• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 5,782 Views, 349 Comments

The Dragon King's Rebirth - Sipioc



(2nd person story). You are the Dragon King, feared throughout the world until your reign of terror crosses into Equestria. A fateful battle against the Alicorn sisters leads to your death, or so it seems.

  • ...
21
 349
 5,782

Chapter 16 Those Eyes - Part 1

Author's Note:

Gonna keep the chapters shorter, better chance for updates. Constructive criticism as always please.

Chapter 17


Those Eyes - Part 1


Despite what you said about having plans, you were in truth just more eager to leave the house. The idea of Cozy and Sparks expecting a baby was a bit of a shock but not really all that earth shattering.


For better or worse you owed your newfound existence to those two and their union and it was only natural that they would wish to copulate more. Still you couldn't help but lament to the idea that soon there would be another sodding pony child around you, only this one would be living with you.


Still another reason to make tracks would be that this revelation would also be a reminder of the reproduction reel to reel you saw in school, only this time the mare and stallion within had familiar faces.


“Mammals are disgusting.” You shuddered, crinkling up your nose at the confirmed biology that occurred just a hallway across from where you slept.


“What was that, Flint?” Fluttershy asked, looking back to where you followed her toward town.


“Nothing worth mentioning.” You replied, making a note to mind what you said.


“Alright then.” She said with a smile, graciously relenting the issue.


After leaving home you made your way toward the cottage of your supposed mentor. Though you had scheduled times during the week after school where she would teach you, she always left an open invitation for you to drop in whenever you wished. Though unnecessary, you appreciated the option, especially today.


Most days you would assist her with the various chores about the cottage. Along the way she would give you little tips for certain situations. At first you thought it tedious, but still, it came easy enough. You had to admit the first aid experience would be the most useful. No longer being able to regenerate within seconds would merit the knowledge to reset a broken limb or stitch up a deep cut.


Currently, you found yourself on a ‘field trip’ toward the local orchard. Fluttershy mentioned something about the farm was having problem with their chickens and her friend, the Stetson wearing Applejack, asked for her to come and check it out.


“That's not too heavy is it?” She says refers to the her medical saddle bags across your back. “I can carry it otherwise.”


“I said I would, and I can.” Your response is not unkind but also not leaving any room for further debate. It was getting heavy resulting in you lagging behind a bit, but you weren't about to admit that.


“Well, I appreciate you doing that, for me,” she says thankfully, “such a gentlecolt.”


The complement brings blood to your cheeks for some reason, but you shake it off by picking up your step and coming to her side properly.


“I wasn't expecting you to show up today.” the Pegasus begins as the two of you cross the stone bridge into town. “But I am glad to have the help.”


You manage grunt in response, causing her to giggle a little making your slagging cheeks burn once more.


“So what is the issue with the farmstead poultry?” You blurt out a little unevenly. ‘What is wrong with you today?’


“I'm not entirely sure.” She says as you cross through town square. “Applejack just says that within the last few days their egg counts have dropped abruptly.”


Despite the hustle and bustle of the market you can hear the concern in her voice, the compassion. In the past this would of turned your stomach, and it still does, just not as much when she says it.


“Something must be troubling the poor things.” She concludes as you come to a familiar stall. It was only a few weeks since your outburst at the local Princess here, and while nobody stares at you the less time here the better.


“...from mah experience it's best to be up front, sis.” The twang of the orange mare’s voice becomes more distinct as the two of you get closer. “Colts are a bit thick at this age.” She lets out a chuckle as tips her hat back a bit in amusement.


“Some just seem to stay that way come tah think of it.” Applejack appears to have been in the middle of providing counsel to her younger sister, on some matter or another.


‘Will the new foal come to me for advice?’ You ever so briefly wondered, before just as quickly crushed it.


The yellow farm filly had her back to you and didn't seem to realize the two you walk up. A wordless nod to Fluttershy says that the elder sibling did notice. She clearly took notice of you as well, her gaze however seemed to linger more on you. You met her scrutiny openly, and though neither of you were hostile, you got the feeling you were being sized up. Limited though your size was, you made a strong effort to hold yourself a bit taller in response.


“Ah just don't even know where tah begin!” Apple Bloom responds dejectedly. “Most of the time he seems more ornery than a bee nest in bear country.” Bringing a hoof down she kicks a errant rock that skitters a few feet through the dirt.


Her posture than seems to change a moment later, “But...ah don't know, Those are the times when ah think he really needs somepony the most.” She goes quiet for a moment.


At this point you were just being patient. You had known the filly for the majority of the duration of your time in Ponyville, and though she had her quirks, she had proven to be useful in her knowledge of the town as well as not overly irritating. This merited her some patience to talk to her sister about whatever.


She also did have a certain charm about her-


“Well I suppose a third or fourth opinion on the matter couldn't hurt?” The blonde maned cowpony said with a smug grin, that seemed to confound the younger pony before she turned and then proceeded to double take as she laid eyes on you and Fluttershy.


“AAaah!” The filly squeaked as her eyes went wide. She awkwardly backpedalled into the stand, her face a shade of red, as deep as the single apple that proceeded to fall from the stand and unceremoniously roll to your hooves.


“F-F-Flint!!? H-how...when did you?!” The filly asked wildly as you simply looked down at the cardinal colored fruit.


With a puff you heard the filly recompose herself, “Sorry, ‘bout that y’all, you just...scared me a bit.”


“Been awhile since I've done that to anypony.” You remark wryly. You proceeded to scoop up the apple and roll it in the frog of your hoof. Despite the fall the fruit remains pristine. It's supple flesh beckons you with it smooth texture tempting you to bite into it and release the rich juice within. Tempted yes, but you were no lowly thief.


Reaching out you return the produce back to the filly, her face still flustered but seemingly grateful as she takes it back


Your eyes flicked to the older mares as they regard the scene between the two of you. Fluttershy appears to be tickled by the whole thing as she is grinning softly before turning away when she sees you have noticed her.


Likewise, Applejack seemed to be taking in the moment, but there was still that sense of trepidation about it that only made her stare a bit harder at you before turning to her friend.


“Uhh,” Apple Bloom begins, once again drawing your attention back to her, “so, yeah, sorry for wiggin’ out there.” Her eyes are lowered to the fruit she now holds in her hooves.


You give a shrug and offer some reassurance.


“It's fine.”


It grows silent between the two of you. The market continues to go around you. You can hear Fluttershy and Applejack discussing some trivial matter about another one of their friends and a gathering of some kind. ‘If they would just get to the matter about the fowl we could be on our w-’


“H-how, much of that did you..hear?”


You turn once more to see Apple Bloom fiddling with the apple, this time rolling between her hooves, her eyes still hidden by her the bangs of her Apple red hair, but her face appearing to reflect the same tint.


Her continued silence told you she actually did want an answer. “It's not really any of my concern.” You respond.


“But...ah feel ah should...explain.” She stammers a bit before peaking at you from her bangs.


‘She doesn't want to talk about this, but she is going to anyway? Why?’ You pondered to yourself, confounded by her eagerness to emote. As confusing as it is you remain silent and wordlessly allow her to continue.


Only she doesn't.


Instead she seems to be looking everywhere you aren't. Normally, this would be painfully aggravating, but you found yourself in the morbid curious state of wondering what she was going to say.


Finally, she meets your eyes. They are a curious fiery orange that seem to capture her equally fiery nature. This pony, despite her youth, has shown a surprising resourceful nature as well as strong fortitude that belies her stature.


She breaks eye contact, and rubs her fetlock with a hoof, only now she has a soft smile on her muzzle as she continues to fumble with the apple.


“Alrighty then!” The voice of Applejack intercedes the odd moment as she comes out from the stand.


“Fluttershy and her little assistant,” she smirks at the last part, making you wince, feeling slighted by her meaning, “are gonna head on over to the farm ‘n check the problem we've been havin’ with the chickens.” She says, bringing a hoof to her sister’s shoulder. “Ah figure ah ‘kin stay here and mind the stall while you show ‘em to it, lil sis?”


“Ah...uh, y-yeah...okay…” Apple Bloom responds to her sister before looking back at you.


“Well git to it then! And the other thing!” She says the second half rather slyly with that same smug grin from before than seems to fluster the younger mare as well.


Apple Bloom hands the apple to her sister than approaches you with an in uneasy smile. With a nervous chuckle she walks
skittishly before you before regaining her full step as takes the lead heading toward her farm.


‘What the actual slagging hell was that all about?’ You wonder about the whole experience you had just now. Not only did Apple Bloom not explain...anything but now you suddenly CARED what she was gonna say? WHY?!


“Let's go Flint.” Fluttershy chirped from behind you. With a jolt you were broken from you stupor and began to trot after the filly in question.


----------


Brushing the red delicious apple on her orange coat, Applejack watched the two kids lead the way back home. She chuckled a bit at how awkward they had been and truly wondered if she too was that bad at that age.


The little colt hadn't exactly made the best first impression on her. ‘A temper like that don't exactly gloss mah coat.’ She grimly thought taking a bite of the apple which gave off a crisp crunch.


‘Still, if he has Fluttershy in his corner, that's gotta count for something.’ Said mare was following behind, casting Applejack a knowing look as she briskly trotted after them.


Taking another bite AJ just smiled a bit.


‘They do make a cute couple though.’

Comments ( 80 )

The premise reminds me of...some Wiiware game (don't remember the name; I never bought it). According to Nintendo Power, that game's first episode also starred a powerful dragon king who was robbed of his dragon form after taking on some goddess.

I was expecting a story about the dragon having his sweet revenge but this is nice too

Yep. Apple Bloom has it bad. I still support the fact that they are a cute couple, and AB's interesting pairing of stubbornness and helpfulness is actually a good personality type to get along with him. And it's only just come to me after looking at the last picture how similar their cutie marks are.

I do like how oblivious Flint is, not to mention his random musings on what a a sibling would mean, negative and mixed, as fitting for his personality. Also, nothing quite like the squick of parental copulation with and general squick to the idea of copulation.

7793588 Hmmph. Interesting. Though I can tell you I've never heard of that story. Would like to though.

7793786 Than it would be "Dragon King's Revenge".

7793844 soon soon.

Cutest photo every.

7794014 Thanks! Made it myself, ages ago.

That image oh my flipping gosh, so cute!

So far i cant say much than Flint is losing his dragon side a way too much, it seems like its sort of sappy?
Dunno how to explain it but i felt the attitude of Flints would be more consistent and yet nothing ''bad'' happened with his attitude and his whole personality is shifting too dramatically.......

Overall i will stay to see what happens but i must say with a honest opinion the history and the story of his past before Ponyville i liked, the rest is just meh since yeah hes changing like a light-bulb with on and off with ''goodness''.

7794322 I see your point, but I would like to think that he isn't being good so much as subtly accepting things.

He would do terrible things in his past life because he could, nobody could stop him but he found it all very unfulfilling. After living this life he now knows what it's like to be powerless and weak. As such he isn't distracted by his anger and is more willing to see the characters around them. He is still prone to rage but not unless it's provoked and he will then be more likely to fly off the handle as it were.

He has a code. He doesn't lie, he doesn't steal, lately his code changed to not harming others for no good reason. The last one is quite contrary to his old life but not really because he knows it's wrong but more because it isn't worth the trouble afterward.

That's an awesome drawing! You should color that in! I love this story.

Yay, an update! Glad to see more of the adventures of the grumpy dragon pony. Really liked the sketch at the end of the chapter it fit really well. Poor Flint, so oblivious to pony ways.:twilightsmile: Look forward to seeing more.

7795214 Hah! Yeah that ruby is a shard of Flint's former heart that was turned to stone in the impact of the asteroid.

This has been another session of "Making stuff up" goodnight everybody!

Though I must say I do like the switch on both of them!

7794798 I just may!

7795232 species swap shenanigans yay :rainbowwild:

Edit number 3: I've been trying to figure out how to word this for the past thirty minutes before realizing that my comment is going to be about my opinion seeing as how I don't know where you're going to take this story... and seeing as I don't like ripping into other people's stories (especially ones that I like) I'm going to keep this simple and to the point.

Edit number 5: I'm shipping Applebloom and Flint. A relationship between Flint and Dinky... it's just too easy to see that road taking a very dark turn for everyone in the story. The same could be said if Flint ends up alone.

Edit number 9: I can't figure out how to write this next part so...

Edit number 2: I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you for writing this, and have a nice day.

7796116 Alright Alright.

And you broke it, Now i need to go look at none cute things, like evil sword looking type things or just go find a Youtube video an Irish drinking song and get tipsy to it.

