• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 712 Views, 5 Comments

Inhuman: Ruby Arc - SparkStone



Vent is ditched in Equestria along with his past out to get him and a sudden explosion of events that triggered fro his arrival. The question is if he can turn his life around or will he bring everything down to shambles.

  • ...
6
 5
 712

Chapter 3 - The Worst


-3rd POV-


Vent got out of bed, groggily. He got up and went to the bathroom. Combing his light brown hair, he looks at the mirror. Ruby red eyes gaze back at him before he leaves. Going back into the room, he wears his red headphones and his jacket, damaged from the fight a while ago. As he goes downstairs, he is greeted by stares of the apple family. He sits down as Applejack came out with pancakes.

"Foods on!" she called out.

Vent stared at the plate before him. He raised an eyebrow at Applejack as he retorts. "I've already eaten pancakes for breakfast yesterday you know. Is this the only thing ponies eat for breakfast?"

"You missed yesterday's toast and eggs." Applejack replied.

"Back in my day, younglings appreciated the food on their plate!" Granny Smith told Vent.

"I wouldn't know. I can't remember anything." Vent shot back.

"Even so Vent, you gotta learn to accept the way things are. Get used to it, you know?" Applejack stated.

"Getting used to something is accepting that life can't be better. You gotta learn to live your way. Do what you want, when you want."

Vent's expression then became more calm. His usual somewhat annoyed expression then became more, enlightening. Applebloom was liking the idea Vent gave out.

"Cool! Do what you want, when you want huh?" She repeated the words. "Hey Applejack! I'm going to play with Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo."

"After you do your chores."

"I'm going now, because I want to now!" She said before scampering off.

"HEY!" Applejack yelled as she raised a hoof at her to come back. But she didn't listen. The orange mare sighed before eyeing Vent. "You're not a good influence on her."

"She chose to listen."

"Vent, you gotta be more careful on how you act." Applejack lectured. "If that alicorn proves you right about being a destroyer of society, every pony will look badly at you."

"I don't care what everyone thinks." Vent claimed. "Just because people have something they want to say, doesn't mean anything to me."

"Now Vent. If you keep saying that, you'll never make friends." Applejack pointed out. Before Vent could respond to that comment, she continues. "You have to meet others sometime. Like Twilight, if you keep everything to yourself, you'll stay cooped up in one place. It won't matter if you traveled alone all your life, there's no point of seeing and knowing great things without some pony to tell it to."

Vent held his chin at that and thought about it.

There's no point in anything great if there's no one to tell it to…?


-Vent's POV-


I walked down the road with the list of things Applejack asked me to buy. She not only gave me the money to buy it, but the payment for yesterdays job. I looked for the shops on the list that'll lead me to the desired items. As I passed through, they all stared at me. I did expect this, seeing how I'm the only human here.

There was no time to think about them.

I just wanted to do my job. To the first shop, I was going to a hardware store. They needed more wood and bolts to repair some open parts in the buildings. The second I went in, they all stared. The clerk cowered behind the table as I approached it.

"I need to pick up an order for Applejack." I informed him.

"Huh?" He said while peeking from his desk. "You're not… Applejack."

"I'm aware that I'm not an orange mare addicted to apples." I retorted. "I'm just here to pick it up and deliver. I have the money right here."

"Well, if Applejack trusts you, then I guess you must be… okay…"

Going to the back to get the parts, I thought about what he said. How if Applejack trusted me, that I was okay. I began to wonder, Am I okay? I have yet to recall who I am. The alicorn Applejack called it, said I was a darkling. What did that mean though? That I was going to destroy the way of life? Stomp out culture? What do I have to care about?

I don't even care about that stuff. They can keep their values. I got my own…

What were they though…?

"Here you are sir." The clerk told me as he placed the wood on the ground along with a box of nails and bolts. "If you want, I can help deliver this to Applejack's. It's a long walk."

"I'm fine." I assured him before paying him and carrying it out. Carefully walking out the door, I head to the next place. Next, I had to go pick up some groceries. Lots of vegetables and spices were listed. Going to the market, everyone stared at me who was now carrying wood around.

I then find myself thinking that I should have bought the parts later.

Walking up to each stand, asking for the following, they either tried their best to remain calm and get me what I asked for. Others fainted our hid out of fear. As much as I wouldn't care, it was annoying to wait so long to get what I wanted.

