• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 6,594 Views, 609 Comments

Luna's Pokémon Journey - Norwegian boy



How many Pokémon can Luna catch and will she become a Pokémon champion?

  • ...
40
 609
 6,594

PreviousChapters Next
Not Black and White

After the incident with PMS and Lunatone, Luna and James was currently riding on James Lapras towards a place that only can be reachable by water. It was giant mountain that made Luna unassay, she tried to ask James where they were going but he said; ‘it’s better that I show you.’ She didn’t like the answer.

When they finally arrived at their riverbank, they jump off Lapras and James called her back to her Pokéball. While he was doing that, Luna had walk over to a sign, it read Mt. Pyre. Then she read what was under that, it was a cemetery, for Pokémon. She was utterly shocked when she read that part.

“You don’t have to come inside if you don’t want to.” She turned around and could see James looking at her with sombre face. “You can stay here until I return.”

Luna wanted to say something, but no word came out, she manged eventually. “Are… are one off your Pokémon buried here?” He just nodded. “W… what happened?”

He let out a sad sighed. “That’s something I don’t want to talk about out here.” He started to walk. “You can find me on the summit, with is past the six floor.” Before he walk in, Luna saw him by some white flowers by a woman who was standing by the entrance, he then went inside.

Luna just stood there, looking at the mountain. She has been in this world around teen weeks and never had thought that Pokémon could die strike her. When she was an alicorn, she knew that she would outlive ponies and that was something she had come to terms with. When she first saw a Pokémon, she had never thought that they could die. Deep inside she knew that they could die, she just didn’t wanted to believe it. She then look at the entrance, she wanted to know what happened to James Pokémon, so she walk in.

Once inside she could that I look like a normal church, benches, a cathedral and a priest. There was a front desk near the entrance, Luna walk there to get some guidance.

There was an elderly woman at the desk, she was currently riding something on a paper, she heard Luna approaching, she look up and gave Luna a smile. “Hello, my dear, what can I help you with?” The woman could see that it was Luna’s first time in Mt. Pyre, it couldn’t be easy for her.

“Yes, I was wondering how to get to the summit.”

The elderly woman pointed at some stairs. “Just walk up those stairs and followed the signs.” Luna thank the lady and walked towards the stairs.

It felt like forever, but Luna managed eventually to reach the summit. She had to catch her breath after all that climbing. “They really need to have an elevator here, either I am out of shape.” She could eventually feel the wind through her hair as she could see the blue sky and the ocean. “Wow, this is really high up.” She told herself.

She started to walk through the many graves that was at the summit, she could also see people and their Pokémon standing by some of the graves, mourning. She felt sadness for them. She eventually found James, which was a little easy considering he had all six Pokémon out. She could see Lapras, Swampert, Swellow, Manectric, Arcanine and Gallade. They were all standing in front of gave, Luna decided to approach very carefully.

“I didn’t think you would come.”

Luna was a little surprise that he knew that she was there. “I was a little curious.” Four of James Pokémon made a path so she could walk to the grave, the roses that James bought was lying in front of the tombstone, there was something written on it. “Gardevoir, beloved partner/friend and sister.” She read out loud. “How did she die?” She didn’t want to ask but she also wanted to know.

James, who was kneeling at grave, look over to Gallade who gave him a nod. James took a deep breath. “After my second attempt at becoming champion in Hoenn, which I didn’t won, I decided to travel to Unova to try my luck there. While traveling there I ran into a group called team Plasma, they wanted to ‘liberate’ Pokémon from their trainers.”

“Why did want to do that?” Luna asked him.

“They thought that capturing a Pokémon is a sin or something, I don’t remember.” Then his voice become more sombre. “I was battling some of their grunts using Gardevoir and I was wining, then another grunt appeared he release Beedrill and he told it to attack me with poison sting, directly.” Luna gasped when she heard that, she couldn’t believe that a human would attack another human. Then he started to cry. “I saw Beedrill coming towards and before I could do anything, Gardevoir teleported herself in front of me taking the hit.” He started to cry even more. “When that happened I didn’t do anything, I just stood there watching as Gardevoir fell to the ground.” He then started to hit the ground. “I was supposed to be her trainer and I let her down.”

Luna walk over to him, she sat down and gave him a hug, he gladly return it. “It’s ok James.” He just cried on her shoulder. “Did you try and save her?

He managed to talk between the crying. “I tried but the poison was to strong, I couldn’t save her.” He let go of her. “I almost gave up after that.”

“Why didn’t you?”

James look at the grave. “If I did, Gardevoir would never forgive me that I gave up on my dream and she would probably come back and hunt me if I did.” They could hear Gallade laugh a little when he said that.

Luna look over to Gallade. “I am guessing that Gardevoir was Gallade sister.”

James just nodded. “Yes, I found out that while trying to catch them.” He then smiled a little. “I was chasing them through the forest between Oldale and Petalburg, I managed eventually to pin them against a tree, but I couldn’t catch them when I saw how scared they were, they were also holding each other. I just couldn't catch them when I saw that.”

Luna smiled a little when she heard that. “Sound they made an impact on you.”

“Yeah, I was a rookie trainer after all. I managed to catch them eventually because Ralts keep following me, I guess she was curious of me or something, I really don’t know.”

Luna had never heard about Ralts before, but she guess that they evolved into Gardevoir and Gallade. “What happened to the trainer that attack you?”

He look at her. “Are you sure you want to know?” Luna nodded. “I attack him.” Her eyes widen when she heard that, she never thought James would resort to violence. “I tackle him to the ground, I started to beat him up and I didn’t want to stop I just wanted him to pay for given the order to Beedrill.” He look back at the grave. “When I was younger I never thought that Pokémon could die, that day in Unova chance my mind on that, I guess that the world isn’t all black and white.” Luna couldn’t help but agree with him on that.

They stayed at the grave for the rest of the day.

Author's Note:

This might be saddest chapter I have written and the reason is, I guess that Pokémon don't live forever. It might sound stupide but they can die and they have in the games.

If I have offended anyone with this chapter then I apologize.

PreviousChapters Next