• Published 17th May 2015
  • 2,319 Views, 16 Comments

Star Wars: Terror (Reboot) - RadioBug15



When a Sith Lord's apprentices and an astromech droid land in Equestra, but their master on a different part of this planet. As he reunites with his apprentices, he is forced to help the Equestrians from the brink of an inevitable war.

  • ...
8
 16
 2,319

Chapter 5: Into the Pit

I do not own Star Wars or MLP.


"Corporal Kanem, status?"

"Alive, wounded: broken ribs and possible internal bleeding," the man coughed out.

"Officer Rotasha, status?"

"Alive, unwounded," the woman said.

"Lieutenant Seraf?"

"I'm fine."

"Status, Lieutenant Karref?"

"Same as Seraf."

"Inquisitor Nakura?"

There was silence.

"Damn, I remember he's not here anymore. I still wonder what happened to him..."

"Corporal Pierce?"

"Good as always, Commander Yahn!"

"Status of current vessel?"

"Like something finally came out of the other end of a Sarlacc," joked Seraf.

"Great," Commander Yahn replied sarcastically.

"Current objective?" Rotasha asked.

"Search for General Darth Deimos of the Terror Legions and confront," Yahn said.

"Secondary objective?"

"Survive what's outside," Commander Yahn said as he kicked open the door to face the sunlight that beat down on him.


5th day in Equuus.

Deimos woke up to the sound of a gladiator guard knocking on his cage doors with a baton, "Wake up slave, it's lunchtime!" he yelled.

The aged Dark Jedi rose from his cot and walked over to the door as the guard opened it.

"Call me slave again and I will rip out your tongue and force feed it to you," Deimos threatened. The guard gulped slightly at his threat, unaware that the man would do it if given the opportunity.

He walked through the stone halls, watching as each prisoner and slave was woken up ad sent to the mess halls. Deimos kept staring at the filth-ridden floors and the occasional cobwebs on the ceiling.

Eventually after several minutes, they reached a door. The guards then pushed Deimos with the end of their spear, telling him to enter.

Lord Deimos opened the door to see a large room with hundreds of prisoners being served their own meal.

"Get in line, fresh meat!" he heard one of the prisoners, a tall dragon, yell at him.

This caused the Sith Lord to turn around and face the creature, "Why don't you say that to me up close you worm."

The whole room went silent as the dragon stood up and slowly made it's way towards him. Deimos took the time to investigate this creature and find it's vulnerabilities.

The dragon was female and was colored green-grey, but that made no difference. Scales make it reptilian, claws and canines means it needs no weapon.

She finally stood just inches away from him, "I said, get in line fresh-"

Deimos suddenly slammed his own head into hers, knocking her backwards and into group of eating prisoners.

"You're dead!" she yelled as she swung her claws at him. Deimos immediately blocked her hand and delivered a right hook to the jaw, sending her to the floor. He walked over to her, picked her up and pushed the dragoness forward, "Get up and fight!" he yelled as a crowd around them started to form.

The female shook her head as she got up and raised her fists again and struck again, this time faking a left punch and aiming straight for Deimos' face with a right sucker punch.

Unfortunately for her, this did not come to a success as the Sith grabbed her fist and pulled her closer, sidestepped and struck her again with his right elbow. The dragon stumbled backward slightly and was pushed back to Deimos by the crowd, she attempted to "clothesline" him by stretching out her arm and aimed for his neck.

Deimos caught the arm and twisted it back, a wet pop sounded out from her arm.

She yelled in pain as she grabbed her dislocated arm and fell to the floor.

"Finish her! Finish her! Finish her!" they crowd chanted as Deimos stood over his beaten opponent.

"ENOUGH!!!" a loud voice yelled throughout the room.

Everyone turned to face the one who had spoken.

The crowd parted to reveal Thistle, the Griffon that abducted Deimos.

"Both of you, cease your fighting! You, Emerald. Just because you are the champion of the Pit does not mean you alone can harass the newcomers... you have to give some of the more seasoned members a turn," the Griffon smirked.

"And you, Lord Deimos. Just because you killed the Juggernaut, you're not the bigshot in this arena. In fact, far from it," he said as he motioned to the guards, informing them to keep a more careful eye on the prisoners.

Deimos glared at Emerald as she picked herself off the floor and glared back at him. He moved over to the serving tables with a tray in both hands, watching as he was served some sort of strange-smelling slop from the server.

