• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 8,546 Views, 132 Comments

Scootaloo's Homework - Wanderer D



Never let this filly have free rein on the topic of her homework.

  • ...
15
 132
 8,546

Chapter 1: Cheerilee's Mistake

Scootaloo's Homework

By Wanderer D

Chapter 1: Cheerilee's Mistake

The fillies and colts of Ponyville chatted animatedly as they returned from their lunch break into the classroom, where their beloved teacher awaited.

Once they had settled back into their seats, she tapped her hoof on her desk, drawing their attention to her.

"Welcome back, everypony!" she called out cheerfully. "Before we continue with our usual schedule, I thought of something interesting while eating lunch!"

More than one colt and filly shifted uneasily in their seats. Cheerilee's random ideas usually ended up in additional homework.

"Uh, what was that idea, Miss Cheerilee?" Apple Bloom asked, raising a hoof.

"Simple!" Cheerilee giggled. "I was going to let all of you write an essay on a subject of my choosing for homework!" she started, eliciting a groan from her students. "Now, now, let me finish! You still have to work on the essay, but instead of me telling you what you have to write it on, how about I let each of you decide what to write it on?"

There was a moment of shocked silence.


"How about you just tell us?" Sweetie Belle asked, seconded by several groans of support from other students.

"You mean..." Cheerilee tilted her head. "That you want me to think about it while you put just enough effort on a topic of my choosing to earn a passing grade while I have to pore over thirty-six essays of the exact same information?"

The class pondered for a moment before the general consensus that yes, that's quite exactly what they would very much prefer was made known to Cheerilee in the form of eagerly nodding heads.

"Well that's not going to happen!" Cheerilee replied, smile firmly in place. "You'll have to think about a topic, research it and write about it." She nodded. "And make it different. Think about it now, and by the end of the day I expect all of you to have come with a topic. I will give you a list for you write in what you chose." She paused, tapping her chin in thought. "And think more than one, just in case somepony else already chose the topic you wanted."

The collective groan from the class didn't take away any of her cheer.

"Okay class! Here's the list!" Cheerilee declared, giving the sheet to Diamond Tiara. "Write down your topic next to your name! You have a week to do your research and submit it!"

Diamond Tiara cast a quick glance around the room before leaning over to whisper to Silver Spoon. "Hey, Spoon."

Silver Spoon nervously leaned toward her friend. "Yes?"

"I want you to choose apples for a topic."

Silver Spoon blinked. "What?"

"Choose apples. I'm going to write down Rainbow Dash."

It took only a moment for Silver Spoon to catch on to what Diamond Tiara was thinking. "Are you sure you want to do this? Rainbow Dash is... well... Rainbow Dash."

Diamond Tiara rolled her eyes. "She's the weather pony. What challenge could she possibly be?"

"But—"

"Just do it!" Diamond Tiara hissed.

"Okay..." Silver Spoon shrugged, leaning away from her friend. She could think of worse topics, and the Apple family history was actually kind of interesting. As soon as Diamond Tiara passed her the list, she wrote her selected topic next her name before passing the paper over to the pony next to her.

Scootaloo leaned back on her seat, a confident smirk on her face as she awaited the page to be passed on to her. She already knew the subject of her essay. It could only be the most awesome, amazing, astounding, intrepidus, perfect pony of all: Rainbow 'Danger' Dash.

As such, she barely glanced at the list when it was presented to her and was about to start writing her favorite pony's name, when she caught sight of it at the very top of the list.

"WHAT?!"

Cheerilee looked up from her desk, smile in place. "Is there a problem, Scootaloo?"

"Yes! Somepony... actually, Diamond Tiara chose to write about Rainbow Dash!"

Cheerilee tilted her head and blinked twice. "And what's wrong with that?"

"Yeah," Diamond Tiara teased. "It's not like you own her, right?"

"Well no, but—"

"Scootaloo," Cheerilee chided, smile growing slightly, "we all know the rules. If somepony else chooses your topic, you should use the second one you thought about."

