• Published 17th Apr 2015
  • 29,691 Views, 1,056 Comments

I am God...apparently? - CrossRedstone



Lauren Faust wakes up one day in Equestria and guess what? Celestia and Luna tell her that A: she's the queen and B: they're her daughters. How will she cope? Will she stay or try to find a way back? Oh and she's an alicorn, of course.

  • ...
63
 1,056
 29,691

New day, new surprises (for everypony)

Author's Note:

Okay, what's going on? Well, I still need to check my mails, but my editor basically has gone silent. Last time we chatted, he said things were rather busy on his side. He wanted to write a guest chapter, but eventually I needed to say cut and write my own chapter. I'm not mad at him, I know life can be really annoying at times. So, I needed to reschedule some stuff. Originally I wanted to continue another story, but I need to do this next week.

I hope this chapter satisfies your needs. It's not 5000 words and you can wait a long time for that happening again. Enjoy it anyways.

The one thing that really stood out during breakfast was the sheer amount of different colors the ponies had that were either serving Lauren breakfast or guarding the entrance. For convenience sake they only used two to three colors for guards and the such. However the servants showed at least the variety of colors equal to the amount of background ponies in Ponyville. Some of the color combinations were...a bit extreme, mildly said. Like that turquoise maned maid with the completely black fur!

As for the actual eating, it had been a messy business to say the least. Since the alicorn had no idea on how to use magic, she had to eat the traditional way. Luckily the staff had been informed about her current lack of magic ability, so nopony was talking behind her back or something. Though, they probably wouldn’t have dared anyway.

After finishing her breakfast, which was about triple of what Lauren usually ate in the morning, the table was cleaned in a matter of seconds. One of the guards approached the Queen.

“Your highness, if it is okay with you, Princess Celestia now wishes to see you.”

Lauren sighed, muttering something about “highness” and “getting used to”. “Well, no rest for the wicked, as they say. Please, lead the way.”

“At once.” The guard saluted and walked ahead with Lauren following him outside. The hallways were definitely more lively at this point in the day. Mares and stallions were trotting around, most of them carrying scrolls and other paperwork, be it one scroll in their mouth or a stack of papers in their grasp, both magic and non magic. There was even a mailpony, zipping down the hallway, almost running over a few ponies. Of course, the presence of the Queen somewhat slowed down the traffic. Everypony wanted to have a look at the Queen that Equestria apparently always had. The stares made Lauren reasonable uncomfortable. Of course this has happened before in her career, but only at major events, plus the onlookers had all been human. She could hear some of the ponies whispering amongst each other. Her body automatically put her ears against her head, as to shut off the voices. It helped a lot more than one would imagine, even slightly muffling the sounds of hooves clopping on the ground. On the other hand, it was an obvious indicator of her being uncomfortable, something her escort noticed.

Swift Strike, who had been trotting behind the Queen, turned around, glared at the onlookers and cleared his throat not so subtly. The effect was immediate, as many ponies suddenly found the ground very interesting and proceeded with their daily tasks.

“Thank you.” The Queen whispered to the guard. It wouldn’t stop all the stares, as ponies were coming and going, but at least for now she had her peace.

Many, MANY, long hallways later, they finally arrived at their destination, it being a room on the other side of the castle. One of the guards knocked at the door, which was shortly followed by Celestia’s voice telling them to come in. If Lauren had to describe the room in one word: pink. Not as pink as Pinkie Pie mind you, but as as pink as one of the toy castles Hasbro sold to little children, along with the pony puppets. Lauren already had an idea as to who this room belonged to and was surprised she could even see Cadance, despite her coat being a really good camouflage. She and Celestia were sitting in the middle of the room on cushions, with a little tea set being placed on a small table in front of them.

“Your highnesses, Queen Faust, as you requested.” The guard gave his report.

“Thank you, this will be all.” Celestia replied in her normal, motherly way.

The guards all saluted, before going out of the room, leaving the alicorn mares alone. Cadance looked just as nervous as Lauren as to the prospect of meeting a new family member. The first thing of course that went through Lauren’s mind was that she originally planned there to be only one alicorn in the entire series. With Luna she got convinced to create her, with Cadance she had no say in that, as she focused her writing on other shows.

“H-hello.” Cadance’s voice brought Lauren out of her thoughts. After mentally shaking her head, Lauren replied with an equal hello. And then something random came to mind.

“So Celestia, mind telling me who the lucky stallion is?”

The sun princess choked on her tea, almost losing grasp with her magic and Cadance blushed furiously, which Lauren was surprised to actually be able to see, despite the coat color.

“I-i-it’s not like that.” The love Princess stuttered.

Lauren giggled at their antics. Just seeing Celestia almost spitting out her tea had been worth it. Said princess shook her head, a smile adorning her face.

“Mother, I want you to meet Princess Mi Amore Cadenza or Cadance as she prefers it. I suppose you’re surprised about there being yet another alicorn.”

“Not really.” Lauren admitted. She was partially surprised, but in the back of her mind she wondered how she could forget about Cadance. “Not after traveling between worlds and being told you’re an who-knows-how-old leader of a nation of a different species, not to mention according to my memory I’m around my forties.”

There was an awkward silence between the three. From the corner of her eye, Lauren could see Derpy or Muffin as they renamed the mare, because parents were spamming them with e-mails, flying outside the window, waving at her cheerfully.

Celestia made an awkward cough, getting everyponys attention.

“Yes, well, Cadance here, as she prefers to be called, was a pegasus before she ascended into alicornhood.” Celestia explained.

Oh right, that’s why we gave Flurry Heart so huge wings. Damn German Hasbro, already gave away the surprise, by selling the toy earlier than planned.
“I see…” Lauren played along. “It must have been...quite the feat.”

“Oh...it was nothing, really.” Cadance blushed to which Lauren raised an eyebrow.

“I wouldn’t call it nothing ascending into alicornhood. Especially when you have ties to the royalty of the Crystal Empire.”

That took Cadance off guard. “H-how did you know?” She was back to her stuttering.

Lauren hardly suppressed the urge to bite her lip. “Er...your cutie mark was kind of a giveaway. You know, since it resembles the Crystal Hea-urggh!”


“Oh my, it always takes away my breath, visiting this castle.”“Thank you. It is an honor to host you as our guest.”“I simply wish I could visit more often. But you know how it is with politics. There’s hardly a week where I do not want to send the one or other pony to the moon. But then I have to remind myself that they do not have the experience of countless centuries. And not a daughter who would be really upset, if somepony destroyed the beauty of her celestial body.”

“Ah yes, I can imagine. How is little “Woona”, your highness?”“Oh haha, the poor dear can’t wait until her wings are finally big enough to carry her body. Poor dear, Celestia cannot help herself, but tease her sister. In return Luna has drawn some rather...comically pictures of her older sister. Those two are a hoofful.”


“Mother!” Celestia shook her mother, who felt like she had just came off a roller-coaster.

“Urrgh…”

“Are you alright?” Cadance asked, ready to help her great aunt standing, just in case.

“Flashback…I think…? My head hurts.”

“Here, sit down.” Cadance levitated a pillow over to the red maned alicorn, who gladly placed herself on it. Cadance and Celestia placed themselves on each side, the latter having a wing draped over the former human.

“Do you need something to drink?” Celestia asked.

“No, thank you. I think I’m fine now. Minus a minor headache.”

“Do you need to go outside? Maybe catch some fresh air?” Cadance asked.

“No, no, I’m fine, really. I mean.” Lauren said a little annoyed. “I just saw...something.” She shook her head. “I know you’re curious, but can we talk about this later? Just thinking about this hurts.”

“...If you say so.” Celestia said slowly.

There was another pause between the three mares, as to no one really knew how to start a conversation after what just transpired. Eventually, Lauren took the initiative.

“So...Cadance tell me. How did you become an alicorn in the first place?”

Cadance’s ears flattened against her head. “I...don’t really like talking about it.”

“I see.” Of course Lauren knew the official story. They just never bothered to really show it as of yet. From what she heard, the writers were still debating about making a flashback episode about it or just leave it be. Personally she thought of it as a "no brainer". There were dozens of ways of how to make a good moral of Cadance reversing the spell of Prismia.

“Well then...oh gosh, this is awkward. I haven’t even properly introduced myself, have I?”

“Not really.” Cadance giggled.

“Well then, my name is Lauren Faust, I am the apparent Queen of Equestria and prior to this, I made my life by writing children stories.” Lauren said with a smile.

“Which reminds me, mother” Celestia spoke up “you have yet to tell any of us about this...other world. It seems your memory of this is still 100% intact.”

Lauren nodded. Telling them about Earth? Well, she couldn’t see the harm, as long as she was careful with what she disclosed. Then a really, REALLY, stupid thought came to her mind.

“I know this is sort of out of the blue, but was I married prior to my...absence?” Lauren asked.

Celestia’s eyes widened. “No.” she said slowly.

“Wait, so you and aunt Luna…” Cadance began.

“Uhh, let’s say we weren’t born under normal circumstances.” The princess said just as slowly.

“I think I won’t ask. ANYWAYS” Lauren said very loudly “I’m actually kinda glad. It would have been awkward to explain this to my husband.”

This time Celestia DID spit out her tea.