"What is this?" he asked.

"Dunno, eat up."

The Sith grimaced at the whatever-it-was on his tray, but he walked over to a table and sat himself down. Moments later another slave sat next to him.

"Hey Deimos."

"Hello Thea," Deimos said.

"So... I heard about the fight," she said.

"That was just six minutes ago."

"I was late," the mare explained.

Deimos ignored her until he looked down at his tray, "What exactly is this?"

"I've been here for four years and I still don't know what this stuff is," Thea giggled lightly, then sighed for some reason.

He looked at the goop and shrugged, he picked up a spoon and speared it into the stuff, where the utensil slowly sank into the slop before a bubble formed at the top and popped seconds after. Deimos raised an eyebrow before bringing up the spoon to his mouth and closing his jaw.

That's when the Sith's eye twitched at the taste. It was as if somebody skinned a rancor, made boots out of the skin, and boiled it until it became this monstrous meal.

Deimos managed to swallow the disgusting 'food' and exhaled.

Thea stifled a laugh as she watched him suffer, "Same thing with me the first time I was here, but it was okay, I swallowed worse."

He turned to her, pausing for a second, "I bet you have," Deimos said without making a change in his emotion.

Thea looked at him for a second before her eyes widened, she slugged him in the shoulder, "Oh shut up."

"Hit me again and I will skin you alive," he threatened.

The grey mare raised her hooves up in protest, "Sheesh I'm sorry, sensitive much."

Deimos rolled his eyes, This is going to be a long day.

He then turned to her.

The pony looked at him again, "What?"

"If I am to get out of here, I'll need you to do me a favor," he said.

She shrugged, "If it get's me out of this place, I'll do it."

"Good, here's the plan..."


Later that day...

It was still midday and the Sith Lord sat in his cell, thinking of his way to escape, not knowing the size nor dimensions of the arena.

He formed a ball of lightning in his hands and began forming shapes out it in boredom. Deimos remembered his time as a Jedi Master, the adventures and action during the Clone Wars, the respect he earned as a Commander, experiencing his apprentice fight alongside him.

But then he was introduced to the Dark Side of the Force, where he experienced one new and complete thing: freedom.

Under the tutelage of Darth Sidious, Deimos quickly grew with power and was a force to be reckoned with.

As one of the former Emperor's bodyguard and assassin, he carried out assassinations against political targets and the occasional rebels. As a fugitive, he was forced to make an necessary sacrifices to survive, losing several acquaintances was a part of that; then there was helping those that he formerly fought against, assisting rebels such as Mon Mothma, a Jedi called Kanan Jarrus, his apprentice Ezra Bridger, and a former close friend of his: Ahsoka Tano.

Deimos stood up at the sound of a guard drawing closer to his cell.

"Yer in for another fight, get to the armory and get ready," he said as he opened the door.

The Sith Lord got up and pushed past the guard, familiar with the location of the armory. With the guard's spear at his back, he reached the door and pushed it open, revealing a dangerous assortment of weapons. Deimos reached for the most familiar one: the sword he used in the first fight.

The sword smoked in an inky black aura from the Dark alchemy placed by Deimos.

The reason why he applied the spell so quickly was because of his fascination with the old Sith. Unlike Palpatine, who Deimos knew of his progress to achieve immortality; Palpatine looked forward to changing the Sith where only he ruled, while Deimos had brimmed with curiosity on history, even going so far as to stealing several of his master's holocrons to study on what the Jedi hid from him. As for the alchemy that he learned, he focused on the past and used their secrets to his advantage, such as enchanting the sword with remarkable resistance to bending, breaking, or dulling while increasing its state of condition to beyond "prime". As for history itself, he felt to honor and base his works to Darth Revan himself.

"Is this your weapon of choice?" The voice said.

"Yes."

And once again, a bright flash of light surrounded him and he was back to the hated arena.

"Ladies and gentlemen, mares and stallions, welcome back to the Pit. Once again we will be starring the one and only Lord Deimos!!!" The announcer yelled.

Deimos glared at the fact that both Thistle and the announcer found out his name, it was probably the guard that heard the conversation between he and Thea the first time they met.

"Now everyone (and pony), we shall make his challenge a teensy-weensy bit harder. SEND OUT THE CHANGELINGS!!!!" the announcer yelled out once again.