Finally, after some buying, some taking and leaving the money, and lots of stares, I'm now sitting on the planks of wood, taking a break. As I did, I find three fillies coming towards me. Surprisingly, they were braver than their adult variants.

"Hi Vent!" Applebloom greeted.

"Mm…" I responded.

"So this is the human who stayed at your house Applebloom?" the white unicorn filly wondered.

"He's really tall…" The orange one commented.

"But he's really cool!" Applebloom stated. "Hey Vent! These are my friends!"

"That's… nice I guess?" I shrugged.

"I'm Sweetiebelle." She introduced herself.

"And I'm Scootaloo." she said as well.

"You have weird names." I told them with my arms crossing. They dropped their jaws while laughing was heard from afar.

"Oh ho! That's a good one!" A somewhat pink unicorn filly with a mix of violet and white mane on her head laughed. She was walking along with what seems to be a grayish looking unicorn filly with a white mane and blue glasses. Entering the conversation, the three sneered at them.

"Diamond Tiara!"

"Hello blank flanks." She greeted them. "I see you met a new monkey and tried to get him to join your little crusade."

Crusade? Religious persecutors? They have a religion here? I didn't see any churches though…

"We were talking to our new friend Diamond Tiara!" Applebloom stated.

"Yes, you're friend is very honest like your sister it seems." She chuckled. "You're names are weird after all."

"It's not like Diamond Tiara is any better." I stated while holding the back of my head, looking to the sky. The two fillies who were enjoying what I said earlier were now insulted. That's when the sidekick of hers jumped in.

"Hey! You can't talk to her like that!"

"You tell him Silver Spoon!" Diamond Tiara cheered.

"Silver Spoon!? That's even worst!" I grunted at this fact. The filly was shocked and retreated behind her friend. The two glared at me before spewing whatever rude thoughts could come to mind.

"Yeah! Well, Vent isn't a good name for some… monkey!" The Tiara one retorted.

"Mm hmm. Okay." I shrugged with my arms crossed.

"Hey! You take that back!" Applebloom yelled. Why is she the one who's angry?

"Make me!" The others challenged.

Then they fought. As amusing as it was, it bothered me from taking my break. I wanted to sleep, but I now found myself listening to poor punches and yelping noises. Deciding to break it off for my own sanity, I pushed the two sides away.

"Knock it off. You're causing a ruckus." I complained.

"But she's the one who started it!" Scootaloo pointed out.

"Nu uh! The monkey's the one who started it!" The Tiara filly stated.

"I don't care. I want to sleep before I bring this stuff to Applejack. Just go away and let me rest."

The three fillies eventually complied, but they didn't leave until the other two did. Diamond Tiara had an annoying idea as she circled me along with her friend and began making noises.

"Well, if you REALLY want to sleep, you should just go home!" She pointed out loudly.

"YEAH! Instead of sleeping OUTSIDE like some HOBO!" The sidekick added loudly as well.

"Go away." Applebloom demanded quietly. "He just wants you to leave him alone."

"I'm not taking orders from some MONKEY! He's not the boss of me! In fact, he's a pet if anything." Tiara stated.

They were annoying. Not their comments, but how loud they were. Even with my headphones, the kids were ranting on and on. Finally, I snapped. I grabbed the Tiara girl and threw her at a tree.

"SHUT UP!!"

Landing on the tree next to some cat, the filly then looked down and saw how high up she was. Fearing heights apparently, she then screamed at us.

"You jerk! Get me down this instant!"

"Ugh, she's even louder." I groaned before picking up the stuff. "Screw this, I'm getting the stuff to the farm so I can get some sleep."

As I started to leave, the Tiara filly panicked. "H-Hey! Wait! Get back here! You can't leave me up here! Silver Spoon! Stop him!"

The sidekick hesitated and just stared. I gave a quick glance back at her and said, "I'm not responsible for you."


-Applejack's POV-


I was finishing up with chores, especially Applebloom's, who is going to be grounded for what she pulled. After doing so, I turned to see Vent returning with everything I asked for. He placed it carefully in front of the house and placed his headphones on his head.

"Done. Is that it?"

"Not yet partner." I told him before giving him a couple of bits. "There, now we're done."

"You don't have to reward me for every little task I do." He stated.

"Maybe so." I chuckled before nudging him lightly on his shoulder. "But you earned it. Helping out means a lot."

Vent blushed a bit and said, "You can do this yourself. Me doing it made no difference besides giving you some extra free time."

