• Published 25th Mar 2015
  • 646 Views, 9 Comments

A New Source of Light - ZeroPony55



Anthea finds a new source of light for the night

  • ...
0
 9
 646

Your New Light

The sun falls down, ending a spectacular day for Anthea. The only problem with this spectacular day is that; it's ending and her mother, Fluttershy, over working herself. Fluttershy, light a small candle and walk over to Anthea do tuck her to bed. She close the windows and curtains. "Goodnight, Anth-zzzzz."

"Mom, do you need me to tuck you to bed?" Anthea tease as she gently uses her magic to nudge her mom awake.

"No need, Sweetie. I'll be fine...zzzzz" Fluttershy then slowly make it to her room.

Once Anthea hear a click from her mom's door, she use her magic to grab a book, with a title of "Fifty Shades of Hay", from under her bed. "Alright time to find out what's up with this book." After five pages she can't continue reading the book. "sweet Celestia, this is bad as Half-Light." Suddenly a powerful gust of wind come bursting through her windows, blowing out the candle. "oh no oh no oh no, why now? That's ok Anthea, I'll just use..." she then realize something. "I never decide to learn a simple lighting. Now if, Twilight finds out, I can't even do a simple lighting spell. She seen me back to magic kindergarten." Anthea continue thinking of how terrible it is to be unable to use a lighting spell.


In the castle of Canterlot, princess Luna is searching through the dream world for any nightmares. She soon come across a small throne for certain dreams that was made from her daughter, Nidra. But the thing that really got her attention is that one of the throne is empty. From what she believe this would be Anthea's dream world. Since Anthea's dream world isn't here, it means she's awake and if Luna remembers correctly, Anthea afraid of the dark. Even though she's the protector of dreams, it didn't stop her from helping ponies, who were scare outside of a dream. So Luna proceed to Fluttershy's cottage. Once she's there, she cast a sleeping spell in the area. She then enter Anthea's dream and to her surprise; it was fill with complete emptiness. In the middle of the emptiness lays Anthea, crying. "ANTHEA!" Luna calls out.

Anthea look up "Nidra? What are you doing in my house?" She ask, unaware that she's dreaming.

"Do I really sound like my daughter? Maybe this would help." Luna use her powers to fix Anthea's blindness.

"Whoa I can see?" Anthea says checking out her front hooves.

"Oh course this is a dream and you can do anything you want in here."

"But how did I fall asleep? I'm pretty sure I was fully awake."

"And why might you think that?"

"Umm, my mother put some sort of sleeping pill in a drink I had."

"No, try again."

"Oh I know! I was knot out by intruders so they could kidnap me, and I have to go through wacky adventures to learn more of myself. Your here to be my guide right?"

"What no, I put you to sleep."

"Yeah I figure as much."

"Then why-"

"You're the Princess of the Night. It's not like you use a highly advance doze spell. Besides if I was kidnap, my coltfriend, T is going to save me and then where's would my adventure be."

"Anyways do you have any idea, why I'm here?"

"Nope, not a single clue."

"Well I notice that you weren't sleeping."

"How? Were you stalking me?" Anthea tease.

Luna hide her blush. "No of course not!"

"What you don't like your daughter's friend?"

"Can we get back to the topic at hoof."

"Awwww, you're no fun, but sure."

"I notice you aren't sleeping because Nidra built a throne for your dream world.

"I never thought you taught your daughter to like mares."

"You have a lot of courage to make fun at a princess. You're lucky I'm no longer Nightmare Moon."

"Are you threatening a blind foal? I never thought the Princess of Night would go that low" Anthea then fall backwards and pretends she had been strike.

"Oh ha ha, can we go back on why I was here."

"Sure" Anthea says while getting back up.

"So I said I notice you're aren't asleep because of my daughter's throne, right?"

"Yeup, what about it?"

"I want to know why aren't you asleep. Aren't you tried anyways?"

"Nope I have a lot of energy because of today but I'm scare of the dark and that's why I can't fall asleep."

"But aren't you blind, don't you see total darkness?"

"I'm somewhat blind. I see everything as a blurry image."

"I guess that explains why you thought of me as my daughter, but anyways how do you usually fall asleep?"

"I usually-" Anthea then summon T and hug him "have somepony with me or have light."

"I didn't see anypony around. Is that the reason you couldn't sleep?" Anthea nod "Well to tell you the truth you always have light next to you. However to do that you have to leave the dream world."

Before Anthea could say anything she is out of her dream. "Rude, kicking me out of my dream." Anthea look around her room. She suddenly realize the room is really cold but that probably from the wind storm that's happening. As she went up to the windows, she notice the moon. It was shinning brighter then ever. "Is this what Luna meant when she said something about light always being next to me?" Anthea thought. She then open the curtains and close the window and head back to bed.


Fluttershy jerks here head awake as a wind burst through her windows like if the wind were rocks. "Oh my if the wind is this strong, I should check on Anthea" Fluttershy thought. As Fluttershy enter Anthea's room she sees that the room was kind of bright and Anthea asleep. "oh she just fine" Fluttershy calm down and head back to her own room.

The next morning.

Anthea rush down, excite for today's events. "Hi, mom where's breakfast I want to meet my friends as soon as possible."

Fluttershy set out some daisy sandwiches "Here you go and before you go. I'm planning to go shopping later and notice we're out of candles, how many to you want me to pick up?"

"None, all I need you to do for me is remove my curtains. I've found a new source of light."

Author's Note:

Half-Light=Twilight

I actually read about ten pages of Fifty Shades of Grey. I don't own the book because my dad's cheap and I have to pay back someone.

This story is I feel a lot better then my other entry. This one's about Anthea can't fall asleep at night without somepony or light. Now that I think about it this is more of some type of aftermath or something. Also the reason I choose Luna and not Nidra is first of all Luna controls the moon and you don't really see next gen characters with the mane six or the princess that isn't related to each other (I bet you going to prove me wrong now). Compare this to make last entry this is the better one.

Comments ( 9 )

Fluttershy light a small candle

that is should say either something more "lit a candle" or "went to light a candle"
I noticed a few other minor writing errors, it would probably be a good idea to read through what you have posted and see if you can spot any other little hiccups. You should never assume once it's posted it doesn't need you to work on it, you will always make mistakes and ignoring a work after you think you're done with it is one of the biggest mistakes any of us can make.

I enjoyed this one, it was fun to read.

I can't change it to lit or went to light because those two are past tense and I want to be all present tense, but thanks anyways.

5786820 it's just the wording feels off and a little wrong, and you really should fix all these little errors in the story. I'm approaching my "error tolerance threshold" reading this story.

5786921
Like I said I want to keep this all present tense and it's very hard to not break the tense please to understand how hard it is to keep it present tense.

Oh dude; great effort, good story, and excellent plot, but the grammer errors and missing words here and there, they're a headache to look over.:derpytongue2::pinkiesick:

5794871
I know my grammer sucks I have a hard time keeping everything in present tense. If your asking why I don't do past tense it's because I don't like doing past tense, sure it's easier but having them mix is even easier which makes more mistakes. But hey it's better then my last entry, that one was just garbage.

5794909 The votes don't lie about that last part. Still, I find it impressive that you can make a good story without using past tense.

Great story, have a like! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment