• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 9,502 Views, 213 Comments

Dream come true? - Storm Shine



HiE fic. A rather average brony known as John has been kidnapped and injected with odd powers, before being launched into Equestria. What will he do now that he's in the land of ponies? (Somewhat inspired by the 'Power Lottery')

  • ...
17
 213
 9,502

Ch 14: Walking on Sunshine

"Cool, I've always wanted to go to the moon!" My exclamation caught Nightmare off guard slightly, as her horn stopped glowing for a moment.

"You are a rather simple creature, aren't you?" She asked disdainfully, "To think that one such as you could be considered a threat should be laughable, but I cannot leave anything to chance. My night shall last FOREVER!"

I covered my ears in pain "Gah! Learn some volume control, Jeeze!"

"Don't worry little creature, where you're going will be very quiet." Her horn began glowing again.

"Go ahead, send me to the moon!" I said with a grin, "You may be the night, but I am the moon!"

Nightmare Moon shook her head, "Disregarding that ridiculous statement, I'm not sending you to the moon. I'm sending you into the sun, to give my wretched sister some company." A twisted fanged grin stretched across her muzzle, "Though I'm not sure how much company a roasting corpse will be."

"NOPE!" I yelled suddenly, bolting for the door. I sure as hell don't want to go to the sun - at least with the Moon I could probably just fly back down!

...Okay, stupid thought I know. Several hundred thousand miles or so is still a bit much. I was in panic!

I made it out the door Nightmare foolishly left open, ran through the castle, and continued out into the forest fairly quickly, Nightmare's laughter following me the whole way. "Jeeze.. I can't believe it was that easy.." I wheezed, "Okay, wow, I need to run more often.."

"A pathetic escape attempt, for a pathetic creature." Wait what?

The forest around me melted away, being replaced by the same dungeon I was previously in, with Nightmare Moon looking rather smug. "Wut?!"

"You haven't figured it out? You're asleep, you fool. By the time you wake up, you shall already be in the Sun." She gloated before blasting me with a magic beam.


"Gah!" I woke up in a cold sweat.. No, wait, it's a warm sweat. Really warm, who left the oven o- oh...

"Well I must admit, I am surprised to see another end up here." Celestia commented with a raised brow. "And shocked to find another capable of withstanding the full might of the sun."

"Uh.." I looked around in confusion, noticing nothing but fire around us. "The sun's core is solid? Huh, I thought it was just gas." I stood up, trying to peer into the distance

Celestia inclined a brow elegantly, "Why in Faust's name would the sun be made of gas?" She shook her head, a limp pink mane following her movements. "That is simply ridiculous."

"The only thing ridiculous around here is... uh.." I scratched my head slightly, noting the manacles clanking slightly. "Well I had something clever, but I lost it. So.. These manacles?" I asked, phasing my arms though them and allowing them to clank to the fiery ground. "Seriously, why don't those melt?"

If Celestia was shocked, she hid it very well. "They were made specifically to hold me, meaning that they can resist Sun's heat."

I rolled my eyes, "So.. Moony thought she could chain me up with chains made specifically for you?" I wondered aloud. "That's.. Pretty stupid." Celestia only shrugged.

"So.. How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Oh, a couple of years or so." She replied easily, "It's a little hard to keep track of time from the sun, though I certainly do miss my tea.. And cake."

Thinking about it, I tried to stea- summon a cup of tea for her, but... Well, it evaporated the second it materialized. Not the tea, well the tea too, but the whole damn cup- poof, up in smoke.

"What exactly was that?" Celestia wondered, having seen the slight puff of smoke. Believe it or not, the flames here aren't blinding or obscuring anything in any way. Speaking of ease of sight, I'm just now noticing I was forced into my normal self.. And my clothes aren't fireproof.

I quickly turned away from Celestia with a slight blush and sat down before answering, "Well I was trying to get a cup of tea here, but it evaporated.

"I see.."

Not wanting questions about why I turned away, or if she saw my blush as I realized my nudity, I quickly shifted back into my griffon form. I turned back to Celestia, and a different set of questions. "So you can shapeshift?"

I shrugged, "Yeah, part of my powers." I think I like this Celestia better than the first one I met. Maybe I should grab Gilda and we can live here. Well, obviously not here-here, I don't think she'd like the sun very much. Well, maybe the sun, but not living on the sun. Lots of open space and I'm sure the winter heating is dirt cheap, but there's really not enough trees, grass, clouds, food, water... oh, and the year-round temperature would probably be a problem for her too.

"Do you have anything else that might help us out of this.. Situation?" She questioned curiously.

"Well.. I can probably get you out of those chains and I can control the sun and moon." I answered slowly, thinking things over. I doubt any Celestia would be very understanding about the ability to steal literally anything, and Shadow and Crystal powers are probably useless here. Hide behind and Cheshire powers are basically useless, aside from the intangibility.

Celestia grinned like an internet troll, "I may have an idea."

Author's Note:

Whew, been a while since I updated. Now, some things may seem weird here - I went back and made one slight edit to chapter 12 to make this make sense. Nightmare Moon no longer says that she trapped her sister in the moon, she just references trapping her sister in the celestial body above (AKA moon and sun) and John assumes the moon.

Working on updating all of my stories, publishing one new one soon, and might be working on an actual update schedule of sorts.

Anyways, sorry if this chapter is a bit off at all, I'm working my head back into the swing of things, and back into the characters mindsets. Always open to constructive criticisms and any comments or suggestions.

Hope everypony enjoyed the chapter! :pinkiesmile: