• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 5,188 Views, 108 Comments

Derpy Meets The Doctor - Heavyhauler75622



The humble mailmare of Ponyville wakes up one day to go to work. A nice, normal, everyday sort of day...until that day, and her world, changed forever.....

  • ...
7
 108
 5,188

Epilogue: Saturday...

“‘John’ put the funds together, and had a second carriage house built. Derpy couldn’t bear to part with her grandfather’s barouche, from when he worked The Park in Manehattan just to make more room. Nor could she sell the moderate sized wagon she used for the maintenance of the property; which was actually fairly good sized, he discovered. The small barn held her other equipment, hayrake, team plow, a pair of carts, some other pieces nice to have for a moderate stead like hers. Rather than crowd her, he decided a small shop of his own would be best.

Derpy agreed.

A few weeks later, a second mailbox joined the first out front. This one also suspended a small sign: “Dr. ‘John Smith’, esq. (Formerly of Croupwich), Clockwork, Appliance and Electrical Repair. Engineered Devices. Scrap Merchant. Blue doors in back,” with an appropriate arrow pointing the way.

He smiled as he worked, setting the screws holding the sign’s chains. And as he worked, he softly sang along to the tune Derpy was humming, a smile on her face.

‘John’ had found out something amazing about being a pony. They liked to sing. A lot. He had a marvelous voice for it, but didn’t indulge it as a Time Lord. Too busy saving the ‘verse for that.

But somehow, the ‘magic’ in the air that supported Pegasi also did something for everypony, too. Get one to start up singing, and everypony nearby joined in, just like a show on the telly. And the words would pop into your head as you went along. He really didn’t know the words or the tune for “Smile, Smile, Smile”, but Derpy did. It was what she was humming. And now, so did he.

Invaders could take over the planet in minutes if they toted along a catchy enough, ridiculous polka tune. It had worked for parasprites well enough.

He set the last chain in place holding the sign, and then wiped the sweat off his brow, before it dragged itself into his eyes. Derpy sighed, watching him.

Always fiddling, she thought to herself. Always having to adjust or tweak or twiddle with something. At least in his own shop, he wasn’t so tempted to disassemble the record player inside the house.

Behind the carefully color matched blue doors, matched to another pair of blue doors on something else, the large front of the new carriage house held some of his gizmos, various things in stages of repair, and finished items waiting for pickup. The décor was a study of 18th to 19th century Earth. Damask wallcovering hung from the walls of the shop, which had chair rails and wainscoting in dark, somber woods. An impressive desk with a leather writing pad, lit by a single green-shaded desk lamp, provided a lovely workspace. Most every other vertical surface was buried behind stack upon stack of bookcases, with books from everywhere in the universe, though the ones customers could easily see were Equestrian in origin.

A tidy corner was furnished with a hat rack, (now properly repaired), draped with a meters-long scarf; both now standing next to a comfy old overstuffed chair, side table, decent lamp, and a pair of books.

In the back…nothing, except a large blue box…and a telephone, now adjusted to ring the one in the house, waited behind the door with the sign...

“Finished!” he proclaimed loudly, as he set the final screw. Dinky cheered as Derpy smiled.

“Hooray!” she shouted. “Mister Smith, Mommy and I have decided to take you to celebrate!”

“Oh? Why’s that, luv?” he asked happily. “New digs, eh?”

“That; and the record player is relatively safe, for now,” Derpy said, chuckling. “Besides, you now have your own place these days, too. I get some of that bric-a-brac of yours out from underhoof, you get a refuge. Win all around for everypony, so let’s go. You can take Mister Cake’s small hand blender with you and drop it off, since Sugarcube Corner is our destination. You could do with a touch of ice cream.”

She sat down, started fiddling with his tie. Straightening it out, she slid the knot back into place. He didn’t even blink, even when she gave him a gentle kiss on the nose.

‘John’ was undeterred. “I love Saturdays! We could do a bit of shopping, too. I may even see if Twilight Sparkle has a new book or two! That last; ‘Thaumaturgery for Dummies’, certainly helped. Bit loud, that silly yellow and black cover thing, though; makes you feel thick reading it. Still, Saturdays are the greatest,” he said, laughing at the lovely Grey Angel in front of him, the gentle twirling golden ponds of her eyes he loved so much as they took in him and the world.

“Don’t be surprised that Pinkie Pie wants to throw you another party now that you’re shop is done,” Derpy said warmly.

“Pinkie party!” Dinky cried, laughing.

‘John’ facehoofed. “That last “Welcome Home” party nearly did me in. Three days is a bit much for anypony.” He started to grin even more. “But, I suppose I can endure it…especially in present company.”

They went inside, the three of them, to get ready.


They made a wonderful day of it, Derpy and Dinky shopping for fresh food and visiting with everypony, lingering with Carrot Top and BonBon in their stores, where Bonny slipped a pair of wonderful smelling sacks into the little filly’s saddlebags. He stopped by Roseluck’s cart for a big dozen of those lovely peach roses Derpy loved, and paid for them with his own bits, handing Derpy the bouquet sheepishly, while Dinky bounced up and down with excitement. He then spent a decent amount of time with Twilight Sparkle, looking through books, then his slinking downstairs with her as the marefolk engaged with Rarity and Sweetie Belle, giving Twilight and him time to look at her instrumentality, as he tuned up things here and there with his Sonic Screwdriver, making suggestions, which Twilight took down.

Spike stuck his head downstairs. “Mister Smith? Derpy and Dinky are looking for you…”

Twilight smiled. “Well, ‘John’, looks like it’s time to go. Thanks for the help with my machines. Do you think I can find these parts in Fillydelphia or Manehattan?”

“If not, Princess, ring me up. I’ll see if I can throw some equipment together for you. Got some wibbly-wobbly things lying around in my blue box you can use, I’m sure.” He bowed, cheekily.

“Oh, you,” she said, as she hugged him. “I don’t know if you do that to be respectful, or a smarty-pants.”

“Probably a bit of both, Twi. Friends and all that. When Pinkie sets up, would you come by? And the rest? It’s nice to have all of you over. Warms my hearts, it does. Can you also drop a line through Spike to the Princesses, too?” he asked earnestly, as they walked up the stairs.

“But of course, ‘John’. Anypony else? You know Pinkie…if you don’t set a limit, everypony in Equestria able to come over will show up at your door. I’m sure you still need some privacy, correct?” she asked impishly.

“I leave it in your capable hooves, Princess. Derpy will probably ask Tavi, Vinyl, Lyra, Bonny, Roseluck and Carrot Top, and maybe some from work, like On Time. Me, I’ll stay with the Heroines, the Diarchy, and probably both of us will ask Discord. We’ll have to keep it quiet with Derpy’s friends, but no worries there. Hard to believe the story, regardless.”

“True. In any case, I’ll try to rein in Pinkie. I’ve had plenty of practice with that.” She smiled grandly, as they arrived on the main floor.

Derpy walked over to them. “‘John’, Rarity has some things Dinky and I would like to see, and I know how mare’s fashions bore you to tears. Want to take a walk in the park while we spend a few minutes? Then we can go to Sugarcube Corner after and have some ice cream and refreshments. I’ll take the mixer with me and drop it off at Sugarcube Corner while grabbing a corner booth to wait for you.”

“I can certainly do that, and thanks for it. Clothes can be rubbish. Have absolutely no idea what fashion is about. A little time in the park, a bit of sun…that would be lovely.”

Derpy smiled, delighted. “Oh, you’re wonderful! Go ahead and start that way…Rarity will take us over after she gets finished talking to Princess Twilight Sparkle.” She kissed his nose, as his eyes crossed watching her, blushing at the public affection. “We’ll be along soon.”

“Love you,” he said, as he left for Ponyville’s lovely little park. She smiled brightly, waving a hoof.


‘John’ walked to the gorgeous spot he liked best, seeing the fillies and colts at play, parents enjoying the lovely day, the couples spending time with each other. One interesting stallion caught his eye…the cool trench coat…

‘John’ looked over the stallion…and saw his own eyes looking back at him. He decided to calmly walk over to the nearby park bench and sit down. The Other also came over, taking the bench opposite.

They sat in that odd way Lyra did. Some things never quite change.

He was a few pounds heavier, and the fur had lightened slightly. The mane still sparked spikiness, though the roots had begun to fade a tiny bit. And the face…

‘John’ studied it. There were slight lines here and there; the most notable was a slight wrinkling at the corners of both the eyes and mouth. Smiling even more, the Other lounged a bit insolently, grinning at his younger counterpart. The tie was bright red, matching with the red Cons All-Stars on his rear hooves.

“’Ello, mate. Second thoughts?” the Other taunted.

“There’s too much, you know. Not just the Angels. What about the other things? Sontarans. Cybermen. And what if there are Daleks here? Gallopfrey existed once, here, like Gallifrey did in the other reality. What then?” asked ‘John’.

“You’ll do as we’ve always done. You’ll stand here, right here, look up and tell them that Equestria is protected, eh? That the Oncoming Storm still stands against the tide. And should that prove to not be enough, you’ll remind them…oh, yes, you will!” The Other grinned. “And, on those occasions, you’ll have that mare by your side, to also remind them why.”

“And when did we start to age? We’ve never aged before...”

“We’ve never sat still long enough to find out, have we?” The Doctor grinned, his fore hooves in his coat pockets. “How many of us have there been, ‘John’? And how long have we lived? You know the maths.”

“On the average? Each of us? ‘Bought a long eighty or so years…” The light came on. “…a lifetime…”

The impossible grin on The Doctor grew.

“A lifetime…” he whispered, repeating the words. He looked at The Doctor. “But you already know.”

I know, mate. But it’s still your decision, ‘John’. Always has been. True…one day, it’ll hurt, like nothing we’ve dealt with before. She’ll be gone, or we will, or perhaps if life is kind, together. We’ll regenerate, and there will be a hole, a hole nothing but time and strength on our part can endure. But you also need to know the other parts. Yeah…the monsters, the villains, and the despots; and the running, and all those ruddy corridors. Irritating gravel quarries. There’s also lovely quiet times, ‘Johnny’. Homework with Dinks. The fixing things for ponies. That lovely spot with our chair in the carriage house, reading. The Princesses asking for your advice. Hours of talking books and such, with Twilight Sparkle and your other friends.” The Doctor leaned in, conspiratorially. “The record player, ‘John’. Remember? You still want to know what makes it work. Oh, yes…the record player, whispering at you.”

“And Derpy?”

The Doctor somehow grinned even wider. “Spoilers, ‘John’. You have to take the next step to find out. Up to you.”

He stood up. “So?”

‘John’ stood up also. “So.”

“And?”

“Yes.”

“Sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Good.” He handed ‘John’ a small box. “Get all the friends together, have them watch Dinky. Give Luna a call, and ask if she would send her Nightwing Threstral carriage team to pull Derpy’s barouche for you tomorrow. The restaurant in Canterlot with that obnoxiously rude loudmouth head chef, the one who says ‘buck’ a lot. Eight O’clock. I’ve already made all the arrangements. And have Derpy handle the secondary flow console afterward when you ask the old girl for a nice spot; our Angel always has a fine touch with it. That old box will find the perfect place. Trust her. Trust them both.”

‘John’ opened the box. A diamond ring sat in it. And it glowed.

‘John’ sat down heavily. “A warp star.” He looked at his elder version, tears in his eyes. “Where?”

“Spoilers.”

‘John’ shuddered, wiped his eyes. He took a deep breath, squared his shoulders, then stood up.

“Right.” The Doctor gave him a once over, reached out, and skewed the tie, pulling it down slightly. “She ever figures this out, we’re done for, lad. Never let her know.”

‘John’ smiled. “Allons-y!!” he cried, as he walked down the road toward Derpy, and his future.

Home. But not alone. Not anymore.

The Doctor watched warmly as ‘John’ walked away, smiling. Fifteen years of memories jostled around in his head, each speaking their part, and then yielding the stage for another. He raised a hoof, waved at the retreating figure. The grin gained wattage.

“Allons-y, ‘Johnny’. Welcome to your greatest adventure.” He walked to the back of the park, pulling his key fob out. There was a chirrup, and the TARDIS appeared.

The door popped open with a well known squeek, and a very dear somewhat bluish grey, well, more grayish than bluish, or something, puckish face leaned out. He smiled at the right eye, the cuter one, he always said, as the gamboge colored orbs with a hint of apple green whirled around and focused on him.

“Are you finished, Dearest?” Derpy said. She was a bit older, too. But all he saw was a thirty-youngish something filly, an impish smile, and a simply brilliant mind. And he loved her with all of both his hearts.

“All finished. Where off to now?” the Doctor asked, still smiling.

“Time to go home, clever boy. Sparkler invited us to dinner. I think she has a fiancée to show us.”

“Oh, joy. Been dreading that. He’d better…”

Derpy laid a hoof gently against his lips. “Shhh. Tie.”

Derpy retied the tie, concentrating mightily, the tip of her tongue sticking out as she worked the knot. “No Oncoming Storm, Doctor. You behave. She’s your daughter; she has the wits. If she’s sure, give her the benefit.”

His face fell a bit. “Not even a little bit?” he asked, jokingly.

“No, Dearest. No frightening the greatest enemies of the universe looks. No burning planets in your eyes. He’ll be part of this family; that’s enough for anypony. Be good.”

The TARDIS key she had tied into her mane’s ponytail flickered and flashed in the slow decent of Celestia’s Sun, as she worked the cloth
He inhaled. Deeply. That exotic perfume he got her on Bernard’s Station; it had a way of latching on to the cortex. She slid the knot up into place, still smiling.

“Perfect.” Derpy continued. “And, since Dinky is back from college on break, she said she would watch Aurora for us. I think she misses her little sister. We can take a bit of time over at Sparkler’s.”

“But our friends! They were so looking forward to coming over. Even Luny promised to stop by for a bit.”

“And so they shall. After all, we have a time machine, right? Dinky is making dinner, with Bonny’s help. Maud and Trixie are helping getting the place set up. Bonny and Ly-Ly are bringing Iris; when she gets tired, she can sleep in the old crib in Aurora’s room. I’m glad we added the expansion to the house. Vinyl and Neon. Octavia and Concerto. All of the Six, both old and new. Starlight Glimmer is away visiting Sunset Shimmer, but she said they'll both come by if they can manage it, today, or more likely, tomorrow. Apple Bloom is coming by later, but Scootaloo is on her Wonderbolt tour right now. Sweetie Belle and Button had to beg off; she’s due any day now. Discord is bringing the drinks; not chocolate milk, either. Flufflepuff, Chryssi, and tacos, those miniature ones you adore so much as appetizers. Cadance and Shining couldn’t get away this time, one of the children came down with a cold, and they have to stay home. Cely is handling dessert, a cake from the Royal Bakery, as usual. Luna and Lionheart are coming, but she is on watch tonight, as usual, just in case. We can all visit together afterward.”

She turned around, started back in the door. The ring on her tail and its fiery diamond glowed.

‘John’ smiled. So many things changed.

He caressed the door, grinning like an insane pony. “Thank you, you mad, brilliant, old box, you,” he whispered. “Not where I wanted to go. Where I needed to go. Always a Saturday. I simply love Saturdays, good things always happen on them. Once more, dear friend, oh, yes. No. Friends. All of us. Together. Right, friends is better. Allons-y.”

He closed the door with a squeek, just as the TARDIS started to dematerialize.

Comments ( 57 )

@Heavyhauler75622...

91 000 words and a Complete story right out of the gate.

While I have yet to do a full read-through (marked for Read It Later currently), you automatically earn a Like and nod of respect from me, for the clear [time + effort] you have put into this fan-fiction.

Cheers.

5701867

This one has been a long time in coming. I started Derpy's story back in January, 2014, and through sheer persistence and want to tell the gentle grey Pegasus' story, managed it to today. Job, health concerns, all that sort of thing; but if I added a sentence or two here and there, I was at least moving forward.

And I detest unfinished stories. I'll never put up an incomplete one if I have any say about it. It's not fair to the reader, to be so emotionally invested in a character or character's lives, only to have to stop at the edge of the chasm, and never cross over. All of you do great service to me when you take your precious, finite time on this world, and give it to me, reading about these candy-colored ponies.

I thank all of you, from the bottom of my Crystal Heart...

Crystalheart

5701899

I detest unfinished stories. I'll never put up an incomplete one if I have any say about it.

I've seen many things on this site, read thousands of stories, seen hundreds of authors come and go, but you my friend, have done something amazing. With one sentence, One simple arrangement of words, have bypassed every other piece of it all, and now rest solely and entirely at the top of my Favorite author list.

5702121
That is an incredibly kind thing for you to say. I thank you.

Crystalheart

5702358
I just grew tired of everyone making fun of her...that imbecile thing. I commented so on my blog. And I decided to do something about it.

I made her kind, and loving, and courageous...and that was before all this started in "Derpy Meets The Doctor". Then I added brilliant and clever to that...a fit Companion to Doc Whooves...

How was I supposed to know they'd fall in love? *snicker*

"Derpy's Interview" is the companion piece...

Crystalheart

5702418
As I said on my blog, I simply adore Giant Pandas...
That "...remarkable..." quote. I tried very hard to capture Douglas Adams and "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" in the tone of it. He wrote an amazing book for me. I wrote that for him.

Crystalheart

I'm really glad I read this. I even don't mind how you handled the you know what. I've always hated the Angels. When you can fight, that's one thing. But if it's a waiting game, a game of staring? Yeah no, everyone else is bound to lose eventually. I like how you dealt with it.

Very good overall. I know it's supposed to be a short story, but I would love to read more of their story. How they got Amethyst perhaps and more. But I like to see beyond the 'they got together' parts anyways. Either way, good work. I may take a look at the other stories as well.

5709209
They are coming...I love writing for these two; especially playing Derpy against the usual mindset fans have of her. Adorkable, warm, loving; and a close relative of Goofy.
Naw.
Adorkable, warm, loving, lighthearted (usually), but very, very smart. Not magic smart, we already have one of those. Twilight can have the magic, and a little of the science. A real smart scientist type. I think.

Crystalheart

5710691

Dinky’s last one ran to three pages, mostly all notes of one kind or another, and the same one-half sheet with the actual grades on it. The school board wanted their say now, too. Probably an entire new page, 25% more weight for self-congratulations.

3 original + 1 from the school board, (probably) = 4 pages.
75% + 25% = 100%...the new weight, which is what she cares about.
Check: 100% (new total) - 1 new page (25% of the total) = 75% left (3 pages), which becomes the new weight.

I ran it by Derpy...she confirmed my math...:derpytongue2:

Crystalheart

5712328 yes, you add one. But compared to when there were 3, it's 133% heavier, therefore, 33%added... OK, I'll do more math. 3=100%. When you add one more, you add 1/3. 100/3=33.333333... 33.3...*4=133.33333, or 4/3, meaning one extra paper added. she says 25% MORE weight, meaning more weight than previously. It's really 33.3333%... whatever. Its not a big deal. But I'm fairly sure I'm correct.

What else can I say (or write in that matter)? I simply adore this story. It's so well written! Characters are deep and alive, we have slow and fast-paced moments, plot may be not so multi-threaded as I would like it to be but I'll let it pas. But I shouldn't say that so early in story I still have long way to go, still, anything can happen.

However, there are few things that I would like to point out. It's nothing major, just things that I always associate with our Old Doctor and other minor issues:
I. First of all, doctor is over nine hundred years old at this point of time. If I recall correctly you said that he was only seven centuries old (and it is said that 10th Doctor lived only 8 years or so).
II. Time Lords don't need to sleep like humans and ponies do. They'll manage with about 2 hours of sleep per day.
III. First chapter of this story was THE BEST. I don't know what happened but your performance dropped (only slightly) and it's shown in the text. We can see it during dialogue between Twilight and Luna in chapter five it's rushed for my taste. But it's only my opinion.
IV. I don't like when writer introduces to reader new character (OC or not) and just leave it after last dot in chapter to newer ever use him or her again. Maybe I'm a little bit old fashioned in that way but I think that if you used character once you need to use it again. Otherwise it is just few extra lines of text. I can gladly say that it's not the issue in this story. Not in long shot.

5723044
Relevant points, all...
I have to strike a balance between a George R. R. Martin description of the environment, and bare bones outline dialog. George can take an entire chapter describing a room, and the stories become pedantic. I did a lot of description at the beginning to get readers "In the Mood", so to speak, then pick up the pace a bit when we start rolling.

The sleep thing...I can't play up Luna's dreamwalker ability without sleeping ponies. I have need of her ability in this. And to emphasize his difference from those around him, I needed more than a nap.

I cheated his age ('John Smith') intentionally. May need to use him a lot. He's gonna be locked pretty much at this point with Derpy, but the Matt Smith version may, or may not, need that slack, too. Os may be a character in this in the future. Lots to look at with those two.

I'm assuming you're speaking of Lionheart. In Kkat's Fallout:Equestria, Lionheart eventually falls to balefire radiation, as well as Derpy. They become ghouls. Luna and Lionheart are not an item, (though there may be something to explore there), but in another story, (my Fallout:Equestria story), Lionheart and Derpy are by then. And that OC picture of mine, Crystalheart, is the protagonist. I like world building, and with very few exceptions, all the stories will relate, or relate as best I can, with each other. Derpy and Lionheart are part of that.

Crystalheart

What a great read, good job man

5746474
Thank You for the kind words...it really means a lot to an author when a story they share means a lot to the reader...

Crystalheart

5751152

It finally reached the castle, though there was a moment where the Guard thought somepony was on the train tracks. It moved off after the Guard turned to look for assistance, and when he turned back, it was gone. The Guard thought his eyes were playing tricks on him, and didn’t sound the alarm. It had managed to avoid any other observation until it reached the castle.

Oh, just wait...:pinkiecrazy:

Crystalheart

5751156
I adore Giant Pandas...I throw them wherever I can... :raritywink:

Crystalheart

Well, that was a fun ride. I do love this continuity, and seeing how it came to be was quite enjoyable. Thank you for it. Especially how Ditzy destroyed the Angel. If the eigenstate can't collapse, something has to.

5757186
SPOILERS!








Discord manipulated time outside of Derpy's perception by "backing up the clock", so to speak, allowing her to finish her route early. In this concept, Derpy is "moved" from one timeline to a new one. This left the prior line "open", and since there was no way to revise the line through scientific means, the events then led to The Doctor being introduced to Equestria.

Crystalheart

5758897
+1 to you for catching the Panda! :pinkiehappy:

Crystalheart

5817494
I put a Russian twist there with him...that grand smile of his, so bright and clear you can almost hear the *ting* from his teeth...until you looked into those eyes.

This bucker has caused the worst sorts in the entirety of Time and Space to shy away and round off as fast as they could gallop, fly, what have you, from his presence...'John Smith' is a loveable goofball; just ask Derps.

But when the smile ends at his eyes...


Crystalheart

5830480
I wrote it hearing him...some phrases came straight out of Star Trek: The Next Generation as Q...and his attempt to dimension shift actually had him appear that way once...
I love Giant Pandas...

Crystalheart

5831248
I see Derpy as very sensitive, due to her life with her amblyopia, and just a bit emotional at times. Her heart is always worn on her sleeve, as it were. A decent, loving pony, that bad things seem to happen to.

Crystalheart

5913713
Got those from the comic books...:raritywink:

Crystalheart

5925708
That came from Paleo Prints. A very convenient way to get the various names for our beloved wall-eyed mare in one semi-coherent group. He did a great story about Great Aunt Daring Doo that's a fantastic read...:derpytongue2:

Crystalheart

5966474
Everone has their concepts. If she's so perfect, why do bad things always happen to her?
That was a bit rhetorical. You can put every step exactly right in your life, and still fail. The measure of a person, or a pony, is whether you wallow in that failure...or pick yourself up, and try again...or if you can't pick yourself up, you crawl, and if you can't do that, you have someone to carry you.
I'm paraphrasing Cap'n Mal Reynolds, but that is the difference between failure, and success.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0zKB9TCwV8
This is the essence of MY Derpy...
Too bad you quit...you would have found out such "perfection" has its own price to pay...

Crystalheart

6099544
Keep reading...because it isn't what you think...

Crystalheart

6099760 Hey, nowhere near as bad with overdescriptions as George RR Martin... :facehoof: But, I don't mind at all! GoT is actually my favourite book series, so... yeah. :twilightsheepish:

6099808
I went ahead and clarified it, though...

Wouldn't do to have gentle readers confused...the situation is confusing enough!:derpytongue2:

Thanks,
Crystalheart

6099823 Good good, just finished this story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Love all those references you got going on, like Hitchiker's Guide. Loved it. :twilightsmile:

Definitely needs a sequel. Maybe Colgate appears?

Oh...my...GOD THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING DOCTOR WHO/DERPY STORY I HAVE EVER READ IM CRYING FROM HAPPYNESS PLEASE MAKE MORE STORYS I LOVE EM MATE INFACT I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW but I won't cause first off I'm not like that sevens off I'm kinda like most likly far FAR away and plus just no I'm sorry I really like no LOVED the story I'm a big doctor who fan an even more with the derpy and doctor ones so yeah I've always wanted to see them in a lovey dovey thing now I've seen it and it had marriage in it just just beautiful just absolutely beautiful great job:pinkiesad2::derpytongue2:

6242920
Wow...!

Thank You so very much! You're exactly who I wrote that story for, (and me, I won't lie...)

I got mad about how everyone makes her into somepony stupid...she's not stupid...

She's loving, means well, and tries hard...just like in Episode #100...

And even after that AMAZING bit of work...you could say that Episode #100 just made her even better, Thanks, Tabitha, for giving her her voice back.

PS...the two of them do cameos in my other stories...ask Rarity...

Crystalheart

6489464

The question then becomes...

If you're trapped in an Angel's alternate past...and it dies, somehow...can you be saved from that alternate past?

I said yes, so we got everyone back.

But if being able to locate the alt reality is dependent on the Angel being alive...could the Angel somehow intervene at a different time and throw a new paradox in the mix...?

You can literally drive yourself crazy trying to figure all this stuff out.

Crystalheart

PS: Thanks for adding this story to your Favorites!

6571438
Glad you enjoyed it!

Crystalheart

»Heavyhauler75622 That story brought me to tears and joy and so much more you are truly are amazing! :derpytongue2:

one word: amazing
and it also is the 100 story in my doc x derpy bookshelf

6574161
Awww...thanks!
You people are the best...I mean that. I write these things for you...

Crystalheart

6579529
I'm very honored to have met your expectations in regard to our candy-colored friends. The most precious thing you have is your time...so I want to make sure you get a good ride for it when you give it to me...

Thank You!

Crystalheart

>>Heavyhauler 75622 then you certainly have a talent. And I wish you amazing luck on the rest of your stories :twilightblush::twilightblush:

6580725
I appreciate that greatly!

Crystalheart

This story needs a sequel. Please make one. I'll even helonwhere ever I can.

6900745

There actually is one...

In true Doctor Who fashion, "Derpy's Interview" is a follow-on to "Derpy Meets The Doctor", though in reality, it was written first...

Crystalheart

7266910
Luna is attempting to deal with horrifying and terrifying images and emotions; a series of events being evoked in her own mind as she deals with 'John's' nightmare. My Luna carries a very high empathic quality; something we've seen countless times in the series.

The split personality of Luna/Nightmare functions on a delicate balance. Luna is in acendancy now; the bright moon in control. But always, the dark moon lurks, waiting for the unguarded moment to take posession. And it is a posession, a powerful one. The fight between Twilight and Starlight Glimmer showed how dominating the Nightmare is when it gains the upper hand.

The Doctor has issues of almost inconceivable depth and breath. To an empathetic individual, such issues would overwhelm the psyche and character of the individual being exposed to them. And the Nightmare will take advantage of any weakness...

That's what 'John' deals with. And Luna, for a fleeting moment, took that horror on her own back. With predictable consequences.

People, and ponies, naturally bestow affectionate diminutives upon each other as circumstances and friendships develop. AJ is the pony that seems to do it the most. Luna is no different; she has a intimate affection for everypony as a dreamwalker, and would certainly be one to follow suit as she becomes more acclimated to her new circumstances. Celestia herself uses less formal address depending on the situation; stories would be heavily pendandic if Celestia always said, "Princess Twilight Sparkle" every time she told a joke to Twilight. Luna would see that, and adapt accordingly.

HTH,

Crystalheart

7269481

One can infer that the evocation of the Nightmare is a fixed time point. We have had at least two stories where the plot includes this particular scene in it...

As for Discworld, I've never seen or involved myself with it. I just went with an idea. Writers have many ideas in common. In fact, a whole list has been made detailing ideas; the TV Trope list.

It's what you DO with the idea that counts...

Crystalheart

NOOO!! It's over?!?! BUT IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!

:moustache:

7508221

Why, Thank You!

I pick on Derpy a lot...probably more than I should. I seem to have an affinity for Tabitha St. Germaine's characters. I've written for Derps, Moonbutt, and Rares, and they're my go-to ponies; They're also my #1 Background, #1 Princess, and #1 Mane Six...

The hardest is AJ. I'm getting better with her, but for the longest time, "Appuls and Honesty, hurdurhurdurhurdur..." were the hardest handles to grab. She's a great supporting, though.

I try to do world building; you can see how the stories, (except the more specialized one-offs ) tend to relate to each other.

Try, "Heart of the Dress" next...

Crystalheart

7509283 Will do!! Also my brother would probably agree with you on all accounts with tabbitha!

:moustache:

Login or register to comment