• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 9,065 Views, 225 Comments

The Dragon Sage - Dragon Sage



Spike has remained young while everypony else ages. Is he destined to stay as a baby assistant forever? When Spike receives a letter from Princess Luna, he's faced with a difficult decision that will change his whole world.

  • ...
14
 225
 9,065

Deleted Scene: Shot Down

Author's Note:

As a reward for reaching 1000+ views, I present to you some scene that pulled on my heartstrings to write, but I had to redo it because it really wouldn't have fit in with the story.

This takes place in chapter 11: fashion thing. I wanted it to be dramatic, but It would be hard to make the twilight and spike story believable if he got shot down by rarity first. I found it better for him to simply realize the truth for himself. I find their relationship not to be very compatible or healthy for that matter. That said, I used to ship them too.

Thanks so much to all my readers for making this story so great.

As always, Thanks for reading.

DS

Spike remembered the conversation he had with Twilight before helping Rarity. The vision he saw during his test was surely difficult to endure, but he took comfort knowing that Twilight would be there for him. But if he truly wanted Rarity, he knew he’d have to make a move before somepony else does. He continued to blush as his heart jumped up into his throat, cough nervously.

“Is everything alright?” Rarity asked looking concerned.

“I . . . uh, I was just wondering . . .” Spike said and gave another nervous cough.

“Yes?” Rarity asked. She looked up at him with such beautiful eyes, he couldn’t help his heart from pounding. Now or never, he told himself and took a deep breath.

“Well, I . . . I’m bigger now so . . . is there a chance you would want to . . . go out with me sometime?” he asked quickly and nearly shut his eyes. Rarity blinked and cocked her head to the side. Her surprise did not last long as she sighed and looked up at the blushing dragon.

“Is this really the best time?” she said flatly.

“Well, not now! I meant after this mess is all over. I just thought, well . . . I really like you and--”

“--Spike,” she cut him off. “I’m so sorry dear, but you’re not the right one for me.”

Those words hung in the air and slowly circled his mind before wrapping around his chest and squeezing tightly.

“. . . and I’m not the right mare for you, either,” she added and offered a reassuring smile.

“What do you mean? You’re nice, you’re the most beautiful pony in Equestria, and you’re an element of harmony!” he said fighting back the squeezing sensation in his chest.

“Spike, let me ask you something. Do you like fashion?” she asked and gestured to her manikins with her hoof.

“What? Well, yeah. I’ve helped you out here loads of times,” he replied.

“Yes but do you really like it? Do you want to live in high society someday?”

“Well, if that’s . . .” he stopped. He already knew where she was going to take this next, and it hurt to hear.

“Spike, you’re only interested in those things because of me. If we were together, I’d drag you back and forth between ballrooms and manors and I know that isn’t where you want to be,” she said putting her hoof down.

“How do you know that?” he asked challengingly.

“Remember the Grand Galloping Gala? Where did you go then?” she countered.

“. . . to Pony Joe’s,” he reluctantly replied.

“Spike, your world and my world are different. That doesn’t mean we cannot get along well, but we both deserve people that love us not for what we are, but for who we are,” she said sweetly. The pressure in his chest continued to build as his hope slowly began to fade.

“But . . . I do love you for who you are. I have since the first moment I saw you” he said, his voice breaking slightly.

“And why is that?” she asked.

“Because . . . I thought you were the most beautiful mare I had ever seen,” he replied softly. He began breathing a little harder.

“That’s it then. You fell for me because of how I looked before you even knew my name. I’m so sorry, my dear Spike, but someday you’ll understand that what you felt was not love. I used to feel the same way about a number of colts in the past. Every time I got to know more about them, I realized that in order to win their affections, I had to become somepony I wasn’t. I will not allow myself to do something so reckless, and I’ll be dashed if I let you do it for me.” She put a hoof up to his face and caressed it gently. He fought to find comfort in her touch, but it only made him feel worse. Rarity frowned as she noticed how her words tormented him.

“I have to confess something as well, Spike,” she said and took a careful step back. “When you were young . . . well, before you went to Canterlot, I may have taken advantage of your feelings,” she said and looked down at the ground.

“So you did know?” Spike said softly.

“I thought that you had a silly crush on me, and I will not lie to you. It felt good to be admired. But I was reckless with your heart, and I’m so sorry for that,” she said and shied away from his eyes. He took a deep breath through his nose and let his lungs fill up completely before calmly letting himself settle and exhaling.

“That’s alright, Rarity,” he said softly. “I couldn’t hold a grudge against anypony.”

“So . . . you’ll forgive me?” she asked.

“Of course. And I’m sorry I brought this up while we are about to go fight off some possessed ponies. I just thought that it would be better to say something before doing something dangerous, because who knows if I’ll be able to afterwards?” he said and gave a weak smile.

“Well, you are very brave, Spike, and very wise indeed. You’re a very good friend to me, and you deserve a marefriend who can truly let you be yourself,” she said and patted his shoulders.

“Thanks Rarity. I guess I’ll meet you at the castle. I need to go speak to Knight Wing anyway,” he said and walked to the door. She thanked him again for his work and watched him walk slowly into the street, before taking off and soaring into the sky.

Comments ( 14 )

:unsuresweetie: Rarity you ninny , Spike was born in Canterlot, Schooled by Celestias staff,
He knows all the big names and bigger players-You goofed big time.

:raritystarry: Oh Skittles !
:rainbowhuh: Wut? that's my line

:twilightblush: Too bad you snooze you lose !

:raritycry: Noooooooooooooooo!

This. This is why in it's core, Spike and Rarity aren't meant for each other.

This chapter was uploaded on my birthday. Lol.

Because this story is a very good Spilight and the fact it kept me entertained for a day, I'll favorite and read the sequel, but please don't disappoint Mr. Sage.

This was a great story. Thanks for writing it. I can't wait to read the sequel.

This isnt really needed, but it was something that is appreciated so there would be some closure to it. I already knew from a previous chapter that this was going to happen, but a little assurance does go a long way for some.:raritywink:

6193262

I was actually channeling that scene when I wrote it. Congratulations for figuring that out. You win at something I'm sure.

This is honestly not a bad story. Something about it just doesn't feel quite complete to me, though. Not in the "this needs a sequel" sense - I noticed it already has one - but in the "this feels like a takeout from longer story" way. It both happens too fast and too slow at the same time. It's kind of a weird feeling.

I completely agree with you. Spike had to make this realization on his own. Not only it does make his love for Twilight more believable, it also shows his growing maturity. So good call on your part. However I liked the idea that Rarity had this constructive discussion with him on the matter. It shows that she indeed cares for him

>says I've read every chapter
>says I've put in my favorites

s2.quickmeme.com/img/26/264476d2588c8a3a8c6db005251434f2c63c7eaf5402752918719efcb70924bf.jpg

I honestly don't remember reading this.

This story has a romance tag on it is there any shippings I should be aware about?

8848197
Because I had just seen that episode at the time, probably. I was late coming into the new Doctor Who, or, rather, coming into Doctor Who at all, actually, and the only reason that I actually came into Doctor Who was because of the following series: Doctor Whooves Adventures; Doctor Whooves and Assistant; Doctor Whooves: Tales of Time and Space; The Adventures of The Doctor & Luna; Doctor Whooves The Great. Well, those along with a few fanfics. Such as; The Amazing Adventures of Spitfire and the Doctor; and I know there was one with Twilight being his companion, I just can't remember the title. Anyways...yeah. There's that.

"Warmonger", huh. I've heard many names that indicate the hate the parent has for their child, but I have never heard of such hate till I read his name. His parents clearly despised him the moment his sperm cell reach fertilize the Mother's egg and decided to give him a name that destined him to be evil.

Login or register to comment