• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 10,544 Views, 911 Comments

The Completely Normal Pet of Spike the Dragon - DauntedSuperior



Spike, in his spare time that seemed abundant in the past few months, has been keeping a secret from Twilight. That secret's name is Scruffy, the completly normal, mundane, and in no way special, little black kitty... If only that were true.

  • ...
22
 911
 10,544

I Don't Like This Pony... No-Wait, I Love This Pony

Ponyville. For days I could make fun of that name, but it was a nice town. Shortly after lunch, Spike had led me out of the tree castle and started the grand tour of the small village. With me on his head with my claws dug in, I got a good view of everything.

Unfortunately, or fortunately since I probably wouldn’t remember it, we were interrupted a little over three minutes into the tour, “Spike! Who is this adorable little kitty?” the voice made Spike stop in front of a place called ‘Quills and Sofas’...

‘These names are absolutely ridiculous.’ I thought as Spike turned to look at the speaker.

She was a marshmallow white unicorn with an awesome looking mane and tail. Seriously, her tail looked like a giant spring that I could stretch out and it would just go back to the same way once I let go. Her mane though, the curls looked like something that I could just hit repeatedly and watch curl back up.

The unicorn also gave off a very relaxing presence, like Twilight, or Fluttershy before the first Stare incident of course, ‘She was so seemingly innocent back then.’

“Oh, h-hey Rarity.” Spike started, getting me out of my thoughts, “This is Scruffy. I’m showing him around Ponyville today.”

With but a glance at her with my little kitty eyes, it was over, “Daww, he’s such a cutesy wittle kitty. Why I remember when Opal was that little and she was just adorable!”

‘Where have I heard that name before?’ I thought as Rarity continued talking.

“I remember she would make the most adorable sounds to try and get something she wanted.” ‘Shut up shut up shut up shut up!’ “Why don’t we get the two together for a playdate, hm?”

“Yeah...” Spike said a little slowly for some reason before quickly saying, “I-I mean, yeah sure, sounds like a great idea.” with my claws dug in I leaned over to look at his face. He was smiling pretty wide for some reason.

“How does tomorrow around two thirty sound? I should be adequately rested from Sweeties Belle’s little venture tonight.” ‘That's where I heard the name Opal, Sweetie. This must be her sister... wait, Sweetie has a second part to her name?’

My little dragon friend seemed super happy at this for whatever... reason... ‘Oh please no...’ “Hey, I’m going with them too, even Scruffy’s coming with.”

A large gasp came from Rarity, “You’re taking such a cute little kitty to the Everfree! Spike how could you!?”

With that little dramatic outburst half the ponies on the street stopped and looked at the three of us... well, more specifically Spike. One shouted sentence with a follow up question and I hated this mare.

“Wait-wait, they didn’t tell me it was in the Everfree! I would never take Scruffy in there!” Spike shouted... ‘I’m gonna have to sneak behind him all the way there, aren't I?’

Whatever ponies weren’t looking before were now. From my spot on Spikes head I was able to see all of them staring at us and, not gonna lie, it was starting to freak me out. I’m very easily trampled and I didn’t know if they would stampede.

Looking back at the two, Rarity was looking slightly apologetic, ‘Uh uh, you're gonna have to do something big to get my forgiveness for embarrassing Spike like this.’ I thought as the unicorn finally seemed to notice the attention around them.

She looked around and cleared her throat, “Nothing to see here. Just a misunderstanding.” this seemed to satisfy a good few of the ponies as they went back to work. Still a few looked after us as we made our way out of the crowded streets and towards a building.

The place looked like one of those carousel rides at a fair or carnival. It was ridiculous looking, but it does grab one’s attention. If the pony mannequins in the window were anything to go by then it was a fashion shop.

When Rarity opened the door a small bell rang, “Spike I am so sorry for causing that little scene out there.” the unicorn said as she walked into the room.

“Oh, it was nothing Rarity. It was just a misunderstanding like you said.” Spike said happily.

‘Oh no-no-no.’ my claws dug into his tough scales as I leaned down to look at his face. Sure enough, it looked like that of a love struck idiot, ‘Oh crap...’

From what I could make out in my head, as Rarity started talking about something, was that Spike, was in a bad situation. He was crushing hard on the elder sister and the younger had a crush on him... ‘Please let me be over reacting please let me-’

I kept repeating that in my head as the two of them talked about some sort of fashion thing. After getting bored of that real quick, my surroundings finally seemed to draw me in as there were a lot, of shiny things. I barely controlled myself.

First thing I noticed, everything looked really neat and clean. The second thing, Spike was in no way paying attention to what Rarity said. To confirm this, I used my claws to dangle slightly on his head and waved my paws in front of his eyes.

He didn’t respond in the slightest. This crush was bad.

Sadly, my paws weren’t made for snapping, so I had to improvise. I dug in my back claws and leaned in front of Spike’s eyes. I gave a small meow to try and snap him out of it.

Instead of snapping Spike out of it though, another meow echoed mine. The tone was soft, yet alluring. It made me look up from my spot on Spike’s forehead and see her.

Across the room was another cat, this Opal they kept talking about if I were to guess. First off, her little bow of a hair do was stupid looking and I didn’t like the lime green of her eyes. Reminded me too much of Sleek.

If I was a little bit older though I would so- ‘Mind out of gutter!’ myself screamed at me mentally. I shook my head to clear it and climbed back on top of Spike, ‘Gotta get Spike out of here.’

“Scruffy wouldn’t mind at all.” Spike said happily, drawing my attention to the current conversation. On the other side of the room, Opal raised an eyebrow in confusion at me before walking away with her nose held high.

‘Wow, stuck up-whoa!’ Spike suddenly picked me up off his head and brought me over to the little platform Rarity was by.

“Are you sure he won’t tear anything up? Anytime I try to do this with Opal I either get scratched or she shred’s the clothes. Sometimes both and only one time neither, but Fluttershy was present that day.” Rarity said as Spike sat me down on the stage.

“Scruffy is a good kitty. I’ve never once heard of him attacking any pony.” Spike put emphasis on making anypony two words. That made it true as Angel is not a pony, but I’ve attacked him, and vise-versa, on multiple occasions.

Rarity seemed hesitant for whatever reason. Just because I didn’t like what she did to Spike earlier didn’t mean I was going to attack her out right. She seemed to finally conceded to whatever Spike and her had been talking about.

The unicorn put on a smile and got a fierce look in her eyes, “Alright then. Let’s make Scruffy the most well dressed kitty in all of Equestria.”

My eyes lit up and I started purring without my knowledge, ‘I love this pony.’ I thought as Spike was the first to notice the sound, “Wow, he usually only purrs like that when I scratch behind his ears.”

His words were lost on me though as I couldn’t stop thinking about what I was going to get to wear, ‘What's it going to be! Stylish pirate hat, or maybe some sunglasses? Indiana Jones outfit, or a James Bond tux? A leather N7 jacket might be hoping for a bit much, but as long as there's no pants, I don't care!’

Author's Note:

Sorry for the update being so late in the day, but I got caught up watching an Indiana Jones movie marathon. It's still today though. :pinkiehappy:

Be sure to comment!