• Published 8th May 2012
  • 1,936 Views, 7 Comments

When Three Worlds Collide - steelmatt6



The main 6 and friends are thrown into 2064AD Earth: a place where friendship is hard to come by.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,936

Chapter 3: The Encounter


Music:

Chapter 3
-THE ENCOUNTER-

Ponyville, Equestria the following day:

Throughout the rest of the night, there had been no more disturbances from nightmares, lightning bolts, or any other disruptive events. Every pony lay fast asleep throughout Twilights house, just as the bright morning sun began to slowly rise over the Equestrian horizon. Outside of the house, the landscape began to light up in its colorful and awestruck beauty as the beam of sun rays fully emerged from the depths of the night.

As the sun rays began to shine through the crystal clear windows of Twilight’s home, not a single pony was disturbed. Twilight rolled over in her bed, half covering the sun rays with her pillow. Rarity slept peacefully on the other side of Twilights room, and Rainbow Dash simply rolled over on her belly, adjusting her wings and hooves under the covers while she found the best sleeping position to avoid the rays of the sun shining through the window above Twilights bed. Spike was fortunate to not be disturbed by the sun. Downstairs, the rest of the ponies slept peacefully as well…all except one pony; Vinyl Scratch was wide awake, laying on her air mattress, listening to the finalized version of Rainbow Dash’s demonstration song.

Vinyl emerged from her bed, leaving her purple DJ glasses behind. She carefully walked to the kitchen, doing her best not to make a sound as not to disturb Derpy Hooves, whom slept nearby. At the kitchen, she managed to quietly drink a glass of crystal clear water from the sink. As she stood there, she stopped to gaze through the kitchen window, witnessing the beauty of the sunrise in its entirety. She closed her red magenta eyes, smiled, and took a brief moment to enjoy the warmth and beauty of a day that had just begun. The rays shone through her brilliant blue mane, and onto her white coat. As a DJ, Vinyl was always traveling, hosting shows, and rarely got a chance to stop and enjoy herself. Now, she had an amazing group of friends, she thought to herself; her BEST friends. A single tear began to form in her closed eyes, as she pondered on that wonderful feeling. She opened her eyes slowly, her eyes re-adjusting to the bright rays of the sun, and the single tear trickled down her face…she had never felt this special, and this “at home” in a long time.

A few minutes later, Vinyl retrieved her small MP3 device by using the magic of her horn, and she headed upstairs to Twilights room…the MP3 device following her, floating through the air. She walked toward the cyan Pegasus pony, Rainbow Dash, who was still fast asleep.

All the other ponies, and Spike, could afford to sleep in. But Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch needed to head out early to begin the practice run.

Vinyl placed her hoof on Rainbow Dash, slowly tugging at her wing.
“Psssst….Dash…Rainbow Dash...” she said in a whisper. “Time to get up! R-D, C’mon let’s get moving!”

Rainbow dash rolled on her side, facing away from Vinyl. She let out a big yawn. “Ehh..umm, not now V. Trying to-get some…sleep…practice my moves…umm, and stuff…”

No matter how many times Vinyl tried, she couldn’t get Rainbow up from her deep sleep. But just then, she thought of an awesome idea. An idea that was sure to wake up Rainbow Dash, without waking up the others. She took her headphones from around her neck, and used her magic to carefully place them over Rainbow Dash’s ears. Rainbow’s colorful mane was in the way a little, but Vinyl managed to get the headphones on snug….Rainbow didn’t budge. Vinyl scrolled through one of the most up-beat dubstep tracks she could find. She turned the volume all the way up; before pressing play…there was a brief moment of silence…Vinyl thought to herself “This is going to work for sure!”………PLAY

WUUUUUUUUUUUUBBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUB

“YEAHHAHAHAAHHHHHHHHH” Rainbow Dash leaped out of her bed with tremendous speed, then sped toward the wall, crashing onto the ceiling overhead where Rarity was sleeping, only to come back down landing on top of Rarity….Vinyl didn’t know whether to panic, or laugh uncontrollably. She held her mixed emotions and waited to see what happened next…

“What the!? OWE, Rainbow Dash! Are you out OF YOUR MIND! Get off me!” Rarity bucked Rainbow Dash off of her. Rainbow lay on her backside, starring up at Rarity “How can you be sooo insensitive! And I know I’ve said that before, but I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME! A lady does not like shenanigans and immature pranks during her beauty sleep!”

Rainbow Dash didn’t hear what Rarity was saying; her only thought process was –“what just happened?”-

Spike and Twilight were wide awake by this time, observing the scene in front of them. Rainbow managed to gain her footing, and then glanced over at Vinyl Scratch. Vinyl was also thinking something…-oops…- as she tried to conjure up a fake smile, hiding the MP3 Player.

“Ah HA!” Rainbow yelled, stomping over to Vinyl Scratch. “You’re the one who did this, aren’t you? Well…aren’t you?”
Vinyl’s ears fell by the sides of her face, as she sat in sorrow and shame. Now she’s done it. She had just gained an amazing group of friends, and ruined it all because of a prank gone wrong.

“…yes…it was me every pony. I-I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to be so rude” she said, trying to fight the tears about to fill her eyes. Vinyl was insecure because of her lack of friends from a tough music industry, and this made it even worse. Her once tough and outgoing personality shattered in the heat of the moment.

However, Rainbow began to slowly smile at Vinyl Scratch…”Heh heh heh, BEST-PRANK-EVER!” Rainbow then began to laugh heavily, “bahahaha, I haven’t woke up that quickly early in the morning since, well I don’t know when! You know what V, you and I are going to get along just fine!”

Rarity frowned a bit, “Well, I didn’t think it was very funny! Honestly!”

Rainbow put her hoof on Vinyl, whispering in her ear “Exactly my point...the finale of me landing on Rarity, priceless!...Oh and V, watch out…cause I’ll get ya back!”

Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow Dash began to fill the room with a soft laughter. Vinyl soon joined in, and Rarity (after getting over the shock and being a little over dramatic) began to laugh as well. Vinyl immediately regained her confidence. She thought to herself “these really are my best friends”.

Because of the incident upstairs, all of the ponies on the lower level were already wide awake by the time Rainbow Dash, Vinyl, Spike, Rarity, and Twilight trotted downstairs. Of course, everypony wanted to know what was going on. An overactive alarm clock was said to be the cause of the situation. Besides, how was Rainbow Dash going to get Vinyl Scratch back if everypony knew what happened?

All the ponies and Spike eventually settled down at the kitchen table, and some out in the main library living area. Rainbow Dash tried to convince the others that she had to go out and practice, but Applejack insisted that she get some breakfast first.

“Rainbow, y’all need to eat something before performing your athletic activities” Applejack insisted, “besides, Vinyl is coming with you, and she needs something too! Here, ya best try my wonderful breakfast apple pie, with some of Pinkie Pie’s amazing blueberry muffins!”

Derpy Hooves flew into the kitchen “Ohhhhh! Did somepony say muffins?”

“Fine…” Rainbow Dash sighed.

“Ya won’t regret it one bit!” Applejack winked.

Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Derpy (who wanted to help) began working in the kitchen, and after 20 minutes, Twilight’s house began to fill with the amazing aroma of fresh baked apple pie, and blueberry muffins. When breakfast was officially ready, everypony at the table and in the living area stopped their conversations, as they enjoyed the amazing breakfast. Derpy Hooves was silent and smiling the most as she ate her breakfast. Spike was constantly complementing Applejack and Pinkie Pie, and Vinyl Scratch thought it the best breakfast she had ever had. Fluttershy wasn’t very quiet after she finished her breakfast. Surprisingly, she felt much more energetic than usual.

Fluttershy then looked down, as Angel was softly kicking her hoof. “Oh, Angel, I’m sorry. You want your breakfast don’t you? Here I have some of your favorite; Fresh grown carrots!” Fluttershy smiled at Angel. But, Angel crossed her little rabbit arms, and looked away. Fluttershy continued, “But you always like carrots? What’s wrong?”

“I think she wants one of those totally awesome muffins!” Rainbow Dash insisted.

“But there aren’t any more? And I would hate for Applejack and Pinkie Pie to have to go through the trouble of making more…” Fluttershy said.

Vinyl then spoke up, slightly raising her hoof, “I finished my Apple Pie, but I still have a muffin left! She can have mine, I insist!”

Angel gladly accepted the token, as Vinyl handed the muffin to Angel. Fluttershy thanked Vinyl Scratch for her generosity.

And soon after, Pinkie Pie walked in “Okie Dokie, I guess I’ll just have to bake some more while you two are out practicing!"

Rainbow gulped, “Oh yeah, speaking of practicing, we have to get going! Vinyl, you ready?”

Vinyl took her purple DJ glasses over her forehead, slipping them down over her eyes “READY. Let’s do this!”

Soon after, Vinyl and Rainbow were getting ready to head outside. They had to walk to the other side of town to get to a small open field. The field was made of a soft grass and dirt, so if anything went wrong, Rainbow wouldn’t be crash landing into rocks. Just as Vinyl gathered up her gear and Rainbow hers, Derpy Hooves stopped them from walking out the door.

“Hey! Umm, if it’s ok with you guys, I’d like to come and help! Rainbow Dash, I’d love to see your routine, cause it was so amazing at last year’s competition! And I would love to hear your song Vinyl Scratch!...” Derpy’s eyes, slightly crossed, began to widen as her smile grew.

“It’s ok with me!” Vinyl said, “Dash?”

“Sigh. Ok, you can come along Derpy. BUT JUST TO WATCH! Please don’t go near any thunder clouds, for all our sakes!”

Twilight, across the room, glanced at Rainbow and frowned.

“What?” Rainbow asked, as Twilight gave her a stare.

Derpy smiled heavily “Yay! This is going to be so much fun!”

The three of them began to walk out the door into the bright daylight of Ponyville. They said their good bye’s to their other friends, and walked along the town’s main pathway, heading the open field. Although Rainbow Dash could quickly fly to the open field, she enjoyed hanging back and talking to Vinyl Scratch. Derpy Hooves followed close behind, listening not to their conversation, but to the birds and other sounds of nature.

They were halfway to the open field, when the bright sunny day of Ponyville began to fade into overcast. The bright rays of the warm sun quickly faded behind the incoming clouds.

Rainbow Dash looked up, halting her conversation with Vinyl and Derpy, “That’s weird? There is no Pegasus storm scheduled for today. At least, I sure didn’t know about it. I wonder what’s going on?”

Suddenly, the clouds began to fill the sky even more rapidly, and a bright blue flash of light illuminated near the edge of the Everfree forest, off into the distant view of the on-lookers of Ponyville. The bright blue flash suddenly came about a second time, lasting for a good 5 seconds, filling the sky and the ground in which it originated with a deep blue, swirling light. And just as suddenly as it appeared, it was gone.

Rainbow Dash, Derpy, and Vinyl Scratch, along with other on-lookers, stopped and stared at the spot in which the flash originated. “Sweet Celestia, what the hay was that?” Rainbow Dash yelled, hovering above ground with her wings flapping rapidly.

Derpy and Vinyl had no words, they simply stared in confusion. Rainbow Dash broke the silence once more, “C’mon guys, that happened near the field we are going to. Let’s check it out”.

Rainbow Dash quickly flew ahead of them, and Derpy slowly followed behind. “Hey wait up!” Vinyl Scratch yelled.

As the gang raced closer to the point of origin, the clouds and darkness of the sky began to wither away once more, slowly revealing the rays of the radiant sun.


______________________________________________________________________________

Everything around Douglas Hein was spinning, and he found himself lying on his backside, in a strange environment. This never happened the first time he stepped through the Stargate. The first time was painless and easy. Something was not right. Hein reached his arm over his line of vision, and gazed into the small monitor of the wrist gadget. Everything else around him was still white washed. The monitor of the wrist gadget was slightly cracked, but it seemed to be in fair condition. The message flashing on the monitor was simply –ERROR-. Hein slowly sat up from the cold dirt ground, and tried to make out his surroundings. His white washed vision was improving, but very slowly. Hein examined the dirt in which he sat upon, and thought it very strange and peculiar. He took his left hand and picked up a handful of dirt, slowly releasing it as the wind carried some of it away.

