• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,808 Views, 21 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Quest to Become Meme - Scootareader



Pinkie Pie discovers what a meme is and decides to become one herself.

  • ...
6
 21
 1,808

Prologue

“Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie Pie called from the ground below her friend’s house.

Rainbow Dash’s head poked over the side of the cloud her home resided upon. “Oh, hey Pinkie. How’s it hangin’? Need something?”

“Nope! Just felt like coming and saying hi!” She about-faced and began skipping away, humming happily to herself.

Rainbow Dash confusedly scratched her head, then returned to her task of napping.

“Wait! I do need you for something!”

Rainbow sighed, then poked her head back over the side of her cloud. “What, what is it?”

“I need you to say hi back! You only said ‘hey’ to me earlier!”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Hi, Pinkie Pie.”

Pinkie Pie replied, “Hi again!”

Rainbow, satisfied that she’d done everything Pinkie Pie asked, went to lie back down.

“Wait!”

She called over the side of her cloud, “What is it now?”

“You forgot to say hi to me again!”

“What? I just said hi!”

“Yes, but that was to the first time I said hi, then I said hi again, and you haven’t replied to that one yet!”

Rainbow Dash responded irritatedly, “Pinkie Pie, go away. I’m trying to sleep.”

There were several seconds of silence, then Pinkie Pie responded, “Okay....”

Rainbow Dash laughed loudly enough that Pinkie Pie could hear. “You know, Pinkie Pie, you would make a great meme.”

“Meme?” she asked confusedly.

“Yeah, meme.”

“What’s that?”

“Go ask Twilight or something.” Rainbow yawned loudly. “I need to get some shuteye.”


“Meme: An element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.” Twilight proudly shut her book and looked at Pinkie Pie. “Does that answer your question?”

“No! That doesn’t make any sense!” Pinkie Pie looked pleadingly at Twilight. “Can’t you give me an example or something? Rainbow Dash said I might become one!”

“Pinkie Pie, that just means other ponies will want to act like you.”

“No, that’s not how she meant it!” Pinkie Pie shook her head aggressively. “None of the books in the world will answer this for me. I have to go find out for myself what it means to be meme.”

Despite Twilight’s cries for Pinkie Pie to return and think about this, her mind had been made up. She would find out for herself what it meant to be meme, and nothing that Twilight or Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie could do would stop her from discovering it.

Author's Note:

Please, only positive comments and upvotes for this story.

--Windlife meme


Guess I'll stick the picture references for everything down here. Prepare for the flood of references:

Pinkie Pie in Dress
Pinkie Pie's Letter Hat
Pinkie Pie Riding Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Breaking the 4th Wall
Pinkie in a Suggestive Stance
Pinkie Pie Wearing a Suspicious Disguise
A Random Picture I Found
Pinkie Pie in Chicken Suit
Pinkie Pie with Check Mark
MLG Pinkie Base
Joint
Fedora
Sunglasses
Gun
Ball Pit
Excited Pinkie
Angry Pinkie Pie
Nazi Hat
Mustache
Alicorn Pinkie
Elements of Harmony
Cutie Marks
Pinkie With Glasses
Pie
Pinkie Pie Standing
Dem Glasses

Some of these pictures were heavily edited, others were just a few vectors hastily slapped together. There, we got the worst out of the way first.