• Published 25th Feb 2015
  • 10,746 Views, 389 Comments

Trials of Blood and Kindness - CommanderX5



Fluttershy is a very kind pureblood vampony, far too peaceful for her own good. Will she persevere in a world that sees her as threat? Will she find friendship and acceptance, or will she face fear and hostility?

  • ...
30
 389
 10,746

Monster Hunters - Beginning of Nightmare

Trials of Blood and Kindness

-

Chapter 6

Monster Hunters
-
Part 1 - Beginning of Nightmare

“Where are you taking us, Dash?” Fluttershy asked as she was being pulled by her friend. Their wings flapped rapidly as they flew through another hallway while Angel held Fluttershy's tail.

“To the kitchen, duh,” she responded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “With your dark vol… vo… something–”

“Veil of darkness,” Fluttershy corrected.

“Yeah, that. As long as we keep at least two meters distance from others, they won’t see or hear us. We can eat some ice cream and get away with it.”

The vampony responded with firm tone, “Rainbow Dash! The Veil of Darkness is an ancient technique developed by pureblood thestrals to ensure the survival of our race and to spy on those who wish us harm.” She took a quick breath and continued, “It is one of most important spells from the field of dark magic, and you want to use it to steal ice cream?”

“Pretty much,” the filly pegasus responded with smugness.

Both Fluttershy and Angel facehooved and face-pawed respectively.

Upon noticing two patrolling vamponies, Dash quickly pulled her friend close to the wall.

“We are going to get into trouble," Fluttershy pointed out. "We should just ask my mom and dad for permission.”

As both guards passed without touching the Veil of Darkness that Fluttershy kept around herself, Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and said, “Flutters, I really don’t get you. Sometimes you act like a filly that listens to mommy’s and daddy’s every word,” Fluttershy looked to the side and frowned quietly, ”-or like a ninety year-old lady who follows rules to the letter without any excitement in your life.”

“... I’ll be ninety in ten years...”

“That’s not the point!” Dash flew up and spread her forelegs, her wings flapped rapidly. “Live up a little. Break some rules and have fun. You have so much power and never make use of it, even for your own entertainment.” Noticing that her friend mumbled something to herself, she flew closer and exposed her ear. “Huh? Speak louder please.”

Fluttershy sighed and spoke up, “Those who abuse power… often get corrupted by it.”

Dash rubbed her neck as the awkward silence lasted for few seconds.

Suddenly a loud explosion reached her ears.

“Did you hear that?” asked a nearby guard as he and his partner approached the closest window. Their wings and ears shot upward in surprise. “We have to warn mast–” the thestral guard said, before being cut off by an arrow striking his neck.

Drops of blood splattered onto the floor as Dash looked to the side and covered her eyes while Fluttershy could do nothing but stare in disbelief, her mouths agape.

Both guards ran with their wings spread as their violet horseshoes struck against the marble floor. The metallic sound echoed through the hallway while the wounded guard left behind a trail of blood. The moment they took to the air, the noise of broken glass followed right behind them.

Both young mares yelped as multiple figures with masks and crossbows flew through the broken windows and shot at the escaping guards.

With at least ten arrows piercing their wings, legs and backs, both of the thestrals crawled through their own blood in an attempt to escape. Two attackers ran at them and sliced their throats with silver blades.

“What do we do with the trash, sir?” one of the attackers asked before taking his mask off. His foreleg stomped on a motionless bat-like wing.

“Toss them outside the window,” said a tall gray pegasus wearing an armored vest with a chain as a cutie mark. “This mansion lies on a mountain, the sun will burn what is left of their bodies after they crash to the ground."

As ordered, both vamponies were thrown outside before the attackers spread out in two directions.

Rainbow Dash trembled, barely standing as her eyes couldn’t look away from pool of blood in the hallway. Fluttershy shivered as well, but a quick slap from Angel Bunny brought her back to her senses. She turned to her friend and said, “Snap out of it Dash, we have to warn my parents.”

The pegasus shook her head and stared back with wide eyes, her foreleg pointed at the blood on the floor. “Are you crazy? Just look what they did to the guards. Do you want to end up like them?” She pointed towards the broken window. “We should bail now while we still have a chance.”

“No, no, no, I cannot leave my parents. You can go, but I’m staying,” Fluttershy responded with determination, her fangs exposed. Not waiting for Dash's response, she spread her wings and flew away, only for her friend to follow.

“Okay, you’re not crazy,” Dash started, flying side to side with her friend. She spread her legs in all directions and added, “You’re completely insane!”

Fluttershy hissed at her friend and her eyes flashed, causing Dash to slow down a little. She passed hallway after hallway, corpses of fellow servants with pierced hearts and slit throats alongside a few of the attackers becoming a common sight. She quickly noticed a broken door, which lead to her parent's bedroom. The magical runes camouflaging the entrance were broken, and a butler alongside two maids dodged arrows and knives, unable to reach it to assist their masters.

Still under the spell that hid her presence, Fluttershy flew inside without hesitation, her hooves pressing against the floor in a forced a full stop while Dash followed her lead.

The bedroom itself was spacious. In the middle was a long poster bed with a canopy, two large violet pillows and blue eiderdown decorated with yellow stars. On the walls were paintings of pureblood ancestors and those dear to them. However all the tables, candles, flowers, and vases now lied all over the room, some in pieces. Two decorative polished proud coffins that once were positioned next to the bed were now nothing but pieces of very expensive wood.

In the middle of this mess next to the bed stood Sample Taker, facing his attackers. His posture was strong and filled with confidence, his fangs exposed and wings spread, but his eyes were full of sorrow. Unbeknownst to everyone present in this room, Fluttershy and her friend both retreated to the corner and observed the scene unfold.

Author's Note:

I appologise for this clifhanger, however this is pretty much where my top proof-reader stopped editing my story.

I won't be able to upload next chapter for a while.