• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 10,583 Views, 911 Comments

The Completely Normal Pet of Spike the Dragon - DauntedSuperior



Spike, in his spare time that seemed abundant in the past few months, has been keeping a secret from Twilight. That secret's name is Scruffy, the completly normal, mundane, and in no way special, little black kitty... If only that were true.

  • ...
22
 911
 10,583

Something Else to Worry About... Later

Spike and I made our way through Ponyville and towards the tree castle at the edge of town. The whole time though I had my chest puffed out in pride as everypony wanted to say something about my suit.

For me it was great. For Spike who was trying to get us back so we could get a bite to eat from Chef, not so much, ‘Not my fault all the mares like a sh-’

My thoughts were interrupted as a sudden chill went down my back. Sleek was nearby.

I twisted and turned my head looking for the unicorn, but even as the feeling got worse I couldn’t see any sight of her. Spike had stopped as I started moving on his head to look around.

As my eyes scanned the crowd the chill increased in intensity. She was getting closer, but still no sign.

“What’s wrong Scruffy?” Spike asked.

His question went unanswered as I caught sight of a particular pony and my fur stood on end. It was a stallion with beige colored fur, a sunny yellow mane, and an expensive looking outfit. He was sitting at a table, talking to Rarity.

Spike seemed to follow the direction my body was facing as he turned to look at what I was seeing, “Oh, that must be the new stallion of the week.” judging from the head motion, Spike rolled his eyes, “They never turn out any good. Rarity pours out her heart and soul to them and they leave her a few dates later.”

‘So she does the same thing over and over again and expects different results?’ I thought as Spike stared at the two from the side of the road, ‘That's the definition of insanity... How do I know that?’

After shaking my head to toss the question into the ‘Don’t Care’ box of thoughts, my dragon owner sighed, “You know, the first time she had a date like that I ended up making a fool out of myself. Pointed out his awful personality and tried to convince Rarity she could do better.”

The purple dragon chuckled a bit before turning back on to our course, “After the resulting punishment, which I got even when he did exactly what I said he would, I realized Rarity would have to find out on her own.”

As we moved passed a couple more ponies on our way to the castle, a thought struck me, ‘Wow, he's actually being mature abou-’

“Twilight also said if she got another complaint about harassment from one of Rarity’s special somponies that she would burn my comic collection.”

‘That explains it.’

Just as the castle came into view, I remembered the reason I had stared at the couple to begin with. Though Spike’s story had suppressed the chill I scolded myself for... Actually I couldn’t really do anything if I wanted to.

Attacking would have gotten me in trouble. Hissing would have only raised questions that I couldn’t answer. Spying on him could work, but I would just be confirming my feeling and I’d be back at square one.

With a sigh at my inability to do anything, the doors to the tree castle were opened by Spike and we walked in just as Twilight blinked into existence, “Oh, afternoon Spike.”

“Hey Twilight. How was the meeting?” Spike asked making Twilight deflate a bit.

“Don’t talk about it.” she groaned as she caught sight of me, “Oh my gosh! That is so cute!” just like my ego, Twilight raised me up and off of Spike’s head, “You look like a little Con Mane.” to top it off I let out a little meow.

‘I’m going to assume that's some kind of spy or famous actor.’ I thought to myself as Twilight ‘daww’ed at me.

“Yeah, Rarity spent hours creating outfits for Scruffy. When she was done she gave them to Scruffy.” Spike said as Twilight started to giggle.

“That sounds like Rarity. Can I see him in a few of them?” Twilight asked as she sat me down on her back.

“Actually, I got to go meet up with the others at Sugarcube Corner so here.” Spike lifted up the bag to Twilight and she took it with her magic, “All his outfits are in there. Wish I could stay to see them again, but I’ve got ghosts to hunt.”

“Oh, alright Spike.” Twilights said a little saddened as he walked back into town, “Try and help AJ and Rarity look after the crusaders and never leave their sight.” she called after him.

She let out a sigh as we turned back into the tree castle thing. Something that I never noticed till that moment was just how soft the spot was between a pony’s wings. If Twilight had not started talking while we moved, it would have been night night kitty.

‘Gotta stay awake, gotta help Spike.’

“Let’s see what kind of outfits you’ve got.” she said with a giggle as I started to plan my escape route, “Is this a dress?” and my plan went out the window as she lifted me up with her magic.

“I can’t believe Spike let her put this on you.” Twilight levitated up a pink dress with a bunch of white frilly stuff on the seams.

‘I was lost in the rush, you can't judge me.’ I thought as she began to move through the castle.

“I’ll separate these and then we can dress you up in a few of them before I have to talk to Sleek about my schedule for the coming few days.” a chill went through me as she said the evil one’s name, “If everything goes well you might be seeing me a bit more after tomorrow.”

‘I think I'd like that...’ I thought as I started to really get comfortable between her wings.

We continued through the castle in comfortable silence. Despite my best efforts I was being lulled to sleep by the soft rocking motions as Twilight continued onwards. Soon my eyes became heavy and I slipped into sleeps comforting embrace...

‘Crap...’

Author's Note:

I'm not cutting the Everfree castle scene, I'm making that clear now.

Be sure to comment. :pinkiehappy: