• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 27,681 Views, 2,191 Comments

I Am Going To Save And/Or Destroy Equestria! - Bucking Nonsense



In an Equestria where Celestia and Luna have slain each other, a human is brought to Equestria in the body of King Sombra, in hopes that he might be able to save the kingdom from the fiends of Tartarus...

  • ...
91
 2,191
 27,681

PreviousChapters Next
Wherever I Am, There Is Joy And Laughter

Author's Note:

Another chapter for you, because A. I love you all, and B. I'm awesome. Enjoy!

There are not enough words in the world to sufficiently describe the pandemonium that followed. There were screams, there were shouts, there were mares calling for their mothers. Surprisingly, those calls came from the older ponies, not the few younger ones who were watching the grownups acting like idiots with looks of amusement on their faces. A lot of the ponies were shouting things like, "He's a zombie! He'll eat our flesh!", "He's a vampire! He'll eat our blood!", and "He's a demon! He'll eat our souls!" And then there was my personal favorite, "He's a zombie vampire demon! He'll eat our EVERYTHING!!!"

As strange as it sounds, the fact that nearly everyone else in the room was freaking out kept me from freaking out. Otherwise, I might have totally lost my shit, especially since I was just discovering that my body... was no longer my body. I had hooves where my hands should be, and instead of my normal skin, I had a a gray fur-covered hide. I looked around to see what I could find for a reflective surface so that I could take stock in regards to how much my body had changed.

That allowed me to take notice for the first time of my surroundings. I was in a large chamber inside of a cave, it seemed, one illuminated by a number of glowing crystals. Although, on further analysis, it seemed less like a cave and more like an artificial tunnel that had been allowed to go a long, long time without any maintenance, or perhaps a natural cavern that someone had expanded upon in ancient times. Either way, it was obviously ages old, given the presence of stalagmites and stalactites, strongly implying that, even if this cavern might have started out artificial, it was well on its way to becoming a natural cavern.

I'm not a geologist, but I took a geology class in college as an elective, so I learned a lot about rocks, minerals, and other related topics, including the fact that crystals normally don't glow. There are a small number that can, but normally only UV lights. Then again, I'd noticed a number of horns on the ponies running around screamed, as well as wings, which led me to believe that my earth science might not apply to the world of talking ponies.

I could only see one way out of the chamber, and that was on the other side of the herd of panicked equines, so there was no chance of my getting out that way right at the moment.

After a few seconds of searching, I found a crystal that wasn't glowing, but had a smooth, reflective surface, and gave myself a look...

Okay, when most humans hear the word 'Unicorn', they picture something from a Lisa Frank notebook, the kind with a twirly rainbow mane and horn, sparkly eyes, and a dopey looking facial expression. They imagine a prancing magical horse that uses a marshmallow laser to do battle with an evil gummi bear king with a five year old girl in a pink dress and carrying a glittery pink magic wand riding on its back. They imagine something that ate sugar and farted butterflies. Something that looks like it should be made into a little girl's toy that the girl's barbie dolls ride on. They did not, as a rule, imagine what I looked like.

If someone put the kind of unicorn I had become on a notebook cover, it would be the kind of notebook that belonged to the front man of a German death metal band. If I went into battle, it would be while launching lightning bolts and fireballs at a black dragon, and with a fucking lich riding on my back wielding a staff forged from the bones of murdered gods. I looked like something that ate pretty pink princesses and shat leather-clad dominatrices. If someone made a girl's toy of this unicorn, it would impregnate all the barbie dolls, disembowel every teddy bear in the little girl's possession, then build itself a throne from the dismembered remains of her brother's GI Joes.

I looked like the most villainous thing to ever be given hooves. No wonder everyone was freaking out. I really did look like a vampire demon unicorn, although the zombie thing was just rude. Behind me, the two ponies who had been talking seemed to be trying to restore order, along with a few others. They didn't seem to be having much success, though, given that the sound of everyone screaming was doing a magnificent job of drowning them out. Until they got everyone settled, I was unlikely to get any answers whatsoever...

I took a deep breath, and shouted at the top of my lungs, "WILL EVERYONE PLEASE JUST SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, ALREADY?!" Sadly, it seemed I had not gotten enough sleep to keep me completely out of Grumpy-Fuck mode.

Almost instantly, every mare in the cavern complied, although many of them were clearly trembling at the sight of me. Clearing my throat, I said, "Thank you." Looking over at the two ponies that were closest to me, I commanded, "You two. Explain." I did not make that a question. This was not the face of someone who needed to ask a question to get an answer...

The first one to speak was the one that I had dubbed Gruffette, a neon blue pegasus (Or at least, I assumed that was what the winged ponies called themselves) with a black mane, in a military cut. She had a mark on her butt cheeks that depicted a sword with a pair of golden wings framing it. Unlike most of the ponies present, she was... sparkly, like she was made from gemstones, instead of flesh and blood. She began to say, "Who do you think you are, ordering us aro..."

She stopped mid-sentence when I gave her what I thought was an annoyed glance. Instead, it seemed that I had given her a look fit to give little children nightmares. Her expression changed instantly from one of fierce rebellion to one of abject terror as she halted so abruptly that she almost bit her tongue, and immediately covered her mouth with her hooves, trying to smother a terrified shriek. She did a middling job of it, and her wide eyes betrayed the horror she felt just from the look on my face.

Well, it seemed that I was even more terrifying than I thought I was. She was so frightened of me that I was surprised that she didn't fear-shit her internal organs in alphabetical order. Had she been twenty, or maybe even just ten years older, I'd likely have stopped her heart right then and there.

Returning my expression to something more neutral, I said, "Your name."

Gulping, she said, "L-Ladyhawke, sir." She was now visibly shivering, clearly expecting me to strike her down that instant. Given my appearance, I didn't blame her one bit.

With a small smile, I said, "I'll make certain to remember that." She cringed at that simple statement, but said nothing else. Turning towards the other, the one I assumed was Nerdette, I said, "Now, an explanation."

Nerdette was a tan unicorn, and her mark was a magic wand with a gold star at the tip. She had a purple mane with a yellow streak through it, and she looked terrified of me, yet at the same time intensely curious. She resembled a scientist who had just discovered an alien life form, and while it might have looked like the bastard offspring of a tiger, a shark, and a porcupine, she still wanted to have a chance to study it...

Clearing her throat, she said, "My... my name is Sparkling Sunset, your eminence." Bowing deeply, she said, "I apologize for my presumptuous, but I... no, we have called you back from the halls of the fallen to aid us in this, our darkest hour. Please, King Sombra, help us!"

Looking down at the kneeling unicorn, I asked, "Help with what?"

She blushed with embarrassment, then said, meekly, "Oh, right, yes, you've been dead for a year, so you wouldn't know." She picked up a scarf and a wooly hat from the ground beside her, the garments that she had removed a few moments ago. She gestured to the only exit to the chamber and said, "If you'll follow me, I'll explain as we go..."
---------------------------------------

Okay, there's crazy, there's insane, and then there's Equestria. I stared up at the sky as I listened to Sparkling Sunset drone on about the state of the world, as fucked up as it was.

The sky...

Words are insufficient to do it justice, honestly. Up above me was the sun and the moon. Well, half of each, really. The two had collided, and instead of the sun incinerating the moon, it had... shattered, as had the lunar satellite, and both were clearly the same size. The remaining halves of each celestial object had remained together, and hung there like the corpse of a murdered sky-god. The sky, locked in a perpetual starry dusk, was littered with clearly visible fragments from both, as well as darker patches where, apparently, this Nightmare Moon chick had ripped out stars to throw them at her sister, Celestia...

"...and with both Luna and Celestia gone, the fiends of Tartatus broke loose, and started rampaging everywhere. My teacher, Clover the Clever, told me that, if she couldn't stop them, I would need to gather one hundred and eight virgin mares, and use ritual she taught to me to bring you back from the dead." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her blush as she said, "It took a lot longer than I thought it would. Most mares marry young and start producing offspring pretty quickly. I had to cheat and gather a number of war-orphans along the way to meet the required one hundred and eight." She shot a glare at Ladyhawke, who stood on my other side, and said, "Although someone thought that just one hundred should be enough." Looking at the horizon, she continued, stating, "Of course, things have only gotten worse since then..."

Listening to this young unicorn describe the downfall of a civilization of sapient ponies, and staring up at an impossible sky, I reached the only sane conclusion anyone would reach in that situation...

I had to either be dreaming, insane, or stoned out of my fucking mind. Or maybe even a combination of any or all of the three.
------------------------------------------------

The Razorbacks had made it through the snowbanks at last, creating a tunnel wide enough for their comrades to march through. Breathing a sigh of relief, Commander Ironhide raised a trotter and shouted, "All units! Forward march!" His soldiers began their advance, and within three minutes, they had cleared the pass, and could see, once again, the mountain that he was certain was the ponies' goal. Odd looking mountain, though: He'd almost have mistaken the top for some kind of citadel from this distance...

PreviousChapters Next