• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 12,843 Views, 435 Comments

Hooves of ice - Fictional Fanatic



Going to Equestria is a dream come true for many bronies/pegasisters. Yet, when Jack gets what he wants in his world, he got the short end of the stick when he met the 'Merchant'. This is a Displaced story.

  • ...
75
 435
 12,843

An Author, a Guardian and a Blood Mage walk into 'BAR'...

Hooves of ice
Chapter 0 [Q&A]
An Author, a Guardian and a Blood Mage walk into 'BAR'...



3rd person's POV


Somewhere, in the deep reaches of The Void, there exists a place of rest. A little building, suspended in the endless abyss. This building is easily identifiable by it's constantly flowing, wooden exterior and little sign hanging outside that simply advertises the building as "BAR".

It is in this 'BAR' that we can find a lone Pegasus stallion with a gray coat and black mane and tail, sitting by one of the old wooden tables with a small drink in his hooves. While muttering to himself, the Pegasus was admiring the flow of the wood around him. It was hypnotizing to see the lines in the wood move as if being part of an endless river.

But from time to time, the stallion would look up from the mesmerizing work of art and glance towards the entrance, as if he was expecting someone else. Looking away from the door, the stallion instead looked at the candle in the middle of the table, the closest source of light and tried to judge how long he had been sitting there, waiting.

As the stallion emptied his drink and considered to order another one, the door to the establishment swung opened to reveal two cloaked humanoid shapes in the doorway.

Frowning, the stallion got up from his seat and began walking towards the entrance to meet the two bipeds halfway.

"Where the hell have you two been? I was expecting you both half an hour ago, YESTERDAY!" The stallion shouted at them.

"I know, I know. We got pulled over." A female voice replied as she removed the hood of her cloak to reveal the face of Blood Cleaver.

"And? So did I. And I came here 20 minutes earlier because of that!" The stallion replied.

"We were pulled over by 'Sim'." Blood Cleaver defended.

"Ah, I guess I can understand then. He didn't fine you or anything?"

"No, it was a simple misunderstanding. But the paperwork I had to fill in took a lot of time, and you know that 'Sim' doesn't give it back afterward."

"Yes, yes. I am fully aware. Now, why don't we sit down."

Blood Cleaver nodded and looked at the still hooded figure next to her.

"Jack, you can take the hood off now." She told him.

Quickly pulling down the hood, Jack revealed his own, young-looking face.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit overwhelmed meeting him." Jack explained, nodding towards the stallion who had already taken his place behind the table.

Blood Cleaver rolled her eyes and sat down at the table as well, the table adjusted itself to be comfortable for both her and the stallion sitting not too far away from her.

As Jack sat down as well, a waiter came forth and asked if any of them would like to order anything. All of them shook their heads and the waiter went back to his regular duties.

"So... how does this work now again?" Jack began.

"Simple," the stallion replied as he took out a folder from under his right-wing and placed it on the table. "Within, I have every single one of the questions we have received and we will spend our time here at 'BAR' answering and talking about these questions." The stallion explained.

"And once it's all over, we go back to everything as if nothing happened, I get my memories erased, you continue doing what you do and Blood Cleaver remembers everything but keeps it a secret? What is even the point of me being here?"

"So that you and Black can answer the questions." The stallion replied, only to frown at something.

"Ugh, wait a second. It seems that my name got lost somewhere. It's Perfect Control! There. Now, let's continue." Perfect Control said, now smiling over the fact that he would no longer be referred to as 'stallion'.

"Alright, so what's the first question?" Blood Cleaver asked PC.

Instead of replying, PC simply opened up the folder and revealed the documents containing the questions, and began reading the first one out loud.

"Alright, the first question, asked by BerginatorGaming is:

What inspires all of you within your lives?

"

"Any of you wish to begin?" Asked PC.

"Well, I guess I could." Blood Cleaver volunteered.

"I guess the simplest way to put it would be to say that my biggest inspiration in life would be my sister. She is everything I'm not, and more. Without her I wouldn't be sitting here today and... Well, I might have been here anyway, but only you would know for certain PC." Blood Cleaver said, looking over at PC.

"I'm not answering that, it's in the past and not one of the questions, I guess this means it's my turn now?"