Scootaloo gritted her teeth and glared at the page and the blank space next to her name. "Grah!" she snarled, scribbling her frustration into it. She didn't care if Cheerilee was upset by what she was writing. She didn't care if she got in trouble at all.

Snails — Parallel Trajectories of Heavenly Bodies Snips


Scootaloo — Luna, Celestia, Discord, Sombra and Chrysalis dammit!


Sweetie Belle —


Apple Bloom —

Disgusted, she tossed the list to Sweetie Belle, who promptly wrote something on it before passing it to Apple Bloom, who—after taking a look at the list—shot Silver Spoon an incredulous look before frowning and writing something next to her name.

"And that's it!" Cheerilee said excitedly, snatching the paper from Apple Bloom's desk the moment the filly had stopped writing. She looked over the list. "This looks perfect! I look forward to seeing the fruit of your efforts! And remember that you have to really do research or you will fail!"

"Wait," Scootaloo said, standing up, alarmed. "You don't object to what I wrote?"

Cheerilee blinked and looked at the list for a moment before looking up. "Nope! It seems you're very excited about it! It does seem ambitious, but your wording indicates that you are committed to this! I'm very proud of you, Scootaloo!"

"But!"

At that moment the bell rang and all the students rushed out of the room, leaving behind a gaping Scootaloo and a smiling Cheerilee.

"B-but..."

"Now, get to writing it," Cheerilee giggled, before bumping Scootaloo's shoulder. "Dammit!"

"Well, it seems we have a lot of work to do," Apple Bloom sighed. "What are y'all workin' on?"

"Ooh!" Sweetie oohed. "Mine is on Musical Theatre!" She turned to grin at Scootaloo. "Guess what Apple Bloom's is on?"

"Apples?"

"Ah do not only think about apples!" Apple Bloom protested.

"Somepony took it, didn't they?"

Apple Bloom looked away and muttered.

"What was that?"

"Yes."

"Aw," Sweetie hugged her friend. "It's not that bad!"

"Ah just don't get it!" Apple Bloom huffed. "Why would Silver Spoon want to write about apples of all things?"

Scootaloo snorted. "For the same reason Diamond Tiara decided to write about Rainbow Dash, I bet."

"Well, it don't matter anyway," Apple Bloom shrugged. "Ah'm gonna write about jewel-crafting!"

Scootaloo blinked. "Say what?"

"Jewel crafting!" Apple Bloom repeated. "Ah got the idea from Silver Spoon wantin' to find out about apples. Why, if she can learn somethin' about me, Ah can learn somethin' about her!"

Scootaloo frowned. "I guess I could have written about Filthy Rich..." she considered that for a moment. "Then again, I have too much self-respect."

"So, what is your essay about?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Scootaloo paled. "Oh. Oooh damn. I'm done for..."

"What? Why?"

"I... wrote down Celestia, Luna, Discord, Sombra and Chrysalis."

The two fillies blinked. "Wait, so you have to write papers on all of them?!"

Scootaloo slumped. "I guess I do."

"But... Sombra is gone, Chrysalis is..." Apple Bloom looked at Sweetie Belle.

"I'm sure something can be arranged," Sweetie Belle said.

"...okay..." Apple Bloom continued. "Discord is, well, Discord. And the Princesses? They're busy! Are y'all going to be doin' all the research in the library?"

"Eww!" Scootaloo cringed. "No way I'm doing that! I'm a hooves-on filly! I'll look into it myself!"

"Well, Twilight is a princess and knows the other two..." Sweetie Belle ventured.

"Nah, I'll just talk to Luna tonight," Scootaloo shrugged. "I'm sure she can help me with Celestia."

The other two fillies nodded.

"Hey, don't you find it odd that fillies our age are so well connected with beings of ultimate power?" Apple Bloom wondered.

The three pondered the thought.

"Nah."

"Well girls," Scootaloo sighed. "I'm off, I need to figure out a way to resurrect King Sombra... and that means the library."

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle watched Scootaloo ride away in silence.

