• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 2,679 Views, 150 Comments

We All Live In A Pokemon World... - 4428Gamer



An aura pulse spreads across the skies of Sinnoh, resulting in a few Equestrians to appear across the world of Pokemon. In other news, it seems a new Pokemon Trainer called 'Spike' has begun his journey with a familiar young trainer from Hoenn.

  • ...
7
 150
 2,679

Gastly Heights (Prologue)

I walked out of the kitchen with a content smile on my face and a tray of food in tow. It wasn’t a sight that my friends saw too often nowadays either. Usually I never have time to do any of the smaller jobs myself.

It wasn’t like I hated doing stuff like this. I just didn’t usually have the time. With everything that’s been happening lately, I’ve barely had the time to sit down and enjoy my day. So this was a welcomed change to me.

Although due to all the destruction that spread across nearly the entire town and basically destroyed every bit of my home, it was a welcomed change of pace. I had originally thought that I would be stressing out about the reconstruction and schedule changes. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. With the more important projects now on hold, I had plenty of time to replan everything.

In the meantime I could rest and spend some time with my friends and family. I can’t say that any of this was a surprise. They've all been waiting for the perfect opportunity to drag me away from my projects.

I should’ve seen all of it coming in all honesty. If someone close to me was surrounded in destruction and danger I would be just as worried.

Of course, I was perfectly fine in the end. Maybe I was a little disappointed with how everything was destroyed—like my home for instance—but there were still a few silver linings. After all, it wasn’t like any pictures were lost forever. Again, my friends and family could help recover any of those.

The one thing that had mattered to me the most is that no one had gotten hurt from the attack. If they were I wouldn’t know what to do.

I shook my head to try and make myself change the subject. There wasn't any point in worrying about any of that right now. Besides, I still had other things to take care of.

As I approached the door that led to the study, or at least what I was using as a study for now, I went over everything in my mind. I had my clipboard with everything I needed to look over. Some snacks for my ‘Number 1 Assistant’ to have. The repair costs that I now have to look over.

Rumble…

Heh. And some much needed breakfast for me as well.

Chuckling at the convenient timing, I opened the door and walked inside. Just as I was closing the door I began to hear a distinct yawn/roar coming from over at my desk.

I could only laugh. "You’re tired? What happened being ‘wide awake’, huh?"

As I rounded the wall that shaped the room, I spotted my desk with the pouting baby dragon on top of it.

He let out a fire-breathing sigh before finally looking up at me. "Char. Char-Charmander." He seemed so pumped about doing something outside the bio-dome earlier. I guess the time of day had finally caught up to him.

“Right, right. I forgot that you’re not much for mornings.” I placed the tray of food on the table and passed on the bowl of Pokémon food before Charmander.

“Char.” He shook his head and reached for the food. He seemed to be upset about something else.

“Oh,” When I made my way to my chair, I remembered just what it was that was making him feel this way. “Right, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.” When I looked back at him he seemed to be slumping forward a bit more than before. “Don’t worry Charmander. Just because they evolved before you, that doesn’t make them any better. You’re just a late bloomer is all.”

I reached over to pet his head but stopped midway as he gave me a look that explained to me just how bad that actually sounded.

“That, uh…” He took this moment to pick up the bowl of Pokémon food and make his way towards the windowsill. The fire on his tail growing as he went on. “N-Not that being a late bloomer's a bad thing! It’s just. That…Uh…Oh.”

I fell back into my chair with a defeated sigh. Alright, I’m gonna need to work on my pep talks.

Charmander jumped up to the windowsill with one leg hanging off the side and the other resting on the sill to hold up the Pokémon food. He didn’t even attempt to look back as he snacked on his food and looked out the window to pass the time.

Sir! Please step away from the ledge!” “Char?” Before Charmander could get a chance to eat even a piece of food, he spotted something and stood up on the sill to get a better look.

“Char, Charmander!” Almost immediately, he turned to me and made a gesture to bring me over so that I could take a look.

I furrow my brow but stand to walk over anyways. And the second I got there I looked out the window to try and get a better view.

Hey, watch it! If you’re not careful then you might just—AHHH!” A crowd that had apparently gathered up in front of the lab all gasped at once as they kept their gaze towards something higher up the building.

Charmander jumped out of the way and I leaned out the window to get a better look at just what the crowd was made of. Most of them were a group of people and Pokémon that were probably passing by. However, towards the center of the crowd was one person in particular that was currently using a megaphone.

“Officer Jenny, what’s wrong?!” She, as well as two Machokes that stood on either side of her, seemed to be on the scene.

Professor,” She yelled up at me next through the megaphone. “There’s a young boy up on the roof and he slipped off the side of the ledge!” The two Machokes took that as a signal to start setting something up directly underneath where I was. It looked like some type of tarp.

“On the roof?” I couldn’t see for myself unless I wanted to slip off the side of the building myself. “I’ll go check it out! Go ahead and come in if you have to!”

I backed out of the window and reached for my belt, only to remember that Garchomp was helping out in the bio-dome this morning. “Charmander,” I turned towards him next. ”I think I’m gonna need your help.”

“Mander!” He nodded with ready determination.

Without wasting anymore time, we both run for the door as it started to open up thanks to someone on the other side. “Hey, uh, Professor Sycamore,” The scientist began while not paying attention to the two of us still charging at the door. “There’s a crowd of people out in front of the la—WAH!

He just barely managed to jump out of the way as both me and Charmander come barreling past with no intent on stopping. He was okay, thankfully, but I couldn’t do much for him except yell out a quick apology and run along with Charmander.

Eventually, the two of us made our way towards the emergency staircase. Although with Charmander’s rash nature he simply tackled the door and knocked it off its hinges. He didn’t even give it a second thought. Instead, he just jumped over the door that now lay on the ground and continued on up the staircase.

I’ll remind him that it was a push door later.

I begrudgingly followed suit and followed him a full flight of stairs behind. I tried my best to catch up, but only got to the last flight of stairs as Charmander broke through the roof door just as easily as he did the first door. As I reached the top of the stairs I realized that it wasn’t just knocked off its hinges, it had burst into splinters.

However, that only managed to hold my attention for a few seconds before I spotted something else on the roof. It was transparent, floating, purple, and currently laughing to itself.

H-Help!” Somewhere below the floating orb, I saw two sets of fingers holding onto dear life on the edge of the roof. “I can’t get back up!

"I'm coming," I called out. "Just hang on!"

"I AM!" He retorted in fear. Okay, maybe that was a bad choice of words...

Meanwhile, Charmander was staring down the laughing, floating orb. When it finally did turn around I noticed what it was instantly. A Gastly.

With its form, most people assume that they could identify what kind of Pokémon it is during the day. What people don't seem to realize is that several ghost-type forms look almost identical during the day.

When Gastly finally saw us he finally stopped laughing. For a solid four seconds.

Gast-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas!

Charmander didn’t share the ghost Pokémon’s humor and instead allowed the flame on his tail to flare. “Char…

“Charmander, wait!” He ignored me, however and charged for the still laughing Gastly with his claws at the ready with a Scratch attack.

And phased right through it.

GAST!-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas-Gas!

Charmander began to visibly shake with fury before jumping back to his feet and trying repeatedly to scratch Gastly in two. But with every swipe, Gastly’s laughter just got louder and louder.

“Enough!” Both Pokémon stopped and turned towards me. “Gastly, get away from here. You’ve caused too much trouble.”

Gastly’s smile shrunk slightly as its face turned a few degrees to the right. It had looked like it wasn’t too sure what it had done.

WOAH!” I turned back to the ledge as I now only saw one set of fingers holding on to the side.

I took this chance to hold a hand over Garchomp’s Pokéball. He may not have been there to help, but Gastly understood the notion full well and finally dropped his smile entirely.

Charmander took the chance to try one last scratch attack, which just fazed between the Gastly’s two eyes. The ghost, however, ignored the attack entirely and took the chance to run. He floated right over Charmander and off the roof and towards the neighboring building directly ahead of us.

Charmander didn’t seem too pleased about his ‘opponent’ running from the fight, but I didn’t have the chance to worry about that. Without wasting a second I ran for the side of the roof where I saw the boy trying with all his might to keep a grip on the ledge.

“Okay, the Gastly’s gone. Here, take my hand.” I knelt down and held out my arm, watching as he looked down towards his free hand as if trying to convince it to do as he wanted.

It took nearly all of his strength, but he made one last ditch attempt to throw his left hand in order to catch my own. He lost whatever grip he had on the ledge in the process, but thankfully I caught his left hand before he could fall. I then noticed his look of complete fear as I bettered my grip. “It’s alright, I got you…” He looked up and saw me clearly struggling to try and pull him up...But to no avail.

“Uh, c-can you pull me up?” His voice was quieter, but still terrified. The situation he was stuck in wasn’t helping him relax either.

I’m...Trying…” Already I realized just how big of a mistake I had made. The biggest problem was that I was, just barely mind you, not strong enough to pull him up. And as if that bad news wasn’t enough, I was holding onto his hand in a way where I didn't have any leverage to help pull him up. So I was just as trapped as he was. “Okay...Slight problem…” I was speaking through gritting teeth, now just trying not to let him slip.

“S-Slight?!” His eyes grew wide in fear as he started to look down. All four or five stories down.

“Hold on, I’ll be right over!” A female voice had shouted behind me. Glancing over my shoulder, I spotted Officer Jenny rushing over and reaching down to pull up the boy’s other hand.

With our combined strength, we were able to pull him up to the point where he could bring up one of his legs to push back up onto the roof.

The crowd below us began breaking out in applause while me and the boy tried to catch our breath from the whole experience. Jenny, on the other hand, wasn’t winded in the least bit.

“What has gotten into you?!” Jenny glared at him sternly. “You have so much of your life ahead of you, why would you risk it with a dangerous stunt like that?!”

“W-Wait,” He shook his head. “Do you...Do you think I wanted to be up here?” He was obviously very confused about the situation.

I took this chance to study the child as the two of them had turned their focus away from me. He wasn’t in anything too unusual per se. It looked like everyday sleepwear with a pair of sweatpants and a plain t-shirt, complete with a nightcap somehow still perched on his head.

