• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 4,340 Views, 176 Comments

Viridi: Down-Trotting - Dr Yeis



After an accident involving a Lightning Chariot joyride, Viridi, Goddess Of Nature, ends up in Equestria where she is less than pleased about its inhabitants...

  • ...
9
 176
 4,340

Ponies Aren't Humans

Bon Bon had a very satisfying day. She had brunch with her best friend, bought some milk from the store, and stopped an angry goddess from rampaging through the town. Or so she thought.

"Lon Lon!" Viridi said as she appeared out of thin air, her face as red as a freshly grown tomato.

"Bon Bon," Bon Bon replied.

"Whatever!" Viridi grabbed her hair and pulled it in anger. "Do you know what I've been through!? I have been humiliated and made a fool of by your leader! Is this some kind of joke, Ton Ton? Because I'm not laughing!"

"Okay, first of all, if you're going to crash my house, you could at least remember my name. And two, you can't just interfere with our way of life like that. Gods or not, you guys have no right to say your way is right."

"You're on a path to self-destruction! You need me!"

"Then teach us."

"You wouldn't listen! You would be just like the humans! Ignorant! Lazy! Uncommiting! Instead of saving the world, they'd rather read some story on the internet that isn't even true!"

"Viridi, listen to me. We're not humans. We're like humans but not. If these humans are anything like you say they are; lazy and uncomitting, then, yeah. We're like that. We have flaws, we have weaknesses. But you do too."

"W-what!?"

"You have a short temper, a tendency to meddle in business not your own and you jump to extreme measures quickly. You're more human than us."

Viridi tried to open her mouth and find words for a snappy comeback but none came. She was....right. If humans were destroying the world without even trying, then how is trying to commit genocide with good intentions any better? Viridi looked to the right, then back to Bon Bon and closed her eyes with shame.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

Viridi's eyes suddenly opened.

"Huh? But, I tried t-"

"Shush. It's what friends are for!"

Viridi gave Bon Bon a look.

"We're friends?"

"Sure. Now how about I get you a nice cup of tea." Bon Bon left to the now cleaned kitchen, leaving Viridi to grab a seat next to a small table with a potted sunflower on top. She stared at it and petted it gently with her fingers as if it was her pet.

"If....I had known...these....these ponies were so much different and...better than...them..." Viridi sighed, "...I would've left my world a long time ago."

"Viridi, you're talking to a plant." Viridi abruptly turned to the right, embarrassed to see Bon Bon returning with two cups of tea.

"Don't you know it's rude to interrupt someone's sillioquy? Then it becomes a monologue and that's just not the same! Buuuut since I'm in such a good mood as of late, I'll give you a free pass."

"Give me a free pass? You're the one who was talking to a sunflower!" Bon Bon chuckled.

"Yeah, well, sunflowers have feelings too!" Viridi smirked.

"Oh what's it gonna do? Assault me?"

"That's actually happened in other dimensions, or so I'm told," Viridi said leaning further back in her chair. Bon Bon froze at the thought of sunflowers coming alive and attacking her, but she quickly changed the topic.

"So, um, what did happen with Princess Celestia?" Bon Bon said, handing Viridi her tea and getting ready to drink hers.

"Oh! Um....you may have a slight...problem." Viridi looked a bit nervous.

"What's that?"

Viridi took a deep breath and prepared to tell Bon Bon the news.

"The megalomaniac known as Hades, Lord Of The Underworld, followed me here and wants to take over your world as well as all the worlds in the multiverse."

Bon Bon's eyes grew larger and she spit out the tea she had been drinking.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? We gotta do something about it!" Bon Bon said, getting up from her seat.

"No, no no. Palutena will take care of it. She's the Goddess Of Light in our world. Palutena stopped Hades before, she can do it again. Except...I don't think Pit's here..." Viridi explained, recollecting that if it were not for Pit, captain of Palutena's Army, Hades would have been alive the last 25 years.

"Still, we have to do something! Come on!" Bon Bon took Viridi forcefully by the hand and dragged her towards the door, when it was knocked down in front of them. A human with blue hair, a dashing face, royal clothing, and shadowy eyes that emitted a dark aura, appeared. "What in the wide world of Equestria!?"

"Wait....I know you..." Viridi yelled. "You're...the dork from th-"

The man pulled out a legendary golden sword with a hole at the edge, unmistakable as the mythical Falchion and slashed at Viridi with all his might. Bon Bon pulled Viridi out of the way without hesitation.

"You'll.....You'll.....YOU'LL TASTE THE BITTERNESS OF DEFEAT!" The man shouted.

"Who is that guy?! A friend of yours?" Bon Bon asked, huffing and puffing.

"As if! He's a reject prince from the Smash Tournament," Viridi answered.

"Like....you...." The prince growled.

"His name is Chrom. But...he's different!" Viridi said, ignoring Chrom's remark. "It's like he's under some sort of spell!"

"Oh, so you can remember his name but not mine?!" Bon Bon quipped.

"Working on it!" Viridi said as she ran with Bon Bon from Chrom's next attack.

Author's Note:

Yeah....so....in this timeline, Slice Of Life has not happened yet, and Bon Bon's personality remains the same as it was in the previous chapters.

Does that make it AU?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!

However, I may or may not keep the "Secret Agent Sweetie Drops" thing discussed in that episode. Maybe Bon Bon will show off some secret agent moves against Hades? It's a possibility.

Ciao, Loyal Viewers.