"This is not going to end well, is it?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Apple Bloom shook her head. "Eeenope."

Comments ( 132 )

Resurrecting Sombra? Of course That's a good thing! He can adopt you! Because you HAVE to be an orphan because that's all anypony can think of, apparently! Okay, just kidding. Seriously... Cheerilee, what were you THINKING?! Now I have to get a new seat-belt, as well as buy some popcorn and soda! I don't have money for this stuff! How dare you do something that will end up being entertaining! :twilightangry2:

(Plot twist: he really IS her biological father! :pinkiegasp: Or something.)

This is going to end in God-Empress Scootaloo, isn't it? I look forward to finding out.

This idea… I like it. And it sure escalated quickly! Now we wait to see what Diamond Tiara's plot brings about. And darn it if I don't suddenly want to see AppleSpoon. Silver Apple?

This can only end well

5717270 Uh, less biological father and more illegitimate ancestor, if you want to go down that path. Don't forget that Scootaloo could be anywhere from 8 to 13, and Sombra came back from being sealed and died long after she was born. Though he could have sired one of Scootaloo's many-times great grandmother/father with one of his slaves 1000 years ago.

Scoots is gonna track down all the villains and ancients? Let's fucking go.
i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/412/847/dbb.png

Loathe,
Your Antagonist

I always knew that Scootaloo was the evil one of the group.

Oh this is gonna be good...

Way I see it, this can only end well. Also, am I right in guessing this is part of the same continuity as the Three Sisters?

"Hey, don't you find it odd that fillies our age are so well connected with beings of ultimate power?" Applebloom wondered.

The three pondered the thought.

"Nah."

Just about died here, by the way.

This is gonna be GOOD! :pinkiecrazy:

Hahahahaha!!! Yeah, this is gonna turn out badly. Awesome, but bad. Haha. :scootangel:

Scootaloo — Luna, Celestia, Discord, Sombra and Chrysalis dammit!

Ahahahahahahhaha.

"Wait," Scootaloo said, standing up, alarmed. "You don't object to what I wrote?"
Cheerilee blinked and looked at the list for a moment before looking up. "Nope! It seems you're very excited about it! It does seem ambitious, but your wording indicates that you are committed to this! I'm very proud of you, Scootaloo!"

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

"But... Sombra is gone, Chrysalis is..." Applebloom looked at Sweetie Belle.
"I'm sure something can be arranged," Sweetie Belle said.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!! ((Scene 0:12 Thunderbolt laugh))

Now you've done it, Scoots! :raritydespair:

I can't wait to see how this ends.

Wanderer D, awesome story you have here.

That comment about having connections with all mighty powerful gods. Loved it.

Whelp. I don't see how anything could possibly go wrong. Have at it young chicken born!

This will be interesting :rainbowlaugh:

Well this is fucking glorious. :twilightoops:

Bonus points if the ending has Cheerilee marking down Scootaloo for not discussing damnation in her essay (or, given the spelling, restrictive hydraulic structures)

5717312
My vote is for BloomSpoon.

"I want you to choose apples for a topic."

What ? But whatever shall Applebloom do ? :applecry:
She cannot do anything that doesn't involve apples ! (so as her sister for that matter)
Diamond, you devil you ! What will you do next ?

"Choose apples. I'm going to write down Rainbow Dash."

... Mother of God !
new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Quot+hi+son+i+m+grounded+quot+_6512e9ae46b757145d2875600bbd2933.gif

i forgot what i was going to type here.

:applecry: Jewelry craft. . .necklaces a history of. . .B+
:scootangel: Demigods & tyrants. . . Discord Sombra VS Celestria Luna a tag team death match C-
:unsuresweetie: Musical Theatre . . A Dragons song in a bedroom theatre venue :twilightoops: Wut?:raritystarry:Oh my!:moustache:cool XXX F
SEE ME AFTER CLASS

:rainbowlaugh: musical love scales ! :facehoof:

:derpytongue2: Sorry my bad

"Hey, don't you find it odd that fillies our age are so well connected with beings of ultimate power?" Applebloom wondered.
The three pondered the thought.
"Nah."