7796664 Sorry mate.

Sorry I didn't notice the chapter when it cam out, this was an other good story I hope to see the next one soon. Looks like Flint is getting increasingly desensitized to ponies, he might actually want to actually interact with them soon enough.

Lo and behold! He updated :D Good update, let's hope the next one gets here sooner :P

her full step as takes the lead heading toward her farm.

as she takes the lead

She says the second half rather slyly with that same smug eating grin from before than seems to fluster the younger mare as well.

I'm gonna assume this was supposed a shit eating grin. If not, get rid of the 'eating' or it doesn't make sense.

7804773 The Horror!
Maybe that's was the princesses' plan all along? :trollestia:

7823313 Ohohoho yes.

Flint looks good with a ponytail.
7823329 Christ on a crutch, was this the only thing you could think of?

7823482 Really? Huh...go figure.

7823939 I think so.

I had several ideas, but if your commenting on how I conveniently placed him into the very hamlet that the show takes place in a selfish bid to wedge in my character to interact with more canon characters then I suppose it is somewhat shameless. Still if he, the heartless Dragon King of olde, would learn the magic of friendship, what better place to do so then the very kingdom where it reigns?

Also why reinvent the wheel?

7824059 I'll concede that point, though it is a tad overdone at this point.
We may have differing opinions, but I will respect yours.

7824689 I can respect that.

7837622 I know right?

7845887 He is perhaps coming to terms. In the end he might have to choose what makes him happier.

7845911
Sorry if i come off as critical or mean, i just get angrier the tired i am, and it usually leads me to pounding my head against my keyboard when a story i like goes off in another direction than what i wanted. Not a bad direction per say just not the one i wanted, i am much more reasonable when well rested and i am binge reading this story. Thanks for responding.

7845935 He is learning to let it go. He may of been powerful but he was also miserable. It's only through his Return does he have a chance to try a new.

He is still angry, short tempered, and overall ornery.

Oh nice, I don't remembering reading that he took up the pony tail as a consistent style, but it does look good.

Looking forward to more

Now that I have binge read these 17 chapters, I have to say I love the story. Now to stay up for another week and hope a chapter comes...

I was expecting a round trashcan lid shaped viking shield and something closer to a Starwars rebellion alliance logo for the dragon half of cutie mark myself.

7876888 A Segway is a two-wheeled, motorized personal transport device. A segue is another word for an uninterrupted transition from one thing to another. It is commonly used in music.

“Mammals are disgusting.” You shuddered, crinkling up your nose at the confirmed biology that occurred just a hallway across from where you slept.

Funny, coming from a dragon. If dragon reproduction is anything like a lot of reptiles, then that would be quite frankly bizarre to pony senses.

Aww, sweet Apple Bloom falling in love with a bad boy. I think Applejack doesn't quite realise that Flint isn't so much awkward as that he has a completely alien mindset to this whole pony thing.

7793588
7793847

Not a WiiWare game. It's Unchained Blades for the 3DS, which was only published as a digital download.

7878971 True, but also keep in mind, Flint never took a mate back in the day.

1500 year old virgin:raritywink:

7897099
Thanks for that...

They still make those scooters? I thought they replaced them all with hover-boards.

You planning on continuing soon? Apart from some glaring grammar errors (Re: There, your and lay) this is a really fun story to read. Have a like.

8014973 Thanks. Those words have been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember, I doubt I'll ever master them.

As for the story, yes, it will continue and wrap up...eeeventually. Truth be told for me writing is hard and does not come easily as drawing does. When I actually sit and get some momentum I can do alright but finding that time is harder.

Thanks for the support!

8015169

I was quoting the cake bits from The Occurrence to my friends on discord. Great stuff :rainbowlaugh:

As for those words... I mean I never got them until I straight up looked them up on google. Dunno why but they seem to be way easier to learn when I actively decide them instead of being constantly corrected by my teachers. Ugh.

Good luck and hopefully see you soon :scootangel:

I think i went away from this story for a year and the feeling i got when i noticed it got only one new chapter was this.

Soul crushing depression that made me rethink all of my life choices which also made me think that my existence was entirely accidentally and the fact that my parents didn't put me out of my misery was because they thought they could live with the constant reminder of their mistake and pull through but they didn't realize that their lives would have been better off if they had the courage to make the logical decision and erase me from the face of the universe.

Maybe a little exaggerated

Login or register to comment