• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 1,087 Views, 11 Comments

The Cherry Job - A Dazzlings' Story - xoxPinkiePiexox



After being humiliated, the Dazzlings go in a search for a new talent and a new identity, but can they be successful in starting a new life?

  • ...
2
 11
 1,087

The Fundraiser

Sonata woke up early in the morning and ran downstairs. When she got in the dining room she found Ms. Jubilee making breakfast. "Morning Ms. Jubilee," Sonata said.

Ms. Jubilee turned around when she heard Sonata's voice. "Good morning Sonata, how are you?"

"I am fine I guess, but I need help with something. I was hoping we can have a charity event to donate to Sugar Cube Corner."

"That sounds like a great idea! But what do you plan on doing?" Ms. Jubilee asked.

"I haven't thought of that," Sonata said. She looked down at the table and saw a picture of Ms. Jubilee holding blue ribbon. "Hey what is that?" Sonata said pointing to the picture.

"That is a photo from when I won the desert contest. My chocolate covers cherries won first prize."

Sonata jumped up with a crazy idea. "That's it!" she yelled, "We can sell your chocolate covered cherries and donate the profits to Sugar Cube Corner!"

"Sonata, it is not that easy. We can't just donate all the money to Sugar Cube Corner, we need to keep some of the money."

"Then why don't we just donate half?" Sonata asked.

Ms. Jubilee looked in the refrigerator for some ingredients to make chocolate. "I guess that can work but that means that we need to work all morning."

"Then let's get to work!" Sonata said eagerly.

When Sonata opened the door, Aria and Adagio were standing behind it. "Looks who woke up late this time," Sonata said.

Sonata immediately ran outside to pick cherries. Adagio and Aria walked in the kitchen. "Morning girls, we need to work all this morning to make some chocolate covered cherries for a booth," Ms. Jubilee said.

"A booth again?" Aria asked.
****************

The cherry orchard was full of trees dotted with red and yellow cherries. Sonata searched the orchard for the best cherries. A tree deep in the orchard was full of glossy red cherries. "These seem like they're the best."

Sonata grabbed a ladder to climb the tree and picked the cherries. "I can't wait until everyone tastes these!"

Sonata ran inside with a basket full of cherries and into the kitchen. I got the juiciest cherries I could find!" Sonata yelled as she opened the door.

"Just in time. We just finished the chocolate so bring the cherries over here so we can wash them," Ms. Jubilee said.

Sonata put the basket of cherries into the sink and turned the water on. "Ok! Now that the chocolate is done we can dip the cherries in them and put them in the fridge to cool," Ms. Jubilee said.

Sonata took the basket out of the sink and dumped the water out. After all the water was out of the basket she sat them on the counter. "So we just dip these into the chocolate?" Aria asked.

Ms. Jubilee grabbed a container and set it on a counter. "Pretty much. Adagio, can you got upstairs and make a sign?" Ms. Jubilee asked.

Adagio went upstairs and grabbed some markers and a poster board. After she sat down with the supplies she wrote 'Chocolate Covered Cherries, 10 for $3'. Adagio sat and stared at the sign making sure what she wrote down made sense. She picked up the poster and carried it downstairs. "I made the sign," she said as she opened the door.

Aria and Sonata looked at Adagio. They were covered in chocolate. "What happened in here?" Adagio asked.

"We weren't eating the chocolate if that's what you were thinking," Sonata said. Aria groaned.

"How dare you eat all the chocolate and not save some for me!" Adagio yelled.

Sonata licked the chocolate off of her face. "Sorry," she said under her breath.

Ms. Jubilee walked in the kitchen and grabbed the cherries out of the fridge. "You can stop eating the chocolate girls. Now lets go to the booth."

The booth was in the middle of the town. Even the center of the small town was still the busiest. Once the four set up everyone who say them immediately ran towards the stand. "I see you made your legendary chocolate covered cherries," someone said.

"Well I had help from my number one employees," Ms. Jubilee.

"Aren't we your only employees?" the three asked.
*************

After the fundraiser, Ms. Jubilee counted the money. "And we made.....,"

The three jumped up and down in suspense. "$1,000!" Ms. Jubilee said.

"Now just cut the bills in half and give them to Sugar Cube Corner," Sonata said.

"That's not how it works," Adagio said. "They get $500 dollars."