• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,072 Views, 69 Comments

My little short stories- Tales of Dream castle - Paradise Oasis



The craziness that goes on here at Dream Castle on a daily basis

  • ...
3
 69
 1,072

Evening dreams

Evening dreams

"Gusty, there you are!" Wind Whistler exclaimed, trotting out to where the two of us were enjoying the sunset on the castle balcony. "I am pleased to have ascertained your location, so that I may converse and discourse on various topics with you."

"Hey Windy! Paradise an' I were just watching the sun set, why don't ya come and join us?"

"I would be delighted to perform a viewing of our planetary rotation removing the star we orbit from our view." The Pegasus replied with a smile, trotting over to sit down beside us. "Such heavenly motion is always a fascinating phenomena to observe!"

"Ahhh jeez, Windy! Do ya have ta take everything magical outta life with all yer science talk?" My unicorn friend asked in annoyance, glaring at the newest arrival. "Remind me ta never invite ya along ta one of Galaxy's planetarium shows!"

"Oh, come on now, Gusty! Wind Whistler is only expressing her wonder at the evening sky in her own special way." I reply, trying to step in before there is another fight. "She just sees the world differently than we do."

"Paradise is quite correct, although I fail to see how a simple planetary rotation, no matter how awe-inspiring it may be, has anything to do with magic whatsoever."

"Oh Windy Windy Windy," I tell her with a sigh, shaking my head at how she just didn't get it. "Sometimes, I think you're just too smart a mare for your own good."

"Perhaps that is for the best, Paradise." The pony genius agreed. "In any event, has anyone heard how Cheerilee is doing after the other day's... incident?"

"Ugh.... not good, I'm afraid." I told her, flexing my wings sadly. "Fifi was able to give her some clip-on mane and tail extensions to hide her baldness until her mane grows back, but she's still mad at us for what happened the other day."

"I am extremely dismayed by that news, my friend." Wind Whistler sighed, staring up at the already darkening sky. "I had hoped that there would be some way we could make it up to her, but I now believe that idea to be of no avail in our current plight."

"Awww, don't worry, you two! She'll get over it!" Gusty added, before gazing up at the descending red orb in the west. "Anyway, have any of you seen Fizzy today?"

"Yeah, she said she was going busy when I invited her to join us." I explained. "Fizzy told me she wanted to watch that really scary movie Megan had brought over from the human world last week."

"That film?" Wind Whistler asked, raising an eyebrow in concern. "Girls, is it really a good idea to let such an immature mare watch such a dark and disturbing piece of cinema this late at night?"

"Fizzy's a big girl, Windy. She can handle it." Gusty snorted matter-of-factly. "Besides, it's time that unicorn did some growin' up, anyway!"

...

"And so, we conclude our broadcast of the late late late movie "Curse of the Mad Scientist'. Be sure to tune in next week, when we will be showing 'The Manor on Spooky Hill!- MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!"

Fizzy stared blankly at the screen before her, unable to tear her bloodshot, twitching eyes away from what she had just witnessed. Gusty had warned her... they had all warned her... not to watch that scary movie Megan had brought over from the other world. But she had... oh, the terrible mistake the little blue unicorn had made in watching it! Now, she lay there, alone on the couch in Dream Castle's den, watching the hands of the ticking clock that sat atop the television cabinet, waiting for whatever might come out of the dark at her!

Fizzy had no idea how she was going to get to sleep now... with the images of the cackling mad scientist in his dimly-lit castle burned into her mind. She could still hear his maniacal laughter, still see the evil gleam in his eye as he and his hunchbacked assistant brought their raging monster to life! She had watched in horror at the creature's violent rampage of destruction though the village below the castle, and it had left the innocent little pony traumatized beyond words!

Oh, how could she possibly get to sleep now, with those horrible images in her head?There was no way she would be able to close her eyes and dream, after all... that... she... had... seen....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Lighting cracked across the sky outside, splitting the darkness outside the laboratory's windows. On the interior, tesla coils buzzed and console buttons and monitors blinked on and off, like something on the set of an old black and white horror movie. At the center of the lab, stood a blue pegasus in a white lab coat, with goggles covering her eyes, as she poured a strange liquid between two test tubes, mixing them carefully.

"Fizzy, get down here this instant!" Dr. Wind Whistler snapped angrily, adjusting her goggles. "I need your help on my latest experiment!"

"Ohhh, yes master!" Fizzy replied, the unicorn hunchback thumping down the steps like an over-sized clod. "Coming master, right away!"

"Today, Fizz-igor, is the day we make history!" The maniacal mare held a beaker full of a green liquid aloft. "For within this very vial, is a concoction that will change Ponyland forever!"

"Ohhhh, please tell me, master! What is it? What is it?" Fizzy asked eagerly, hopping up and down with one eye half-shut.

"Why, it is a magic formula that will turn all the vegetables in Dream Valley into candy. We shall bring all ponies to their hooves though the power of tooth decay!"

"Oh, such a brilliant plan, my master!" Fizzy giggled hysterically, hopping up and down. "We shall use your captivating cavities to take over all of Ponyland!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!"

The two ponies threw their heads back, and laughed maniacally as lighting flashed furiously across the darkened sky outside....

Laughing with fiendish glee in her sleep, the blue unicorn rolled off the couch, and crashed loudly on the ground below.

"Owww! Okay, who the heck put that floor there!?"