• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,082 Views, 69 Comments

My little short stories- Tales of Dream castle - Paradise Oasis



The craziness that goes on here at Dream Castle on a daily basis

  • ...
3
 69
 1,082

A Fool's Act

A Fool's Act

"Wow, can you believe how big this forest is, Windy?" Gusty asked, looking around at the endless sea of trees that surrounded her and her friend. "Do ya really think we can find Shady out here?"

"I believe it is highly likely, my good Gusty, logic dictates that this is the place that Shady would have come looking for me." The blue Pegasus replied, turning her head to look back at her companion. "However, it would be much easier to do so if were to curtail your pointless elaborations on trivial matters."

"I don't know what ya just said, Windy, but I don't really think ya can use logic ta figure out what Shady's gonna do next." Gusty replied with a chuckle, much to Wind Whistler's annoyance. "That idea's so dumb, it sounds like somethin' Fizz would come up with!"

"You think my ideas are foolish? What about some of your epiphanies?" Her companion scoffed. "Such as the time Fizzy asked for a bedtime story, and you gave her my copy of the Pona sutra?"

"Hey, I sure didn't hear Salty complanin' about that one!" The unicorn replied with a laugh. "But I don't really think ya can compare the stuff I do with Fizzy's goofiness. That mare's as dumb as a bowl of rice krispies... in fact, she's the only unicorn I know who actually talks back to her rice krispies after she pours milk on them!"

"Yes, your actions can be even more foolish and destructive than Fizzy's!" Wind Whistler snapped back, clearly irritated by her friend's words. "And it's worse for you, Gusty, because a unicorn of your age and maturity should know better!"

"Oh yeah? You think I do stuff as dumb as Fizzy?" The hot tampered unicorn asked, walking over to a patch of with some oddly-colored shrubs with blue leaves. "Here, I'll show you I can be even stupider than that bubblehead!"

Before Wind Whistler had a chance to react, Gusty immediately jumped on the weird-looking shrubs, and began scarfing them down. "Om nom nom nom nom nom....... BURRRRPPP!"

"Gusty, no! Don't eat strange shrubs off of the ground that you know nothing about!" She ran over to her friend in a panic. "You have no idea what they could do to you!"

The unicorn mare's eyes suddenly stood straight up, then she began to cough and spit as purple swirls began to appear in her eyes. She immediately collapsed to the ground, her whole body twitching and jerking as she lay there.

"Gusty! Oh no!" The terrified Wind Whistler exclaimed, standing worriedly over her unconscious companion. "Are you in satisfactory condition?"

The white unicorn's eyes slowly opened, and she stared up at her Pegasus friend with a faraway, glazed over look in her eyes.

"Oh, Wind Whistlar... I am, like, so totally happy to see you." The unicorn leaped back to her hooves. "What are we doing in this like, totally dingy old place, it looks so utterly and totally tacky!"

"G-gusty?! What has happened to you?!" Wind Whistler asked in shock. "You sound as if you had been transformed into a complete and utter bimbo!"

"I like, soooooo totally have no Idea what you're talking about, but what-evar!" The two mares suddenly heard a rustling in the leaves, and looked over to see a pink mare with a sunglasses cutie mark step out of the foliage. "Shady, there you are! Ohmygawd, we were, like, so totally worried about you and stuff! I'm soooo happy to see you're, like, okay!"

"Like, totally!" Shady replied, rushing up and hugging her friend tightly. "I am so totally, like, done with this creepy and icky place! I, like, so totally don't remember why I came here, anyway!"

"Egads! Even Shady is beset by this terrible malady!" The now even-more-worried Pegasus exclaimed, looking back and forth between her two friends. "I surmise that the cause of this malady is some external force, no doubt tied to the unusual environ we are currently in." She rubbed her chin thoughtfully with her hoof. "Logic dictates that I ascertain the source of your odd behavior, so that a remedy might be created!"

"We like, should so totally get outta here, and get back ta Dream Castle!" Gusty giggled, rolling her eyes. "I wanna get some new hoof polish, and so totally get my hair done!"

"That would be, like, sooo totally rad!" Shady agreed, staring at her friend and smiling like a goofy ditz. "Then we can, like, get up in front of the castle, and sing karaoke! That was be so totally awesooooome!"

"Hmmmm, these plants Gusty was nibbling on... it appears there were some others that have been nibbled on, as well." Wind Whistler noted, trying to ignore her friend's bubble-headed ramblings. "I hypothesize that Shady must have chewed on these as well, and now has turned into a buxom beach bimbo, much like the unfortunate Gusty." She looked down, and began to tear pieces of the plant out of the ground with her wings. "I must take some samples of this back to the lab, so that I may synthesize an antidote."

But as she collected the samples of the small plant, Wind Whistler glanced up at her two giggling friends. Sure, there were now dim-witted, she realized, but they were also happy; Gusty was no longer grouching like a savage animal, and Shady was no longer afraid of her own shadow.

Thoughts began to turn over and over in the Pegasus genius's head, as she remembered a younger Wind Whistler- a carefree, air headed teenager from before she got the mind boost. A Pegasus girl who didn't get mocked for not having any feelings, and who was not distanced from her friends emotionally because of their differences.

As Wind Whistler looked down at the plant in her hoof, she thought about these things very, very carefully....