're offering them something,” Rainbow Dash said. “But, in fact, we'll just be getting them to lower their guard.” She grinned at Twilight, Rarity, and then the others. “And when we least expect it, we do the impossible.”

“Don't you mean the stupid?” Twilight droned.

Rainbow waved the spectre off and paced through her. “We make the impossible happen. We steal Echo back when they least expect it. And then, not only do we make off with the earnings that they give us for the bat-dude, but we take all their dirty money away from them!”

“And do what with it?” Theanim asked.

“What else?” Rainbow tilted her chin up with a smirk. “We speed our butts to Shoggoth with it. We get those ponies to lower their guard, and then we do the same with them. Not only will we have swept the rug out from underneath the Syndicate here in Rust, but we will have gotten the Muddredging Southern Hoof to expose themselves as well. And once we've exploited both factions of their ugliest qualities, we run to Princess Camellia with the evidence of what's been taking place here and abroad: the extortion, the arson, the filthy connections to Mudtop—all of it!. And if Camellia respects the union of earth ponies and sirens, then—for Verlaxion's sake—she'll move to have the Syndicate disassembled altogether. Everypony wins. Well... every self-respecting pony, that is.”

“And... erm...” Bard fidgeted. “...the bits?”

Rainbow shrugged. “I guess the spoils go to the ones who do all the spoiling. Not like there'll be any Syndicate left to scrape it all up.”

“Whew-weee!” Bard raised his wing high and slapped it against Wildcard's. “I'm likin' what you've got percolatin' underneath them cowlicks, girl!”

“But wait... Miss Dash... honestly...” Theanim Mane gawked. “...I'm all for karma and sweet justice, but how are we even going to accomplish such subterfuge?

Rainbow shrugged. “I'm... uh... I'm getting to that part.”

“Hah!” Echo barked, causing a few cracks to form in the patio window.

Theanim rubbed his muzzle, sighing. “You do realize, Miss Dash, this proposal will be exceedingly difficult to accomplish... beyond the efforts of taking down a mindless sea serpent.”

“I never said it'd be the easy way of fixing things.” She smirked past her ghostly friends at the two mercenaries. “But, it depends on just what kind of dirty, cheating tacticians we have on our side.”

Bard and Wildcard exchanged glances. Bard smirked at the others while gesturing at himself. “I play guitar with my wings.” He pointed at Wildcard. “Dubya-Cee here plays harmonica with a beak.” He arched an eyebrow. “Do we look like the kind of folks who fancy doin' thangs the easy way...?”

PreviousChapters Next