"Alright. My biggest inspiration... That's a tough one. But I would have to say that it's my creativity. I love to fantasize about many things, make stories and read others as well. What inspires me are the possibilities." PC explained himself.

"Really?" Blood Cleaver asked.

"Huh, guess you learn something new every day."

PC glared at her before shifting his focus to Jack.

"And you Jack?"

"Well, it's a hard question. But I think the answer would be simple. My inspiration is the children. I want to see them laugh, smile, grow up safe and for them to enjoy their life. As a Guardian, it is not only my duty but also what I want to do."

PC nodded his head.

"Alright, I think it's time for the next question." He said as he took out another paper from the file and read the question.

"Oh, it's a question directed towards you Jack:

Are you expecting any old friends to be visiting you sometime soon?

A question by FrostTheWolf"

"Friends? That depends. If you mean friends from back on earth, or friends I made in Equestria. I guess I'll have to answer both. Beginning with the ones from Earth, I'll have to inform you that I didn't have many friends from Earth. Most of the ones I considered friends were my classmates, and that would be it. I was rather busy during my free time. I did have friends when I was just a small kid, but we eventually moved away from each other, went to different schools, or in their case, got new, more entertaining friends.

... wait, wherein the timeline are we? I don't want to spoil anything."

"We've reached just before the point of you entering Robin's universe and left of where Blood Cleaver left yours to pursue you."

"Ah, gotcha. Equestrian friends...

I can't say I've had too many at that point. One or two ponies who could see me, there's also Anson the Displaced. But not much else. I don't know about Anson, but none of the ponies would be returning. There is however one individual the does reappear before me, but that has yet to happen in the story. So I'm not allowed to speak about that."

"Indeed. Now, let's get to the next question.

A question by RealityDowngrade and AvidSeason for Black:

While I do not wish to misalign you, from what I've been able to observe of you and your counter-part it would seem reasonable to assume that you have little more in mind than creating a frozen land in vague attempt at revenge as well as a way to force belief upon those around you evidence of your existence. So, if I might be so bold, might I ask of you your end goal?

Jack, I get that you're trying to turn all of Equestria into a frozen wasteland. I also assume that you would turn to the rest of Eques to also freeze, but what then? What are you going to do after everyone's frozen dead and gone? (I assume that you still have some of Jack's memories Black, so you must understand what that would be.)

Jack, if you would be so kind."

"Yeah, I know. Just a sec."

Jack Frost rose from his seat and began to take deep breaths. Slowly his color scheme began to change as he took on the appearance of Black Frost.

Black Frost suddenly opened his eyes, took in his surroundings and shouted.

"I'm back bitches!"

"Yes, but you better behave, we can shut you up anytime we want." Blood Cleaver said.

Black froze upon hearing her and slowly turned to face her. His already pale skin paled even further.

"B-blood Cleaver?"

"The one and only." She simply replied.

"You'll behave, right?"

Black simply nodded before sitting down.

"Alright Black, the reason you're here is so that you can answer a question addressed to you. The question is:

While I do not wish to misalign you, from what I've been able to observe of you and your counter-part it would seem reasonable to assume that you have little more in mind than creating a frozen land in vague attempt at revenge as well as a way to force belief upon those around you evidence of your existence. So, if I might be so bold, might I ask of you your end goal?

Then there is a fairly similar question that goes like this:

Jack, I get that you're trying to turn all of Equestria into a frozen wasteland. I also assume that you would turn to the rest of Eques to also freeze, but what then? What are you going to do after everyone's frozen dead and gone? (I assume that you still have some of Jack's memories Black, so you must understand what that would be.)

"

"Too long, didn't listen."

Blood Cleaver smacked him upon the head.

"OW! Fine, dammit. My end goal is simple, to have fun. Jack is too focused on everyone else, he wants them to have a nice and fun life. Meanwhile, he doesn't care for himself. It's just work, work and more WORK! I, on the other hand, don't give a shit about anyone else, besides myself. I want to have fun, no matter the cost. I'll take any enjoyment I can get, be it blowing someone's heads out or play pokemon. So, I don't know if you could say I have an end goal. I don't think too far ahead, I live in the moment. Had I frozen Equestria an killed of my source of fun, then so be it. I'd just jump over to another one and begin again."

"Thank you. Hopefully that was a satisfactory answer, and if you find this boring, there's an arcade over there." PC said as he pointed towards an arcade machine in the corner.

"SWEET! Just call if you need anything." Black said as he got up and raced over to the machine, conjuring up a few coins from ice to pay with.

Shaking his head, PC picked up and read the next question.

Only to slam his head into the table.

"Why?" he complained.

"What?" Asked Blood Cleaver.

"They're asking questions of a lot of different character, and they're all different. We'll be here answering them for ages! And some of them don't even make sense!"

"Well, we could give straight, short answers to some and then ignore the others." Blood Cleaver suggested.

"No, I said I would answer all questions asked. Oh well, better get this over with."

"The questions asked by Solarkness are:

To Blood Cleaver: What is your relationship with Solveik 5.0?

Now a serious question, the first one was written out of fun :P
I know she avoids his universe except on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
To Blood Cleaver: Do you know what (your) Jack Frost's favorite lunch, favorite sports and favorite type of floor is, and if yes, what are those?
To Jack Frost: Do you hate it when others (*cough* Blood Cleaver *cough*) know much more or is she good enough at hiding it you never noticed? Or do you just not care?
To Scootaloo: Would you like it if someone would call you cockroach because there have been some... 'apocalypse-simulations' (*cough* fanfictions *cough*) where you have survived most of the time, or would you react the same way you would as when someone would call you Rainbow Dash?
To Apple Bloom: How many different apple-themed names do you know, and how many of those are the names of your family members (only those still alive)?
To Sweetie Belle: I like your mane. Do you often chew on Luna's mane when she visits your dreams?
To Twilight Sparkle: What are your thoughts about the Mayor? Please respond by making a table/chart where you compare her to other ponies and point out similarities. Only similarities.
To Rarity: What is the use of socks?
To Rainbow Dash: What do you know about the Rainbow Factory? You are allowed to tell us classified information.
To Pinkie Pie: Why don't you ask some questions too?
To Applejack: What are your thoughts about ancient ice-spirits attacking other universes after leaving yours to conquer your own? Completely theoretically, of course.
To Fluttershy: Do you think it would be fun not to encase Angel in ice?
To Celestia: How many laws you could use to make it easier to rule the country did you oversee before you re-read all of them to answer this question honestly? ...you did re-read all laws, right? Else your answer doesn't count because you are lazy.
To Luna: I like your mane. How often does Sweetie Belle chew on your mane when you visit her dreams? And can I have my Tantabus-pet?
To Randombackgroundpony Nr. 132: Do you like Lyra?

"

"Wow, that was a lot for one person to ask."

PC simply nodded before re-reading the first question.

"Alright, quick answering.

Blood Cleaver: What is your relationship with Solveik 5.0?

"

"That's a spoiler, but I'm answering anyway. NONE!"

"Alright, next one.

Blood Cleaver: Do you know what (your) Jack Frost's favorite lunch, favorite sports and favorite type of floor is, and if yes, what are those?

"I've never actually seen him eat anything, yet. I don't think he's into any sports, but if I were to guess I'd say skating. And a floor is a floor right?"

"Next one.

Jack Frost: Do you hate it when others (*cough* Blood Cleaver *cough*) know much more or is she good enough at hiding it you never noticed? Or do you just not care?

.

He's still Black right now, and I can answer this for him. About Blood Cleaver's behavior, it doesn't bother him. He's dealt with this kind of thing before, he is over 10K years old after all. On to the next one.

Scootaloo: Would you like it if someone would call you cockroach because there have been some... 'apocalypse-simulations' (*cough* fanfictions *cough*) where you have survived most of the time, or would you react the same way you would as when someone would call you Rainbow Dash?

... What? I haven't read anything about the cockroach thing... I think the answer is no. Cockroach tends to be a negative term, and since she wouldn't get what you're referring to she wouldn't like to be called that... Next.

Apple Bloom: How many different apple-themed names do you know, and how many of those are the names of your family members (only those still alive)?

Too many to count.

Next.

Sweetie Belle: I like your mane. Do you often chew on Luna's mane when she visits your dreams?

These questions don't have anything to do with my story! I mean, I did ask for more questions, but this is ridiculous!

Whatever, Luna doesn't visit Sweetie's dreams much, nightmares aren't as common as they are on Earth, hence the fact that Luna can keep up with all nightmares on the entire planet, and the fact that not the entire population of Equestria was traumatized during her absence. And no, chewing on Luna's mane would be incredibly rude. And Rarity would not like that, she has taught Sweetie far better than that.

...Next..."

The next question, however, doesn't come as PC simply sits and stares at the paper in his file.

"Fuck this, rapid answers, the readers can look up the questions, I'm not reading any more of them. Skip to after this: -~0O0~- symbol for the next question. The answers are:

Twilight Sparkle: Twilight would write a thesis where she interviews all of Ponyville to compare all the ponies. Anything from talents to how much they contributed to society. Some ponies would get upset by what she wrote about them and chases her around town, she would eventually scrap the project and your question would never be answered.

Rarity: Socks are used to keep the hooves warm when winter comes around and the floor becomes colder. Nowadays, however, most homes have floor heating, so socks are rarely used and are so last century.

Rainbow Dash: The workings of making a rainbow is public knowledge to all Pegasi, Rainbow, however, can only explain it as trapping color in the water droplets with weather magic, then applying a charge that makes sure the droplets don't mix. She's not a weather pony, so she doesn't know all the technicalities. She's far too busy with her job. Also, why would anyone need a factory for making rainbows?

Pinkie Pie: Because she doesn't know of this Q&A.

Applejack: The what now?

Fluttershy: Yes, she rather not see him encased in ice. What a horrible thought. But how can anyone relate to that as fun? She'd only be thankful such a thing didn't happen.

Celestia: This one... The laws of Equestria were a real headache at the time when they were first made, but they are fairly organized and fairly modern for having been written during the unification of the three tribes. This has to do with Jack's subtle involvement.

Luna: No, you can not get a Tantabus-pet since you are in a different reality.

Unknown: I don't know who the question is addressed to..."

-~0O0~-

PC quickly went through all the answers and fell exhausted.

"Cleaver, can you hand me a senzu-bean?"

"Here." Blood Cleaver said as she handed him one.

Quickly swallowing the small bean, he regained his energy and continued with the next question.

"A question by ThE_CrAzY_PoNy_NeXt_DoOr:

will a new chapter be released soon?

Besides this chapter, I have already several written, I only have to get the thumbs up from my pre-readers. And unfortunately it is taking its time, but we're making progress."

"And I do believe you, just like many others wouldn't want to read an unedited chapter."

"I'm sure they wouldn't. I've had to re-write a lot, sometimes when my pre-readers point out something that I've completely missed. An unedited chapter is something I wouldn't want to expose you all too. Next question.

A question by Danger A Dragon, and it's for Black Frost. Hey, Black, there's a question for you!" PC shouted. Black dropping his attempts to forcefully insert the coins he made as the machine kept shooting them back out. As he came over, PC read the question out loud for him.

"

Black Frost: How were you able to seal Discord's powers? I mean, in the movie Jack was never able to do things like that. The others were losing their power due to not being believed in. Also, beware of the wrath of Robin. You might be a "Spirit" and Guardian but he could probably still kill you.

"

Black scratched the back of his head as he thought about the question.

"I don't know all the correct terms and such, but Discord's power comes from within, but. He replenishes it from the regular magical atmosphere from regular chaos. I cut him off from replenishing his magic by coating the surrounding area in my own, I then drained him of his magic by creating a magical vacuum, forcing his magic out of him. The magic I left with him, was rather hard to condense into a solid form. Seeing as it was chaos magic, I had to force it into shape by using my own. Now, I know I shouldn't have left him with as much as I did, but the past is in the past, I guess. And I don't know what movie you're talking about, but I learned to adapt my magic to others during my stay in Equestria. You do learn a lot for ten thousand years. Simply staying the same would be foolish. And Robin? He is creative, I'll admit. But when it comes to power reserves or magic reserves, then I'm far more powerful. His ability to drain my reserves, however, could be troublesome after a long time. But if I-"

"Thanks Black, but the rest is not to be spoken about until the next chapter."

"Fine."

"Next question, by Archon The Manic:

When did Blood Cleaver and Black Frost first meet?

.

Unfortunately, I won't answer this, for the answer lies in the next chapter."

"Heh, that's something to remember." Blood Cleaver said with a smile.

