• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 1,126 Views, 43 Comments

Soarin's Pet Rock - Beware The Carpenter



Most people wouldn't think that a pet rock could have many adventures. Most people would be wrong.

  • ...
1
 43
 1,126

2 - Regrouping

Soarin groaned, rubbing the sides of his head with his wings and sat up, trying to make sense of what happened. As always, he checked his dresser first; bolted upright when he saw that Stoner wasn’t there. He leaped into the air, to make sure he wouldn’t step on him, and searched the room till he found Stoner, flat on his back behind the chest; “Stoner!” he scooped him up with both fore-hooves, checking him for injury, “Are you OK bro?”

“I’m fine Soarin, but that mare you brought back last night knocked you out and then robbed the place.”

“What did she take?” Stoner pointed to the empty closet, making Soarin groan. “What time is it?” Both of them looked at the clock; Soarin had slept through the night, it was nearly eight in the morning!

“She didn’t get them all; did she?”

“Sure did bro.”

“…Rainbow Dash is going to be so mad.”

“What are we going to do Soarin? Without a uniform, you can’t compete in the cup finals. The team needs you.”

“Maybe we could borrow one from someone else?”

Stoner shook his head; “Won’t work; no one else is your size. Remember when one of your uniforms got mixed up with Lightning Streak’s and you split it mid-show? It was embarrassing!”

“I… guess I need to go tell Rainbow Dash what happened so she can get her unicorn friend to make me a new one.”

Stoner rolled his eyes, “Really? Are you giving up that easily? Look, we both know Rainbow Dash has a crush on you, but with all these screw-ups it’s no wonder that she hasn’t made a move yet. If you’re ever going to get anywhere with her, she can’t know about this. We need to get back those uniforms ourselves!”

Soarin nodded slowly, “I… guess it’s just up to you and me then.”

“What about Bluey?” suggested Stoner, “He’ll help us.”

“You’re right,” agreed Soarin, “He can help us without Rainbow Dash hearing anything… after breakfast.”

“Dude, this is serious! We need to get on this mare’s trail pronto. Besides, we can eat at Bluey’s place. He always has nice stuff.”

“You're right; let’s go.” Soarin ran to his closet and got his saddlebags, which were custom made with clear plastic windows so Stoner could see where they were going and wouldn’t get airsick. Stoner hopped in and began humming inspirational music to put Soarin in a kick-ass mood as they sped towards Blueblood Manor.