• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 9,502 Views, 213 Comments

Dream come true? - Storm Shine



HiE fic. A rather average brony known as John has been kidnapped and injected with odd powers, before being launched into Equestria. What will he do now that he's in the land of ponies? (Somewhat inspired by the 'Power Lottery')

  • ...
17
 213
 9,502

Ch 7: 'Pest Control' and other developments

I awoke to the sound of a chainsaw echoing through the caverns. Wait... No, that's just the sound of a snoring Cadence... Never took her for a snore-er.

Anyways, she's still snoring against my side and I'm feeling a bit hungry... Hmm... Aha, there's an idea!

I began to concentrate, focusing on some of the shadows in the area around us before bringing them together into a large inky blob in front of me. I've been wanting to try this for a while now... Soon the blob of darkness began to take shape, forming into something similar to a basic Shadow Heartless from Kingdom Hearts.

The newly created shadow-creature blinked before focusing on me with bright large yellow eyes that seemed to shine with some sort of inner light. Deciding this wasn't enough, I quickly created three more. "I need you four to go up into the kitchens and get us some food." I told them, "Get some fish for me, and maybe a salad with some apples for Cadence here." I elaborated, indicating the snoozing Alicorn.

I probably could have used my theft powers to get some food, but I think it's a good idea to start learning more about some of my somewhat newly acquired powers too.

The four creatures nodded at me before turning to the nearest shadow and diving into it, disappearing from sight.

Being as bored as I was, I decided to entertain myself by creating some Griffons out of crystal and having them put on a little Circus. I even made some Shadow-lions for the lion-taming act... Can't have a circus without the lion taming after all.


It was about twenty minutes into the circus acts when Cadence finally woke up, by which time the food had already been delivered by my little Shades. Heh, 'my little Shades' sounds like it could be some sort of mlp parody... Technically it kinda is, I guess. I'm like their ruler, and Celestia calls everypony 'my little ponies' so this could be considered some sorta weird parody thing. Oh well.

Cadence began to stretch like a cat with her eyes closed, yawning as she showed off her wonderfully toned flan-... Nevermind, let's NOT go there right now... Or possibly ever.

Anywho, her jaw fell open as she witnessed my crystal circus. I couldn't help but laugh at her expression of shock.

"W-what!?" She exclaimed, "There's been Crystal Griffons living down here!?"

I broke down at that, "N-no, there's not..." I managed to wheeze out, before finally reigning in my laughter. "I was just entertaining myself while you slept." I told Cadence, passing her the bowl of salad my little Shades had 'acquired' from the kitchens. "Go ahead and eat before we head to the surface, the lion taming act is about to start."

Cadence shook her head in disbelief, eating her food as she watched one of the Crystal Griffons begin trying to tame a shadow-lion with a crystal stool and a shadow whip as it roared at him and occasionally swiped a large paw in his direction.


Twilight glared at 'Cadence' from her spot as 'Best Mare' of Shining Armor, completely ignoring the large crowd of ponies waiting for the start of the wedding.

"How could Cadence have changed so much?" She wondered silently to herself, "What could've caused my favorite foalsitter to become like... THIS!?" Twilight thought, remembering her terrible attitude towards herself and her friends. "I don't know... But I'm going to find out somehow." She decided, watching 'Cadence' warily.

She'd be finding out sooner than she thought...


After Cadence had eaten her food, I snapped my claws and focused, causing the crystal constructs to crumble into piles of fine crystal dust and the Shades and Shadow-Lion to return to the Darkness.

"Ready to head up to the surface?" I asked the pink pony princess.

"Please." She replied with a nod, "I don't want to stay down here a minute longer."

I grinned as a potentially funny idea came to mind. Grabbing her, I began to quickly fly up to the ceiling which caused Cadence to scream at the rapidly approaching crystal and cover her eyes. Turning on my intangibility, we passed through the ceiling though Cadence continued to scream.

"You can stop screaming now." I told her with amusement lacing my tone, my grin widening just a bit as she hesitantly took her hooves away from her eyes and stared in shock at the rapidly moving earth that passed by... Or rather, the earth we were passing through.

"Jerk." Cadence said, slapping my arm with a huff and a cute little pout. The slap actually connected, which was interesting... Guess it was because we were both intangible? I'd better remember that for later.


Soon I found myself landing just outside a pair of large, too large if you ask me, doors. from behind the doors, just in time to catch the end of some distinctly wedding themed music... "Oh no, we're too late!" Cadence cried out in distress, having heard the ending of the tune 'here comes the bride' emanating from the room.

'Are there any here today who would object to this union?' wafted out from behind the doors.

"Not yet." I told Cadence with a genuine smile, "Follow my lead."

I pushed the doors with a decent amount of strength, causing them to open before impacting the walls with a large *Bang!* sound. "I object!" I called loudly, striding into the room.

Every creature in the room seemed very surprised by my interruption, but non moreso than three very specific ones.

"John?" Twilight thought, confused by my appearance.

"Jet, where the HAY have you been!?" Gilda demanded, not really shocked by my action but more by my sudden presence in the room. And probably a bit upset that she didn't have her over-sized feathery plushie last night.

And finally... "You!" 'Cadence' hissed quietly before resuming her act. "Why would you interrupt my special day like this!?" She asked tearfully, probably trying to rally the ponies with her fake sadness routine.

I smirked at her, "Nice try Chrysalis..." I told the disguised changeling, " But it's not your wedding..."

"It's mine!" Cadence finished, walking out from behind me.

Chrysalis sneered, "How did you escape!?" She demanded.

"I helped her get out of there, not hard for someone like me Chryssie." I replied, still smirking at her.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!" the bug roared at me, dropping her disguise before shooting a strong bolt of magic at me. It harmlessly impacted the wall behind me due to my quickly activated intangibility. Well... Harmless for me, not so much for the wall.

I whistled as I appraised the damage, ignoring the crowd fleeing around me "somebuggy got an upgrade." I commented, looking at the hole in the wall.

Turning back, I noticed that Celestia was down and the mane six, plus Gilda, were looking at the changeling queen in fear. "Seriously?" I deadpanned, "I turned around for like... two minutes!" Sighing, I began to walk towards the hysterically laughing Queen.

Noticing me, she turned and her horn glowed a sickly green. "Oh Shining Dear~" She practically purred, "Would you take out the trash?"

Shining Armor turned towards me, his eyes practically imitating his first name with the amount of magic they seemed to be saturated with. "Of course." He droned, his horn beginning to glow.

Huh... I just noticed the barrier is gone. Wonder why I didn't notice before... Maybe it only went down just now? oh well I g-

I cut off my train of thought as I felt another bolt of magic pass through me. Looking towards the source, I noticed Shining Armor standing there between me and Chrysalis with his horn glowing.

"Jeeze, somepony woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I joked, "Now kindly get out of my way so I can swat a fly."

Shining simply shot another bolt of magic in response, a bolt that ALSO passed through me. "Some ponies just don't get the memo..." I said, shaking my head at him. "If it didn't work the first time, it probably won't work the second time either."

And another bolt... Now I'm annoyed. I quickly formed a crystal cage around Shining Armor, using the shadows of the cage to create a small Shade, which hopped onto his back and grabbed his horn to prevent him from casting any more spells.

"Now than... On to you Chrysalis." I said, turning my head towards her just in time to receive a face full of green. I am SO bucking glad that I trained to make myself able to activate my intangibility as a reflex.

"That's just rude Chryssie..." I said, walking towards her with a grin. "But understandable I guess... So I hope you understand that I've gotta beat your face in now."

The terrified Changeling monarch began scrambling away from me in fear, apparently she finally understood that she could do little to nothing against me... Good.

I then glanced around at all the terrified ponies around me before sighing, I'm too nice sometimes...

"I'll show you mercy today Chrysalis." I said, causing her to blink in surprise before grinning, probably thinking that she was going to get away scot-free. "I'm going to throw you, and every other changeling in the city, out of Canterlot. If I ever find out that you've come back... I'll kill you." I threatened, glaring at her as nearby shadows began to writhe around my form.

Without further ado I used my shades to toss her, and every other Changeling in Canterlot, through a shadow portal and into some random area near the border of Equestria.

I walked to the group of ponies with a disappointed sigh, "Didn't even get revenge for the headache..." I mumbled dejectedly, "Stupid ponies, and their stupid innocent pony eyes..." I'm not really angry at them, but I REALLY wanted to get her back for that big bucking headache I had when I woke up in the caverns. Oh well, life doesn't always go the way we want it.

I probably could have beaten her up... but then the ponies would probably call ME a monster. Such is life.

"Well, that takes care of Canterlot's major pest problem." I joked, helping Celestia to her hooves.

"Yes... Thank you Jet." Celestia said gratefully, "This was a dark time for my little ponies, and I fear what would've happened had you not been here to help after I was defeated."

"Aaww~... I didn't even get to use Twilight as a magical Gatling Gun!" Pinkie pouted, causing me to look at her in shock and everybody else to look at her with confusion evident in their eyes.

"How-.. You know what? Never mind, you're you Pinkie. I'm not even going to try to think about how you know about that." I told the bubbly pink mare, shaking my head resignedly.

"That was pretty cool Jet." Gilda congratulated me, patting my shoulder as she came over to my side. "Really Ho- er... Really strong display." She said, glancing around at the ponies as she corrected herself.


Later that night, after the real wedding and the party, Cadence and Shining were standing in front of me. "I can't thank you enough for helping me get out of those caverns." Cadence was telling me. "If you hadn't, who knows what could've happened?"

Shining nodded, "Yeah, Thanks. I can't believe I didn't even realize that those headaches were from the barrier, that Changeling mind magic was some powerful stuff."

"No problem." I told the two, "There's just one thing I want to ask of you."

"Name it." They replied.

"Can you try to let go of your little Griffon prejudice Shining?" I requested, "Not all Griffons are bad, some just might seem a bit rough because they don't quite understand ponies." I told him, glancing at Gilda for a moment as she talked with Rainbow Dash.

Shining sighed, "I... Yeah. I guess I could try that." He told me before holding out a hoof, which I bumped.

"Cool. See you around." I said, walking back towards Gilda.


"Exciting Day." Gilda commented as we got into the bed in the Canterlot. "In more than one way..." The last part was a mumble, that I barely picked up.

"What was that?" I asked curiously.

"I said it was exciting in more than one way, okay!" She snapped.

"Oh... Okay." I said, rolling over.

"H-hey Jet...?" Gilda said hesitantly.

"Yeah?"

"Wanna go out?

"...." I thought about it for a minute, Do I really want to try a relationship with Gilda? Do I really want to try to find romantic happiness with somebody not of my original species? "...Sure." I responded, deciding that I'd give it a try.

Hey, I'm a shapeshifting Human/Hide-Behind/Cheshire Cat hybrid thing in a world with little to no other humans around and I'm getting comfortable in my Griffon form. Don't judge me.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait everypony, and as much as I'd like to say that it's all due to personal complications or something... I was just lazy. My lazy bug, Henry, decided to go on a biting spree. :derpytongue2:

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, sorry it was a bit rough around the edges, but I plan on updating again soon. I'll try to get out a few more out around (and hopefully before) some time early next week as an apology for taking so long before starting on this one...

For future reference, the small shadow creatures are going to be called Shades from now on.