• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 9,496 Views, 213 Comments

Dream come true? - Storm Shine



HiE fic. A rather average brony known as John has been kidnapped and injected with odd powers, before being launched into Equestria. What will he do now that he's in the land of ponies? (Somewhat inspired by the 'Power Lottery')

  • ...
17
 213
 9,496

Ch 15: And the award for best acting goes to...

It was a beautiful morning, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, th- wait.. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?" Nightmare Moon screamed furiously, looking out of her window to see her moon lowering out of sight and her wretched sister's Sun rising over the horizon. "Rebels? No, who could possibly.. The methods for moving the sun and moon had long since been lost to all but Celestia and myself, so who..?"

"No matter how big the group, they are no match for an Alicorn." Nightmare murmured, spreading her wings and flaring her power in an attempt to regain control, but for all her magical might, she found herself unable to so much as halt one of the celestial bodies. "impossible.." Nightmare paced as she mulled over the possibilities. "No group of unicorns has enough power to keep us from wrenching away control.. Even our sister wouldn't be able to stop us from moving the moon as we please."

"My sister.." She paused, "But that's impossible. She's chained, her powers gone, there's no way.." Nightmare glared at the sun, still slowly rising into the sky. "But we had best make certain." Her horn glowed with a bright light and a flash lit her chambers, leaving them empty


The first thing Nightmare noticed was her sister, sitting upon the surface of the sun and looking exactly as she left her and, glancing over, she also noticed the empty set of chains nearby. "We see the creature couldn't handle the fires of the sun." Nightmare gloated, a grin splitting her muzzle in amusement. "Tell us Sister, how was it? Listening to its screams as it was cooked alive and burnt to ashes? The first of your company in a very long time."

Much to Nightmare's annoyance, her sister simply looked at her with a raised brow before sighing and shaking her head in... disappointment? "Don't pull the disappointed older sister routine with us Celestia!" Nightmare growled out before shaking her head and calming herself. "We suppose we knew it wouldn't be you who moved our moon and your sun, after all you could never escape those chains." She monologues gleefully.

Nightmare grinned viciously as Celestia looked up in interest, "But not to worry. We'll find whatever little resistance that formed and break them." She studied Celestia's face, expecting despair for her little ponies, finding only... Defiance? "Oh, the fires in your eyes! we see your little visitor must have somehow rekindled your flames." Nightmare laughed maniacally. "We'll be sure to send what's left of this little resistance up later, a nice little gift from us to you. After all, you like incense right?"

Nightmare, now in a much better mood, lit her horn to leave. A flash, muted by how brightly lit the sun already was, appeared briefly.. but Nightmare was still there. "W-What?!"

"Surprised, dear sister?" A voice that she knew all too well whispered... right into her ear.

Nightmare shrieked slightly as she whirled around and backpedaled from.. "CELESTIA!?" She glanced over, seeing that Celestia was still chained up, and yet she was also in front of her. "W-WHAT?! T-two? BUT HOW!!?"

"Oh sister, you didn't think I wouldn't have a backup plan did you?" Celestia tutted, shaking her head. "I'm surprised at you."

Nightmare's fear quickly turned to anger. "I beat you once and I can do so again!"

Celestia tilted her head with a grin, "Oh but you only won by sealing me away.. Besides.." The other Celestia stood up, walking forward. Nightmare watched in muted horror as the chains holding her down strained slightly before snapping and crumbling away. "Can you beat us both?"

"Come sister.." The twin Alicorns spoke, "Let us help you see the light once more." They smiled a horrible wide smile. "Let's get that parasite out of you."

"NEVER!" Nightmare screamed, firing a blast of magic into their faces. She panted slightly at the sheer amount of magic she had poured into the beam, before snapping her head up at the sounds of giggling. She paled in horror as the two Celestia were still standing there, once in pristine condition and the other.. A horrendous rendition of Celestia, a mane like fire and fangs much like her own. Twin eyes burning as fierce as the sun, looking at her as though she was nothing more than a speck of dust before her.

"Come now sister." A warped voice spoke condescendingly from that fanged maw, "Thou shouldst know better than to simply pour magic into thy attack."

"That's Lulu for you, always a battering ram with combat magic." Celestia spoke up, amused. "Perhaps we should re-educate her on proper battle magic.

Nightmare took off, attempting to fly away and lose them in the flames. She needed to get away!

The two Alicorns watched as Nightmare flew away, one giggling and the other laughing maniacally.


"Oh man, that was great!" I laughed, watching as Nightmare disappeared from view. I could still tell exactly where she was though, thanks to my connection with the sun.

"It was very amusing." Celestia continued to giggle daintily for only a moment, before breaking out into great guffaws of laughter. "Oh I haven't played such a great prank in ages!" Her laughter subsided for a moment as she turned to eye me. "So what exactly inspired something like.." She gestured to me. "This?"

I glanced down at myself, taking in the fire curling around my neck and feeling the fangs with my tongue. "To be honest I just tried pulling energy from the sun and gathering it, this kind of happened on its own." It was really strange to have fangs big enough to show with my mouth closed... Then again, it was always a bit weird when I shape-shifted. Walking on four legs, having a muzzle, having a beak, all odd experiences until you get used to them.

"Hmm.." Celestia had a pensive look as she scrutinized my new form. "Interesting. I never thought about pulling energy from my connection with the sun before." She concentrated slightly before, in a flash of fire, her form warped as well. "Interesting indeed.." Celestias warped voice spoke, before she turned back. "I don't think that I like it much, however." the Alicorn of the Sun spoke playfully as she rolled her shoulders slightly, "It feels rather uncomfortable."

I chuckled, "That's fine.. So, you wanna go purify your sister or whatever now?"

Celestia smiled, "Thank you, that would be wonderful." Her horn glowed and we disappeared in a flash.


"Two Celestias?" Nightmare spoke hysterically as she paced back and forth in an empty area of the sun, "That shouldn't be possible! And what was with that other one, she shouldn't have.. she can't have.." Her horn lit up and sputtered out a few times, "And why can't I teleport!?" She stopped moving suddenly, though not by choice.

"Oh dear Lulu.." A warped voice spoke as Nightmare was wrapped in a golden aura of magic. "We've found you~"

"No! NO!" Nightmare struggled, her horn sputtering as she tried and failed to cast any sort of magic. "HOW!? HOW IS THIS HAPPENING!?

"Don't worry dear sister.." Celestia spoke gently as she restrained her sister, "It will all be over soon, and we can go back to the way things should be."

The nightmarish form of the warped Celestia moved closer. "No! STAY AWAY!" Nightmare screamed, panicking as she continued to fail to do anything more than make her horn light up slightly.

"Don't worry.. I'll make this fast." The warped alicorn said, reaching out and pressing a hoof against Nightmare's chest... before reaching further in, her hoof continuing as though intangible. She seemed to rummage around a bit before finally withdrawing her hoof, some sort of squirming darkness drawn out with it as Nightmare went limp.

The dark mass shrieked and squirmed as it tried to get away, Nightmare's form melting away from the unconscious Luna to reveal her normal Alicorn form. "Now to deal with you.." A fanged maw opened, the shrieking darkness struggling as it was deposited within and consumed.

"You are quite the showmare." Celestia teased as she continued to hold her sister in her magical grip, protecting her unconscious form from the environment around them.

I shuddered slightly as I let go of the power from the sun and shifted into the form of a male alicorn, going with white fur, a black mane, and a cutie mark like a Yin-Yang symbol. "I'd prefer showman, showperson, showpony, literally anything other than what you just said."

Celestia raised a brow as she glanced at me, "Interesting choice of form."

I shrugged and ruffled my wings a bit, "I got used to all these extra appendages, what can I say?" To be perfectly honest, I'm just being lazy and made myself more comfortable rather than totally shifting forms "So now what?"

Celestia smiled, "Now we go and clean up my sisters mess."

"We?" I questioned curiously, not having expected to be dragged into it.

"Well, you are using the form of an Alicorn." She gestured around, "Unless you'd rather stay here?"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged, "Alright fine." I chuckled and spoke just before her horn flashed with a teleport spell, "You know, I definitely like you better than the last Celestia I met."

Author's Note:

Started from third person omniscient so there's some context on Nightmare going to the sun and other reasons, hope you guys are alright with that.

now our MC has eaten the Nightmare, which is a sort of darkness parasite entity in this story. (Was that smart? A good decision? Safe? Who knows.) Also found that in this story, drawing power from their connection to the celestial bodies is what make them get all fangs and stuff, Celestia's form pretty much looks like Daybreaker :pinkiecrazy:


Daybreaker form wasn't supposed to appear either. So many things in this story just decide themselves


Yes, Jet is now using an alicorn form. No promises or plans on any form for permanence, having the form of an alicorn doesn't mean he has any skill in magic or anything he didn't have before. He'll probably fall on his face if he tries to fly with just the wings. Nightmare couldn't teleport because her ability to do so was temporarily stolen. I'm sure you can all guess why her magic kept sputtering and failing.

Jet is pretty much the MC's name by now, may change in the future, claw is not necessarily included (was originally for the sake of making it sound more gryphon like.) Used to have an actual storyline for this story ya know? Had it all planned out.. Then while writing, the characters decided to say 'fuck you' to their author and do whatever the heck they wanted. Jet wasn't supposed to meet Gilda that one chapter, they weren't supposed to get together either.

So that's why I reached out and messed with a ritual somewhere a few chapters back, just a bit. Didn't get things back on track, but pulled it off the rails it was running on before so I'll consider it a victory over my little fate-defying characters.

Anyways, things are going and all I can do is try and steer this runaway carriage while hoping people actually like where it goes. :derpytongue2: :pinkiecrazy:



Alright, that's my rambling done. hope everyone enjoys this little chapter.

Comments ( 12 )

Nice an update, also a great chapter, loved the duo celestias bit! :pinkiehappy:

Niiiiiiiceeeeeee!

"It was very amusing." Celestia continued to giggle daintily for only a moment, before breaking out into great guffaws of laughter. "Oh I haven't played such a great prank in ages!"

We should be glad that Twilight never learn anything from Trollestia.

Yes, that is all.

more. must. HaVe. MORE

10022545
Fluttershy is a true friend, while the other is more just someone who happens to laugh at about the same things. At least, that's probably what I was thinking when I wrote it.

I just realized something since he can steal literally anything from fiction to nonfiction and more. Does that mean that he can steal the concept of not having something, and by that logic have it?
Me: Realizes what I just thought.
He can steal the concept of NOT having other powers that he chooses, and basically get those powers.

Logic: By stealing the concept of not having something you get it. Because in order to technically not have something it has to not be in your possession. By stealing the concept of him not having that something it's impossible for him to not have it in his possession. This can count for a lot of powers, items, and such. If you ever gets this information on how to use his basically ultimate steal power he can well steal the concept of him being mortal, dead, or undead making him immortal. Also I feel like this the last one would be really useful after all if you steal the concept of being mind controlled, hypnotized, or even influenced he can nolonger be influenced by any outside force or inner force and maybe even his own powers won't be able to influence him.

10480701
The last sentence.
Me: Thats a full blown middle finger to discords ability to mess with minds.

Reaches end of Chapter 15: NOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS SO GOOOOOOOODDD:rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild: Aww Horseapples meh might aswell move on to the next Fanfiction then:twilightsmile: and yes again overpowered Human!

More good

Login or register to comment