AND LO BEHOLD SCOOTALOO EVOLVES INTO A SHAMAN CAPABLE OF SUMMONING THOSE!

Oh...oh my, this is gonna be good!

This going to be fun to read can't wait for next chapter.

I'm kinda disappointed that she didn't put down Tirek. I could see her going to the Gates of Tartarus, taming Cerberus, then just walking up to Tirek and 'interrogating' him for the day.

That's what I call a field trip anyway. :ajsmug:

while I have to pour over thirty six

pore over
thirty-six

Also, I feel for Cheerilee...and English/history/composition/civics/social studies teachers in general. Grading essays has to be hell...

"Hey, Spoon."

Silver Spoon nervously leaned toward her friend. "Yes?"

"I want you to choose apples for a topic."

Silver Spoon blinked. "What?"

"Choose apples. I'm going to write down Rainbow Dash."

:facehoof: There's being a bully, and then there's just being a bitch...

"Are you sure you want to do this? Rainbow Dash is... well... Rainbow Dash."

Diamond Tiara rolled her eyes. "She's the weather pony. What challenge could she possibly be?"

Ignorant filly is ignorant.

"Yes! Somepony... actually, Diamond Tiara chose to write about Rainbow Dash!"

Cheerilee tilted her head and blinked twice. "And what's wrong with that?"

"Yeah," Diamond Tiara teased. "It's not like you own her, right?"

"Of COURSE I own Rainbow Dash! I peed on her and everything!"

Snails — Parallel Trajectories of Heavenly Bodies Snips

Not sure if lazy or gay...

Scootaloo — Luna, Celestia, Discord, Sombra and Chrysalis dammit!

...

Welp.

"Hey, don't you find it odd that fillies our age are so well connected with beings of ultimate power?" Applebloom wondered.

The three pondered the thought.

"Nah."

:rainbowlaugh:

"Well girls," Scootaloo sighed. "I'm off, I need to figure out a way to resurrect King Sombra... and that means the library."

...resurrect?

...yyyyeah somepony needs to stop her...

Well, I had fun reading this.
I'll watch it!

"Well that's not going to happen!" Cheerilee replied, smile firmly in place.

"Now, get to writing it," Cheerilee giggled, before bumping Scootaloo's shoulder. "Dammit!"

I think this is going to be my default characterization of Cheerilee from now on: Cheerful and smiling, yet completely out of bucks to give.

Welp, this is going to be glorious.

Wanderer D
Moderator

5718388 I think having that set of students for enough time would be enough to ensure that!

5718311 5718169 5718125 5718034 5717999 5717935 5717907 5717768 5717743 5717642 5717604 5717506 5717431 5717407 5717379 5717312 5717279 5717270 5718406 Glad you guys are liking it! You'll see soon the sort of craziness Scootaloo is capable of!

5718303 Fixed! And noone will be able to stop the Scoots! And I can tell you and 5717999 both that Diamond Tiara is indeed not the nicest pony... but maybe she bit more than she can chew this time around.

5718208 I always forget that guy, and so does Scootaloo apparently.

5718090 5717852 5717642 5717447 5717394

5718417 Like? LIKE?! I LOVE IT! I knew from your comment in that thread that you were preparing something crazy. I didn't know it was THAT crazy!

5718417 I look forward to it wanderer.

5718303

"Of COURSE I own Rainbow Dash! I peed on her and everything!"

If only Issues made comedies. Scootaloo learning that animals and even olden ancestors once used to mark territory with bodily fluids, could lead to some hilarious circumstances in this scenario Scootaloo all but too casually retorted back to the teacher.

Then again, best to leave innuendo and innocent misunderstandings to Yuki to write. xD

Silver Spoon nervously leaned toward her friend. "Yes?"

Yeah, that's the one weird part of the story. Using friend in the same sentence where you feel that Silver feels she's in danger of being hit or made to do something embarrassing in front of the class was the one thing that staved me off from giving this an instant like. Then again I don't normally give likes to setup chapters on incomplete stories with small word counts since you never know if they'll ever really get far.

But, it's Wandy so it'll likely see an end at least.

5718417

Fixed! And noone will be able to stop the Scoots! And I can tell you and >> Fernesh both that Diamond Tiara is indeed not the nicest pony... but maybe she bit more than she can chew this time around.

She may not be the nicest to others, but yeah, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her put up with Rainbow Dash.

Scoots ressurecting Sombra is going to be a bit weird. Inb4 Scootaloo finds Sombra's Horn. :rainbowlaugh:


Say what you will. But I think Chrysalis and Diamond Tiara would probably get along far too well for their own good. Last thing you need is Diamond Tiara organizing her troops and improving on all the lame villain cliches Chrysalis tends to enact in the most inane moments... Seriously, I'm a never let her fictionally live it down, she turned her back on an alicorn of LOVE as she scoffed on WHAT could they possibly do with LOVE? Not enough palms or hooves to faceplant into for that one.

But no, those two's attitudes are too close in nature. Luckily for the rest, Di still a filly so only thinks of Filly level conquest, only executed with true End Boss execution. xD

Anyhow, fun story. Hope we can get at least a chapter a week but we all know how busy you can get. :P

5718417 All those colt & fillies you can have a whole chapter just on a few of the home work / reports.

:raritystarry: Sweetie how could you !

"Simple!" Cheerilee giggled. "I was going to let all of you write an essay on a subject of my choosing for homework!" she started, eliciting a groan from her students. "Now, now, let me finish! You still have to work on the essay, but instead of me telling you what you have to write it on, how about I let each of you decide what to write it on?"

I'm going to write it on paper.

:trollestia:

Great story, by the way!

Not bad, I'll put this in tracking. ...Oh wait it's Wanderer D, fav.
So we know Diamond Tiara is going to fail. Trying to learn about Rainbow Dash.
Come to think of it, the CMC have spent more time around Chrysalis as herself then anypony else.

I have had that reaction on the cover art before...
but I have never screwed the pooch on a choose your own assignment that bad though

5717642

filly please

Oh, Diamond Tiara... you stupid little filly. You have no idea what AWESOMENESS you've come across. You can't handle it, and you'll get burned. I feel pretty positive about Silver Spoon, though.

Anyways, I'm gonna' guess that Scootaloo's either going to unearth some titanic secret out of Equestria's history, get possessed by Sombra's horn, or get adopted by Sombra. Or all three.

5718303

"Of COURSE I own Rainbow Dash! I peed on her and everything!"

PPFFFFFFTTT
*wipes soda off of computer*
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

5717270

(Plot twist: he really IS her biological father! :pinkiegasp: Or something.)

I can buy that.

5718303 I don't get how peeing on someone or somepony makes them your property automatically, but it sounds more like disrespect to a character...

I'm calling that disrespect. Unless you can explain the joke to me?

Your other stuff in that comment was funny though.

Also, I've seen your username before somewhere. Do you play an online game called Runescape, by any chance?

5719065
Erm, lots of animals, mammals in particular, urinate on stuff to mark their territory. See the joke now?

5719065 that because animals peed on everything to show that their territory.

5719065 As everyone else says, it's territory marking.

I don't play RuneScape, but I'm relatively well-known on FiMF and have written over sixty stories here. Been in the feature box over a dozen times, too. So that's probably why. :pinkiehappy:

5719078
5719093

OH! I see now!

So MythrilMoth is a sentient animal that learned to use a computer keyboard?

Dude that is beyond f**king epic! In fact, that's deserving of a Follow! That is brilliant! I wonder if he's a dog, or a cat, or even a dragon!

Dragons are awesome. I mean, Derpy Hooves is badass pony hooves down, but dragons? Dragons are the ultimate creatures of myth and legend.

Thank you both for helping me understand, and for revealing MythrilMoth's secret! I can't believe this! Best thing EVER!

Login or register to comment