I also spotted a few other things strewn about the roof. Caught on an antenna was a small blanket, almost too small for even the child to use. Meanwhile, behind the three of us, I saw Charmander holding part of what looked like some kind of woven basket. It was broken into pieces and due to the wind most of it was probably left to the wind, but the bigger pieces were still here.

“You didn’t want to be up here?” Jenny rose an eyebrow as she crossed her arms, re-earning my attention on the two of them,

No!” He held up his arms, shaking his head. “L-Look, I don’t even know how I got here! All I know is that I woke up and saw that black and purple smoke-thingy floating in my face!” He pointed over towards where Charmander was still looking at the basket parts. “It wouldn’t go away and no matter what I did. It just kept following me over to the edge, and there wasn’t a rail or anything, s-so I tripped!”

“Hmm…” Jenny put a knuckle under her chin as she pondered his words before turning to me. “Professor, can you confirm any of this?”

“Yes,” I nodded. “When Charmander and I came up here, we spotted Gastly bothering him.”

She closed her eyes as if debating whether or not to believe any of this. “Well…” She turned to the boy. “It does match up with the reports we’ve been getting recently. A Gastly’s been going around and disturbing males whenever asleep.”

I nodded along with her. It was the same rumor that had been going around all of Lumiose and it had been around just as long as the ghostly human-figure in one of the office buildings.

“However,” She placed her hands on her hips. “That doesn’t explain just what you were doing up here in the first place.” Jenny lowered her eyes at the boy. “I’m glad this wasn’t anything like a suicide attempt, but how do you think your family’s going to respond when I tell them how you snuck into Professor Sycamore’s Lab?!”

“W-What?!” All the color from his face had faded away as he just kept staring at her. “S-Snuck…? Bu—I didn’t—I jus…” He froze like a Stantler in headlights, watching as Officer Jenny’s stern look became more and more upsetting.

“Now hold on, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” I took this as my queue and took a step between the two of them. “This young man’s actually an assistant of mine.” It was a complete lie, but the smile on my face was entirely genuine. I knew that he was telling the truth about being attacked by Gastly, after all I saw the Gastly myself. And if the story’s correct, that means that he really was asleep on the roof.

“Oh, he is?” Jenny blinked a few times, seeing no reason as to why I would lie.

“Y-Yeah,” The boy nodded, earning both of our attention. “I...I help him with sorting books and schedules.” Quick enough, he gave Jenny a shy grin. “My name’s Spike. A-And, sorry about making you worry.”

Slowly, Jenny began to relax. “Well, I guess there’s not much to be upset about. After all, if you are the Professor’s assistant then there’s really nothing you did wrong.”

I allowed myself a small breath of victory as Jenny took out a radio and gave Spike a kind smile. “Sorry for yelling at you. I guess we’re still all on edge from that Garchomp rampage.”

Spike muttered something under his breath, but neither of us had any hopes in hearing it.

Jenny then turned to me. “Good luck with rebuilding the lab Professor.” And with that, she walked off, not wasting a second to start reporting news on that Gastly.

“Well,” I shoved my hands into my pockets and allowed myself a content smile. “I don’t know about you or Charmander, but that’s more than enough excitement for one morning.”

“Charmander?” Spike took a second to look around the roof before finally spotting the Pokémon in ques— ”Wait a second, how’s come he’s still a dragon?”

“...” The smile on my face slowly left me as I studied the young man’s face. He was watching Charmander as he made his way over towards us. By the expression on his face, he wasn’t making some type of joke. And even if he was, he was paying no attention to me anymore. Instead, he watched as Charmander looked back at him with an equally confused look on his face.

This continued on for a minute more as I could only look between the two and weave my fingers through my hair as if to make sure my head was still on straight. When I knew for a fact that it actually was, I cleared my throat and regained their focus.

“How about we go ahead and come back inside? After all,” I let out an exasperated sigh. “It seems that we have a lot to talk about.”

Author's Note:

And so ends the prologue.

As many of you might have spotted, this chapter wasn't revised too much. That's because I really don't have a lot of time on my hands. I can go over a chapter and check for errors, but other than that it would take so long for me to write up a single chapter and perfect it. So if the pacing is ever off, I'm sorry.

Also, if any of you have read my stories before, and by that I mean any stories that I've posted on FANfiction instead of this site, you might know that I like to do something at the end of each chapter known as a QotC.

QotC stands for Question of the Chapter, and this is hopefully where the story will get much more interesting. You see, I want to try and make this story as interactive and enjoyable as possible. So I figured why not everyone have a hand in writing the story? So here's how it works:

Each chapter I'll ask a question. And, based on what you guys answer, the story will change to reflect that. Think of it like...The Walking Dead games. Where you guys make a choice and the story will change around those choices.

It's...A bit hard to explain any more than that, so...How about an example? Here's the first QotC of the story:

QotC: What's your favorite Pokémon?

Simple enough, eh? Go ahead and give your answers and you'll see just what happens next. Until then, can't wait to see What Kind of Pokémon Are You. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)