• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 898 Views, 10 Comments

Forever Alone... - Sky Melody



Luna wakes up one day and finds herself back on the moon. She doesn't know how or why she's here. She can only hope...but sometimes that's not enough.

  • ...
5
 10
 898

Why me?

The moon was a dark place and the greyness of it went on for seemingly ever. There were no trees, no life and there was no colour. Just grey.

Luna slowly opened her eyes and they widened in horror. “What? Why am I back here?” Luna thought out loud. Earlier that day, she had been eating cake with her sister and looking after Philomena. Now she was on the barren wasteland of nothing but grey and the occasional rock or stone.

“At least I have the stars,” She glanced up.

The sky was even more barren than the moon. There were no specs of gleaming perfection like there usually were. There were no galaxies in sight, with their bright colours and mystical glowing rivers, all swirling and weaving together to create some of the greatest beauty in the sky. There was nothing but black.

She stared at the sky and her lip quivered. “W-where are the stars?” She asked nopony in particular as a knot began to form in her throat. “T-this has to be a prank. Nopony would take the stars,” In the distance she could see a large pile of rocks. “Everypony is probably over there.” She started to trot over to the large pile of stone, her trot turning into a gallop, as she desperately looked for any sign of life.
She climbed over the pile…and there was nothing. Just more grey.

Maybe I was banished again?

“No, no my sister would never send me back here. She wouldn’t, she said so herself, I’m her little sister. She wouldn’t leave me…would she?” Luna slowly turned and looked around.

There was nothing. No sign of life anywhere, the grey eventually turned into blackness and the blackness turned into the horizon.
She turned around some more, faster and faster with each turn, spinning and spinning until she fell on her haunches from dizziness.

“I’m sure this is just a dream. Any moment now, I’ll wake up and be back in my bed in the castle,” She closed her eyes. “I’ll be wrapped up all warm and cosy in my bed, with my head resting against my star-shaped pillows and my dark blue duvet and blankets covering me up. I’ll have my hot water bottle against my side keeping me warm and a cup of hot chocolate on my bedside table. My first soft pony toy, Mr Squiggle Moony, will be in my arms and the cool breeze will be brushing against my face and head and everything will be good and alright,” She smiled. “And then, Celestia will come in and say goodnight like she always does before giving me a hug and then going to bed.”

She opened her eyes, and was greeted with the darkness of the moon, she sighed.

Luna laid down flat on the hard, rocky, cold surface and shivered slightly as there was no sun to warm her. “I don’t remember it being this cold,” She muttered, as she wrapped her mane and tail around her to try and keep warm.

“This has to be a dream. Yes, that’s it, a dream…No a nightmare! This is just a bad dream and I can definitely wake up from one of them,” She looked up again and rubbed her eyes, making sure she wasn’t imagining the stars not being there. She wasn’t.

“All I have to do is close my eyes and count to ten and then I’ll be back where I belong,” She closed her eyes. “One…two…three…four…five…six…seven…eight…nine…ten,” She opened her eyes and it was still there, the abyss.

“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten,” She counted faster and tried to keep her composure as a knot in her throat formed.

She felt her heart speed up and her breathing quickened. “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!” Nothing happened.

“ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE, TEN!” She cried out, helplessly. It was useless.

“Wait, I have magic, and wings,” A tiny bit of hope crept up on her. She flapped her wings…and nothing happened. She aimed at the rocky land, and tried to fire a beam of magic out. Nothing happened.

“W-what?” Her eyes widened and she shuddered.

“I…I-I can’t b-be here again! T-this wasn’t meant to happen. There has to be some mistake! Why? Why me? What did I do?” A single tear rolled down her cheek. She curled up into a ball and wept for ages, eventually crying herself to sleep.

“Luna! Are you alright?” Her sister called out to her.

“Whuh?” A sleepy Luna answered as she sat up and rubbed her eyed. The door slammed open and her sister came running in. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realised Luna wasn’t hurt.

“Oh, Lulu,” She sighed. Spread out in front of her was Luna, wrapped up in her duvet covers, on the floor. “I think somepony just fell out of bed,” She smirked slightly. “Are you alright, Lulu?” She addressed her sister by her nickname.

“Yeah, I’m quite fine Tia. I guess I just moved around a lot in bed and this happened,” She grinned sheepishly as she thrust her hooves out in different directions, trying to free herself from the covers. She groaned and tried to stand up, only to fall and land directly on her face, next to Celestia.

Celestia chuckled and used her magic to lift her sister, duvet in toll, in front of her face, and saw an unpleased Luna stare back at her. “You sure you don’t need a bit of help, Lulu?”

“Okay, I might need a little bit of help,” Luna replied. Celestia gently placed her sister back on the floor and began to help her escape from the prison that was her bed covers.

Once she was freed Celestia, put the covers back on her bed and smiled at Luna, before giving her a friendly hug. “Goodnight, little sister.”

“Goodnight Tia,” Luna climbed back into bed and watched Celestia exit her bedroom and shut the door behind her.

Luna’s eyes fluttered open and she slowly stood up, taking in her surroundings. She was still on the moon. No Celestia, no warm bed, no duvet, no nothing.

Her voice croaked slightly as tears started freefalling down her face, “B-but, I…I- was that all…a-a d-dream?” She shuddered and screamed out loud, “Why me? Why me?! WHY MEEEEEEE?! I don’t want to be here I don’t deserve it! Celestia! Celestia, where are you!?” She frantically looked around for her sister, a small puddle formed underneath her on the floor, from all the tears. All she wanted was to be with her sister, so she called, and called, and called.

But it was no use. Celestia never came. She was alone…

Author's Note:

My first Luna fic! I hope you enjoyed it, as always, if you notice any mistakes please tell me and any improvements as well! Thanks :D

Comments ( 10 )

This is adorable in some parts and also sad! I LURVE IT :heart:

5681328 Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed and that it was actually sad :)

Oh goodness that broke my heart! :fluttercry:

:fluttercry: Thanks for reading!

Poor Luna :(

Nice - added to Sad Luna.

This was... pretty okay. You at least have a decent writing style and fair conventions. However, I feel like this story is just forcing me to be sad, instead of letting my emotions speak for themselves. Also, this may just be a nitpick here, but when I read Princess Luna's dialogue... I did not read it as her. But, that could still just be me being weird. Overall, your story isn't that bad.

P.S. Nice attempt at the cover art. Not too bad. :pinkiesmile:

5996274 thanks for reading :twilightsmile:yeah, I do kinda agree with you on that, this was written a couple of months ago and definitely isn't my best work :rainbowwild:

Thanks, I'm not too good with ms paint :twilightsmile:

5996285 Heh, that's okay. But, I'm sure I may see at least a subtle difference at one of your newer stories, "Ascending". :twilightsmile:

5996291 I hope so :twilightsmile:I think I'm better at writing longer multi chapter stories than one-shots personally

Login or register to comment