• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 4,323 Views, 176 Comments

Viridi: Down-Trotting - Dr Yeis



After an accident involving a Lightning Chariot joyride, Viridi, Goddess Of Nature, ends up in Equestria where she is less than pleased about its inhabitants...

  • ...
9
 176
 4,323

Negotiations

Being a princess wasn't easy; Celestia knew this for a fact. As such, three other princesses helped, but every once in a while, Celestia liked to relax. The white allicorn, had a room specifically made for the purpose. It included a cozy fire, a reclining chair and pink flower petals scattered around the room.

"Wait...flower petals?" Celestia thought. The princess heard a clapping noise from behind her. She turned around to see that the noise came from a mysterious, almost alien figure with golden hair in a beautiful red dress.

"Why hello there, Princess Cilissia," Viridi greeted.

"What the..!? Excuse me, I don't quite underst-" The confused princess replied.

"That's your name, right?" Viridi interrupted , scratching her head.

"No, my dear. I'm afraid it's Celestia," Celestia chuckled. She thought maybe that this could very well be somepony's idea of a prank.

"Oh ha ha ha! Laugh it up! But know this, Cullustia!"

"Celestia."

"Whatever! It just so happens I have a beef with you," Viridi growled.

"Tell me, what ill will have I done?" Celestia said, suddenly dropping her joyful tone. She knew anger when she saw it. But she had never met this...thing before in her entire life. What could she have done?

"You and your subjects are making a world that's wrong in so many ways!" Viridi ranted.

"For instance?"

"Like for instance, your interruption with the natural course of nature!"

"May I ask you to be more specific?"


"The sun."

"I take it you're new here?"

"Did the dress give it away?" Viridi asked sarcastically. "If you'll be as so kind as to resign...I can take it from here," Viridi made a contract out of thin air and gave it to a very confused Celestia.

"I'm...sorry, Miss..."

"Viridi. And you'll do well to remember it."

"Well then, Miss Viridi, I have no future plans of resigning from my post as princess of Equestria and I certainly will not enact yours."

"Excellent! I'll j-WHAT!?" Viridi yelled in outrage.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't let you take over my position,"

"Why...you...." Viridi snarled. "If you won't resign, I'll just have to do it the hard way!" Suddenly, a bright light shined throughout the entire room. It was blinding to both of them. "Wha? Wait...it can't be..." Viridi said, astonished.

A beautiful woman with green hair appeared in the middle of the room. She gave a stern look at Viridi and opened her mouth to speak.

"Viridi," she addressed.


"Palutena? What are you doing here!?" Viridi asked.


"I would like to know as w-" Celestia cried.

"I could ask you the same thing. First you interfere with human lives, now you interfere with a species that's not even in your domain. I know that you're better than this," Palutena scolded.

"Pffft! I'm doing them a favor. You wouldn't understand..." Viridi pouted.

"Viridi, I'm sure we can work this ou-"

"No! Do you know how long I've watched as the planet hurdles faster and faster towards annihilation like a speeding bullet? Yet, whoop de do, I'm given another chance on a planet not yet completely ruined."

"That still doesn't give you permission to resurrect the ruler of the Underworld!" Palutena snapped.


"May I just say som-" Celestia said, feeling like a bystander in the middle of a boxing match.

"Well I think.....wait. Did you just say the ruler of the Underworld was resurrected? As in Hades was resurrected?!" Viridi gasped.

"You mean...you didn't bring Hades back?"

"Why would I bring him back? He was as much a pain in my side as he was in yours!"

"Well, then how did he get into this world, or even be still alive for that matter?"

"Didn't I say I'd be back?" A new voice entered the room. Both Palutena and Viridi searched the room in hopes of finding the owner of this mystery voice.

"Ugh! Show yourself already!" Viridi screamed.

"It's good to see you too, Little Goddess. And you too, Pretty Palutena."

"Only one deity uses nicknames as bad as those," Palutena remarked.

"Hades..." Viridi exclaimed.


"Just how many of there are you?" Celestia asked.

"That's right! What has it been? 25 years already? We didn't even get an anniversary celebration. Aw. That's sad. But you know what isn't? My absolutely tremendous revenge plot!" Hades sneered.

"Seriously? We beat you before. We can do it again," Viridi boasted.

"Oh? I'm awfully looking forward to seeing you try. I've got popcorn and everything. See you later anyways. Not that you can see me! Ciao!" Hades, or at least his voice, left the room leaving worried expressions on the trio's faces. Viridi and Palutena remembered exactly what horror occurred the last time Hades had his "fun". Celestia however, did not have the slightest
idea of what in the world was going on."What are we going to do?" Palutena thought aloud.

"W-what!? You're Palutena, the Goddess Of Light! Saving the world from bad guys is your shtick!" Viridi exclaimed.

"Well, I was only able to transport myself to your position thanks to my one of a kind 'Super Sensor'! I did sense Hades near here but I thought you would be more reasonable."

"You basically used GPS to follow me? That's...creepy on so many levels," Viridi said nervously.

"Hey! You're the one who went missing!" Palutena retaliated.

"Oh, so getting hit by a Lightning Chariot is my fault now?"

"Ugh..." Celestia murmured. "This is going to be a long day, isn't it?"

Author's Note:

Yes, I know it was a long hiatus. Yes, I fell prey to Lavender Unicorn Syndrome. Ciao, Loyal Viewers.