• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 1,078 Views, 11 Comments

The Cherry Job - A Dazzlings' Story - xoxPinkiePiexox



After being humiliated, the Dazzlings go in a search for a new talent and a new identity, but can they be successful in starting a new life?

  • ...
2
 11
 1,078

Unfortunate Reunions

The train arrived at Dodge Junction station. It was a quite simple town. Once they got off the train they noticed they were the only ones getting off. "Well they weren't kidding when they said country," Aria said.

It was a short walk to their destination. The farm had trees spread out for miles dotted with red and yellow cherries. A large red building stood in front of the whole scene. "Well I guess there is no turning back now," Adagio said nervously.

Before they were able to knock on the door a stout woman in a bright yellow dress opened the door. She had dark red hair with brighter red highlights put up in a ponytail. Her green eyes gazed at them before she said anything. "Well hello there, can I help you?" she said.

"We are here for a job! We saw it in the want ads!" Sonata said cheerfully.

Ms. Jubilee examined Sonata and her friends. "Well you look like promising workers, why don't you come in," she said as she gestured for them to come in.

"My name is Cherry Jubilee but you can call me Ms. Jubilee. The job is quite simple. All you have to do is pick cherries, sort them, and help me sell them at my cherry stand in the town. You are welcome to stay in a room above the farm and meals will be provided. Any questions?" Aria raised he hand.

"You purple haired one."

"My name is Aria. What kind of salary are we looking at?"

Ms. Jubilee laughed. "Want to get straight to the point I see? I like that in a worker. You will get paid fifteen dollars an hour."

"At least we get paid decent money," Adagio muttered.

As they walked up the steps Ms. Jubilee opened the door to show them a large room with three twin beds. "And this is where you will be staying. Make yourselves comfortable we will get straight to work tomorrow at the rodeo." As Ms. Jubilee left the three started to unpack.

"Well she was pretty straight forward," Adagio commented.

The girls changed into their pajamas and got into their beds. "We just got here and she already wants us to work a cherry stand at some sort of rodeo?" Aria said "Talk about extremely straight forward."

"The sooner we start the sooner we get paid, so i'm not complaining," Adagio yawned as she turned in her bed and fell asleep.

Sonata flicked the lamp off and turned in her bed. "Adagio is right, lets just stick to the positives."

*****************************************

As the sun started to shine through the window, Ms. Jubilee burst through the door. "Rise and shine girls! It's time to get to work!"

The girls started to groan. "Come on we have to set up the cherry stand at the rodeo!" Ms. Jubilee shouted.

As Ms. Jubilee walked out the door the girls got up and started to change. "First day! Hooray!" Sonata said eagerly.

"Hooray," Adagio and Aria said uninspired.

Once they got to the rodeo they started to set up the cherry stand. "And now it is time for our first event! The hurdle jump!" the announcer said in the megaphone.

All the runners started to line up at the starting point. Sonata started to stare at the runners. "Hey guys look over there!" Sonata said eagerly jumping up and down and pointing.

Adagio and Aria stared at the runners until they noticed Applejack. "Hey isn't that one of the members of the Rainbooms?" Adagio asked.

"So much for starting new lives," Aria groaned.

As the gunfire sounded all the racers started to run. Applejack was one of the quickest ones there. As she perfectly jumped every hurdle her blonde hair flew in the air. As the race began to come to an end Applejack crossed the finish line first. "And the winner is Applejack!" After Applejack crossed the finish line she started to grab a bottle of water and walked towards the cherry stand. Sonata started to get nervous.

"Oh no! She is coming this way!" Sonata said nervously.

As Applejack started to get closer the three started to get even more nervous. "Can I get a slice of cherry pie?" Applejack said as she put some money on the table. When she looked up she gasped. "Hey what are you guys doing here?" she said angrily.

"We should be asking you the same thing!" Adagio shot back.

"I hope you aren't causing any trouble! You better not try to take over this town too!"

"You really are stupid, we can't cause any trouble without our pendants...which you and your friends broke!" Aria said.

"You can't call me stupid when you can't even sing without your pendant!" Applejack shot back.

"Why wont you guys just stop!" Sonata yelled.

"Oh look, now the dumb one is talking!" Applejack said sarcastically.

"That is it!" Adagio yelled, "Sonata may be dumb, but no one else is allowed to call her dumb but me and Aria! I have done nothing but try to be nice, but you have crossed the line!" Adagio grabbed a cherry pie off of the stand, "We are not causing trouble!" Adagio said as she threw the cherry pie in Applejack's face.

Applejack fell backwards and everyone in the stands started to stare. The awkward silence was broken by laughter. Applejack's face was so red no one could tell where it was with the cherry pie on her face. "Yes you are," Applejack said softly before running away.

The awkward silence came again before it was broken by Sonata. "Thanks for standing up for me!"

"It was the least I could do," Adagio said sincerely.

"So much for staying hidden though," Aria commented, "Maybe not having those pendants really have changed us."