• Published 21st Mar 2015
  • 2,050 Views, 134 Comments

A DJ in the Night - dj_neon_lights



Neon Lights takes it upon himself to help a particularly lonely mare loosen up and have a good time, and boy is he in for a surprise when he learns who this mare truly.

  • ...
6
 134
 2,050

Arc I - Interlude: 1 - Fear the Night

Author's Note:

I was writing the next chapter when I got the sudden urge to write what "Midnight" did to the stallion when he attacked Neon.

I'll probably going to be adding little parts like this every once in a while, but the actual chapters are always going to be around 4k words.

Hope you enjoy!

~ Michael A.

Edited by the awesome Electric294!

A DJ in the Night
By: Michael A
Interlude: 1 - Fear the Night
[Romance][Slice-Of-Life]

“Give me your bits, filly!” the large stallion said, standing in front of the barely conscious form of Neon Lights. “I already took care of your date, so I believe that it’d be in your best interest to do as I say, understand?”

Midnight didn't respond, only shaking as she stared at the unconscious form of Neon.

The stallion gritted his teeth, tightening his grip on the metal pipe being held in his telekinetic grip. “Lady, I’m losing my patience here,” be began, stepping closer to Midnight. “You don’t give me your bits on the count of three, then I’m gonna have to use more physical means of getting them from you, understand??”

The buck noticed Midnight’s breaths begin to quicken as she began to shake more, still refusing to remove her gaze from Neon. The stallion sighed.

“One!” he began, lifting the pipe above his head.

Midnight didn't respond, only continuing to stand there.

“Two!” the stallion said, getting in position, ready to bring the pipe down and against the mare's head.

“Three!” The pipe swung down, stopping only inches above Midnight's head.

“Thou hath made a horrible mistake…” Midnight began, bending the pipe in half with her telekinetic grip.

The buck’s eyes went wide, stepping away from the advancing mare. “Stay back!” he began, his voice shaking. “Don’t make me hurt you!”

Midnight’s eyes suddenly shifted, her pupils morphing into narrow slits and changing from a bright violet color to a dark black. She advanced, seeming to become larger with each step. “You have hurt the only one who has shown us kindness in many years… You hath harmed the first pony to not shun us or coward in fear…” Midnight began, her horn igniting, enveloping her body in a dark purple aura. “You hath brought upon thyself my wrath…”

Everything around the buck seemed to become darker as he backed away from the mare advancing towards him. He wanted to run, he wanted to scream, but all he could bring himself to do was slowly back up, keeping a few feet between him and the mare. “What,” he began in a shaky voice. “What are you?!”

Midnight stopped her advanced, staring at the buck cowering in front of her. Dark tendrils began to creep out of the mare’s shadow, sliding up and around her body like ghostly snakes. The tendrils shifted, forming into the shape of large, haunting wings. The ghostly wings flared out, a dark mist surrounding them. More tendrils formed from the mare's shadow, sliding up and around her much like the previous ones had. “We are a nightmare!” she screamed, her voice amplified to an extreme level. As if on command, the shadows surrounding Midnight flung themselves of off her and towards the buck. “And we shall show you what true fear is,” she finished as the shadowy tendrils engulfed the stallion, muffling his fear-filled screams...