• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 12,855 Views, 435 Comments

Hooves of ice - Fictional Fanatic



Going to Equestria is a dream come true for many bronies/pegasisters. Yet, when Jack gets what he wants in his world, he got the short end of the stick when he met the 'Merchant'. This is a Displaced story.

  • ...
75
 435
 12,855

13) Detour (part 2)

Hooves of ice
Chapter 13
Detour (part 2)



3rd person's POV


Blood Cleaver giggled a little at Fourth Wall’s miss fortune. “Well, now that we got that situated, maybe we should get little Applebloom here back to Ponyville?” Blood Cleaver suggested, pointing at the sleeping filly as a small portal to the void opened up and dropped a small cyan-colored bouncy ball with a cutie mark on it, right into Blood Cleavers hand. “Wow, seems I qualify for being your friend. Here, take my token as well.” Blood Cleaver said as she put the ball away and gave Fourth Wall her token, a black knife with a red edge and handle, each side of the blade having a crimson rune.

“If you ever need my help, just hold this and call my name, and I’ll be over right away.”

Fourth Wall took the blade, thanking Blood Cleaver for it, “I needed something to defend myself while Dashie has my blade. Thank you again for saving me and Applebloom… Friend…” Fourth seemed to have difficulty saying that word.

Fourth picked up the yellow filly, “I’ll take care of her. I don’t think the monsters will get us.”

“Alright, want me to help you find your way towards Ponyville? I can fly up and take a look. Besides, you’ll have to explain to her family why her eye is now a gray color instead of her usual one. Maybe I should come with you to help out with that?” Blood Cleaver offered to help.
Fourth Wall froze, she didn’t even think of that. “Yeah. I don’t even know where they live. And I’d love the company.”

“Good, friends need to stay together anyway, don’t they?” Blood Cleaver asked as she smiled towards Fourth Wall. “I’ll be back in a minute. “ She said as she suddenly floated upwards and flew up to look out for Ponyville.


Blood Cleaver's POV


We were a relatively small distance from the nearest town, but away from the direction of the town I could see a small cluster of buildings, presumably the place Fourth had tried to escape from. Looking closer, I saw some movement close to the location of Fourth and Applebloom.

It appeared to be a pony, one trying to get away from more of the monsters that had attacked Fourth and Applebloom. Remembering what Fourth Wall said about them attacking ponies I decided I should help out. I was not going to let any more ponies get hurt.

Letting go of my flight I jumped down between the rotting monsters and the escaping pony.

“Hey you, bone bags. Why don’t you chew on this?” I shouted to get their attention on me and quickly charged a ki-blast and shot them all with one blast. It proved highly effective as it sent them blasting off through the air, spreading their body parts all over the surrounding area.

Turning around I took a look at the hurt pony, quickly noticing it was a mare. “Are you alright miss?” I asked her.

The mare nodded, “Th- Thank you…” Her figure was hunched over like Fluttershy's, but seemed more ashamed then shy. “Do you know if a pink mare and a f- filly got out of the town?” Before answering I took notice of her injuries. A large bite mark on her neck, her left hind leg looked broken, several deep cuts and bruises over her body, and a large amount of blood dripping down her head. She swayed, looked about ready to pass out.

“Yes. They are both safe. Let me help you, I can heal you with my magic.” I told her, as I used a simple spell to determine the mare’s condition and make sure whatever those monsters were wasn’t infectious. Cleansing viruses was not a pleasant thing. But what I found was a bit worrying. She wasn't technically speaking 'alive'. In every sense, her soul was shrouded in what I could only describe as a 'curse'. She was not 'alive' in any kind of natural way, it was more like her soul was forced to stay in her body, not allowing her to die. I realized she was probably one of those things, just not looking like them. However, because she seemed concerned for Fourth's and Applebloom's health, and the fact that she was attacked by those things, I rationalized that if she wasn't on their side, she was most probably on ours. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' I believe it was.

The mare got closer, but collapsed. She wasn’t out, but she wouldn’t be able to do anything. At that moment I lost all doubt and decided to heal this mare and return to Fourth, I had left her and Applebloom alone for long enough. Quickly healing the mare so that she wouldn’t die. I flew back to where I left Fourth Wall and Applebloom. But not before giving the mare instructions to follow me, seeing as my magic had healed her enough for her to safely move around.

As I landed by Fourth Wall I recalled where I’d seen Ponyville in the distance. “We’re not too far away from Ponyville. I also saw a mare, she seemed to know you.” I explained to Fourth Wall.

“Mitta!? Is she okay!?” Fourth asked quietly, keeping her voice down not to wake Applebloom.

“Yes, she’s alright, she was a little banged up but I healed her somewhat with my magic. So she should be alright.” I replied, a bit quieter as I too didn't wish to wake Applebloom who would need all the rest she could get.

“Okay… Then let us get out of this godforsaken forest…” Fourth Wall said before she began moving towards the direction I had indicated leading to Ponyville.

Somewhere along the way, Fourth had begun humming winter wrap up. She hummed louder and louder until she was whispering, “Winter wrap up, winter wrap up! Let’s finish our holiday cheer!” Looking at her I took in her appearance in more detail than before. She was close to an identical copy of Pinkie Pie as a pony. But there were some obvious differences. Like her flat mane and its slight alteration in color, and the difference in how she held herself while moving around. As she noticed me looking at her she stopped and blushed, “Sorry. Dashie taught me that song… Fun tune!”

“Yeah, I remember singing that one… Want to hear another good one? Let’s see… What would be a good one…” I said out loud as I made it look like I was thinking of a song when I was changing out a few of the lyrics for a song I always had prepared, even if I hadn't sung it in a long while. As soon as I was done I smiled and began singing the new song.

Fourth Wall started singing along too. It wasn't a heartsong, she simply seemed to know the lyrics.

"Thank god." I thought to myself. I tried staying away from the parts of the multiverse where anyone could force a heartsong, mostly because I feared a Displaced would get the terrible idea of seeing what would happen if someone sang 'the song that never ends'.

Fourth did the background voices, and did some funny things like pull an eye patch out of a tree (one Pinkie had once had an urge to put there…), and when Mitta reached them, Fourth Wall tried getting her to sing too… To which she kindly denied.

“Gosh I love music!” Yelled Fourth Wall as the song ended. Her smile was as big as Pinkie’s, with her mane and color matching.

“I’m glad you like it. Music is a big part of Equestria after all. No matter where you go, you will most definitely end up singing together with other ponies along the way. It is something to calm the nerves and bring everyone together.” I told her. I wasn't sure how it was in this part of the multiverse, but it wasn't always that you could break away from a heartsong, not that many would like to do that anyway because of how great it felt. I then once again took notice of the mare that Fourth called Mitta. “Sorry, I don’t think we properly introduced ourselves. I am Blood Cleaver, may I ask your name Miss…” I asked her.

“Mitta. Nice to meet you too.” Mitta gave a small smile. To which I smiled back.

“So, you’re coming with us to Ponyville Mitta? Or are you going someplace else, like Canterlot or Manehattan?” I asked her, both because I was curious about the mare's intentions and to start up a conversation.

“I think I’ll stay with Fourth Wall and Applebloom. I don’t think Sunny Town is done with us yet.”

"Sunny Town." I thought to myself, committing the name to memory. I would make sure to keep an eye out for this town in other worlds as well from now on.

Fourth Wall groaned, “I knew it wasn’t going to be that easy!”

“They won't attack tonight or tomorrow. They need to pull themselves together, then they’ll retaliate. But we’ll think of a plan.” Mitta explained.

“Ah, so those blasts give you about two days worth of peace… How long would it take them to recover if I simply blew up the entire little town of theirs?” I asked Mitta, charging a small ki-ball in my hand, offering to bring devastation to such a despicable town.

“It would do little than singe the town. The whole place is cursed.” Mitta said, “I wish it was as simple as that.” Mitta said as I groaned inside. Most 'curses' were not curses. This however really felt like one. And since Mitta was cursed as well, then this was one heck of a mess.

“Don’t worry Blood. We’ll be okay! I’ve got a weapon, and we have time to get those… Elements of Harmony!” Fourth Wall tried to assure me. Somehow I doubted the Elements would do much good against that curse.

“Oh, you know the elements. Was it a part of the memories you got back? I’m glad you’re remembering stuff. And using the elements does sound like a good idea. Just be careful, curses aren’t something to take too lightly.” I said as we began to get close to the outskirts of the Everfree forest, Ponyville visible not too far off.

“Sort of, Pinkie told me her, Dashie, and four others have magical MacGuffins that ward off evil, but I do think I remember them before then. My memories are kind of foggy, so I’ll need to sort through them to understand all of it.” Fourth said, stepped out of the Forest. Mitta, having no idea what we were talking about, carefully took Applebloom off of Fourth's back and trotted to the side, leaving us alone in our conversation.

“Yeah, it’ll take some time. But your memories will eventually align properly. As long as no one tries to forcefully rearrange them that is. But if someone does, you’d know instantly.” I told her as we all continued towards a dirt road not too far off.

The three of us soon arrived at the farm, “I’ll be over there. Be careful.” Mitta said, giving Applebloom back to Fourth again.

Fourth Wall nodded, and knocked. There was a rustle, and a, “I’ll be there ‘n a minute!” Coming from what Fourth guessed was Applejack.

Fourth then looked at me, then the door, then she looked at me again with wide eyes. “Human! No. Can’t let- no!” Fourth freaked. “Hide!”

A bit surprised at first, I soon realized that it might be best not to just waltz around as a human between ponies. But instead of hiding, I did something a little different. With a quick flash of magic, I had changed my body into one of a pony. I now looked much like Fourth Wall, but instead of a pink mane, my was completely black and flat by default (something I found annoying as I wanted to keep my pink mane, even as my natural hair color had changed to black since I became a Displaced), and I still wore my cutie mark instead of the one Pinkie Pie and Fourth Wall shared.

Fourth Wall sighed in relief, and just then, a messy maned Applejack stood in the doorway, “Pinkie! What in tarnation are ya doing ‘ere!? Applebloom’s missing, an-” She was cut off when she saw said filly on Fourth's mares back, sleeping peacefully. “Where was she!?”

“In the Everfree Forest! I checked there and found this mare-” Fourth gestured towards me, “-who helped me. Something was wrong with AB’s eye, and Cleaver-” Once again, she gestured towards me, “- Fixed it! It’ll look funny for a bit, but it’ll be fine!” Fourth Wall explained before she gulped air.

I nodded at Fourth's explanation, it might be best to keep the fact that undead ponies were the ones to hurt Applebloom. “It was in extremely bad shape, it is fine now, but it’ll be sensitive for some time and her iris will be gray until it’s color matures and returns. I’m not sure how long it will take, but it will at most take a year for it to return to normal. I also removed her memories of whatever did it to her. The pain is too much for a filly her age to bear. You will have to come up with something to explain her eye, or if you wish, tell her the truth.” I explained to Applejack calmly.

At first, Applejack was stunned. But suddenly I found myself in a hug. I was now happy that I decided on a complete transformation instead of an illusion. Fourth Wall seemed a bit confused about the sudden affection from Applejack though.

Applejack ended the hug, “Thank ya so much. I don’t know what I’d do if Applebloom was hurt that badly and…” AJ didn’t finish.

Fourth Wall patted her back, and said, “She’ll be fine! Here, take this eyepatch!” Fourth Wall pulled the eyepatch she grabbed during the song and handed it over to AJ. I could see the temptation to ask, but Applejack decided against it. She wished us a good night and took Applebloom inside.

“I’ll check on her tomorrow. Will she remember things before the… eye thing?” Fourth asked me as we got farther away from the farm.

“Yes, she’ll remember most of the things. But she won’t be able to remember the pain or exactly what happened. She might remember being attacked, but it will most likely be blurry for her.” I explained.

“So, do you have any place to stay? I will have to leave soon and I would like to leave you incapable hooves before I depart.” I said, after all. I didn't know much about them.

Fourth shrugged, “I’ll figure something out. Mitta and I can find a temporary place… Maybe a box…”

Mitta sighed, “No money, nopony knows we exist, and a bunch of psychotic zombies want to kill us… Swell…”

“I know! Isn’t it exciting!?” Fourth squealed, only to realize what she had just said: “Where did THAT come from?”

I felt a few chuckles escape me at that. “That would be your inner Pinkie. You’re not completely who you used to be, you have some of the traits associated with Pinkie Pie blending with your own. Also, here,” I said as I took out a small bag of bits for them to get by with. I had seen that regular bits were the currency here so there shouldn't be any complications with a few bits from my collection.

“This should be enough bits for a while. So food and house room shouldn’t be a problem, that is if they have hotels in this Ponyville…” I told them. There were chances there wouldn't be any hotels or inns. Not all Equestrias were the same, and sometimes things like that simply went missing.

Fourth Wall smiled, “Maybe that was the person I was. I’d hate to be someone I’m not, though I guess that’s too late. And thank you SO much! We’ll see if they do!” Fourth said as Mitta took the bag of bits with her mouth.

Fourth pulled out something from her backpack. It looked like a Pistol, “Here, I don’t need this. No fingers! Heh… I think my old self bought a BUNCH of things from Comic-Con before I went somewhere else and I got sent here!” Fourth tried tossing it to me, but only managed to hit Mitta in the head who gave her an unamused look.

The pistol looked like it would fit in a Steampunk convention. Meaning it looked like it was old, but practical and full of gears and small pipes. A little rust and dust could be seen as well.

I picked up the gun as I inspected it. “Well… While I don’t find any use in a gun, I do tend to find myself in the most ridiculous of situations. I guess it could still come in handy.” I told Fourth as I accepted the gift.

“I guess this is goodbye for now then. See ya. I would stay longer, but I have a corrupted Displaced to catch. May the Elements work out for you!” I said as I began to move away from them, intending to disappear over the hill where I would slip back into the void.


3rd person's POV


“Well… I hope she’ll be okay…” Mitta said. She turned to Fourth Wall, seeing her flat maned and teary-eyed.

“I didn’t get to say goodbye…”

Mitta sighed, “Are you always going to have mood swings?”

“YES! The memories are giving me a headache! I can’t think straight and I feel needy and sappy!” Fourth Wall began crying as Mitta threw Wall over her back and looked for a hotel. A couple of ponies that stayed up that late saw the sobbing mare, but didn’t give it much thought other than, “Just Pinkie being Pinkie…” Nopony noticing the small note hanging off her backpack.

I’m not any good with goodbyes, so let’s settle for a “see you later”. - Blood Cleaver.

Author's Note:

And I believe that is the end of this crossover... for now at least. Now, onto the next one! Yes... there is another one.

But don't worry, it's a relatively short one and with it we once again get to see Jack... or Black in this case.

It was a fun experience working on this crossover with Bronyparasite.