• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 4,339 Views, 176 Comments

Viridi: Down-Trotting - Dr Yeis



After an accident involving a Lightning Chariot joyride, Viridi, Goddess Of Nature, ends up in Equestria where she is less than pleased about its inhabitants...

  • ...
9
 176
 4,339

What Did You Just Say About The Sun?

"Who is your leader? Do you really drive cars? Do you all cosplay as us at ComicCon?" Lyra asked the very much annoyed Viridi as she and Bon Bon walked along a path around Ponyville. The goddess was no stranger to loud-mouthed goofballs but she did have her limits.

"Bon Bon, if you can't make your friend shut up, I'm going to have a heart attack!" Viridi said, covering her ears.

"Lyra! Contain your enthusiasm," Bon Bon commanded.

Lyra immediately stopped talking and blushed; angering a human was not first on her priority list. "Sorry," Lyra apologized.

"That's okay. And for the record I am a goddess not a human," Viridi explained with pride.

"And we are ponies, not horses," Bon Bon pointed out.

"Then what exactly do horses look like in your world?" Viridi questioned.

"Bigger ponies," Bon Bon shrugged.

"And...your entire population is mostly...ponies," Viridi said as she scratched her head.

"Yeah. Mostly. There are some dragons, griffins and other things but..."

"No humans? No wars? No nothing?" Viridi asked with wonder.

"Well, there is the local bad guy trying to take over the world, but it's mostly peaceful here,"

"Sounds like paradi-What is that?" Viridi exclaimed as she saw an orange pony with golden hair and a cowboy hat prepare to kick a tree with her hooves. To the pony, it was a daily routine. To Viridi, she was about to commit murder.

"A-one. A-two. A-one two three," The pony said as she pulled back her hooves.

"Wait!" Viridi yelled as she teleported in between the pony and the tree. The pony was startled by this sudden appearance by the goddess.

"Just who the hay are you...or for that matter, what the hay are you?" The pony asked.

"Who am I? Who do you think you are?" Viridi retaliated. "You were about to commit murder to this perfectly healthy tree," she accused while hugging the tree like a mother would a child.

"But it's my job. My name's Applejack and we here at Sweet Apple Acres farm apples. Y'see, this here tree gives us apples. We buck em' to get the apples down," Applejack protested.

"That's still interfering with nature as a whole! You could just pick up the apples gently instead of...well this! Just what idiotic complete mess of a creature assigned you this task?" Viridi said, pointing to the tree.

"Princess Celestia," Applejack said proudly. Viridi gave a understanding gesture to the farmer and nodded twice. She then teleported back to Bon Bon afterwards.

"Who's Princess Celestia?" Viridi whispered.

"She's our ruler. She raises the sun," Bon Bon whispered back. Viridi gave her companion a look as if she was trying to figure out if she was insane or not.

"What did you just say about the sun?" Viridi asked.

"Um...Princess Celestia raises it," Bon Bon repeated.

"And she's the one in charge?" Viridi said angrily.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You can't just raise the sun! Last time we had someone raise the sun, he went insane and tried to kill everybody," Viridi explained.

"I'm sure Princess Celestia would never do that."

"How can you be so sure? Hm?" Viridi said suspiciously. "I'm going to meet this 'Princess Celestia' myself!"

"How can you assume somepony with power is going to kill everypony without a reason? I mean when was the last time you did something like that?" Bon Bon retaliated.

"Hm..."


"Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you! Muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"


"Can't remember," Viridi chuckled nervously.

"How are you even going to meet Princess Celestia? She is a princess after all," Bon Bon reasoned.

"I'm a goddess. I have my ways," Viridi said as she snapped her fingers and disappeared at the blink of an eye.


Back at Viridi's temple, things were....hectic to say the least. Phosphora did her best to cover up the scene as best she could. She even went as so far as to replace the dirt marks entirely. It had appeared as if there was no way anyone could possibly figure out there was an accident here. Unless of course, someone was watching the entire time. Unfortunately for the young goddess, a tall, dignified man wearing a dark cloak approached Phosphora.

"Miss Phosphora," He said, tapping the goddess on the shoulder.

"Eeek!" Phosphora screeched, shocked at the sudden tap. She turned around in fear, only to see that it was Viridi's loyal servant, Arlon The Serene. "Oh! It's just you, Arlon!" That was a close call...I thought it was someone like Cragalanche! Seriously. I am never playing poker with that guy. Again. Period, Phosphora thought to herself.

"Whatever, may I ask, are you doing here?" Arlon asked, raising his eyebrow suspiciously.

"I was...just...doing...garden work!" Yeah! That's a great excuse!

"Garden work for a goddess who can control the very earth around her?" Dang! That's a horrible excuse!

"Oh! Yeah! Well...Viridi...is on a vacation!" Please buy it. Please buy it. Please buy it. Please buy it.

"A vacation to where?" Oh forget you, Arlon!

"To...space!" Phosphora wasn't exactly lying, but she wasn't telling the whole truth either.

"To do what, exactly?" Ugh. Nobody expects the Arlon Inquisition.

"Um...goddess stuff," Phosphora said putting her hands behind her back, guiltily. This increased Arlon's suspicions. For some reason, Phosphora was lying to him and he was determined to find out what.

"What kind of 'goddess stuff'?" Something tells me Arlon would be the champ at Guess Who.

"Really....busy...goddess stuff." Arlon glared at the goddess for what seemed like an eternity. It felt like every second Arlon glared, a drop of sweat dripped down Phosphora's face. Don't sweat. Don't sweat. It'll make you seem suspicious. Wait...I'm a goddess. How can I sweat?

"I shall keep a keen eye on you. Don't forget that." Arlon walked away, leaving the poor goddess shaking in immortal terror. He walked back into the temple, chuckling to himself. "So...Rosebud took a little vacation," Arlon said as his voice started to change.

"I'm sure she won't mind if I offer her a little company..."


Author's Note:

Well, Hades is technically in there. But don't worry, loyal viewers. You'll be seeing much more if him later! Leave a like and favorite if you have enjoyed my work! Constructive criticism is also appreciated. Also, special thanks to Razalon The Lizardman who helped proofread my story and gave me tips to improve my writing. Chao, loyal viewers! Yes I know that it's spelled ciao...