• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 5,606 Views, 76 Comments

NOT Doing Harmful Things to Your Waifu: Rainbow Dash - kildeez



A quick journey through the life and times of Anon and his growing feelings for Equestria's most awesome pegasus

  • ...
18
 76
 5,606

Chapter VI: Asking Her to Marry You

This time, it really was a normal, do-nothing day. I wanted it to be. It had to be a surprise. Eight months into my stay in Ponyville, and I know. She’s the one. She’s who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

So, like I said, we just did the usual: watched her pull some tricks off down at the pond, then went to lunch at the usual Saddle Arabian restaurant. We both got our usuals, sat down to a quiet meal, and I left no hint for what was about to come. Then, right after we’d finished our meals, I started. My hands were quivering, I was so nervous.

“Rainbow,” I started, my voice quivering in spite of my best efforts. “It’s been one helluva couple months.”

“Shyeah, no kidding,” she snickered. “Good months, though.”

“Yes, good months,” I added, still quivering.

Mistaking my nerves for sadness, she laid a hoof on my wrist. “Aw shoot, sweets, don’t tell me you’re missing Earth.”

“No, no! I mean…I do…” I moaned. I was already fucking this up. It was now or never. I pulled the small box I bought out of my jacket pocket. Her eyes widened. No mistaking what I had. No going back now.

“Ohmygosh…” she gasped breathlessly.

“Rainbow,” I said. “You are, by far, the best thing that’s ever happened to me, both here and on Earth. You met a tiny, lonely monkey from another world that other ponies were quick to dismiss as a monster, and you let him into your life in so many ways, and I…”

I was breathing heavily by now. C’mon, only one thing left you idiot, you can do this…”Rainbow Dash, will you…”

“Yes.”

“What?”

She looked up at me, her eyes shimmering with tears, snickered, and said: “I said yes, you big idiot. I’ll marry ya.”

Always the impatient one. I smiled through my tears as I affixed the golden band to a primary feather, then we kissed, passionately. Okay, nevermind everything I’ve said before, this was the best day ever. And it’s only the beginning. We can’t have foals, I know, we’ve already looked into that, but we can adopt. I move into her Cloudsdale home next week. The Ceremony’s in two months. And for the first time since I came here, I can actually look and see something constant, something normal.

Her.

My Dashie.

Comments ( 58 )
zel

Wasn't sure I was gonna post this, then I saw somebody else do something similar

that is one more reason to not do this goddamn it

5731004 I still think it was nice.

And then magically after 2 months Dashie is pregnant with a cute little Satyr.

Also... genetically incompatible you say? *naughty thoughts*

Aw this was so sweet. I wish the chapters were a tad longer but otherwise a great little story.

nice


stayclassy:moustache:

it was really cute and and it matches the picture perfectly.

5731038 Glad to deliver :)

5731177 Yeah, I just threw it together 'cause.

5731188 Always. I'm always classy...why isn't there a Fancy Pants emoticon? That's how you stay classy.

5732045
5732091 :yay:

5732673 INDEED



STAYCLASSY:moustache:

Well, this was better than expected.

5733043 I like to breathe fresh life into tired, overdone concepts. It's a hobby of mine.

5733519 Aww, thanks!

5735924 fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/199/e/6/fancy_unicorn_by_arseniic-d57rcdm.png

5736700 Glad to have contributed that to humanity. Others may have the discovery of penicillin and the writing of great epics held up as benchmarks of their genres under their belts. Me? I made a reference in MLP to a really funny time in human history.

5763420 Yes, quite, pip pip :moustache:

TLP

This.

This is the kind of stuff I lik- no, love to read.

Have all my likes. Each and every fucking one!

Seriously though, I've been looking to see if there was another one of these. And fortunately, I found one. Thanks!

5785874 I know! But near as I can tell, it's just me and that other Dash fic. (if I'm missing some, link plz)

Nut bed.

Epilogue chatper pl0x?

5834803 *le gasp* I didn't even think about an epilogue!

A fabulous story well done! :D
Nicely done man, nicely doe!

DASHIE FOR THE WIN BABY!

5932959
Did I destroy your notifications? *looks expectantly*

5936936 Eh, not much more than after I update "TCB: STR" or "A New Ending."

5937098
Balls... I have failed to live up to my title.
:raritydespair:

5937423 Well, considering an unfortunate percentage of comments on "STR" are unhelpful, whiny bitches who feel like they need to comment on every little thing no matter how small or inconsequential, as if their opinion is so important that it ABSOLUTELY POSI-FUCKING-TIVELY HAS TO BE VOICED AT EVERY TINY, LITTLE TURN...this is leagues more pleasant.

5942650
Hehehehehehehe, well I'm glad! :D
Keep up the awesome work dude!

5944828 I plan on it! :pinkiehappy:

I'm fed-up with stories where Rainbow is this damaged mare who needs help healing her broken widdle heart. Are you kidding me!? She's freakin' Rainbow Dash!

Bows

6150343 EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Ah, neat and cute little story to read before sleeping :twilightsmile:

Well done ^_^

For this story you get my like, my upvote, my fave and all the Internets in Silicone Valley! :twilightsmile:

6245451 Wow! How much Internets is that!?

6245562

Oh, I think somewhere around elevendy nine go zillion? something like that. :rainbowlaugh:

6341862 Hey, more power to ya

I still can't believe you'd give someone diabetes in such a callous matter.

6971982 Diabetes, existential crises, if I haven't caused a health problem in somebody, I haven't done my job.

6972223 The sad thing is, I'm half serious.

Gonna cover my bases, here: no I won't stop my binge reading of your works, dammit. If that's what you mean.

Login or register to comment