• Published 12th Mar 2015
  • 17,224 Views, 184 Comments

Sunset's Gone - sapphirebluez



Sunset Shimmer is miserable, lonely and heartbroken.For everyone, including the Mane 5 have accused her of being Anon-a-Miss and they now all hate and despise her even though it is not her doing. Even when the original Anon-a-Miss confessed to her

  • ...
57
 184
 17,224

Sunset's Performance (Part One)

"They hate you"

"Stop."

"Why would they need you anyways? You're nothing but a stupid pony, essentially useless to them"

"They were my friends. At one point."

"Hah. Foolish girl, they USED you as nothing but a magical hotline for them to contact Twillight if they land
themselves in trouble""Your friends those Rainbooms? They just need you because you’re a magical being from Equestria, a place filled with magic and wonders in which you know all about! They just want you to teach them, show them, and once they’ve known everything they’ll discard you. Just watch and see if you don’t believe me."

Silence. A flinch, barely noticeble. Sunset stood in an empty space of darkness.

"Stop. You're feeding me lies, I want to forgive them, want to-"

"THEY LEFT YOU!"

Sunset Shimmer jerked her head ever so slightly in response to the familiar voice.

"Haha is being Miss Anon-a-Miss having fun? Oh, so you're not her? Right, tell me when you decide to stop being a goddamn kid Sunset!"

No.... Her blood ran cold as the voice slowly morphed into that of Applejack's.

"Nothing is real, the voice is taunting me, stop grabbing the bait like you always did," squeezing her eyes tightly and snapping them open.

"I trusted you, Sunset, and you-you went and leaked those photos online? How could you? Go away, your face is a disgrace, no, YOU are a disgrace!"

"Rarity. I'm sorry but it wasn't me! No. This is a trick!"

"Stop taunting me!!"she cried.

"You-you meanie!! I trusted you Sunset! I was the kindest to you! I helped you when you were alone and afraid and this is what you give us- me back??? You're not even worthy to be called my friend after what you've done!! I hate you!!!!

"Fluttershy! Please! I would never do such a thing!" Sunset cried tears starting to sting her eyes. She was slowly being convinced, that maybe, her friends weren't as sorry as she thought.

"Aww, is little Sunny-Wunny going to cry? Seems she deserves it after betraying us!!

The harsh voice of the school's best athlete Rainbow Dash taunted.

Sunset squeezed her eyes shut hoping and praying this was somehow just a horrible, evil nightmare.

"You see Sunset?! Do I need to explain more?!"

"T-This can't be true, IT CAN'T!!!"

"Oooh lookie here! It's Sunny, maybe if I bake here some nasty icky cupcakes and give it to her she might get a horrible tummy ache and DIE!! HEHEHE"

Pinkie's creepy chuckle echoed across here head.

"No. No. NO!! C-com Sunset this is just some horrible nightmare right? Right? I-I'll just wake just wake up and it will be all over!" Sunset covered her ears and groaned in agony.

"Leave them and go away, far far from her you dumb, useless pony"

I-

"Look at them, do you think they're doing this because they want to? NO!"

But-

"They're doing it either to elevate their guilt or trying to increase their popularity!"

How-

"I can already see the headlines, Rainbooms Have Saved The Day, Saving A Friend From A Desperate End! And then would throw you away like a broken ragdoll into a corner until trouble strikes and they'll be begging for you to help with puppy eyes until you break and say 'Yes'!"

Sunset felt herself falling, falling, into and endless pit as the voice of the school, her former friends and a certain evil, wicked voice laughed and taunted her till no end. She covered her face and began to weep as she fell.


"You alright?" A distinct voice broke through her haze as the cloudiness from her eyes went away and Sunset shifted back into reality in which she was dressed in her garments and scepter in which she sat on her throne.

Sunset gasped as she quickly turned to her questioner.

"Maybe someone does care..?" A tiny bit of hope bubbled up in her chest and she quickly shook her head.
Right. Performance. I guess it game face on me.

She faced the stage in which several students were each taking turns to do short performances to honour her and make up for their mistakes.

"Um Flash? Is it okay if I just run out for a few quick minutes? To use the bathroom that is." Sunset whispered to Flash who was standing next to her.

"Aww, c’mon can’t you just hold on for a while? Besides what’s so important that you need to go out right now in the middle of such a cool performance?" Flash questioned with a raised eyebrow, slightly suspicious.

