• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 10,583 Views, 911 Comments

The Completely Normal Pet of Spike the Dragon - DauntedSuperior



Spike, in his spare time that seemed abundant in the past few months, has been keeping a secret from Twilight. That secret's name is Scruffy, the completly normal, mundane, and in no way special, little black kitty... If only that were true.

  • ...
22
 911
 10,583

Just Like Spies

‘And then she flew out the window and I haven't seen her since.’ I finished with my audience looking at me on the floor.

“Wow, an all that went on while we was lookin fer each other?” Apple Bloom asked.

“And they’re the reason I was stuck in a hole for a over an hour?” Spike asked, having already gotten mad at me earlier for scaring him after I had just got my powers. Sweetie Belle had also gotten mad at me for leaving her sister, but for some reason only brought it up after I talked about how I scared Spike.

‘Yep.’

“Then what are we waiting for!” Scootaloo shouted as she stood up on her bean bag chair, “Let’s go warn Rainbow Dash before it’s too late!” she took off towards the door.

“Rarity’s gonna flip when I tell her about Ray!” Sweetie Belle right beside Scootaloo while Apple Bloom seemed just as determined despite only nodding in agreement.

“Stop!” Spike shouted louder than both of them. I was thankful because he saved me the trouble.

With the three little fillies stopped in there tracks right in front of the door I started to explain, ‘We can't just go after them like that. We got to play this smart while we still got the element of surprise.’

“But Rarity-”

‘Is going to be fine Sweetie.’ I finished, ‘From what Spike told me, Ray has been around for a while now. If he wanted to hurt Rarity I'm sure he's had plenty of chances.’

“That doesn’t exactly make me feel any better.” Sweetie complained.

“Or me.” Spike muttered.

“But what about Red? You said she was about ready to attack Rainbow Dash right then and there. Doesn’t that mean we should at least warn her?” Scootaloo complained as she hopped on one set of hoofs to the other, her eyes darting between the door and myself.

‘They wouldn't dare throw away an entire plan just because one of them has anger issues.’ I said firmly as I tried to think of a way to stop them from crying wolf, ‘Then there's also the fact that the girls have saved the world a couple of times so I think they could handle themselves if something bad happened. Right?’

“Well... yeah, of course Rainbow could kick Red's butt if she tried anything. There’s no question about that.” Scootaloo turned from the door to face me, Sweetie Belle still looking hesitant, and Apple Bloom just had her eyebrow raised.

‘From what Spike's told me, they can all take care of themselves.’ I looked back to Spike to see him nodding before I continued, ‘As it is, if you three ran off to just shout at them 'so and so is evil' they'll just deny it. We need to figure out a fool proff way to prove they're evil... Does anypony, or drake, have such a plan?’

The three fillies sat down, each putting one of their hooves to their chin in thought.

...

...

... The silence said everything. We had nothing. No one was going to listen to three fillies, a baby dragon, and a dark magical kitten. I’d probably be blamed for something considering dark magic’s apparent reputation.

Scootaloo raised her hoof, “I got it! What if we capture one of them and force them to tell us their plan?”

Spike seemed really excited, “Ya! I could-”

‘I hate to interrupt, but we can't do that.’ Spike looked down at me, ‘If we can't get one of them to talk, then we've blown our cover, I'll probably be under constant watch by the princesses, and nopony would believe anything we have to say afterwards.

‘That's only if we can capture them anyway. Imagine if we don't get as lucky as we were the other night. We could be captured and they could spin any story they want and the girls would probably believe it. We just don't have enough infromation to make a good plan.’

“So what do we do then!?” Sweetie Belle exclaimed with some annoyance.

“Yeah, it sounds like ya jus’ given up.” Apple Bloom said next with her eyes narrowed.

“No we’re not.” Spike said before I could before looking towards me, ‘We're not, right?’

The telepathy caught me off guard, for a second before I nodded my head, ‘No, we're not giving up. What we need is information, but we can't tail them all the time. We'll have to spend more time around the girls, but the last thing we want is to do anything that could draw attention to ourselves.’

“So, like spies?” Scootaloo asked, reminding me I was speaking to a group of children.

‘... Sure, just like spies.’ my ear twitched as Spike started to chuckle, ‘What’s so funny?’

“I was just thinking of the look on Twilight’s face when we prove Sleek, Ray, and Red we’re evil all along.”

Sweetie’s hoof shot to her mouth as she held in her own laughter, “Rarity is probably gonna faint.’

“Rainbow Dash will finally see just how cool we are!” Scootaloo stated next.

Apple Bloom smile widely, “And my sis will finally stop gettin inta that random really protective mood!”

I raised an eyebrow at their antics, but smiled none the less. They were just children after all, so I let them have their moment. For the time being I pushed my thoughts of how this could go horribly wrong away and looked at the group I was now a part of. They were adventurers through and through, exactly like the few heroes I could remember.

Yet, at the same time, I got a feeling that what I was looking at, what I was a part of, wasn’t just another group of heroes, but a legend in the making.

I blinked as someone snapped their claws in front of me, “Scruffy, ya coming?”

‘What? I zoned out.’ I looked around the now empty room as I heard the sounds of hoof steps fading in the distance, ‘Where did the others go?’

“The others took off for the farm to try and get some lunch and said to meet back here tomorrow at noon. They needed the rest of the day to get ready for their sleep over.” Spike started to scratch the back of his head, “I guess we got the rest of the day to do anything we want.”

I jumped up onto Spike’s shoulder before answering, ‘We’ve got three things we could do. First we could look around for a secret underground base, second we could go and check and see if the Immortal Spider Queen has woken up yet-’

“Let’s not do that one.”

‘Agreed, but I don’t know if they are going to come get us or not, so we might have to go back there sometime.’ I answered as we walked out of the building, ‘Lastly we could spend the rest of the day winding down from the long string of stuff that’s happened since yesterday.’

“Definitely that last one. I could totally go for some ice cream right now. I know this cool place right around the corner from Bon Bon’s candy shop, they actually have gem flavors!” Spike smiled as he reached behind himself and held up a hefty bag, “I’m buyin.”

I smiled, ‘Spike, you had my vote at ice cream.’

Author's Note:

Time for another update frenzy, two days later than I thought it would start :twilightoops:... oh well. I've already established I suck with time frames. So sorry about that. :twilightsheepish:

Be sure to comment! :pinkiehappy: