• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 10,583 Views, 911 Comments

The Completely Normal Pet of Spike the Dragon - DauntedSuperior



Spike, in his spare time that seemed abundant in the past few months, has been keeping a secret from Twilight. That secret's name is Scruffy, the completly normal, mundane, and in no way special, little black kitty... If only that were true.

  • ...
22
 911
 10,583

Evil! I Knew It!

Most would guess that those with years and years of experience under their belt would never do something considered ‘stupid’. What I did next, proved that wrong.

I glanced back to see the others starting to untangle themselves and get their bearings. Then I returned my gaze to the hallway the mystery pony had taken off too, and I bolted.

No cries for me to stop, no yelling of my name told me that my friends were none the wiser of my leaving. As my paws connected with the rug on the floor, a steady stream of magic was channeling to my eyes. They glowed yellow giving away my position, but I could see the outline of the pony I was chasing.

The figure ran through a doorway and disappeared behind it. To my shock the door shifted slightly, indicating the figure was about to slam it shut. I cut the magic flowing to my eyes and began moving as fast as I could.

*SLAM*

‘Ah, my friggin nose!’ I mentally yelled out as I rolled on my back with my paws over my face, ‘Stupid doors! You all belong in wood chippers!’ I stared down the door in anger, wanting the stupid thing to burst into flames.

It was a disappointment when it didn’t, so I just grumbled, got up, and briskly walked towards the door. I used my grip claws and made my way up the door to a circular, knocker-looking door knob. Having seen others do so, I pulled down on the knocker knob and felt the door shift forward slightly.

‘That wasn't so hard.’ I thought to myself as I jumped down to the floor, ‘... Why didn't I do this earlier for the room I was stuck in?’ I shook my head and proceeded to nudge the door open.

Poking my head through the crack I was greeted to the sight of an empty room. I quickly jumped into the room and into the shadows of the nearest corner. Whoever I had followed was in this room and I needed to be sneaky about it.

‘Just like when I was taking down Big Boss.’ I thought with a smile.

The first thing I noted was how dusty the room was. There was a clear path away from the door that told me where the figure had gone to hide at. The second thing was the chill that assaulted my body, ‘So this is either a ghost or one of the ponies from town...’

I pushed those thoughts and the chilling feeling to the back of my head and focused on the situation in front of me.

For whoever ran in here, the room had to be dark, having only one window and it had old drapes blocking the moonlight. If I lit up my eyes I would be seen in a heartbeat, but I could see in the darkness just fine, giving me the element of surprise. The trick now was to keep it.

An idea formed in my head making a smile spread across my muzzle. I sunk my grip claws into the wall beside me and started to make my way up. With how dark the room was, I doubted whoever was in here would even think to look up into the back corner of the room.

Every ounce of stealth training I could remember was being put to use as I slowly prowled across the ceiling. Once I got to center of the ceiling where an hook for a chandelier was I froze. The muffled sound of hooves striking the floor reached my ears.

I dared not to turn to see where the sound was coming from. In my mind I was the ceiling. There was no reason for the pony to look up. I might as well of been invisible.

A tug in my mind told me I was now using magic for something. My gaze stayed on the paws in front of me as I watched the shadows around me converge and wash over them, like a cloak. Completely obscuring them, almost as if they disappeared entirely.

The smile that spread across my face was that of cocky bastard, but I didn’t care.

I began to move again to the corner I had my sights set on. My paws and claws as silent as a predator stalking its prey. Once I got to the corner I turned and looked back into the room, channeling some magic into my eyes.

The shadows around me faded as I stopped the flow to the cloak around me. My eyes lit up with magic as I scanned the room....

Nothing besides the decaying furniture greeted my eyes.

Any smile that had been on my muzzle was now a frown as I couldn’t find the one I had been pursuing.

*Beep beep*

My gaze shifted downward and I found my target directly below me. I watched as a translucent hoof moved towards it’s head, “Clear, go ahead.” I knew that voice. It was from earlier today.

“Code Green, we’re pulling out.” another voice said with a little bit of static.

‘A radio headset?’

“Bout time you finished with that bucking vault.” Red said as the invisible pegasus moved to the window.

‘Evil! I knew it!’ I thought happily as I waited for her to leave so that I could do the same.

“What about the little dragon we got in one of the traps?” whatever little magic I had left found it’s way to the surface as I glued my eyes to the pony with anger.

“Free him.” my magic subsided a little bit, but I was still ready to pounce, “We don’t need a search party to come looking for him.”

*Beep Beep*

“Bucker’s lucky these jobs pay well...” Red muttered before she flew out the window, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

‘Pay well? If she was hired, were they all in this together?’ I thought as I dropped from the ceiling and moved towards the door, ‘If that's the case, who's the one paying them? I'm definitely sticking to Spike like glue after this.’

I heard the sound of hoof steps galloping down the hallway seconds before I felt the door slam against my face, “Scruffy!?” the three tiny voices cried out in unison.

*SLAM*

'Stupid friggin door...' a small groan was all I could muster as the door had me pinned against the wall. The door moved forwards and I felt myself slowly slide down the wall. I landed on my stomach and held my head up to try and look at my attackers, but the whole room was spinning.

“Found him!” the southern voice of Apple Bloom rang in my ears, “Ohoooo....”

“Uh-oh.”

“Oh no! What did we do!” I felt myself be lifted up by hooves and rocked like I was a baby, “We’re so sorry Scruffy.”

‘I think you took one of my nine lives...’

“Girls, we can’t let AJ know we did this. She would never let us hear the end of it.” Scootaloo said and I felt Sweetie turn towards her.

“Why?”

“We didn’ let-” Apple Bloom was cut off.

“No reason!" Scootaloo answered quickly, "We-we just don’t want to get in trouble.”

My vision began to fade on me as Apple Bloom began to voice her agreement with Scootaloo, ‘Sleep sounds really good right now...'

Author's Note:

Be sure to comment! :pinkiehappy: