• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 8,489 Views, 1,351 Comments

The Poisoned Barb's Tale - ManlyDerp



[Sequel Story] A mother, reborn into the mirrored world of her daughter's bygone years, desperately tries to find purpose in her second childhood. This is Barbara's diary.

  • ...
34
 1,351
 8,489

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 9, Part 5 (Look Before You Seer)

It was me.

It was me all along.

I’m the one who damaged Discord’s seal.

I’m the one who unleashed chaos upon Canterlot.

I’m the one who hurt all those ponies.

Blaming Red Gala for knocking off Artemis’ horn, or pointing a claw at Princy’s poor decisions, would be nothing more than semantics at this point. Everything those two did was either done on my behalf or in response to my actions, so it’s impossible to deny the role I played. Not that I would; as I already wrote, I'm to blame for everything.

The fear I felt when Prince Solaris lost his eye led me to revealing my knowledge about Discord to him, resulting in a meeting for his younger brother to overhear and grow jealous of. The fear I felt when I discovered somepony sneaking around in my head forced me into summoning my big red friend for protection, resulting in a standoff for Artemis to lash out and lose his horn in. The fear I felt when I realized how close he had come to stumbling on my secrets convinced me to avoid getting his older brother involved, resulting in a disaster I have no hope of undoing.

This is the reality I can't contest:

My cowardice damaged the world.

High above Canterlot, as I stared agape at the chaos I had wrought, I came to realize that confessing was the only mature option I had left. Telling Solaris every detail of what went down, like any sensible adult would, was the obvious choice; as I possessed the desire to do the right thing, yet lacked the means to do so.

"Artemis attacked me for my visions, so I tore off his horn in self-defense"... that's all I would have had to say. One simple sentence, made up of fifteen words in total; that's all it would have taken to doom Princy and I to an unknowable fate. Punishment would be likely for us both, perhaps even banishment, but if that's what it took to restore harmony... well then so be it.

In my heart I was ready to surrender...

◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠

"Moving the statue was perhaps the worst call the two of us could have ever made,” Prince Solaris sputters tiredly, as he lowers himself to my eye level. "The damage might have been mitigated if we had simply kept him in the garden… Do you recall how I mentioned how even shards of him were charged with his magic, and how bizarre effects could occur upon contact?”

"I'm guessing personality flips, species changes, and shrinking all count as "bizarre effects’, huh...” I answer weakly, my voice losing strength.

Now faced with my greatest mistake of all, my rightous edge is fading.

"It doesn't normally!” the completely done stallion confides in me, throwing his hooves up dramatically. "Normally the worst that can happen is a bought of reverse speak, or a rash where the shard breaks skin... Here though, simply touching the blasted things seems to be enough to change a pony beyond recognition!"

"And that's only possible because the seal weakened...?"

"Yes, exactly," answers Solaris with a pathetic whimper, making me feel cold all over again.

This time the chill is on the inside instead of out.

"The team designated to move the statue was made up of twenty archmages, ten earth ponies hazard team members, and five Wonderbolts, yet Discord still managed to shed all over the carpet!” my host groans loudly into the empty skies, upsetting Canterlot's peace. "Bubble shield spells! Anti-magic runes! And even expert atmosphere manipulation all failed to keep his pieces together! Oh-oh, and even better; we all thought the task had been completed perfectly! We were all led to believe that for weeks... until Princess Bluebelle literally turned blue!! I-I thought it was a fluke, so I tricked her into thinking it was an allergic reaction to hay! But nooooo!!" the alicorn wails, his mane splitting further into an even more unorganized bird's nest. "It couldn’t have been that easy, stars forbid! My team just had to keep stumbling on more, and more, and more shards until twenty percent of them were infected!! It’s an honest to goodness miracle that this hasn’t leaked out to the press yet, but if my overworked ponies keep making mistakes like leaving the rhino out where every flipping pony can see her then I might as well declare the truth to Equestria right here and now!! CITIZENS OF CANTERLOT; WE, BUCKED, UP, ROYALL-”

Sniff

Guilt, black and pure, devours me whole.

Solaris rant ends as my tears start flowing.

“I-I didn’t mean for anypony to get hurt!” I manage to spit out through my clenching throat, and aching heart. "I j-just didn’t want Discord to get to Dusk! I didn’t want what happened to your eye to happen to him, or for things t-to go get so out of control… I’m sorry… I-I’m so, so sorry…”

The will to stand leaves me as I collapse on my tail, and bury my head in my claws.

I...

… I can’t take this back.

I can’t undo this.

I dehorned Artemis.

I hurt Twinkle Scout and Mister Inkwell.

I broke Prince Solaris.

Equestria’s going to suffer an early reign of chaos all because I selfishly wanted to protect Dusk from his destiny, and because I wanted to selfishly protect my stupid secrets.

My misting eyes are genuine…

… My words, however...

Glomp

With goal of ending my weeping in mind, Prince Solaris dashes across a sea of clouds in order to hug my shaking form.

For a time, all is still.

… Inhale… Exhale…

All according to plan.

◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠

… in my head, however, I wasn't quite ready to call it quits.

I've spent all of my new life so far hoarding truths; the extent of my intelligence, the depth of my experience, the age of my soul, my innumerable sins, my three measurements, etc etc. I feel that most of these secrets are easy to justify when one considers that my end goal has always been to live a normal life with the ponies I've grown to love.

Hiding what happened to Artemis though... even now I'm struggling to explain what my thought process was on this.

I guess it ultimately came down to one reason and one reason alone:

I knew how to get away with it.

◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠

"I’m… sniff… sorry…” I whisper in Solaris' embrace, as I experience a sizable disconnect between my actions and my feelings.

I am a guilt-ridden mess.

I am truly sorry for all that I’ve done…

… But this, right here, is nothing more than a smokescreen; and, spoiler alert, everything I'm about to say is probably going to be a boldfaced lie as well.

Only got one shot here... This is either going to go down as my greatest gambit to date, or my greatest blunder of all.

There is no in-between.

Let's begin.

"And I'm sorry too, Barbara,” my former adversary speaks kindly, tightening his hold on me ever so slightly. "I'm sorry too. That crass display was most unbecoming of me.”

"I don't blame you for being upset,” I allow him to cradle me, to sooth me. "Y-you were stressed out, I get it. Anypony would be in your position... It can't be easy being a Prince with a broken Squire.”

"Barbar-”

"You don’t have to protect me anymore,” I insist, closing my eyes to hold back the rain. "I-I get it now. You didn’t want to tell me about any of this because you knew how’d I react...”

Controlling my breathing, I listen carefully for the reply I'm looking for; the reply I need to hear above all others.

"... Yes,” Solaris reluctantly agrees, rocking me slowly as he does. "Yes, exactly that... I didn't need clairvoyance to foresee this most undesirable of outcomes."

And with that simple 'yes', I've won.

I've won it all.

◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠

Prince Solaris is a creature of pride.

He takes pride in his schemes coming to fruition. He takes pride in his little ponies growing into their own. He takes pride in his visions being accurate.

He takes pride in being right.

Being wrong is what destroys him.

When his plan hits a snag it shakes him, when his goal escapes his grasp it frustrates him, when his plots go completely off the rails it saddens him, When things don’t go his way… well then he becomes a bigger baby than even myself. Unicorns are well known for their heightened emotions, and alicorns are no different. It was through understanding this that my path forward became clear:

I had to put words in his mouth.

The true reason behind why his highness had tried to hide Discord from me only came to light long after the meeting had subsided, when I was granted time to digest the encounter in its entirety. It became clear then that his dodginess wasn't for the reasons he stated, wherein he was worried about me placing the guilt solely on my shoulders. Instead, my earlier assumptions were the correct ones; he was trying to goat me for answers. The ease in which he dropped his act made it obvious.

He knew I had something to do with Discord's seal.

He knew I was hiding something larger than usual from him.

He knew from the very start... but he just lacked the means to prove it.

Asking me directly wasn't in the cards for him, as he's too prideful for such a blunt approach. Doing so would have weakened his image as the always right, always knowing Prince to me; forever cutting himself off from the true skeletons hidden in my closet.

Yes he has cried around me before, and dropped his mask more than once, but never has he acted as flustered as he had during this meeting. This made it clear that he wasn’t concealing the truth to avoid making me worry, or because he thought I would blame myself. The more I thought about it, the more obvious it became that his intentions weren’t anywhere near that noble.

Pumping my own emotions into that cover story made it real though.

Suddenly everything was going wrong again, and suddenly his majesty had another miscalculation to correct. In lieu of remaining the victim, deserving of answers, I had forced him to once again take up his mantle of the caring ruler. Lest I fall further into "despair," the Prince had no choice but to play my childish game of pretend...

… Looking back on it, I don’t remember if my decision to spin the conversation in that direction was a conscious one or not.

Considering how I was feeling at the time, and the frantic thoughts I was experiencing, I think the choice may have been more instinctual than intentional. My desire to hide the truth was overwhelming, almost… beastly… but it was based on rational thinking to a certain extent.

Discord’s seal weakened and released some of his magic; I knew that spilling the beans on my true involvement, and tattling on Artemis’ own, wasn’t going to undo what had happened. Exposing the Night Prince’s journey to restore himself was similarly pointless in my eyes, as doing so would deny him the opportunity to become the pony he wanted to be.

In the end, I guess abandoning Artemis felt like the greater sin here. That's likely why I chose not to forsake him. Going as far as to lie to Solaris, potentially setting myself up for a major backfiring in the future, seemed justifiable when I thought about it in these terms; when I imagined it more as a choosing of sides, rather than the outright betrayal of trust that it was. I'm still unsure what the actual catalyst for the decision was though... Maybe I emphasized more with Princy's lonely plight than his big brother's unownable machinations? Or maybe it was because I was more worried about one pony’s wrath over another’s?

Well, whatever the case may be, at the time of this writing I do not regret my choice.

What I do regret, however, is…

… Eh. I'm getting ahead of myself.

Here's what happened next.

◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠◠

"... If I possessed the power to leave Canterlot for a day I would have gladly gone to Ponyville for our meeting, so that the truth may remain with me alone," Solaris continues to reassure me, speaking softly. "But I need to be here for my little ponies right now. I must be here so that their woes can be mine instead.”

"I’m sorry,” I again repeat, further solidifying my façade. My face is deeply buried in the pony's white coat at this point as I attempt to hide my ugly crying. "I’m sorry.”

"I know, Barbara,” the Prince runs a wing along my back. "I know.”

"I-I’m so sorry… This wa-”

"Wasn’t your fault,” he bluntly interrupts, his tone now sounding a bit more like his usual self. "This wasn’t all your fault, dear child.”

"Bu-”

"Your memory fails you,” he silences me with a gentle nuzzling. His unkept beard tickles my scales ever so lightly, momentarily throwing off my concentration. "You may have brought your vision of Discord’s return to my attention, but you were not the one who decided to put him in a dusty old storage room. That sin is mine and mine alone.”

"B-but you wouldn’t have done that if I hadn’t told you anything!” I push away from his grasp, standing once more of my own accord. "If I had just kept my mouth shut none of this would have happened! Things would have probably gone normally, a-and everypony would have been okay!”

“Ah, but that is the open flame that all Seer’s play with eventually, Barbara.”

… I blink blankly up at Solaris.

Like a light switch being flipped, his appearance has suddenly gone from disheveled to regal. My scales vibrate lightly at the sight, making me keenly aware that he had just cast a transformation spell while I wasn’t looking...

... Hmph

Guess if you’re going to play at being a little girl’s ‘savior’ you might as well look the part.

"Since the dawn of time Seers have struggled to grasp the purpose behind their gifts,” the alicorn answers my half-confession with steady words; ones no longer laced with his exhausted undertones. "Leaving a vision be seems like such a waste, but acting upon it usually results in it not happening at all! Some days it can be simply maddening to be able to see so much yet be paralyzed with indecision, wouldn’t you agree?”

"Y… Y-yeah,” I ease up on my lying, admitting my weakness. "It really is.”

It's important to own up to your negative points, folks, and Seerdom is definitely mine. Considering how much I've screwed up the timeline just by being myself, I have got to be, like, the worse clairvoyant in the multiverse or something... Or at least in the top five.

"Never be afraid to admit that a call was not the right one, but don’t allow the mistake to dominate you either, dear,” Solaris resumes his lecture, willingly offering me knowledge. "I shouldn’t have burdened Sunset's life with studies and expectations, and I shouldn’t have decided that yours was to be Dusk’s assistant… But what’s done is done. All I can do now is repent and strive to do better...

"... and I seem to recall stating that we would bear this burden together, as a team.”

"Solaris…” I mumble, unable to form a reply to his clearly heartfelt degree.

Part of me realizes that I’m being a two-faced witch by egging him on like this; by convincing him that my only fault here is in the moving of the statue and nothing else...

… the other part though is just relieved that I’m no longer dealing with crazy Let-Me-Move-The-Flipping-Sun-A-Little-Closer Solaris anymore.

He will not be missed.

"You have a vision you don't like, we'll change the future together; I believe those were my exact words to you last time, Barbara,” my fellow Seer stomps a hoof against the cloud, producing a tiny fump noise. "Well I’m a stallion of my word. I do not blame you for what has transpired, and it’s clear that you are not harboring any resentment towards me either, so let us own up to our shared mistake and grow beyond it. Agreed?”

N-not harboring any resentment?! Um, hello?! Barbara The Dragoness, ages three through five, would like to have a word with you, flankhol-

Inhale... Exhale...

"... How do we fix this?” I reply to the Prince’s offer with determined eyes.

Mustn't look a gift horse in the mouth; I have a golden opportunity here to hide the full extent of my screw-up while simultaneously solving it! This is exactly what I was working towards... and not a moment too soon.

Any longer and I would have folded.

There’s a pressure growing in the back of my skull. My guilt is building, ready to burst at a moment's notice. I’m ignoring the pain to the best of my abilities, and focusing on the present, but I know me better than anyone else. This dam is going to break loose when I don’t want it to, and turn me into a real crying child once it does. With no one to talk to about it, and with my writing outlet off limits until after this meeting, I have no choice but to play my role as an atoner until the bitter end... Not like I wasn’t going to offer a claw or anything, but my crafted personas and my real one are starting to blur together into a confusing ball of string inside my head.

Someday I hope I can come to one of these meetings as just myself and no one else...

… Returning my breathing to a normal pace, allowing my inner fire to burn once more, I start over with renewed vigor. "How do we fix this?! Should we put Discord’s statue back where it was?”

"I won’t risk that,” Solaris immediately vetoes my proposal. "I will not put my little ponies into any more danger than we already have. Discord will stay in his room and that’s final.”

“Okay, so how do we return everypony to normal then?” I push forward, not allowing things to end there. "Counter spells? Potions? I really don’t want Mister Inkwell to have to go back to Magic Kindergarten... Or regular kindergarten, for that matter.”

“And neither do I, I assure you,” my partner in crime replies with a small chuckle, and I notice that it sounds a hell of a lot more sincere than his earlier ones. "Thankfully that part is already well underway:

“The Shards of Discord, as I have taken to calling them, only hold a finite amount of chaotic energy within them. Practically all of the affected ponies have been returning to normal ever since their initial contact; many of the emotionally altered are already looking like their old selves, the physically transformed seem to be regaining their equine anatomy with each passing hour, and even dear Crow has been mercifully springing up like a weed. Why just yesterday he was a hoof sucking newborn, but now look at him! Back to work as if nothing had happened at all… Though, at his current pace, the poor pony will be a hormonal teenager by this time next week… Oh how I do not envy him."

"Wish I could grow up again that fast,” I think to myself in a moment of mental levity. "Although if adult dragoness bodies are anything like human woman bodies... m-maybe I’m okay with being a baby dragon for a few more years or so.”

Not going to lie, waking up most mornings with energy and back devoid of kinks freaking rules.

"All that truly remains to be done,” Solaris continues his exposition, knocking me out of my thoughts. "is the collection and safe disenchanting of all of Discord's remaining shards.”

“How’s that been going?”

“It's been a slow endeavor,” he replies with a wing shrug. "Prone to accidents and media leaks, but it’s a necessary task. I've been lending a hoof wherever I can, but the draconequus’ female form has a long flowing mane that’s a tad too perfect for shedding chunks of himself off of."

"Which means... what, exactly?"

"It means there’s no way for us to be sure that every piece will be accounted for in the end,” the Prince bows his head mournfully, his disappointment clear. "I imagine ponies will still be stumbling upon Shards of Discord years from now, and I’m half tempted to cancel the Gala simply for that fact.”

"Half tempted?" I tilt my head, confused by that last bit. "Why not full tempted? If a noble accidentally stepped on a shard and turned into a crying foal, wouldn't that be bad for your reputation?"

"Truthfully speaking, Barbara; if that happened I doubt anypony would notice the difference."

"Solaris!"

"I'm joking!" the stallion snickers brashly in the face of my judging glare. "I'm only joking, dear. I wouldn't wish such a cruel fate on even my worse enemies!"

"Said the pony who turned Discord to stone, banished his brother to the moon for a thousand years, and transformed a Queen into living shadows, I tighten my lips, keeping my critique in my head where it belongs. "You haven't answered my question yet," I change subjects, making sure all our bases are being covered. "Do you think hosting the Gala in the castle is still a wise move, sir?"

"W-well, I'll admit; it's certainly not ideal," Solaris confesses with drooping ears. "Changing venues simply isn't possible when we're this close to the event though."

"Close?" my head tilts once more. "Isn't it a couple of months away still?"

"Yes, Barbara, it is," he nods in confirmation. "But a couple of months might as well be a couple of days when one considers the sheer amount of ponies and businesses that would need to be contacted first, and how quickly we could accomplish such a feat on such short notice. The rumors that would spring up during this time would likely run rampant as well, and grow beyond even my control."

"So, in summation, it would be more trouble than it's worth," I wilt, having realized what he's trying to tell me.

"Yes, dear. Exactly that."

"Phooey... Do you think all this will lead up to his return?” I throw my next question out there, definitely not liking what I’ve heard so far. "I mean, with all the chaos that’s going on in the castle right now and his weakening seal… M-maybe we should have the boys use the Elements on him?”

"Oh I wouldn’t worry about that," his highness reassures me with a small smile, and a much sunnier disposition. "Discord's magic may be spread out, but his actual body has been securely stored in a wing of the castle that nopony travels to anymore. It’ll be hard for him to drum up enough chaos energy to escape when his only companions are now dust bunnies, outdated books, and a broken mirror... Besides, harmony magic can not override harmony magic. It can only enhance what has already been cast.”

"... Prince Solaris... I thank you for thinking so highly of my intelligence... but please remember that I'm only seven years old,” I sigh, granting my host an unamused straight-face for his slip-up. "Everything I know about magic begins and ends with what little I overhear from Dusk when he talks to himself about it.”

"Ah, apologies,” said host shyly eats humble pie for his inappropriate usage of magibabble. "It's so easy to forget that detail sometimes... Harmony magic, Barbara, is not the same as the magic unicorns and alicorns utilize on a daily basis. Instead, harmony magic is primal, and thus has very specific rules that must be honored if one wishes to wield it.”

“Rules?”

“It's in the name, dear" the Prince lightly teases me which, considering how this meeting started, is more reassuring than frustrating. "Harmony means order, peace, things working in tandem for the benefit of all and, most importantly, rules that must be followed so that chaos can not bloom."

"So using the Elements on Discord again..."

"Won’t be possible until the current spell fades away,” my teacher answers fully, allowing me to see the big picture. "The old magic must cease to be first before new mana can take root."

"Oh..."

"Yes."

"..."

"..."

"... W... W-well... If that's the case, maybe we should, ahem...b... b-break it on purpose then?"

"Hmm? What was that, Barbara?"

"M-maybe we should, um, b-break it on purpose then?" I stammer my question out again, it sounding even dumber to my ears on the second attempt than it did on the first. "I-I mean, the sooner he's out the sooner the boys can stone him... right?"

"..."

"... S-sorry. That was a stupid question."

"No no, I understand what you're suggesting," Solaris reassures me, making me feel a little bit better. "I was just startled that you came up with that plan while I was still in the process of mulling over the exact same scenario."

"What? Really?"

"Indeed. It's not a bad plan, all things considered."

This fills me with hope.

"Really?" I parrot myself, getting hyped. "Awesome! Let's figure out a date when we can get everypony together than an-"

"Hold your fire there, Barbara," the Prince suddenly interrupts me with a waving of his hoof. "Hold your fire; I require time to meditate on this approach first before putting any sort of plan into action. Purposefully breaking the seal early may look good on parchment, but I'm unsure whether such a bold act would benefit Discord or not... Hmm... Perhaps it's not a good idea at all... "

"Bu-"

"There's no need to be hasty," I'm again cut-off. "I don't believe we're in a time crunch yet. Even at its reduced strength, the seal should hold true for a number of years still; plenty of time to plot, and plenty of time for my faithful student to grow more accustomed to the Element of Magic. It might even be possible to forge an even greater seal if we play our cards right, and proceed cautiously.”

"... Oh... " I relent, dropping the suggestion. "Um... Okay." Glad I could get the ball somewhat rolling here, at least.

Not sure if I’m completely sold on Solaris' ‘number of years’ estimate yet, but from what I’ve gathered, Eris, she- Ugh! I did it again! So Discord, I mean; he’s still not breaking out of his prison anytime soon. Moving the statue did buy us time, thank goodness. Crow Inkwell, Twinkle Scout, and everypony else he hurt are returning to normal as well, meaning I don't have to beat myself up too harshly for the part I played in their chaotic transformations.

Canterlot Castle might be kinda sorta cursed now, or whatever, but it seems like the big guy isn’t all that worried about that at the moment...

… Soooo, what’s left?

"Is there anything I can do to help, Prince Solaris?” I offer up, unsure what else there really is for me to do to make things right. "Maybe I can lend Crow a claw with something, or help Miss Twinkle Scout take off her ruined armor?"

"Barbara you’ve already done more than enough.”

Ouch.

Can't say that I didn't deserve that tongue lashing, but still... Ouch.

"Oh… ” I slump, as a fresh wave of guilt washes over me. "R-right…"

"Huh...? Oh! Oh no no no no no! I didn’t mean it that way!” the Prince hurriedly rushes to correct himself, having realized his poor choice of words. "We’re not talking about that damnable statue anymore! All I meant to say, dear, is that you’ve already done more than enough to help the situation; that’s all!”

… Wha?

I repeat my inner dialogue aloud. "Wha?"

My confusion is rewarded with a gentle looking smile, and even gentler eyes.

“My dear friend," Solaris begins, his voice growing wistful. "you are perhaps the only person alive in this era who I feel I can speak honestly with."

...

… Again I say... Wha?

"You’ve always had that sort of air about you, even when you were small," the pony goes on, relaxing further into his comfy cloud seat. "Simply talking to you about this crisis has opened my eyes to options I hadn't even considered!

"My worries were truly all consuming, and the future bleak... but laying down all that has transpired for you has done wonders to put everything into perspective.

"I'm no longer worried about what may happen next, now that the blinding dark clouds have been lifted from my mind...

"... With all that having been said; thank you, Barbara The Dragoness.

"Thank you for being such a wonderful listener for this silly old fool.”

"…”

"…”

… How is it that we’ve talked so far about chaos magic, Benjamin Button Ponies, and a crossdressing draconequus… yet this is the craziest darn thing I’ve heard all day?!

I’m the only person you can talk honestly with?” I ask with a snort, massively suspicious of his claim. “Really?”

"Indeed,” Prince Solaris confirms with a little bounce of his head, his smile still looking real. "For better or worse that is the truth. Again I must apologize for my earlier outburst; it was my desire not to worry you, yet I cruelly managed to do the complete opposite! Friends shouldn’t yell at friends…

"... Oh that’s a good lesson,” he then switches to talking with himself, placing a hoof upon his chin to complete the contemplative look. "I should try to impart that to Dusk somehow... Maybe a contest? A duel? Hmm... Decisions decisions...”

… Is…

… Is this a trap?

This feels like a trap.

This is probably a trap.

This is one hundred percent a trap…

Sigh

And it’s one I have no choice but to trigger.

“What about your brother?”

Once more unto the breach I go.

PreviousChapters Next