• Published 17th Apr 2015
  • 29,549 Views, 1,056 Comments

I am God...apparently? - CrossRedstone



Lauren Faust wakes up one day in Equestria and guess what? Celestia and Luna tell her that A: she's the queen and B: they're her daughters. How will she cope? Will she stay or try to find a way back? Oh and she's an alicorn, of course.

  • ...
64
 1,056
 29,549

Mother?!

Author's Note:

Because of the hype, I decided to make a third chapter. Don't expect from me to make another update that fast. I'll be honest, I have more fun working on my other stories.

About this chapter, it'll be the last one that looks into the past. I wanted to conclude it now, so we can go on with the actual story next chapter.

Oh hell, do you guys know how nervous I am? Normally I don't really care THAT MUCH about reactions. You like it, fine with me. You don't like it, fine with me. But this story was on a hype! A freaking hype! Now you got me on a hype.

To my editor, sorry for all the work I'm giving you. NOOOT.
XD, no really I'm sorry.

Celestia sighed, as she put away yet another complaint from the nobles. Once again, it was about one of Luna's decisions. This one was about spending money on renovating orphanages, rather than investing it in some of the nobles' businesses. Those selfish ponies thought just because she was the younger sister, who had also just returned to the throne, they had easy game with her!

Not on Celestia's watch! Her older sister instincts had immediately kicked in when the first noble had tried to trick her into doing something that would hurt her overall image. Luna had a hard time adjusting to modern times as it was and some ponies thought they could make it even harder. The sun goddess shook her head. She had dealt with them "properly" and shouldn't bother herself thinking about them anymore.

She was about to set her attention to the next document, when a scroll appeared in front of her. Celestia smiled. A friendship report would surely lift up her mood. With her magic, she broke the seal and unrolled the paper.

Dear Princess Celestia,

The girls say an alicorn appeared out of nowhere, in the fields near Ponyville. I don't know if it's a prank, but Rainbow looks serious enough to me. Twilight has taken her to the Hospital in Ponyville, because she's unconscious and has a fever. Please come here and see for yourself. If this is a prank, I'm not part of this.

Spike

Celestia stared at the letter for a few seconds. An alicorn appearing out of nowhere? That did sound far fetched, but she knew Twilight. She wouldn't just come up with a story like this. Intrigued, she decided a trip to Ponyville was in order.



A flash briefly lit the front of Ponyville General Hospital. As the few ponies adjusted, they immediately dropped into a bow.

"Rise my little ponies. I am not here for a formal visit. Please go on with your everyday lives." Celestia said. I wish I could just be a normal pony, she said to herself, not for the first time in her long life.Then I wouldn't have to worry about politics, nobles and everything else a princess has to worry about. Except my figure. She giggled to herself. Thank Faust for alicorns never having to worry about that.

The princess bent her head to enter the lobby, and she was instantly the center of attention again. She sighed.

Next time I'll use one of my disguises. she thought.

"Princess!" One of the nurses galloped up to her and bowed, losing her clipboard in the process. Blushing, she picked it up with one of her wings, before addressing the princess in front of her again.

"I...assume you're here for the alicorn, who has been brought in by Twilight Sparkle?" she asked, nervously.

"Yes, that is correct." Celestia nodded. "Though I haven't been informed of much, except that she's in no good condition." The princess gestured with one of her wings, "Lead on."

The two started walking, with the nurse leading the way. She took out her clipboard and lifted up some papers. "Well princess, fortunately we were able to quickly find out what was wrong with her."

"Oh?"

"Yes. She has nothing more than a cold, along with a strong case of magical exhaustion."

"Ah yes. That makes sense. We alicorns normally do not get sick this easily." Celestia explained. It wasn't that common knowledge outside of Canterlot.

"I see. We gave her medications against her sickness and her magic is recovering on an acceptable rate. Unfortunately, we weren't able to talk to her as she is unconcious, and the doctor recommended to not forcefully wake her up. She did wake up twice since we admitted her, but immediately fell back to sleep after half a minute or so."

"Maybe you should give her something, so she stays asleep until she actually recovered?" Celestia suggested.

"We have thought of it as well, but we wanted to make sure she isn't allergic to anything, since we have no medical records of her. This is her room."

Celestia opened the door herself, immediately noting her faithful student Twilight. The other elements weren't there as of yet, but the letter had already indicated as much.

"Princess!" Twilight greeted her cheerfully, bowing respectfully.

Celestia smiled and nuzzled Twilight a little, before glancing over to the bed. Curtains blocked her view of the alicorn. She returned her attention to Twilight and asked, "How exactly did she appear, Twilight?"

"Umm, it started with Pinkie's...."special sense" telling her something was about to fall," Twilight began.

I still don't know what to think of this "Pinkie Sense" and what exactly it is, but it seems pretty accurate from what my faithful student has told me. Celestia mused.

"We looked for anything that might "fall" and found a crystal floating in mid-air with red sparks coming out of it. Rarity and I could already feel a high amount of magic coming out of it, so we all took cover just as the magic intensified to its maximum." Twilight paused, "It then emitted a bright, red light. We looked up and...there she was."

Celestia stored the information in the back of her head. There would be time to ponder on this later, but for now she wanted to see the alicorn for herself. She moved the curtain aside, casting light onto the pony's face. The sun princess instantly froze up, shock written all over her face.

It... can't be...

Twilight looked up to her mentor in concern and slight confusion. "Princess?"

No reaction.

"Do you...know her?" the unicorn asked.

The princess didn't pay any attention to Twilight. Instead, she walked up to the bed and looked down at the pony sleeping on it.

...is she.. real..?

