• ...
 6
 1,367

A Lonely Morning

Pewter used his magic to pry off the least burned of the pastries and place it on a plate. He nibbled on a slightly burnt puff pastry tomato wrap.
"Well," he whispered to himself "at least this one has not been completely burned." He quickly finished the flaky burned pastry and poured himself a glass of apple juice. Pewter downed it hastily to wash out the taste of burned pastry. Pewter put the empty glass on the table and scraped some more burned pastry off of the baking tray this time into the bin. He turned the tap on the kitchen sink and rinsed out his glass of apple juice then, he turned off the tap and dried out the glass before putting it back in the cupboard where it belonged.

Pewter trotted quietly back to his bedroom not wanting to disturb his sister with the noise of his hooves through the house. He opened the door to his bedroom and walked in, closing the door carefully and quietly behind him. He looked at the clock, half past seven, he looked out of his window the sun was now quite high in the sky. He rested his head on the windowsill and looked around. It was quiet outside, not many ponies walked by the manor house, and when they did, it was quietly so they didn't disturb his father, Thorn.

Pewter sighed and glanced at the clock, he didn't bother to read it, and he just looked and then returned his gaze to the window. He was about to rest his head back on the windowsill but, he stopped himself, there was a butterfly where he was about to rest his head. Pewter smiled
"Hello there, little butterfly, are you alone too?" The butterfly shuffled to one side slightly, Pewter rested his head beside it. "You can fly, go find a friend and come back when you do." With that, the butterfly took off and flew out of Pewter's window towards a future friend.