• Published 4th Mar 2015
  • 783 Views, 27 Comments

Daughter of the Night and Darkness - PrincessLunaSara



Princess Stella, daughter of the night and darkness.

  • ...
5
 27
 783

Questions, Answers and a Celebration

Stella was only a baby when she last saw her father, and she wanted to find him. However she never mentioned it in front of her mother. Luna was over run with sadness when she had to banish Sombra, but Stella brought happiness back into her life. As the filly grew she had more questions for her family, and she wanted answers.

"Where is father?" Stella asked.

Luna fell silent when her little princess asked her that. So, she turned to her aunt and asked her the same question.

"Where is father?" she asked Celestia.

Not even her aunt would answer her, but every year on her birthday she would asked the same question. Soon, it was her seventeenth birthday and she asked it again.

"Where is father?" Stella asked.

"My dear, thine father left us along time ago," Luna answered.

"Finally, thou answers me," she said.

"Is there anything more that thou wants to ask me?" Luna asked.

"Why did father leave?" She asked.

"He was possessed by a dark magic, and he did not want to harm you and I," Luna replied.

"How did he become possessed then?" She asked.

"That we do not know," Luna replied.

"Canst thou say anything more of him?" She asked.

"Indeed I can," Luna replied.

Luna began to tell the story of Sombra. Stella listened closely gaining every detail she could.

"Mother, that story was romantic, yet dark and complicated," she said.

"I know, but we cannot let such times hold us back. It is your birthday celebration this night thou must dress up," Luna said.

"Yes, I will go prepare my self for the party," she said.

The bells soon rang as the sixth hour came upon Canterlot. Ponies and other creatures from all around the world came to the party, and they had just sat down to have their diner. Soon, Princess Celestia welcomed the guests.

"I welcome all of you to the seventeenth birthday of my dear niece, Princess Stella," she announced.

All of the guest began applauding as Stella rose up out of her seat and smiled. The music began to play, and everyone began to dance. Stella walked through the crowd talking with the guests. Then, her cousin and friends stopped to talk with her.

"Happy birthday!" They exclaimed.

"Thank you, I am so glad you are here," she replied.

"We would never miss thine birthday," Cyrus said.

"Unless something horrible were to happen," Kaytlyn added.

"Well, I certainly hope nothing horrible would happen," Brandon added.

"I hope not too," she said, "I will see you all on the morrow at the theatre."

"Bye," they replied.

Soon, a mare stopped her so they could talk.

"Happy birthday your highness," the mare said.

"Thank you very much," Stella replied.

"Thou art welcome dear," she said, " thou art a very pretty young mare, I am sure many colts have their eyes on you this fine evening."

"Oh why thank you," Stella said.

"How old art thou tonight again?" She asked.

"Seventeen," Stella answered.

"What doth thou like to do?" She asked.

"I mostly sing, it is my favorite activity to do. I also enjoy acting, reading and caring for animals," Stella replied.

"That sounds wonderful it was nice meeting you my dear," she said.

"And I you," Stella said.

To Stella, the part felt like it had been continuing for days as more guests wanted to meet her. She was beginning to get tired and bored. Finally, the part was over. She ran up to her chambers and fell asleep, not knowing that mare was a changeling. Queen Chrysalis wanted to know everything about the young princess, so she sent a spy to learn all she could. The question is, why?