• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 957 Views, 48 Comments

Maiden of Sombra - Cocoa Swirl 10201



A young girl falls asleep one night to have a strange dream, only to wake up in the crystal empire...and being told that she must serve King Sombra as his maiden of choice!

  • ...
5
 48
 957

When She Arrived.

"Mom! I'm Hooome! Hello?" This is Autumn, the average 'don't ignore me or I'll cut you' thirteen year old who doesn't have much of a home life. Her best friends are Jordyn, Seqoia, and Jayden, all equally as psychotic and crazy in their own way. Autumn's mom was never there much at home, but she could still hope that she would be there at least once when she came home from school, Right?

Autumn huffed and threw her backpack on the couch, she threw herself on her favorite spot and turned on the television, there she found (another) note saying:

"hey, won't be home for tonight. there's top ramen when you get hungry, make sure to go to bed on time. from, mom."

The handwriting was crude and scrawled, definitely it was her mom's drunken handwriting. "Thanks for the lovingly written note mom." Autumn said half-heartedly, she said the word 'lovingly' as if it were venomous on her tongue. With another sigh she looked through the recorded episodes of Attack on Titan. She turned on the latest recording and watched as Eren turned into his titan form and moved a gigantic boulder to plug the breach in the wall. She even laughed at how most of the squad got devoured by the titans.

"Yep, story of my life..." Autumn said to her self as she looked around during a commercial break. "Mom went out to get even more drunk, and I'm once again alone." She got angry and sad at the same time as she said those words. Why was mama always gone? Did she not like me, did I do something that would make mama not want to be around me? Autumn asked herself this almost every single day. She understood why her mom was an alcoholic, because life was just simply stress full. But why would her mom always be gone? What did she do wrong? Her stomach interrupted her thoughts.

"Well, might as well make some top ramen. after that I should get to bed. God, I hate how late the bus drops me off! It pisses me off..." Autumn grumbled to her self as she prepared the water on the stove. She had different school hours, she would start at about 8:45 a.m., but school didn't get out till 5:00 p.m., and living further away from school didn't help either, she was the last one off the bus, getting home at about 6:30.

"Holy crap! I better hurry, I watched way to much Attack on Titan!" The time had already reached 10:00. Time flies so fast when you watch anime. Autumn slurped up her noodles as fast as she could without making a mess, cleaned up the kitchen a bit, and did the rest of her nightly routine. There was a loud banging at the door.

"Coming! Hold your horses 'k!?" Autumn dashed to the door, this is unusual. Her mom never came home this early before, this worried her, it couldn't be good at all. There was only one time when her mom came home this early and it was because she was angry, her mom would blame all of her life problems on her, and how they had no stable home was all her fault. After that, was when her mom became less and less present in Autumn's life. Autumn's mom rushed in with a small grocery bag, it contained a thing of Espresso Chocolate Chunk ice cream and a thing of cinnamon liquor, both these items were for Autumn's mom only. (but she would eat some ice cream behind her back anyway)

"Autumn, your supposed to be in bed by now." Autumn's mom, Jennifer said nonchalantly, paying her no heed as she walked past. She smelt strongly of cheap, stolen perfume and alcohol.

"I was just about too mama, sorry. how was your night though mama? was it good?" Autumn said quietly, trying not to disturb the moment of silence in the house, also because she was worried if her mom was upset or angry.

"No, it was horrible! no one would take me to the liquor store, so I had to walk, but when I got there, it was closed! so I had to walk all the way back here so I could get some ice cream and this." she held up a tiny cinnamon flavored liquor bottle and wriggled it between her fingers. Autumn felt dread in her stomach as she heard her moms words, but she held a dead-pan face. She nodded in fake sympathy, hoping her mother was to drunk to notice her anyway. Unfortunately, not drunk enough.

"I hate it here! And it's all your fault, you spoiled rotten brat! It's all your fault because you can't even be respectful to your own mother! Your so stupid! Why can't you do anything right, oh yeah that's right! Because you were a mistake! you were born on accident you stupid girl, your nothing, and always will be!" Jennifer ranted for what seemed to be eternity. She went on about how she can't respect her elders, how she was doing awful in school, how she can't do anything right, and so on.

Autumn just ducked her head down and cried silently, not making a sound as she felt some of the tear drops land on her bare feet. Finally, Autumn had enough of this bull shit that her mother ranted on about, she was tired of her coming home late, she was tired of her awful smell, she was tired of being around her mom in general. Autumn's dead-pan face finally gave way to one of pure hatred.

"Shut up." She mumbled, her voice sounded deadly. It was as deadly as a dagger held to the throat. Jennifer stopped ranting immediately at the sound of her voice. "Excuse me?" Yelled Jennifer, outraged that she was interrupted.

"You heard me, I told you to shut up" Autumn said a bit louder, her voice still hate filled and sharp. she looked up very slightly to gaze at her mom's eye's. They looked almost fearful, good, that's what she wanted.

"You, mother, are the one who's mistaken. I'm no fool, unlike you, you drunkard wrench I smell you from here. You smell disgusting, so much so it burns my nostrils." She flared her nostrils to emphasize her words. Not moving an inch, she started again.

"Just how much do you hate me that you can't even consider the thought that I will miss you while your gone. How much I worry that you won't come back? Just how much do you hate me?" Autumn's gaze to her mother went from pure hatred, to almost evil looking. Jennifer's eye's widened a bit more, showing more fear. This made Autumn almost giddy, she could maybe talk some sense into her mom for once.

"Well, wrench? ANSWER ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU!!!" Autumn roared at her mom. It felt good. It felt god to scream and yell at someone you hated. Autumn didn't even know that she hated mama Jennifer until now.

"Autumn....I'm sorry...." Jennifer had tears streaming down her face, not tears of sadness or remorse, but tears of fear. Autumn looked fully at her Jennifer, her eye's were terrifyingly evil looking. enough to say that others would think she's possessed, which was true, she was possessed by her true feeling of hatred towards one person. And that person was the one who stood directly across from Autumn.

"Your SORRY!? NO, THOU IS NOT SORRY! THOU HATES US! AND WE HATE YOU!" Autumn's voice didn't sound human. It was like a bellowing growl. And for some mysterious reason, she spoke like an ancient being. With her last scornful words, she turned and rushed to bed. She heard her mother say something faintly.

"Never go to bed angry......you'll regret it." Autumn nearly laughed out loud at her mother's weak threat. She was still filled with spiteful anger, she was still shaking in rage as she threw herself on her bed and mercilessly beat her pillow with her fist.

"We hate you! We want to beat you to a bloody pulp! We want you DEAD! Autumn could hear two voices in her head. She heard herself, and the other one that she never gave a name too. It tended to be her darker side, and they both wanted their mother to be dead, dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead!!! She turned over on her back and stared at the ceiling. She gave one last sigh and closed her eye's, she was extremely exhausted. She didn't realize how much energy she used up. All the better though, she would rest better tonight now that she let it go, express her true feelings.


~O~


"H-Hello? Who's there?" Autumn's voice was barley a whisper. She could feel a presence with her, and it was the very darkness it's self. It was as if she could feel the darkness move around her, trying to become a full presence, it was truly ghostly indeed.

"Hello? Is anybody here? Hello?!" This time she called out louder. She was not going to fall victim to this darkness around her, but the silence was making her antsy and fidgety. She started to mumble to her self to keep away the deafening silence, this would do her so much good for- what seemed to be - a couple hours. But it could've been mere minutes, or seconds! But right now, the silence was starting to even break through her mumbled conversation.

She huddled herself into a little ball and try to hide from the silence, but to no avail, Autumn started to cry. This place, it was so torturous! This place that she was in, it was maddening, so....Lonely.....

"Come to the light, and begin again in this place......." Autumn heard and echoing voice that seemed to come from everywhere, but sounded so distant. She looked up from her knees and searched the dark area. 'In this place'? she hoped that those words didn't mean what she thought they meant... having to stay in this wretched place for eternity!

Autumn covered her eye's as she saw an extremely bright white light ahead of her, she winced as she felt a burning sensation consume her body. So many thoughts were running through her head as she was pulled ever closer to the light. Am I going to Die?! I don't want to die! not yet! Why does this burn so badly?! Please, make it STOP!

The burning didn't stop, but Autumn also began to feel extreme pain in her back, her legs, arms and shoulders. This was all so painful, never had she felt anything as torturous as this! Her head felt as if it were going to split right open, she could here her blood pumping in her ears, feel every inch of her being be consumed in pain and dread.


~O~


"Shut up shut up! She moved, Will she open her eye's soon? Ooooh, I just can't wait to be the first to greet her here!"

"Shh! Quiet now young one, we must be calm. I can tell that she went through something awful. That must of been painful for her..."

"Has the newcomer arri- wow...wow! I've never seen a pony like that before! She doesn't sparkle or anything! I'm surprised that she can be sooo pretty!"

"Hush now, the newcomer awakens..." Autumn could hear unfamiliar voices from an echoing distance, but that could just be the after affects of her conscious slowly reawakening. She slowly fluttered her eyes open to find strange glimmering ponies look at her. They were the most beautiful creatures Autumn has ever seen! Their -so called- fur glimmered and shimmered in the dim light of her resting place. "Huh? Wait...what!? Autumn thought abruptly, having her conscious crash back into her head like a out of control freight train.

"Where am I?!" Autumn shouted, "Oh dear! We're sorry for startling you!" Said a golden crystal mare, she looked young, probably even younger than Autumn. There was also a slightly bigger sized crystal mare, standing beside her bedside with a concerned look on her face, she was a beautiful Amethyst pony and silvery platinum mane that hung in loose waves on her shoulders.

"Dear, a-are you alright? Was the journey painful for you? oooh, I hope you're okay...." The amethyst mare was clearly blind, her eye's we're as gray as a dead fish, her cataracts very noticeable, but the way the mare spoke, it was... olden speech, wasn't it? Autumn couldn't stop shaking, she huddled her self up to hide her face, only to notice that instead of her hands and knee's, she was greeted with crème fur and dainty jet black hooves. She burst into tears,

"What am I? Please.... I can't.... Autumn mumbled this out loud, rather than in her head as she had thought she did. The Blind mare tried to comfort her, but her attempts lend only to more tear-shed. Autumn Cried for a very long time, because she was scared, confused, angry, etcetera, etcetera. The other two mares sat down as Autumn bawled her eye's out, they two, were on the verge of tears.

"W-Wh-What am I? P-Please tell me what I am." Autumn managed to choke out in between her sobs. The blind mare spoke softly.

"Hush now little one, calm down. You are a Pony, but yet you are different, your coat does not shine like ours, more like the ponies that they have in Canterlot. Please, calm now, quiet now..." Cooed the mare as she stroked her mane like the same a mother would a child. Autumn finally become to calm down enough to at least stop shedding tears, but she still shook fearfully.

"Is she alright? Is she hurt? What's wrong, what's wrong, what's wrong!" The oldest of the mares in the room, a rather tall cerulean crystal pony with ruby red hair, stood up to get a closer look at the cowering Autumn, but the blind one held up a hoof, warning her to not come closer. Autumn looked up and asked for the amethyst pony's name

"I'm Crystal Spirit, the blue one is Morning Skies, and the filly there is Golden Evening." Spirit leaned in to whisper in her ear: "Morning is Hyper-Active, and rather redundant, she's a filly at heart." Autumn looked at the oldest of the Mares, she did have a silly air about her, but nothing to extremely childish. She simply nodded her head at the advice she was given.

"What's your name, miss?" Inquired Golden Evening. Autumn was about to speak her name, but it felt like she was denied from saying it. Now that she was in this universe, she was denied to mention any of her past, whether to even speak or think of it, because it would possibly destroy this world knowing that their is someone else sharing their existence.

"I guess she can't remember, huh? Oh well! we can rename her!" Cheered Morning Skies. At once all the crystal mares joined together in the center of the room to converse about names.

"Come on no-name! we have to figure out a name for you!" Morning held out her shimmering hoof for the new comer to grab. The new comer tried very hard to remember her name, but it was completely forgotten now, left behind along with the rest of her memories, in the world of which she originated.

