• Published 10th May 2012
  • 1,480 Views, 11 Comments

Sisters in Arms - Wrabbit



The Mane6 in the Starcraft setting.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,480

Saving Rarity's Privates

SISTERS IN ARMS


A/N: Once again, I don't own anything here, but the words. The characters belong to Hasbro and Lauren Faust, while all else belongs to Blizzard. Hopefully, the enjoyment of reading this belongs to you.


Chapter 2: Saving Rarity's Privates


Rainbow Dash mentally whistled to herself as she flew over the forest on wing-power alone. It would not do to alert the massive swarm below her to her presence, so she forewent the use of her suit's jet boosters, whose noise would have definitely tipped them off. She would have had to leave them off anyway, seeing as this was a rescue/recon mission.

Keying her mike to her squad's channel, she sub-vocalized, “Tin Star, this is Wraith-1. Do you copy?”

“Wraith-1, this is Tin Star. I read you five-by-five,” Was the overly loud response.

Dash quickly dialed down the volume with a wince, checking to make sure she wasn't overheard. When no response was forthcoming from the swarm, she let out a quiet sigh of relief. “I just entered grid 7G. This swarm is enormous, Tin Star. I can't see it all because it's still mostly under the forest canopy, but I'm estimating this sucker covers about twenty or so acres, and that's if they pack themselves in tightly.” She took another breath, and released it as a sigh. “Their bearing is hard to get a handle on, since it's like herding cats, but they appear to be more or less on a vector straight for town. Over.”

Twilight's now quieter voice asked, “Herding cats? I see somepony has been dipping into the Applejack a bit too much lately.” The joke had its desired effect by calming the blue pony's jangled nerves a bit, and bringing a smile to her face. “And their speed, Wraith-1? Over.”

The pegasus's moue of frustration as she set her on-board computer the task of calculating the desired information turned into a cute grimace as she subconsciously bit down on her tongue in concentration. After a few seconds, the numbers appeared on her H.U.D. “My navi-comp is estimating their speed to be a pretty leisurely twenty-five miles per hour, Tin Star. At this rate their ETA to interception with Ponyville is about forty-five minutes, give or take. Over.”

“Good job, Wraith-1. Any luck with your primary mission? Over.” Twilight's worry was self-evident in her voice.

Dash wiped the sweat from her muzzle with a gloved hoof. Being this close to a swarm this size was nerve-wracking. “No joy on that front yet, Tin Star. I'm heading in further to her last known position. Could you send me the exact coordinates of her last transmission? Over.”

Twilight's reply was as quick as expected. “Ten-four, Wraith-1.” The spot appeared as a circle on her H.U.D. “Need anything else? Over.”

A mischievous grin spread on her face as she replied, “Affirmative Tin Star. I could do with some whipped cream and a cherry or two for when I find Ghost-1. I'm gonna-”

“Just concentrate on finding her first, Wraith-1,” The marshal interrupted. “Tin Star out.”

“I copy that, Tin Star. Wraith-1 out.” Dash's grin quieted down to a wry smile as she got down to the business of finding one of the five most important ponies in the world to her. She still could hardly believe that she had not only managed to become friends with her squadmates, who had named themselves the Elements of Harmony, but also their lover. Granted it was a mutual thing, but some of them were real freaks in bed. Why just the other night, Rarity- She shook her head to clear it of these stray thoughts. First thing's first. Find the Mistress, then the fun can start.

The cyan pegasus winged over silently to the indicated point, and easily found her hiding spot. The grass was well and truly trampled, and it was easy to see where she had fallen on her rump. Dash licked her lips in fear at the the thought of something happening to her. She was able to find a piece of her rifle's scope. It looked like it had been bitten off when a parasprite had taken a bit more than could fit in its mouth. There were no tracks to follow, so the intuitive pilot switched over to the thermal spectrum, and hit pay dirt. The residual heat was fast dissipating, but she had a trail to follow.

Unfortunately, it went deeper into the Everfree forest, and in the direction of some truly dangerous creatures. With a growing sense of fear, Rainbow Dash charged into the forest, flying under the canopy, slaloming between trees as fast as she could. She kept her jets in reserve so that she could still hear, which is why she was able to detect the dismayed shriek she so loved. Veering in the direction, she came upon a sight for sore eyes.

Rarity stood naked, but unharmed with her goggles in her teeth, trying unsuccessfully to tug them away from four parasprites who were in the process of consuming said goggles. As she tugged, she was growling threats at them. “Oh, you beasts! How DARE you! These are genuine Louis Dressage! They cost more than your miserable hides are worth put together!”

Never before had Dash been so glad to see the effeminate mare, nor to hear her haranguing some poor creature. She wasted no time in firing her stunners at the attacking puffballs, instantly sending them into a near comatose state.

Suddenly finding herself without a supporting counter force, Rarity tumbled backwards, coming to rest on a bush. “Oof! I say, darling!” She only had time to stand up from her undignified position before she was back down on the ground and belly up, lying under Dash, their lips meeting in a desperate embrace. The cloak overloaded by physical contact, she realized just who her rescuer was, and instantly gave in to the passion. Their tongues dueled for dominance as Rarity pushed up Dash's visor and stared into her rose-colored eyes. The pegasus' hooves found their way to the alabaster unicorn's flanks, kneading her cutie marks with urgent longing. Just as she was starting to grind her hips against her lover's metal-clad leg, she came to her senses. She pulled away from those warm, inviting lips with great reluctance saying, “Rainbow, Darling!”

