• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 956 Views, 48 Comments

Maiden of Sombra - Cocoa Swirl 10201



A young girl falls asleep one night to have a strange dream, only to wake up in the crystal empire...and being told that she must serve King Sombra as his maiden of choice!

  • ...
5
 48
 956

The girly things in life

Cocoa Swirl burst through the door, her mane was in disarray, and the ribbon threatening to fall out at any moment. She was greeted with the giddy faces of Golden Evening, Morning Skies, and even Crystal Spirit. They approached her, smiling mischievously at the same time.

"Why are you looking at me that way? And how come you guys are awake, the sun is just barley over the horizon." They were now face to face, Morning stared at her, her ruby eyes had a playful gleam.

"We saw everything Cocoa, that was the cutest thing ever!" Morning gave a tiny bounce and gestured towards the window, Cocoa looked out and saw the place she was at moments ago. Around the lotus pond was a huge expanse of trees of all types, with flowering vines growing throughout the entire space, wrapping itself around every tree that was in its grasp.

"Oh Cocoa, your voice is so lovely, sing to me please!" Morning mocked, with a fake sappy voice. She held out a glittering hoof towards Crystal, she acted out the part of Cocoa, also mimicking that really dumb voice.

"Oh King Sombra, I would be honored!" She grabbed Morning's hoof and they started twirling around the room, singing the song about the puppy in the window. Cocoa slapped a hoof to her face, muttering curses while trying to hide her face of shame. She eventually started to laugh at the ridiculousness.

"Wow you guys, that was an amazing performance, BRAVO!" Cocoa said sarcastically, clapping her hooves in mocking manner. They both bowed, and gave smiles and waves. "That was the dumbest thing ever! You guys are ridiculous..." Crystal walked up to her and sat eagerly on her haunches.

"DETAAAIIILLLSSS!!!" She demanded, stomping her hoof for affect. Morning quickly joined and Golden followed suite. "Aw no, hell no! There is no way in tartarous that I'm telling you anything more than what you saw!" With that, she crossed her fore legs and huffed. Her friends faces were pleading and they begged at her hooves. Cocoa sighed and angrily slumped in defeat onto one of the bed pillows. landing face first and sprawling out onto the comfortable bed.

"You do know that I hate you guys, right?" She mumbled through the pillow. "Yep!" They all ecstatically replied in unison, Literally waiting at the foot of her bed, waiting for details like fillies with a bed time story. "Ok, fine! So this is what happened, I went to the garden after you guys fell asleep, and that garden, is, beau-ti-full,! Anyway, I just felt so serene by that pool. It was as if a piece of heaven was brought to earth..." She finished her sentence with a sigh. Her 'audience' was hanging on to every word she said.

"As I was saying... When I looked at the pool, I felt like singing, y'know? Just one of them impulses." "Get on with it!" demanded Crystal Spirit, her voice breaking surprisingly, it was unlike her to lose her composure like that. "Ahem, I mean, please continue..." She hung her head.

"So I started to sing a song, I paused to feel the moment. But apparently The king has no patience, he was hiding in the bushes spying on me, then he comes out of them and nearly gives me a heart attack!" Cocoa turned over and placed a dainty hoof on over her eyes. "He was funny though, that eyebrow thing was just to much!"

"He kissed you didn't he?! OMG HE DID! It's written all over your face!" Morning Pointed an accusing hoof at Cocoa, giving her a sly look. "Did he slip you the tongue? Eww, he probably did!" She scrunched up her face and made kissy faces, making an obnoxious kissing noises as she teased Cocoa. She grabbed a throw pillow and smacked her right in the face. Hard.

"Oww! That hurt! Why are you so violent?!" She whined. Cocoa's eyes sparked with an unknown ferocity, they looked feral and fearsome. "nemer mine..." Mumbled Morning, looking away from Cocoa's wild looking expression.

"Well, let's get ready for the day! I look horrible anyways." Cocoa Swirl's demeanor changed entirely, as she got up from her pillow bed and made way for the secretly hidden bath house door. She pulled at the handle and gasped. A huge stained glass window (or maybe it was crystal, perhaps) Made up the entirety of the bath house wall, Each color in the window was placed so symmetrically in pair to the light at this time of day, that each pool was flooded with a different color, while others stayed the same.

"H-how could ponies even construct something like this? It's beyond my comprehension..." Cocoa Swirl gaped. Crystal Spirit mused behind her. Morning trotted up behind cocoa and tossed a hoof around her.

"It's marvelous, is it not? As the crystal palace was being constructed, This window took just as long to perfect then the palace itself." "How long did it take to build this window?" questioned Cocoa. Morning gave her a cheeky smirk. "This window took 150 years to make. 100 to build and construct, the other 50 to perfect and give it more symmetry to the pools."


~O~

"MORNING, THAT WAS NOT FUNNY!" Coca Swirl screeched. She was dripping with the bath water, still pale as a ghost with sleep bags under her eyes. Morning was laughing her plot off, she had a bellowing laugh, that echoed off the crystalline walls.

"Y-yes it was! Y-y-your face, you should of s-seen it!" The cerulean pony was holding her stomach, gasping for breath. She had just played an awful prank on her. In one of the crystal pools, the color red was being reflected into it, which just so happened to have a sleep deprived Cocoa snoozing in there. Morning had walked up behind her and shouted 'Wake up' as loudly as she could. Unfortunately, when Cocoa suddenly opened her eyes, she thought the water was blood, and not what it was really meant to be. Cocoa jumped about four feet into the air, spraying water in every direction possible.

"The prank was pretty funny even if I didn't' see it, I still heard it." Spirit chuckled slightly, musing at Cocoa outburst, But she continued in a more serious manner.

"But the prank was rather uncalled for... don't you remember the stories of that mare-napper? The incident only happened mere years ago, and they still haven't caught him..." Spirit's face was grim, a dark shadow covering her dead eyes. Morning gulped, and Cocoa began to sweat. (The thought of having some kind of mare-napper still on the loose was terrifying, even if she's never heard of him before.)

"May I be bold to ask, but, who is this 'mare-napper', you speak of?" Cocoa gulped. Crystal Spirit and Morning Skies both shuffled their hooves and gave each other grim, unsettling looks.

"Well, who is it?" Cocoa almost didn't want to know who it was, but her curiosity was getting the best of her. It was then that Morning motioned for Golden Evening to come up. She trotted up and Morning whispered something in her ear. Golden Evening's face went cold looking, the face of the dead.

Author's Note:

Oh gawd, here we go, prepare for creeps and chills, my little ponies...