"Well..." said Evening, looking over the new comer with intent eyes. "She has such creamy fur, and her mane and tail are the exact same shade of chocolate! How about.... Cocoa? Maybe?" The little filly seemed to be trying really hard with this.

"Oh Oh Oh! I know I know! how 'bout swirly? She does have that creme swirl in her hair, it reminds me of hot chocolate, or a latte, or ma-" The jumping blue mare was silenced with a hoof shoved in her mouth. "Honestly Morning, you must contain yourself! you'll break something again." Spirit added something under her breath "or I'll break some of your bones...."

"I think we should put them together, I'm sure it would sound appealing to the King." Spirit looked directly at the new comer with those strange, dead fish like eyes. It startled her, how did she know she was right there?

"Cocoa Swirl? Well, sure. why not? And, who is this 'King' that you speak of?" The newly named Cocoa Swirl was given unsettled looks from her new mare friends. "What? Is something wrong?" Nopony answered her question, but a rapping at the door did. Crystal Spirit, being closest to the door, opened it to see a crystal guard.

"Has she arrived?" The guard pony looked over Spirit's shoulder to see Cocoa. "Bring her at once, she will be introduced to King Sombra right away." The guard beckoned her over as well as the other mares.

"Sir, who is this 'King Sombra' that you speak of?" Cocoa inquired. The guard whirled around to face her. "You don't know who King Sombra is?!" This pony looked stark raving mad! His eye's went wild.

"He is the great and powerful unicorn king, the all-mighty ruler of the frozen north, he is The King Sombra!!!" Cocoa took a step back. "Wow, this stallion really takes pride in his king" She thought. The guard took a step back also, taking a moment to compose himself.

"Sorry." He apologized, blushing to a pretty apple red. "I shouldn't have done that in front of His Majesty's maidens." Cocoa said that he was forgiven and they continued down their long walk down the corridor. what did he mean by His Majesty's maidens? It didn't make sense. The group arrived to there destination. It was magnificent, the throne room in which a enormous dark crystal throne was presented for all to see.

"Whoa..... just, whoa...." The words that Cocoa muttered pretty much summed it all up. Upon this throne of dark crystals sat a dark stallion, he had handsome features, a stoic position, and strange curved spiked horn, the tip was a bloody red. "He looks pretty threatening, better watch out!" She teased inside her head, she could tell a pony's personality just by looking at them, and she knew that there was something more to this handsome stallion than his title and dark expression. The dark one looked directly at her, his eyes where the same bloody red, with dark maroon slit pupils.

He gave Cocoa a devilish smirk that would of made any other mare swoon on the spot. The dark king gave a mighty leap and landed accurately in front of her, He had a death black mane that was surprisingly fluffy, it reminded her of a lions mane.

"Welcome, new one. I hope that when I summoned you, you weren't harmed in anyway?" He towered over her in an alarming height difference. She craned her neck to look him straight back in the eye's.

"It was extremely painful. Next time you summon somepony, make sure you don't almost kill them, you idiot!" Still fully remembering her visit to the place of no sound, she could remember the voice she heard, and it was a perfect match. Everypony in the room gaped at her in awe, if anypony spoke like that to the King of shadows, the cost would be their head.....or hell.

"How dare you speak to your king that way! King Sombra lifted a hoof to strike her, but she grabbed hold of it before it made contact.

"And how dare you, for almost striking a young mare, especially one that you've only just met!" She gave him a dagger like stare, she threw his hoof back at him. He gave a small chuckle that surprised everypony in the room, except Cocoa Swirl, who was still furious.

"Your brave, I'm surprised you even stood up for yourself. I like a mare who can be bold." He finished his sentence with another smirk, she noticed that he had fangs.

"And I'm surprised you have the audacity to strike a stranger, I ought to strike you for putting me through that much pain." She huffed. how can this stallion be so nonchalant?

"Well, some may call me the 'Tyrant King' but I would never ever strike a mare."

Author's Note:

Phew! My first chapter to my first Fanfiction is finally done!