"Ah um, never mind" Sunset said quickly. "Let’s just watch and enjoy the show, yes?". After which Sunset forced a smile and quickly turned and faced the stage.

Flash shrugged and turned his head back to the stage.


"You're pathetic."

The voice squashed out any remaining hope she ever had.

It was there again, how?

Suddenly, she was shifted in the same empty dark reality.

"Besides those ‘friends’ of yours didn’t even bother to show up! They probably just waited for everybody to apologize to you for you to go soft and then they will step in and acted as if nothing bad had ever happened! Some 'friends' of yours."

"S-Shut up!"

"They "help" you for publicity. You are nothing to them but a chewed up gum. They all hate you, you can't do anything for yourself, not even defend yourself. Especially when that rainbow beam hit you. Pathetic. I bet they wouldn't even care if you left or even dead! In fact they would probably celebrate since no more 'Anon-a-Miss will leak their secrets."

"YOUAREN'T PART OF US, NEVER WERE, NEVER WILL."

The voices of the Rainbooms shouted to her.


Done. The last one echoed with startling clarity from the cacophony of voice in her head and finally, broke the dam if she had tried to keep up.

"GO AWAY I DON'T NEED YOU GUYS!!!"

She screamed. The performance stopped as her words sunk in. Dead silence filled the vast hall, echoing and bouncing of walls. She had dropped her scepter and tore of her garments and was now standing, filled with anger, rage, sadness and hate.

"Sunset-," Flash started but was promptly cut off .

"I KNOW YOU GUYS DONT CARE, YOU ONLY WANT ME BECAUSE OF MY CONNECTION TO TWILLIGHT " Sunset was screaming now, but she didn't care. All eyes were on here now, side and filled with either fear or shock at her outburst.

Shocked looks were shown as someone choked and cough and yet, Sunset continued,

"YOU WANT TO HELP ME TO INCREASE YOUR POPULARITY. TO HELP YOU GUYS JUST LIKE A SPARE TIRE AND THROW ME AWAY ONCE I'VE POPPED!!"

The was a pounding of footsteps as the Rainbooms came out of behind the stage and rushed to where Sunset was standing.

"Sunset that isn't tru-" Aplejack tried to say but was cut off as Sunset turned and pointed a finger, shaking with rage at them accusingly.

"DON'T LIE APPLEJACK, THE SO CALLED 'ELEMENT OF HONESTY'. YOU ALL NEVER WANTED ME AS A FRIEND, NEVER, YOU ALL DIDN'T
LISTENED TO MY PLEAS AND CRIES,YOU DIDN'T TRUST ME ENOUGH, OR MAYBE, YOU JUST NEVER DID!"

The auditorium was quiet now. So quiet you could hear the sound of breathing.

Sunset was still shaking and waterfalls of tears fell down her face and dripped onto the floor, creating a small puddle.

"Sunset darling, please, you are obviously in a great amount of pain, filled with the scars and blows we had caused, please let us make it up to you" Rarity said sadly her eyes starting to too, fill with her own tears, as she slowly moved towards Sunset arms outstrected as if to hug her.

Sunset stood still, and just before Rarity could embrace her, she jerked and slapped her arms away.

Rarity recoiled in shock.

"S-Sunset..."

"No. Liar" she hissed angrily.

Sunset turned and ran towards the stage, not caring as she pushed several students of her way.

"MOVE!!" She shouted to the group of students.

The students quickly wasted no time and rushed of the stage, for fear at what she might do to them if they didn't.

"You all want a performance, don't you to so call 'dedicate' to me?! Well, I too, have something I want to show you." A grin formed on Sunset's face, and it wasn't a nice one. "This one is especially dedicated to you, Rainbooms.'

"W-What is it S-Sunset?" Fluttershy whispered ever so softly in fear, but not soft enough for Sunset's ear to catch her words.

"Prepare yourself, Rainbooms, everyone. The shows has just begun." Sunset stated darkly.

Author's Note:

Omigosh, I am so sorry I haven't updated in at least three thousand years. School and exams mad me really busy.

This chapter is really different from the rest because I collaborated with a good friend of mine from school. (She doesn't have a fimfiction account and would like to go by the name of 'Amerz') In which I am super duper grateful for her help.