• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 6,672 Views, 144 Comments

Dark Souls: A White Knight - Timeless Lord Slayer



Ever wonder what happened to the first Heide Knight in Dark Souls 2? No? Well too bad, you're going to find out anyway.

  • ...
13
 144
 6,672

Chapter IV: Mysterious Mysteries

I smiled under my helm as I sat in a chair in the castle lobby. Ponies danced and played around me, enjoying the festivities. They were hesitant at first, but in time they grew used to me. The music, called dubstep, was unlike anything I'd ever heard before, but not unpleasant. It ignited a most primal desire within me with its chaotic beats. My thoughts, however, were focused on something else.

My mind wandered back to the images I saw as I watched the ponies around me. Those faces seemed familiar, especially the woman and child. Who were they? Did I know them? I was brought out of my musings by Princess Twilight, who pulled on my cloak with a hoof somehow.

"Why are you sitting here? You should be enjoying the party with everypony else!" she asked.

"Apologies, your Highness. I was just thinking." I replied.

"What about?"

"The images showed a miriad of faces. But, there were two in particular that seem familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think I knew them."

"I see...do you think they were your family?"

"I have no idea, but I'm sure it will come to me in time."

"Alright, if you're certain. Why don't you join me and my friends over at the table?"

"I see no reason not to."

We made our way through the crowd over to a large table where Miss Pinkie, Miss Fluttershy and three other mares were sitting along with a purple bipedal reptile with green spines. Two extra chairs were offered to us, and we sat down. My chair seemed to creak with the weight, but thankfully did not break. Miss Fluttershy smiled softly at me, whilst the other mares and reptile eyed me with what I assumed to be suspicion. Two mares in particular, one orange with a blonde mane tied in a ponytail with green eyes and a strange hat upon her head and the other cyan with a prismatic, unkempt mane and rose red eyes, seemed extra suspicious of me.

The orange one spoke up, "So...yer Asmund?" Her accent sounded familiar, but I could not place when or where I had heard it.

I nodded. "That would be me, yes. I assume you are a friend of Miss Fluttershy and Princess Twilight?"

She nodded. "Name's Applejack. I live down in Sweet Apple Acres."

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Applejack."

"Jus' Applejack is fine."

"Very well, Applejack."

"And I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest flier in Equestria!" proclaimed the cyan pegasus.

"It's nice to meet you, Miss Dash."

"Just call me Rainbow. It's weird when somepony calls me Miss." said Rainbow.

"As you wish, Rainbow."

A white unicorn with a stylised purple mane and blue eyes spoke up, "I'm Rarity, owner of the Carousel Boutique. I must say, you are quite a gentlecolt."

"Thank you, Miss Rarity, I try."

"Why are you wearin' armor? Are you a soldier?" asked Applejack.

Nodding, I replied, "Yes. I am a knight, to be exact. Although I cannot remember the order of which I served."

"But why are you wearing it?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well for one, I have no other clothes. Secondly, I like wearing it."

"You have no other clothes!? Oh you simply must let me make you some!" said Rarity.

"Oh no, you don't have to go to such trouble for me."

"It would be no trouble at all! I'd be glad to do it!"

"Well...if you insist."

Miss Rarity clapped her hooves. "Wonderful! Come by tomorrow and I'll have them ready for you!"

"Thank you, Miss Rarity."

"Wait, why does it matter if you have no other clothes? Why would you even need them?" Rainbow asked.

"Well..." I began.

"I'm rather curious about that too. Why would you need to wear clothes?" asked Princess Twilight.

"Yeah!" said Miss Pinkie.

"W-well...you see..."

"Yes?" queried Miss Rarity.

"Well...we humans have...ah, how to put this?"

"You humans have what?" Miss Pinkie asked.

"We have...exposed genitalia."

"Oh...my..." said Miss Fluttershy, now sporting a heavy blush along with every other mare at the table.

"Twilight, what does that mean?" asked the reptile, finally speaking up.

"I-I'll tell you later, Spike." Princess Twilight answered with a stutter.

The reptile, now known as Spike, pouted and crossed his arms.

Rainbow was one of the first to recover. "So...what's it like then?"

"Rainbow!" Miss Rarity exclaimed.

"What? I'm just curious." she turned back to me. "So what's it like? Don't you get cold with it all just hanging there?"

Princess Twilight had a gleam in her eye now, having recovered and now looking at me intently. Somehow I don't think that's a good sign.

"We are doing so many exams after this party." she stated in a matter of fact tone. "And that's an order." I gulped nervously.

"I think I need some fresh air! Please excuse me!" I said hurriedly, rushing out of the room.

"I mean it!" Princess Twilight called as I opened a set of doors leading out into a long hallway, quickly closing them behind me. Letting out a sigh of relief, I decided to look for a way out of the castle. Then, I heard what sounded like singing. The song sounded...familiar. It was a strange song, without any real emotion to it. No sadness, no anger, just a mysteriously soothing melody. I followed the sound deeper into the castle, until I had arrived at a set of simple wooden doors without any real decoration. The singing was definitely coming from here. Opening the doors, I stepped out onto a balcony with gold railings and marble tiled floors.

And standing there right in front of me was a beautiful alabaster mare with a flowing rainbow mane and tail, wings, a horn, and what looked like golden regalia with a crown. She stopped singing as she noticed my presence, turning to face me. Her magenta eyes were full of warmth as she smiled at me.

"Hello, Asmund." she greeted.

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" I asked.

"You may call me Celestia. As for how I know your name...well, let's just say I've known about you for a long time." she answered cryptically.

My eyes widened after hearing her name, and immediately I kneeled before her. She giggled.

"There's no need to be so formal, Asmund. Not when we are so close."

I looked up at her, utterly confused. "Close? But I only just met you, didn't I?" She giggled again.

"Indeed. This is the first time we've met." she answered, serving only to confuse me more.

"Then how could we possibly be close?" I asked, wondering if perhaps the ancient being was toying with me.

"You'll find out soon enough, I promise. For now, you should return to your friends." She said before my vision was filled with white and nausea overcame me before I appeared back in the lobby and fell to my hands and feet, trying not to empty the contents of my stomach.

Ponies rushed to me, but I was more focused on what the mysterious diarch had said. After assuring everyone–er,–everypony, that I was fine, I joined the mares back at the table, the mares asking me all sorts of questions. I answered each one to the best of my ability, but every now and then I would lose focus, still pondering what had happened. One question burned in my mind, begging to be answered.

How does she know me?


Deep in the Everfree forest, a man sat up from his position on the ground, looking around himself curiously. Many people across multiple worlds knew of him, as he was famous for his skill in the art of battle. He was wearing a peculiar wooden mask with a nebulae like design on it that covered his entire face. His gauntlets looked like they were carved out of stone, and were lined with fur and wrapped in tight chains. Covering most of his body was a long coat with a chestplate and pauldrons attached. His legs were covered with thick leather, with knee guards made of simple steel. His boots were simple leather with steel toes.

He surveyed his surroundings once more before standing up and walking out of the clearing, trudging through the brush. All he knew was that he needed to find someone who could tell him where he was. And so, he set out to find civilization.

Author's Note:

Who is this mysterious man? How does Celestia know about Asmund? Who knows? Thank you all for reading and please tell me your thoughts and theories in the comments below. If any of you recognize the man, then good job, have a cookie!


BlueMoon865