Flush with excitement, and more than a little cross-eyed, the pegasus replied, “Huh? What?”

“Sweetie, while I appreciate the rescue, this is neither the time, nor the place,” Rarity answered with a sweet smile.

Coming out of her daze, Rainbow Dash appeared a little contrite and blushed. “Oh. Yeah,” she replied intelligently.

The unicorn brushed herself off as she stood up again after being let up. She noticed a pair of roving rose eyes watching her with undisguised hunger, and made a big production about sweeping her flanks clean with her tail. “Dash, did I miss a spot? Rolling around on the ground like a foal is just SO unladylike,” she asked as she practically waved her rump in the other mare's face.

The Wraith pilot for her part, could only stare and drool at the white pony in front of her. Trying to come out of her stupor, she mumbled, “Rescue... Ponyville... flank...” The rest was lost in her incoherence.

With a titter of laughter, Rarity decided to put away the big guns for later. She turned around to face her friend directly. “Have they arrived yet, Dash? The swarm, I mean.”

Rainbow Dash shook her head, saying, “No, they haven't yet, but it won't be long til they do. Twilight wants us back A.S.A.P., so we better get going.” She turned around and indicated her back with a shake of her head. “Hop on. I'll fly you back. Just be sure to hold on tight.”

Rarity appeared hesitant. “Are you sure about this, darling? I mean, I-EEEEE!” Her hesitancy turned into shocked horror at something in front of her as she backpedaled away furiously.

The cyan pegasus whipped around in time to see the looming form of an enormous hydra just over the canopy, peering down at them. “Rarity, run! I'll hold it off!” She immediately took to the air in hopes of distracting it long enough for the unicorn to get away, despite knowing that her armaments were far too light to do anything more than annoy it.

Her fears proved quite well-founded, when she saw her blasts being absorbed by the great creature with no discernible effect. She spared a quick glance at the ground to see how far Rarity had gotten, and was relieved to see her disappearing as she jumped over a bush. Unfortunately, she had let her attention wander away from the threat, and was rewarded when one of the hydra's heads snapped at her leg.

There was an explosion as teeth punctured fuel lines, sending the pony in a high arc over the trees, and into the forest. Crashing through the branches, the wind was knocked from her when she finally came to a sudden stop on the ground, her spine slamming into an exposed root. All she could do for a moment was gasp as she tried to regain her breath, and clear her vision of stars.

When her eyes uncrossed again, all she could see was a wall of white fur as Rarity nuzzled her, cooing soft pleas for her to be alright. Not able to resist, Dash licked her cheek, causing her to draw back. “Oh, Dash, I was so worried,” she whispered. “Are you hurt? Can you walk?”

The pegasus felt her heart swell with warmth for the beautiful unicorn before her. “I think I can manage walking at least, but jet-assisted flying is out of the question” She gestured down to her leg, and the ruin that was the remainder of one of her rocket boots. While the armor had protected her leg from being blown off, the engine itself was useless, and even the stabilizer wing on that leg was missing, throwing off her whole aerodynamic profile.

Rarity helped dash to stand, but as soon as weight was put on the wounded leg, the pegasus cried out in pain and collapsed onto her friend. “Sweetie, are you okay?”

“Spoke too soon,” Rainbow Dash gasped out. “That leg is useless too, I guess.” She flapped her wings, hovering off of the ground. At least I can still fly, though.”

“Darling, I think we'd better get back to Ponyville before something else happens to you,” Rarity said. “Fluttershy will get you back on your hooves again in no time.”

Dash's lecherous grin was back in full force as she said, “Aw, yeah. That's what the Dash needs. A little TLC from her favorite medic. Can't wait to get my hooves on those-”

What she was going to say was lost, as the thin canopy over them exploded, and several of the hydra's heads burst through, intent on making a snack of the two ponies. They both screamed, and Dash's wings froze up, causing her to fall on her bad leg and nearly pass out in pain again.

Rarity stood protectively over her lover and glared at the monster before her. Her horn glowed in a pale blue aura, and several small khaydarin crystals flew up from the ground and slashed at the creature. Despite its thick hide, the crystals were sharp enough to pierce the scales and embed themselves in it.

The bellow it loosed was enough to temporarily deafen both ponies painfully. As the five heads flew down to exact revenge for the slight, a black blur whizzed past, striking each in turn. Surprised, the hydra looked around for its assailant, but missed seeing it attack again, this time from above.

The pony-like attacker landed squarely on the middle head, almost knocking it senseless. When the two heads immediately on either side moved in to bite, the pony was already gone, letting the two smash together. The dark attacker then flew over to the head on the far left, and bucked it in the snout, sending it reeling.

Rarity could only stand there in shock as this.. pony not only beat up on this towering monster, but made it look easy. Finally, the hydra seemed to have enough, and retreated back into the swamp to nurse its wounds.

Her shock was doubled, however, when her mysterious savior landed before her. With a grin and an eerily multi-layered voice, she purred, “Hello, Rarity. How nice to see you again.”

Comments ( 5 )

Is the title of this chapter so easily misinterpreted on purpose?

1067837 To the punalty box with you!

A pity this has gone on hiatus. It's a bit rough, but could be pretty great.

Though I'm not sold on Twilight as Raynor rather than Applejack. It means Rarity ends up being the Kerrigan analogue ... though that has potential.

2311658
Well, I may come back to this someday. It's only on hiatus, not cancelled, after all. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment