• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,082 Views, 69 Comments

My little short stories- Tales of Dream castle - Paradise Oasis



The craziness that goes on here at Dream Castle on a daily basis

  • ...
3
 69
 1,082

Crazy Cure!

Crazy Cure!

"Are you sure the mixture's gonna work, Fizzy?" Paradise asked, as she handed another beaker full of bubbling liquid to the now-genius unicorn. "If we don't get this right, we might never get our friends back to normal!"

"Calm yourself, my good Paradise!" Fizzy replied reassuringly, adjusting her glasses. "This concoction will bring our friends back to their normal selves, working as a cure to their present malady."

Paradise stared down into the cauldron, as Fizzy poured the finished chemical inside. The potion began to bubble and roil, causing the white Pegasus to jump back in fright.

"I still can't believe you made this gunk up, even with your enhanced intelligence." Paradise told her, taking a step back from the cauldron. "Unicorns aren't exactly known for their potion-making abilities."

"Zigzag made a recipe up for Wind Whistler, before she went on a journey home." The unicorn gestured to a scrap of paper on a nearby table. "One dip in this stuff, and our dear friends shall be returned to their former selves!"

"Well, that'll be good... I'm tried of being kept awake all night by three gossiping goofballs in the room down the hall." Paradise agreed. "But how are we going to get those prissy ponies into this vat of vile? It doesn't exactly look very appealing to me...."

"Yo, Fizzy! What up, girlfriend?" Wind Whistler called out, as she and the other two ponies trotted in to the room. "We like, soooo totally heard you had that bubble bath ready for us, I soooo totally can't wait!"

"Yeah, this is, like, soooo gonna do wonders for our mane and tailor our manes and tails!" Gusty looked into the cauldron, with the bubbling and simmering liquid. "This stuff looks really icky, but I've heard that that, like, soooo totally makes it sooo much better for your coat!"

"Fer shure!" Shady agreed, jumping into the cauldron hooves first. "So what are we waiting for, girls? Let's, like get our selves totally pretty!"

"LIKE, AWESOME!" The other two agreed in unison, as they dove in after her.

Everything seemed to be normal at first, as the three airheads continued to gossip and giggle. But it wasn't long, Paradise noticed, before something odd began to happen between the three ponies.

"Heyyyy.... Shady, get you hoof out of my face!" Gusty growled, narrowing her eyes at the earth mare. "Why don't you stay on your own side of the bath?"

"Huh? Oh, Gusty, I'm so sorry!" The other mare cried out, a look of anguished guilt washing over her face. "I'm such a FAILURE for even being in here!"

"Would you two childish equines stop acting like immature brats?" Wind Whistler asked, scowling at the other two ponies. "You are most certainly causing my irritation levels... to...rise...."

Wind Whistler's eyes suddenly went wide, and she then turned around to stare at Paradise and Fizzy. A look of what Paradise swore was hurt and betrayal seemed to cross her face for a moment, before her usual logical demeanor returned once more.

"Ah, greetings Paradise!" The blue mare greeted her, hopping out of the tub. "I am pleased to see your countenance again, being of my normal mental status once again."

"Windy!" The White Pegasus squeed, hugging the other mare in her wings tightly. "It's so good to have you back!"

"Indeed!" The other Pegasus agreed, nodding. "I am eternally grateful to no longer be trapped in the back of that dim-witted imbecile's mind, watching her put on garish clothing and act utterly ridiculous!" The blue Pegasus snorted angrily. "Oh, how foolish I was to handle that poison joke with my uncovered wings!"

"Hey, get off me, ya stupid head!" Gusty yelled, struggling against Shady in the tub.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm trying!" Shady wailed, trying to push away from the other mare.

The two of them splashed around in the cauldron, before finally knocking the whole vat all over the floor of Windy's laboratory. Both Paradise and Wind Whistler laughed hysterically as the two other soaked mares picked themselves up off the floor.

"Wow, you two are all washed up!" Paradise grinned, as her friends shook the goop out of their manes. "Okay Fizzy, now it's your turn!"

But when the mares turned around, there was no trace of their unicorn friend.

"Uhhhh, Fizzy?" Paradise asked, looking around in a confused manner. "Fizz, are you there?"

"I hypothesize that Fizzy had absconded from her current location." Windy told her, shaking her head. "So that she would not have to endure the personality-restoring effects of the cure."

"But... why in the world would she do that?" The white Pegasus asked, surprised at her friend's actions.

"Would you wanna go back to being an idiot, after being really really smart?" Gusty asked sarcastically, raising an eyebrow. "I know I wouldn't!"

"Oh no! This is terrible!" Shady added, putting her hooves up to her mouth. "We gotta go and find her!"

"Didn't we start this whole thing with that bubbly airhead missing?" Gusty growled, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Fine, lets go find the girl before she does something stupid- er, too smart!"

"I can't believe we're saying that about Fizz!" Paradise giggled, shaking her head.

The four ponies raced out of the laboratory, dead set upon finding their missing friend. But after they had left, a confused unicorn mare- who had been splashed by the cauldron when it overflowed- emerged from a pile of junk that had fallen over in the corner in all of the commotion.

"Wind Whistler? Paradise? Where is everybody?" Fizzy asked, looking around for her friends. "Oh, we must be playing hide and go seek! I know, I'll go hide in Paradise's room! And I'm sure she won't mind if I get into her chocolate supply, hee hee..."

Author's Note:

MY FUDGE! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE ATE ALL MY FUDGE! Why Fizzy, why? :raritycry:

Nothing on heaven or earth hurts a girl as much as somebody breaking in, and stealing her chocolate supply... :fluttercry:

Paradise Oasis