• Published 13th May 2012
  • 1,318 Views, 8 Comments

Wolfy Of The Everfree - Aiovas

  • ...
13
 8
 1,318

ch:1 My Story Begins

This is my first fimfic please comment on how the story can improve. Sorry for grammer errors and font being weird im typing on a nook color tablet. Ill clean it up as soon as im able. Other than that enjoy!

Hello there, my name is Wolfy. I'm about 16-18 years old, with a black coat and a in my opinion I have a very muscular build. I have been living in the Everfree forest as long I can remember. I'm just a regular wolf, nothing really special about me. Well other than the fact that I live with timberwolfs, they are about the same as me except they are made of nature, and magic. But even with all that they are still capable of using complex kinds of emotions and strategic ways of thinking.

Ever since I was a little pup, I was raised as a part of the pack. (I know surprising right) I always figured when I was a pup that I might have looked like a tasty snack for them, but the pack leader decided to look over me instead. (He has always been my favorite of the pack.)

Well there I was, part of the pack running, hunting, and doing whatever it takes to survive from day to day. Now and then, some of the others would fight me just because I wasn't made of wood like them. So we would fight and they would win most of the fights. (they are made of such hardwood, of course I would lose sometimes). They always left me pretty beaten up in the end. I usually just shook it off by the next day. Most of the pack didn't like me very much at all, they say that its goes against nature, keeping me alive and as a member of the pack. Any of them could have ended me at any time they wanted, but they were afraid of the chief. So they settled for daily beatings instead.

But I’m getting ahead of myself here. Allow me start from the beginning, when I was found as a little pup. I was just wondering around in the Everfree forest all by myself. Most of the pack thought that I would have made a nice little chew toy, but the chief decided against it since I was just a pup and couldn't defend myself. He then took it upon himself to raise me.

He taught me the basics for surviving in the Everfree and they became customary for my everyday life. Since I’m a regular wolf I can eat on fruits, vegetables, and meat whenever I’m hungry (none of the others in the pack eat plants. Guess they think it's cannibalism or something). But I usually prefer meat over fruits and such.

In this forest, you kinda don't really have to know how to fight. You can simply avoid trouble before it gets to you by using some of your sharper senses to avoid another creatures like smell, sight and hearing. But if and when you do get into trouble, its good to know were to bite and scratch at to take down your opponent. You can also use this knowledge for hunting bigger prey when your hunting in a pack.

Well back to the present, I was on one my routes to go find some berry bushes for a snack. I was feeling like having some blueberrys at the time. When all of a sudden I saw what appeared to be a striped creature who was gathering some random herbs. Curiosity got the best of me and I followed the creature to a hollowed out tree. It appeared to have lights inside of it and moving bark in front so that the striped creature could enter and leave as it pleased.

I was absolutely fascinated by this unknown creature and decided not to eat it. I took time out on my route everyday to examine the creature. I was amazed that a creature like it could do things like start fire and make such delicious smells come from its home. I later found out that it was a female (don't ask). I almost got caught a couple of times spying on her. Not only did she almost catch me, but some of the pack almost did too. They have been trying to find any sort of reason to disown me and exile me from the pack, and this of all things would get me kicked out for sure. Not just because I was spending valuable time watching her, but because I didn't kill her and bring her corpse back to the pack to feast on, since she seems to be very easy prey.

I was watching her one day and I noticed that she was heading somewhere other than the usual route she takes to pick herbs. I decided that while she was gone that I would take the chance and snoop around her home. I’ve seen her use the bark many times so entered the home of hers and looked around there were many shiny objects that had many varieties of liquids in them. I also found a very soft area with a nice fluffy white square and weird red fur covering it.

I laid there for a bit and got up to look around the rest of the house. I finally noticed that there were wooden faces on her walls that made me shiver a bit. They kind of reminded me of the pack except they were more carved and detached from the rest of them.

I thought that it was about time to leave and looked out the window. I started to panic when I saw her trotting back to her home. The image of the wooden faces came back into my head. I panicked and ran around the whole house for a bit. I realized that I could leave through the bark entrance, but the bark wouldn't open. I ran to the soft spot and tried to hide under the red fur. At the time, I thought it would be a good hiding place.

She entered into her home through the bark entrance and was a little frazzled at the sight. I may have been messing with the shiny materials hanging from the ceiling and dropped them onto the floor. I didn't think nothing of it, I’m used to things being a bit splashy. She started saying words I couldn't really understand, but it sounded very very angry. She looked around and immediately found me hiding. I only saw a glimpse of her when she found me before being knocked out with a heavy object.

I woke up a few hours later tied up to a tree with a very hard silver string. I spent some time trying to get it off my neck but I couldn’t do it. Luckily there was a berry bush within my reach and I chowed down. I was getting really bored out there and howled for help, but there was no response from my pack.

Later on the next day the creature showed up with a container full of fruits and vegetables she tried talking to me again and I still couldn't understand her. She threw the food over to me from about about 5 feet away so the food was here and there, but I was happy anyway. She was still talking for a while and threw some gesture here and there so I understood a bit like "stay" and "I’m going". After all that she went trotting off. I spent the next hour just howling.

I finally got a response from some timberwolfs. I was so excited..... at first. Then I recognized the two of them and immediately knew what was coming next. I had gotten into a fight with them about a week ago which I had barely won. The two of them just started laughing and after they were done they just walked away leaving me there. Looks like I won't be getting any help from them anytime soon.

The creature finally came back with another one that was violet colored with a horn of some type sticking out of her head. The violet one was looking at me with a very worried look on her face. The striped one talked to the violet one for a while before walking away from the other one. I wondered what was going on then out of nowhere the violet one's horn started glowing very brightly. I tried to free myself from the string that bound me to the tree, but it refused to break and grant me freedom. I was getting increasing scared of the glowing violet creature. As the the light shot out at towards me, my life flashed before my eyes, before I lost my connection to the waking world.

I... I can still hear voices. They're faint, but they're there. Questions spring up like weeds. Am I dead? Why did the violet one do that to me? What did I ever do to it? Where am I? Am I ok? Will I be ok?

(Hope you enjoyed the first chapter if there are any problems please comment and ill try to improve the story as much as i can and ill try to improve my writing skills. Special thanks to leaderofstars for spell checking and fixing my story)