• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,081 Views, 69 Comments

My little short stories- Tales of Dream castle - Paradise Oasis



The craziness that goes on here at Dream Castle on a daily basis

  • ...
3
 69
 1,081

Forest from the Trees

Forest from the Trees

"Windy! Wiiiindy!" Shady called out,shivering from the chilly spring weather. "Ohhhh, Wind Whistler, where are you!?"

The poor frightened earth pony continued to trot along, following the trail deeper and deeper into the forest. All around the frightened mare the trees seemed to close in on the unwanted intruder, who had come to the forest to find her angry friend. Shady was now realizing more and more that this had been a bad idea, however, as the entire forest seemed to be alive and watching her.

"Windy, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to spoil your book for you!" The pink mare pleaded, hoping her friend was out there, and could hear her. "C'mon, lets get out of here, and go back to Dream Castle where we belong!"

The only response to her query, was the lonely hooting of an owl, and several glowing eyes peering out at her from the darkness.

"AHHHHHHHH!" The terrified Shady yelled, galloping off into the forest. "WINDY, HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

...

"Gusty, are you out of your cranial cavity!?" Wind Whistler spat, looking back at the pony trotting beside her. "How could you allow Shady to gallop off into the Mastificent forest all by herself? That location is far too perilous for a mare of her countenance!"

"Well, geez, she kinda took off by herself after ya had that big hissy fit!" The white unicorn grumbled, rolling her eyes at her Pegasus friend. "Besides, she never woulda come here if you hadn't said you were coming here first!"

"It was just something I yelled in a moment of elevated temper, I didn't think any of you would attempt to actually peruse me on my supposed exodus!" The exasperated Wind Whistler replied. "Actually, I expected this sort of thing from Fizzy. Not our depressed and guilt-ridden friend."

"Yeeahhhh, I was kinda keepin' an eye on Fizz for just that reason!" Gusty replied with a nervous laugh. "Didn't expect the scaredy cat ta grow some courage!"

"Unexpected events do tend to occur at unexpected times." Wind Whistler agreed with a sigh. "Now, let us attempt to locate our missing companion, before something malicious befalls her person!"

The two mares had gone into the forest to find their lost friend, worried when they had discovered she was gone, and had failed to return. But they were not the only ones who had come into the forest that day. For also on the prowl were to human witches; residents of the volcano of gloom, which stood at the edge of Dream Valley. The two ugly sisters were up to their usual hobby- causing problems for the little ponies of Ponyland.

"Wow Reeka, I can't believe those ponies were right where Hydia's viewing pool showed us they'd be!" The older and taller sister declared, as the two watched the two mares from behind a bush. "So how are we gonna get em?"

"We gotta be clever, Draggle!" The morbidly obese sister declared, stuffing her face with a real worm pie. "It's gonna take the right spell to capture those ponies!"

As Gusty and Windy looked around through the trees, the two witches flipped through their spell book, until they saw a spell titled 'deep pit with crocodiles' written on it. Looking first at the page, then back at each other with evil glares, the two witches began to chant the words.

"With this curse, that will never fail or miss," The two witches spoke in unison, the book glowing in their hands. "beneath our victim's feet, create an abyss!"

Suddenly... a giant, gaping hole opened in front of the two ponies, with crocodiles jumping and snapping in the pit. Reeka and Draggle stared eagerly, waiting for the pain and screaming. But to their shock, the two mares trotted right over the gap, like it wasn't even there!

"Ya know, Windy? This whole thing with Shady has me feeling really guilty." Gusty admitted, shaking her head. "Kind of like the ground has dropped out from under me."

"Yes, I know exactly what point you are elaborating on." The Pegasus agreed with a sigh. "It makes a pony feel like she is walking over a large percipience with a surface beneath her."

The two ponies trotted onward, leaving the dumbfounded witches behind them. Rushing over to the hole, the surprised witches knelt down, and stared into the pit.

"I don't believe it!" Reeka exclaimed. "They just walked right over it, as if it weren't even there!"

"They should be alligator chow by now!" Draggle agreed, peering down into the abyss. "Why didn't the spell work?"

The witches were so busy gazing down into the water filled pit, that they failed to notice the two ponies sneak up behind them, nod towards each other, then promptly turn around and kick the two doofuses into the hole they themselves had created.

"AIEEEEEEEEEE!"

"ARGAHHHHH!"

"RAAAR!" *CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP*!

"OW! GET YOUR TEETH OFF ME, YOU STUPID GATOR!"

"THAT WAS MY HAND!"

"THAT WAS MY FACE!"

"MAMA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Gee, Windy... I can't believe those two witches didn't figure out we knew they were there!" Gusty said with a chuckle, as they trotted away. "And anyways, I wonder why they their spell didn't work when we walked over the hole?"

"It's actually simplicity itself, my good Gusty. Do you not recall that their incantation specifically stated 'beneath their feet?" Windy looked down at their hooves. "The linguistic nuances of a spell must be spoken at their exact meaning. Proof once again that witches are the most mentally incompetent creatures in all of Ponyland!"