• Published 11th Nov 2011
  • 3,154 Views, 14 Comments

Call of Cutie: Zombie Ponies - Argumedies



What do you do when the fate of the world rests in your claws (A Nightmare Night Short story)

  • ...
2
 14
 3,154

Ascension of the Five

Ascension of the Five

A crackle of magic and a light flickered across the trees as Rarity and Spike popped into the apple grove, a bit frazzled but none the worse for wear.

Rarity huffed "I don't think I can do that again. Oh would you look at this!" she said irritated. "It's going to take me a week to get all these knots out of my mane."

"I think we've got bigger things to worry about." Spike said as he looked around getting his bearings.

"Oh please," she griped. "Just because we're in a crisis, doesn't mean we can't look our best; now, where are we?"

"I think we're on the back side of Applejack’s farm," he said, "But more importantly; what do we do now? I think we should find a way to get the power back on. There's a station behind Pinky Pies place next to the water tower. If we can get to that and throw the breakers at least we'll be able to see them. I should also send a message off to the Princess. Maybe she can help."

"Can you do that? You don't have any of your scrolls." Rarity said as she stood up and looked around trying to see if any of the Zombie Ponies had followed them.

"I can improvise by using some bark from this tree and scratching a message with my claw." Spike quickly scribbled his note and burned it with his breath. Moments later he burped a reply.

"Spike, this is Princess Luna. I understand your situation, but neither of us can help as long as the eclipse remains. There could be a hundred and fifteen different elements that could have been in that meteor but what it is, I do not know. Nor do I know how to stop it. Princess Celestia won't be around until daylight, but until then you'll be on your own."

"Great," Spike sighed then paused as the bushes began to move in front of them. "Rarity, I think they found us!"

"Get Um!" someone cried as three figures exploded out of the darkness from behind the bushes.

Spike gurgled and fell to the ground as he was hit with a squirt of water in the face.

"Hold!" one of them shouted. "They're not zombies!"

"Sweetie Bell, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo! Girls; What are you doing here?" shouted Rarity.

"Oh sister, I'm so happy to see you!" cried Sweetie Bell as she ran over and gave Rarity a hug.

"Were out doing what we do best... Drowning zombies!" Scootaloo grinned.

"See we found out that water effects them." Apple Bloom reminisced. "We were spending the night at the tree house watching the meteor shower..."

"...Only some pony wanted to start a water fight," added Sweetie Bell staring straight at Scootaloo, who was prancing around with satisfaction.

"When we heard the explosion," Apple Bloom continued, "we ran into town and that's when we dun run in those Zombie Ponies. They chased us into the river, and that's where we found out that water seems to stop them."

"Now I get it." Spike said." That's why we were not affected Rarity. We were in the water!"

"We were on our way back to the tree house when we ran into you," said Sweetie Bell.

"I'm just so glad you're safe darling," replied Rarity as she gave her little sister another hug.

"Well I've got enough squirt pistols in my wagon for everyone," said Scootaloo.

"If waters the key, then we need lots of it, and I think I know where to get plenty, and that means that we need to go to Pinkie Pie's place," said Spike pounding one paw into the other.

"What do you need at Pinkie's place," said Rarity. "Except a miracle."

"Balloons... Lots of balloons!" A slight breeze wafted through the trees, and Spike paused again at the sounds of snapping twigs and leaves. "Um, Rarity can you cast a light spell?"

"Why Sure! Oh heavens, why didn't I think of that before?"

As the light of her horn brightened the area, they all gasped as Applejack and the entire Apple family filled the field.

"Sister!" shouted Apple Bloom looking straight at Applejack.

"Oh no!" shouted Rarity.

"We're completely surrounded!" cried Sweetie Bell.

"We're completely... EEK!" screamed Apple Bloom as she squirted one of them. "Sorry cousin."

"Are you girls kidding me; I've been praying for this day!" shouted Scootaloo as she drowned two zombies with a squirt gun in each hoof "Come on, Bring it!"

"Well then, let's get to work!" Spike shouted as he grabbed a water gun from the wagon."Rarity, run! Get to Pinkies; we’ll hold them off!" he ordered.

Rarity made a break for it as the others climbed into the wagon. "Oh!" she screamed "This has become a real nightmare!"

"It's party time, shouted Scootaloo as she sprayed another zombie and quickly got on her scooter then took off as fast as she could down the road with the Zombie Ponies hot on her tail.

"Go... Go... GO!" Spike shouted sending off another volley of water.

"We're almost out of ammo! AAHHH!!" screamed Apple Bloom just as Applejack bust through the trees next to the wagon. Spike placed his body in front of the girls to protect them. "Faster Scootaloo! Must go faster... Must go Faster..." his anxiety building as Applejack howled a zombie cry next to them.

Scootaloo gritted her teeth and gave it everything she had, but she was quickly running out of steam. But thankfully, Rarity turned her head and saw that Applejack just about had them and used her magic and cut a branch from an overhead tree limb and dropping it into AJ's face, stopping her in her tracks and allowing them to escape.

After a quick stop at the creek to refill their water supply, they made their way into Ponyville. Quickly, and covertly they made their way across town."Okay, I think I have a plan." Spike said."First we'll go over there and turn on the power. Once we're inside Pinkies place, everyone start filling balloons. We'll make our stand there, and if we're lucky, Princess Celestia will be able to fix this at dawn, but we'll have to hold the line until then."

They made it to the power station and not a zombie pony in sight. That of course, made Spike even more nervous than before. "I know they're out there, all around us, waiting for us," he said calmly as he reached for the controls but stopped and looked back at Rarity and the girls. "You know if I throw this switch, they'll know where we are, and they'll be coming for us."

Rarity looked at him. "You know we have to do this Spike. But we'll be more vulnerable without it. I... We trust you Spike."

Spike gritted his teeth and flipped the switch. With a buzz and a hum Ponyville came back to life, at least, parts of it. "Now all we have to do is make it back to Pinkies place," he said. Already they could hear the screams of the zombie ponies filling the air. "Here comes the next wave... Let's go!

Many zombies got drenched as they finally made it to the front door of Pinkie Pie's home and quickly blockaded it. Single file they snuck into the house and Spike held his water gun at the ready as they quietly crept their way across the room and down the hall. When they got to the last room Spike was satisfied that the place was empty. "All right, the coast is clear. Use whatever you can find and start blocking all the entrances."

It didn't take long to get ready. Pinkies place was always decorated with balloons and other party favors, so there was a large supply of things and other furnishings available. They filled and stocked as many water balloons as they could find then piled them up in Pinkie's bedroom upstairs. They blocked all the windows and even the stairs as they made their final preparations to stand their ground.

They were just about ready when a sinister laughter filled the air. It seemed to come from everywhere as if embedded in all four walls of the room. "Having fun?" the voice said.

Rarity and the girls screamed and huddled in a pile next to the water balloons.

"Pinkie Pie? Is... Is that you?" Spike gulped.

"Let's play a game. It's called Hide and Seek!" The voice laughed again.

Cracking sounds came from downstairs as the zombie ponies started breaking in."Here they come!" shouted Rarity.

Spike knew his little water pistol wasn't going to be enough this time. He didn't know what to do until he spied Pinkie Pie's toy box, and he ran over and started going through its contents. "Teddy Bear, Monkey.... Waffles? Wonder why she has waffles in here?"

"Wonder about waffles later, they're almost here!" Rarity shouted at him.

"Wow! Even Pinkie Pie's toy box is random," he said digging deeper. "AH HA! There we go! Shot Blaster Turbo! This ought to pack a punch!" Spike smiled.

Spike started to close the door of the box something jumped out of it with a hiss! It landed on his face, and he tried really hard to get it off, but it bit down on his snout and wasn't about to let go. It was Pinky's little pet alligator, and even he too was turned into one of them.

Spike's face got drenched with water as the balloon broke on his head, and the little alligator let go and convulsed on the floor. Rarity then picked him up with her magic and threw him out one of the windows.

Spike was never happier to be hit with a water balloon, especially since it came from her. "Thank you Rarity!"

"Actually," she said... "That was Apple Bloom that threw that."

Apple Bloom smiled at him as he walked over to her. Spike then knelt in front of her and held her hoof. "Thank you my lady." Spike said and kissed her hoof as Apple Bloom blushed and turned her head away smiling. But the hidden voice came back only angrier than before.

"Why are you so cruel to Mister Gummy, Mister Gummy just wanted to play!"

The voice went away as the whole building started to shake.

"Earthquake!" shouted Sweetie Bell. They all gathered behind the barrier as the main door to the bedroom started cracking.

"No," shouted Scootaloo jumping up on the barricade. "Zombie Ponies... Prepare Cutie Mark Crusaders! This is where we hold them! This is where we fight! This is where they..."

"Oh give it a rest Scootaloo," said Apple Bloom.

"Ok ladies, Lock and load, full water jacket!" Spike said walking to the front of the line pumping up his blaster. As the door broke open Spike saw her. It was Twilight. "I'm sorry Twilight, but I have to do this," he said as he pulled the trigger and a huge splash of water hit her in the face. Twilight screamed and fell back through the door.

"FIRE!" he ordered.