• Published 8th May 2012
  • 3,127 Views, 11 Comments

My Little Pony: Darksiders - colorbrush94



Everything you knew about "My Little Pony", has changed forever.

  • ...
0
 11
 3,127

Chapter 0: A certain book...


“Equestria’s Guide to the Unknown” Page 28



Shadowedge and Darksiders:



One of the most mysterious places in the known world, the land of Shadowedge lies North West of Equestria, Gildedale, and even Gryphus. It is inhabited by unnaturally dark beings known as Darksiders.

Darksiders are sapient bipedal creatures, walking on their hind legs. They are large, cold-blooded reptiles resembling nothing less than large, albeit oddly shaped lizard. Whilst their body shape may look a bit like a lizard, they are dark creatures, similar to shadow silhouettes. They have pure white eyes, a mouth that cannot be seen when closed, and spines on their backs, claws on their hands and feet, and long slim tails. They are omnivores, able to eat both grain and meat products, but they usually prefer the later the most. They also are the longest lasting creatures in the known world, several have been known to live to nearly 10,000 years of age.

Someponies question the origin of Darksiders, but some believe that they were born from the darkness itself, which would explain there silhouette skins. they say they rose from the shadows and took the form of something that would bring fear to all life in the known world. Then they say because of their terrifying shape that they were cursed forever to remain under a dark cloud and never love the sun again. Princess Celestia of Canterlot thought of that as a lie, saying no one should ever be denied the sunlight, but most tended to accept this theory the most. Darksiders were not exactly friendly towards Equestria or any other place in the world, so knowledge about them is hazy.

Shadowedge is; like the Darksiders, is a dark shadowy country as well. It is always dark there; a black cloud covering the country with little visible sun rays passing through. The Darksiders love the dark; it strengthens their power. However, if they are exposed to sunlight they will become weaker than they normally are, so they don’t travel anywhere else unless it’s absolutely necessary. Shadowedge is a mix of various nature elements, containing many marshes, forests, wastelands, and valleys, and with various elements comes various weathers, which range from rainfall to minor snow. While it is dark, it is also a place of beauty and wonder, with some astounding landscapes and cities, it also has the best night sky in the world. When it becomes night, the clouds part to reveal the stary sky, which is absolutely gorgeous in Shadowedge, you can see auras, constellations, and even shooting stars. Shadowedge is full of mysterious things nopony has really understood, like how the water give off an opposite reflection, or how the environment works by itself, or even how the dark cloud still lingers over the lands for so long. Very few have ever gone into Shadowedge, and those who have returned were skeptical beyond belief.

Shadowedge is composed of several ruling clans, each having its own portion of the country itself....

() The Redbacks control the West portion.
() The Shadowfangs control the East portion.
() The Strikers control the North portion, it is rather small.
() And the most powerful, The Highlanders, control the largest portion, the South.

The Highlanders control the countries capital, Nightingale; The largest city in all of Shadowedge. Nightingale is composed of several layers of thick walls surrounding the city, three in all; the outermost being the thickest and the innermost being the thinnest.

The City itself is magnificent, with a total length of 10 miles across, and standing a record of 10,000 feet high. The castle is the highest building in the city, while the Dark Tower stands as the highest point in the city. The city if filled to the brim with various markets and stores, where everyone goes to buy their essentials. The most important building in the city is the Grand Hall, the gathering place for all the high council members to meet and discuss things about the city, led by their leader; the great and wise Overture; the oldest Darksider in Shadowedge, 9000 years old!

While the country itself has held together for many years, with neither weather nor force collapsing it, its reputation with the other countries plummeted 2500 years ago during the fabled “Shadow Wars”, When Equestria and Shadowedge were at war for nearly 500 years. (See page 30 for information on the Shadow War.)…………



“Equestria’s Guide to the Unknown” Page 30



The Shadow Wars Summary:



“The Shadow Wars” were a series of battles between the pony country of Equestria and the Darksider country of Shadowedge that lasted for nearly 500 years, during the early reign of Princess Celestia. The conflicts that ensued were deadly and violent, both forces lost many lives during the war, and very few still live to tell about it.

The real question everybody has about it is how the war even started. Some believe that Shadowedge wanted total conquest; some believe it was the result of murder, for the latter; some believe it was either a Darksider murdered, or pony, or in some theories both. The debate raged on for years and years without any resolution, but no one disagrees that results of whatever happened were devastating. The battles were long, brutal and bloody, and raged all the way from the cities in Equestria, to the in between countries, and to Shadowedge.

The longest, and most important battle was the “Battle over Canterlot”, the battle that ended the war, which lasted 10 months, 4 weeks, 12 days and 5 hours. The battle left Canterlot in ruins, with many innocent victims killed in battle, but what was significant about this battle was that during the mid point of the battle, a Darksider defected to the side of the ponies, wanting to help bring peace between the two battling sides. The Darksider helped Celestia learn the plans of the enemy, and they were able to hold back and finally achieve victory. The war was finally over, but peace agreements afterwards did not exactly go according to plan. While the two countries agreed to not harm each other ever again, they also agreed that neither side would bother with the countries again, and pretty much stay away from each other, even the friendly Darksider decided it was best to remain in Shadowedge.

Many years passed, and nopony has heard from each other since the war ended, things have been pretty quiet. And it seems, even though there is peace, there is no hope for them ever becoming friends.

(A time-line on the battles in the war can be found on page 32) …………