"Speaking of free time, you open tomorrow?" I asked. "I was hoping if you'd come to something with me. I sorta need some pony to bring along."

"Just ask your friends." He crossed his arms, refusing my request.

"They're going too. They're bringing other ponies. I need to bring as many ponies along as well. Especially you."

"Why?" He questioned.

"Because you're part of our town now." I smirked at him. "And if they ask for every pony, then I'll bring every pony. No pony left behind!"

"Ugh, the way you talk…" He said in disgust. "Why do you keep saying every pony? If you're bringing every pony, then don't ask me."

I raised an eyebrow and said, "You do know that every pony refers to not just ponies, but to griffons, minotaurs, and yes, humans like you, right?"

"Then why don't you just say everybody?"

"Everybody?"

"That's how my world says it." He claimed.

"So that's how you refer to every pony? How interesting."

He groaned and said, "Never mind."

Sitting on the planks of wood he brought, he took a break. It wasn't long though because up ahead were a crowd of ponies. Most of them seemed angry. After crossing the entrance, they all shouted at Vent.

"There it is!"

"The freak that came here!"

"Hurting little fillies!"

"Whoa! Whoa!" I said aloud. "What's going on?"

"That freak of nature was bullying Diamond Tiara!" Filthy Rich claimed as he held his daughter close.

"That's him! That's the one who threw me to a tree!" She squealed.

"And you're still yapping on. Why can't you just leave me alone?" Vent huffed with calm composure.

"Vent! Did you really throw a filly to a tree!?" I questioned.

"She wouldn't stop bothering me. I gave her enough warning."

"That doesn't mean you should throw me!" She pointed out.

"Yeah! Don't you have any control over yourself!?"

"You monster!"

"You freak!"

They kept shouting names at Vent. He only stared at them for a while, ranting on and on. It was when things took a turn for the worse. He pulled out his sword and cut the ground. A slash mark intimidates every pony to go into silence. Once he had the chance, he spoke.

"Listen… I understand none of you know about humans." He spoke. "And that you see me as an animal. Well, if that's the case, you should see that I'm aggressive. Would you poke and annoy a bear and expect to get off scot free? I'm the kind of guy who will do what he wants when he wants. If you got a problem with that, then come up and speak now."

Sheathing his sword, he threw it behind him, letting it stab deep into the ground to allow it to stand. He stood there, waiting for a challenger. I was shocked as the ponies were backing up in fear. It was all the alicorn was referring to. The destroyer. I became hesitant, and started to fear him too.

Maybe he wasn't a good guy after all…

Every pony started to back away further and further. It wasn't long before they completely gave up. Filthy Rich stood their however. He stayed and eyed at Vent the longest. The two stared off until Filthy Rich spoke to him.

"Don't you have any pony you care about?"

"No, I don't." He answered.

"No wonder you don't understand what you did wrong." He sighed before looking pitifully at Vent. "You don't know what it means to have some pony you want by your side. How lonely you must be."

"Lonely?" He scoffed. "Why would I need anyone? They just slow me down."

"You wouldn't think that if you'd try." He stated. "Diamond Tiara is my daughter, and therefore, I will do anything to make sure she's safe."

"How wasted your efforts are." Vent shot back.

"What was that!?"

"Your daughter was bold enough to throw away her life just to insult me. Going out of her way just to belittle others like a leech she is. If she was truly worth protecting, then she would have made sure she didn't cause trouble for anyone, especially her father who went out of his way to protect her!"

The filly stared blankly at Vent, recording each word. Filthy Rich gritted his teeth, but couldn't speak. Vent stared at them and said, "I have to admire you old man. You have a lot of nerve to stay just to talk to the so called freak like me, but your daughter can't seem to do anything without some sidekick by her side. That's why I don't like others. I know that I'll meet someone like her. An annoying bug just to use you, and then throw them away. Am I not right? Where's your so called friend, Silver Spoon?"

Diamond Tiara stepped back with tears in her eyes. She turned and ran away. Filthy Rich gasped and went after her. It was then I understood what Vent has been denying. It was those like her. Some pony you couldn't count on. Some pony who was just there, but never there to give a hoof. This was what he was struggling with.

"Vent…" I muttered.

"I'm tired." He said quickly. "I'm going to sleep."

He went inside and did as he said. It was that night, every pony now feared Vent.

Author's Note:

The next chapter will take Vent's ego down a peg, don't worry.