Something was very strange. Unlike Earth, and unlike Osea (the world he visited first), this dirt was ‘different’. It had a similar texture, a similar sensation, but its reflection and complexity were different. He couldn’t make out what it was. As Hein’s white washed vision began to improve, he started to view his surroundings. The trees were magnificent, the sky was radiant, and the edge of the forest in which he sat was dark but full of complexity. The more Hein took in his surroundings, the more he would look back at his own body, and notice that it did not match. His skin, his entire body seemed to be slightly off from his surroundings. He began to think it was the other way around again. Perhaps the surroundings were strange, and he was still normal.

Hein pressed a button on the wrist gadget, bringing up a small hologram, about the size of an average globe map. He whispered a command into the gadget “Ugh, computer. Calculate distance, and space coordinates from Earth, or last known point of origin.”

The computer in the gadget knew what to calculate, but was unable to identify a name or location for Hein to understand. Hein began to get frustrated, “COMPUTER, are we in Osea, light year coordinates 45.6948.9771-01?”

The computer responded “Negative. Last known point of Origin was Earth. The system was unable to locate 45.6948.9771-01. During transfer, a fatal error occurred. You have been teleported to an alternate location.

Hein began to get frustrated “Damn this machine. COMPUTER, WHERE AM I? Search your database to interpret an answer that I can understand.”

You have been teleported to an alternate location. An alternate dimension; you currently exists within an alternate reality, not parallel to Earth’s. Light year coordinates cannot be calculated at the current time. The coordinates to Earth still exists, but their remains only enough fuel for one more transfer to Earth. But as a warning, the transfer will randomly open a portal to 45.6948.9771-01, this location, and Earth. According to my sensors, your stress levels seem to be very high. Shall I play a song of your choice?

Hein didn’t respond to the computer. All he knew now was that his plan was falling apart quickly. The system transported him into an unknown world. The composition of the atmosphere was slightly different as well, and he noticed that it was becoming harder to breathe.

Hein stood up from the ground, and began to walk out of the edge of the forest. He found himself standing at the edge of a grass and dirt field…the same field Rainbow Dash, Derpy Hooves, and Vinyl Scratch were rapidly approaching.

Hein looked around, and noticed everything around him was silent. He didn’t know what to expect, but he knew he had to get back to Earth. His respiration pattern was becoming more unpredictable. Hein began to reach for the wrist gadget around his arm, and began to re-trace the coordinates back to Earth. Hein began to think to himself, “This attempt is a disaster. There is only enough Obtainium for one more transfer. AND I WAS SO CLOSE TOO, SO CLOSE TO FINDING AN ANSWER. I’ll avenge my family from those spirits if it’s the last thing I’ll do.”

Hein fell to his knees, before initiating the final transfer procedures. He looked up into the alien sky and whispered a single phrase “My beautiful family. I’m sorry. I have failed you…”

Just then, Hein began to hear noises approaching the field. He squinted his eyes to get a better view at the incoming figures. One was a cyan colored horse creature with a Rainbow colored mane, flying towards his location. Before Hein could get a look at the other incoming figures, he stepped back into the edge of the forest out of plain site, keeping his eyes focused on the incoming figure.
______________________________________________________________________________

Vinyl Scratch did her best to keep up with Rainbow Dash and Derpy Hooves, as she tried her hardest to gallop to the field.
Rainbow Dash reached the edge of the field, close to the location of the blue flash. She softly landed on the dirt field, and slowly tucked her wings next to her. She stopped, looked off to the side, and perked her ears up, listening to anything out of the ordinary.

“Wacha doin?” Derpy said, standing behind Rainbow.

“Ah! …Derpy, shhhh! You’re going to blow my cover! Be quiet….”

Vinyl Scratch caught up to Rainbow and Derpy, and immediately dropped her sack of equipment she had slung around her neck. She collapsed on her backside, placing her hoof over her beating heart.

Vinyl tried to conjure up words while breathing heavily, “Oh-my-gosh. I-can’t breathe. You guys are really fast! I need to work out more….um guys?”

Derpy smiled and glanced toward Vinyl, saying very loudly “RAINBOW DASH TOLD US TO BE QUIET CAUSE SHE’S LISTENING FOR SOMETHING!”

“DERPY! Ugh, I give up.” Rainbow Dash sighed. “Something strange went on over here, and I want to get to the bottom of it. Oh my gosh, this is just like DARING DOO AND THE MYSTERY OF THE HIDDEN TREASURE! Only, this has nothing to do with treasure.”

Vinyl stood up after she caught her breath, “To be honest, it could have just been a lightning strike, or better yet, a pony practicing his or her magic. Something could have just gone wrong, and caused a flash, ya know?”

Rainbow glanced at Vinyl “A flash THAT big? Weeeell, I guess you’re right. I’ve seen Twilight do some pretty awesome stuff, but what other pony could have done this? All I see is….”
______________________________________________________________________________

As Rainbow and Vinyl carried on with their conversation, with Derpy listening in off to the side, Douglas Hein was only yards away at the edge of the forest. He couldn’t believe was we was seeing, and hearing. Three talking ponies, all somewhat cartoonish-looking, but still very defined and three dimensional, speaking the same language, and talking about magic. Hein thought these creatures very familiar, but couldn’t place his finger on it.

A few seconds passed, and he still couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Perhaps, if they were hallucinations, they may not react to a rock being thrown near them. So that’s just what Hein did. He picked up a small pebble, and chucked it near the ponies, the pebble landing a couple yards from them.
______________________________________________________________________________

“What was that?” Derpy Hooves said in slight fear.

“See, something is in there…I’m going to check it out” Rainbow bravely claimed.

“NO, wait! Rainbow, it could be dangerous. Allow me! I can use magic after all..”
______________________________________________________________________________

Sure enough, they reacted to it. Hein slowly stepped back, still crouched on the ground, thinking about what he was going to do next. Here were three talking ponies that spoke English, talked about magic, and two of them could fly.

Hein began to laugh in a whisper,”Computer, see if you can scan my blood system for any signs of drugs, or side effects from the transfer.”

The computer then stated, rather loudly “Blood Toxicity is normal. No known side effects of the transfer. The three creatures nearby are genuine biological creatures. They seem to be equipped with very similar level of intelligence.
The entire time the wrist gadget computer spoke, Hein was trying to shut it up. But it was too late…
______________________________________________________________________________

“Hey! We know you’re in there! C’mon out and show yourself!” Rainbow Dash demanded.

Vinyl Scratch put her hoof on Derpy “Derpy, you might want to head back to the other side of the field. We’ll see what’s going on.”

Derpy Hooves gladly took orders, and flew to a safe distance.

“Yeah, um, show yourself and no pony gets hurt” Vinyl yelled, her horn beginning to glow a red hue. Vinyl was thinking that this wasn’t a good idea at all, but this was her chance to prove that she could stand up with Rainbow Dash in a seemingly dangerous situation.

Douglas Hein smiled from behind the edge of the forest, and slowly stood to his feet. He cautiously walked out into the field, standing face to face just yards away from the two ponies. Hein put his hands into the air, and slowly lowered them once more.

“I have nothing to hide! And I didn’t mean to frighten you. Can you understand me?” Hein asked.

“Frighten us?” Rainbow ‘s voice cracked, “you’re the one who should be scared right now! Who are you? And what are you doing in Ponyville?...um, what are you?”

Vinyl whispered over to Rainbow Dash “Dash, I-I don’t think this is a good idea…I have a very bad feeling about this” her horn still glowing, ready to defend themselves.

Hein continued “I was traveling through this forest and…simply got lost. I see that you can understand me. Can you tell me where I am?” Hein said with a fake comforting voice.

“Um, you’re in Ponyville dude. You know, Equestria? Under the guidance of Princess Celestia.” Rainbow stated. She continued on, “Are you even from here? And you still haven’t told us what you are, and why you’re here!”

“Alright, alright!, Hein smiled (this one is really persistent), “You’re right. I am from a place called Earth. I am certainly not from here, and I need to get back to my home. I am a human being, a very common species where I come from, and I am simply here to find some answers.”

“Earth? Is that somewhere near Ponyville?” Rainbow Asked.

“Um, Rainbow Dash?” Vinyl said fearfully.

“Where in Equestria is Earth?”

“Rainbow Dash!” Vinyl finally getting Dash’s attention.

“What is it V?”

“I-um, I read about Earth once. On one of my tours. It’s just an old pony’s tale, or it’s supposed to be. Earth is, another planet…” Vinyl stated, unsure about the events unfolding.

“I am impressed!” Hein said, “Not only do we speak the same language, but you seem to know where I am from. Surely this cannot not be a coincidence; perhaps I should meet with this Princess Celestia sometime soon. I am sure we can work something out in the future…”

Rainbow Dash interrupted “I don’t think so. Our job is to protect Equestria from creatures like you. You say you are not even from Equestria, so what makes you think you can just earn our trust that quickly?”

Hein’s goal of manipulating Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch was not working. They were smarter than he imagined. He could tell, simply by their tone of voice, that he was not going to get what he wanted, when he wanted.

Derpy Hooves was in the far distance, trying to see the events unfolding in front of her.

Hein reached his left hand over to his right, attempting to begin activating his wrist gadget.

Suddenly, both Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch stomped their hooves into the ground, with a serious facial expression. Vinyl Scratch’s horn began glow even more, as she prepared to defend herself and Dash from Hein.

Hein didn’t have any time to further the conversation, or for any games.

“Well, how cute; two little ponies, half my size, thinking they can do something. You know, back in my world, I could have a great use for a pony that can use magic, and I guess we could find a use for the stubborn cyan one too.” Hein’s voice began to sound deep and menacing again, “I know we only had a short conversation, but it seems to be going nowhere. Ha ha ha, imagine when I get back to Earth! I won’t be arrested, because I can finally prove the existence of other intelligent life, and maybe with this so called magic, we can find a use of it that can save our world! Tell me, what kind of magic is this?”

Vinyl Scratch was ready to defend her and Rainbow Dash, but she didn’t know any good offensive spells. She began to wish Twilight Sparkle was with them.

Rainbow Dash began to sound a lot less confident, especially after the menacing voice of Hein. “Um, well, heh heh…” her and Vinyl Scratch began to take continuous steps backward, but Hein only continued to step forward, his hand over the wrist gadget.

Rainbow Dash continued “Well, it was nice meeting you, but I guess we’ll just be going now. Good luck with getting back home! BYE!”

Rainbow Dash proceeded to fly out of the area towards Derpy, but she remembered Vinyl had no choice but to run, as she couldn’t fly. Dash held her position, and glanced over to Vinyl with an unsure and scared look.

“FINE” Hein said abruptly, “If you won’t show me what kind of magic you can do, then ALLOW ME TO SHOW YOU SOME MAGIC OF MY OWN”.

“VINYL, RUN!!!” Rainbow yelled.

Both Vinyl Scratch and Rainbow Dash turned around and attempted to sprint to safety. Rainbow could fly, but didn’t want to leave Vinyl behind. Their efforts to escape seemed promising, but it was too late.

Hein immediately activated the wrist gadget. Just as quickly, lightning and dark clouds began to fill the sky, as the wrist gadget filled half of the field with a bright blue flash. Vinyl Scratch and Rainbow Dash were knocked to the ground, their front hooves out in front of them. They both slowly turned around, huddling next to each other. The bright blue beam they had saw before, they now found themselves face to face with. The beam then re-appeared glowing brighter and brighter, as Hein disappeared into it. Vinyl and Dash immediately found themselves immersed into the blue light, as a swirling vortex began to enclose upon them. Their eyesight began to fade, and everything around them began to appear white washed and blurry.
Derpy took cover on the other side of the field, her hooves covering her head and blonde mane. After what seemed like half a minute, everything went silent.

A few blue electric sparks then re-appeared, and vanished. Derpy Hooves slowly looked up with tears beginning to fill her eyes. She thought she did something wrong. She thought she could have helped if she tried. All she saw was the clearing of the sky once more, and a couple cyan feathers and white strands of fur began to float down to the ground, landing softly upon the grass.

Author's Note:

My apologies for this story being on a long hiatus. Some things have been added: YouTube music links for added effect, some other details to the chapters, and I hope to update this frequently to complete its 26 chapters!