"Please, don't remind me." Black said as he hung his head.

"The next question is addressed to all of us, asked by BerginatorGaming:

(for everyone) what are your favorite universes to explore in?

"

"Explore? I'm not really into exploring universes. I make friends, help those in need and then skip on to the next one... Well, I guess Jack's world is an exception. So I guess that's your answer."

"I don't explore other universes, but I read a lot, does that count? In that case, one of my favorite books would be Eragon. Fanfiction wise... I don't know. It depends on my mood. Your turn Black."

"I honestly don't give a shit where I am, as long as there's something fun to do."

"... Could you let us hear what Jack has to say?"

"Ughh... Fine." Black said as he suddenly changed color and turned back into Jack.

"Universe wise, I'd rather stay in mine. I'm not much of an explorer, but I have explored part of my universe, so I'd say I prefer my universe."

"Alright, the next question is for both you and Black. But I think you can answer it for both of you since it concerns your powers. The question was sent in by SilentMech:

To the two Frosts: Are you only able to do so much before needing rest, or can you just freeze whatever until the final freeze or final heat of the universe?

"

"Ah, no. Neither I or Black can leave a spell without sustaining it, the ice left, however, would function like regular ice, unless it was created as a magical ice or something. So, no. We can't freeze something and leave it until the end of time, but if the object was inside of a vacuum, then it would take a long time for it to melt naturally. So any object out in space would be easier to freeze and preserve."

"Thank you, Jack. Now, the next question is also one for you. Asked by Kris664:

So... You have been turned into Blackfrost, how is it feeling/felt being turned into him? And Black you are the evil Jack frost how are you with that?

"

"I'll be honest. When I was first turned into Black Frost, I didn't realize what happened. The way my mind changed was... subtle, yet Black knew exactly what had happened. Black is still, in a way me. That is the reason why he can't manifest as his being and we have to keep switching control like we do here. Black, isn't necessarily evil. He just doesn't care for anyone but himself and only thinks of entertainment. His methods of entertainment are cruel and he could go out of his way to kill with little concern as to who he hurts in the process. But when you get down to it, all he wants to do is to have fun, instead of making sure the children have fun. And I do have to confess, I have been neglecting my well being, so he does have a point. Don't judge him too hard... he is kind of me after all."

"Alright, thank you for that Jack. There is another question for me now. By Fireeaters:

Do holiday spirits ever have to use the bathroom? Would that go against the need to believe because evidence is being left behind?

"No, Jack can, if he wishes to, both eat and drink. But he isn't an actual solid manifested being. The food and water he consumes is converted into the same plane of existence as him, resulting in it turning to a form of energy that is instead absorbed by him. Therefore, no droppings to leave behind. And if you also wish to bring up the idea of objects that Jack picks up, they get enveloped by his aura, working like a 'notice me not' spell. Meaning that one who doesn't believe, or see him, can not see him pick objects up, since they won't notice it happening, even if they were looking at the object at the time."

"Really? I had been wondering about that myself." Blood Cleaver stated.

"Yes, I think you weren't the only one, and I felt that this question felt similar enough to bring up the point."

Blood Cleaver nodded and looked at the file.

"So, is there anything left? I barely got to answer anything."

"Nope, that was the last one. Sorry, hopefully there'll be more for you next time."

"I guess that means this Q&A is over?"

PC simply nodded as he began putting all the written questions back into his folder.

"Now, it would be best for you to get back to Equestria. Cleaver, can I trust you to take care of Jack's memories?"

"Of course you can. Who do you think I am?"

"Good. I'll be seeing you later then. Good day." PC said as he donned a fedora upon his head and walked out the door.

Blood Cleaver and Jack Frost soon followed, leaving 'BAR' as empty as it had been before either one of them arrived. One by one the candles went out before the place was cast into darkness. The flowing wood now remaining stationary. A lone figure now stood in the 'BAR'.

Suddenly the 'BAR' was enveloped by a rift and disappeared into it. The figure, now floating in the nothingness of the void laid down to rest, awaiting the next time the 'BAR' would be needed.

Author's Note:

So, you have a question that didn't make it here in time? Don't worry. There will be another Q&A in the future, until then we will return to uploading real chapters.

This chapter is also unedited. I did what I could to make sure it was readable.