Celestia ignited her horn. She focused on the unknown alicorn, scanning her, searching, for the confirmation that this was who she thought it was.

She stopped.

It is...

A tear ran down her cheek.

"Princess?" Now Twilight was worried. She walked up, but seemed to be having a hard time coming up with anything to say to her mentor.

I should tell her...

Celestia took a deep breath, found her composure, and did her best to hold back her emotions at bay.

"Twilight...I..."-she took in another deep breath-"I...want you to meet... the queen of Equestria."

"Q-q-q-QUEEN?!" Twilight exclaimed.

Celestia couldn't help but chuckle at the lavender mare's exclamation. "Haven't you ever wondered why Luna and I are only princesses?"

"But who is she?!" Twilight asked. "How come nopony has ever heard about her?!"

Celestia looked at the "Queen". "Everything will be explained in due time. As for who she is, well, who do you think she is, if she is the Queen and Luna and I are the princesses?"

It should have been obvious for Twilight from the start, but Celestia could practically watch as the conclusions were drawn, causing her eyes to widen.

"Your MOTHER?!?!!"

Celestia nodded. "Queen Lauren Faust. Rightful ruler of Equestria, and my mother."

"WHAT?!"

Ah, it seems the other elements have finally arrived.

Turning around, Celestia and Twilight found not only the other five element bearers, but also a doctor. Celestia knew she needed to say something fast, before anypony recovered and started bombarding her with questions. Especially the element of Laughter, or Twilight.

"Doctor, if it wouldn't be too much to ask, I would like to take my mother to the castle in Canterlot. I'm sure we'll be able to deal with a simple cold."

The doctor nodded, too stunned to reply properly. "As for the rest of you. I know this is all a little sudden, but you're all invited to come to the castle, as soon as it fits with your schedules of course."

"Oh, can I throw her a 'Welcome back to Equestria' party?" Pinkie asked, jumping up and down in place like a foal's rubber ball.

Celestia chuckled. "Of course, Miss Pie. I'm sure Mother would be delighted. Now, we must depart. Luna will be positively ecstatic. Goodbye, my little ponies."

"Goodbye, princess."

Celestia disappeared, leaving the element bearers with the doctor, who mumbled something about standard discharge procedure.

XIII

Celestia reappeared in a room of the castle, which was always prepared for unexpected guests. She gently placed her mother into bed, and walked outside, where she literally bumped into one of the many servants which inhabited the castle.

"Your Highness." the servant bowed respectfully and was about to go his way, when he was stopped by the princess.

"I need you to fetch the royal physicians. Tell them we have a guest here in this quarters, who has a cold and is suffering from magical exhaustion. She has already been treated, but I want them to make sure nothing else is wrong with her." She glanced back at the door, "Also, I need a pony to wake up my sister and bring her here at once."

"U-understood, your highness." the servant stammered.

Celestia suppressed the urge to sigh at the sudden stuttering of the colt. Unfortunately, most of the castle staff where either scared or in the best cases wary of Luna. It didn't help that she was always grumpy, when somepony woke her up before sunset. Like, really, REALLY grumpy. None the less, this was important. It was worth risking a second Nightmare Moon incident.



The diarch stayed at the side of her mother. Seeing the shocked faces of the physicians was totally worth it already. Especially after she told them, who the alicorn in the bed actually was. It took them longer than usual to finish their examinations. Luckily the doctors from the Ponyville hospital had already done a good job, so all the physicians could do was recommend bed rest.

"Thank you all."

"It is our job, princess." the lead doctor pony. "If I may ask a question, where has your mother been, all those years?"

Celestia didn't give an direct answer. Instead, she said: "I'm sure all of you have questions. I ask you to remain patience, until my sister and me made an official statement."

"What official statement, sister?"

The physicians silently take their leave, upon seeing the princess of the night. Her mane was floating more violently than usual and even worse, the maids failed to gave her a coup of coffee. The sun princess had to act fast, before it was too late.

"What is so important to wake us before nightfall, sister?"

Her sister only smiled and motioned towards the guest room. Luna raised an eyebrow, expecting this to be some kind of jest from her sister. In the end she decided to play along, if only to get back into her comfortable bed faster.

Luna was closely followed by her sister. Walking inside, the younger princess at first didn't notice anything unusual. To her credit, she was about to fall asleep again any second. So it was only natural that it took her a second longer than usual to notice the pony lying in the guest bed.

The night goddess was faster awake, than if you would have injected caffeine directly into her blood system. "This...this is....mother?" Luna whispered. Celestia walked to her side, wrapping a wing around her younger sister. "What's wrong with her? Why is mother in pain, sister?!" The lunar princess broke free from the hug and rushed towards her mother.

"Calm down, Lu-"

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?!" The royal canterlot voice slipped through once again, taking Celestia by surprise.

"Mother is sick! She is burning, Celly! We haven't seen her in more than a millennium. Two, maybe three! And now that we see her, she is- mmmmph!"

The older sister put her hoof into her sister's mouth. A playful smile crossed the sun goddess' face. "She'll be fine, Lulu. The doctors said, she has nothing more than a cold. She is magically exhausted, so naturally she doesn't have her natural resistance at the moment." She took her hoof out again.

Luna turned around and looked at her mother's face for a moment, before speaking up again. "We wish to sleep with her. Nopony shall disturb us, under no circumstances."

The other alicorn smiled at the childish behavior of the dark blue alicorn, but complied. She was actually a little envious. "Of course, sister. I will see to it, that your night guard will take station in front of the doors. Sweet dreams, Lulu." Celestia nuzzled her sister, as the alicorn of the night placed herself next to her mother. The sun princess swore, she could see the face of her mother becoming at ease.