When the gates opened, a constant clicking was heard from the shadows. Deimos brought up his sword in an offensive stance.

What emerged was something completely different. Black bugs with a slightly similar build to ponies, but with both wings and horns, or what was left of the horn.

Thea told him earlier that the Changelings communicated with their queen through the horn on their heads, without the horns, they are just mindless savages bent on barbarism. Exiles and the "severed" Changelings are the only ones of their kind to feed on living sustenance. Preferably meat.

Their mouths foamed with clear green ichor as they stared at the Sith Lord. The only thing on their mind was rage and bloodlust.

Deimos watched as each of the abominations charged him, baring their fangs as they closed the gap between he and them.

The first one lunged at him, eager to tear the flesh from his bones. But mindless drones had no thought to consider their prey's offensive capabilities. Deimos lifted his sword and stabbed, watching as the black and silver blade entered the exoskeletal cranium of bug and exited as easily as it entered. The second and third met their fate as Deimos beheaded one and bisected the other at the same time in one slash. But as each changeling fell, more and more would take their place.

Deimos did everything he could to survive as he hacked and slashed at the monstrosities, watching as blood, muscle, and sinew oozed out of his victims. He sensed the crowds shock at his abilities as a warrior and marveled at his astounding endurance.

But that was just the tip of the iceberg, for he was about to give them the "shock" of their lives.

At that moment, when hundreds of changelings began to overwhelm him, he stretched out his hand and unleashed a storm of lightning from his fingertips, watching as each and every changeling began to writhe and screech as unstable electricity courses through both their muscles and veins, boiling their blood and frying whatever was left of their brain.

After half a minute had passed, Deimos lowered his arm to stop the flow of lightning. The bugs simultaneously dropped to the ground, their bodies twitching with whatever life was left inside of them.

Deimos stood motionless, his coat dripping with green blood and scattered bugs and missing limbs everywhere.

The crowd broke into applause and cheers as the Sith Lord stood amongst the dead. Deimos took no pleasure from the attention. But he could sense from the Annoucer's emotions that the battle was far from over.

"SILENCE!!!" the Sith Lord heard, he looked up at the voice to hear what more it had to say.

"That was only a taste of what the prisoner here had experienced. DO YOU ALL WANT MORE?!?!" the voice yelled.

"YES!!" they screamed.

"Then release the Praetorian!"

Another gate opened. Deimos listened to the sound of the chains rattling as the entrance was lifted to introduce another beast of the Pit. He readied his blade for what was to come next.

Another creature similar to the Changelings emerged. It was much bigger than the Juggernaut and looked even deadlier. Compared to the Changeling clicks to intimidate, it sounded like the beating of a war drum readying itself into battle.

"The Praetorian, a subclass of Changelings acting as the Queen's personal guards. Lobotomized and prepped for the Pit!" the voice said.

It's head constantly twitched to the side every so often and charged at Deimos. Despite it's size, it moved quickly and closed the gap between the two.

Deimos then sliced at the creature, attempting to behead it, but the blade stopped at it's neck with a loud 'clunk'.

So the bug can resist the sword. Clearly augmented to resist physical attacks. Deimos thought to himself.

"Absolutely no one has won the battle between this thing. It has taken the lives of dozens, if not hundreds of slaves in the ring," the voice explained to the crowd, almost taunting the Sith Lord.

Nothing can penetrate the bug on the outside. So what about the inside?

He grabbed onto his sword in a reverse grip and took a few steps closer as the Praetorian readied itself.

Deimos inhaled as much as he could and roared at the creature as loudly as possible.

The bug looked at him in curiosity, then changed to rage as it galloped to him, roaring at him as it got closer.

This was his chance, he picked up his sword and threw it as far as he could, using the force to guide the direction. The blade got closer and closer with the monster's mouth gaping open in a roar. Deimos only watched as the blade forced itself into the bug's throat and into the rest of it's internal organs. The Praetorian tried to scream in pain, but to no avail, it's vocal cords were torn to shreds as well.

The Sith raised his hand and moved it in a sweeping motion, making the sword tear apart the rest of it's organs. The bug stopped it's attempt to stay alive and slumped over, the life drained from it's eyes.

Deimos walked closer to the bug and raised his hand into the air. The bug raised off the floor and began shaking until it's back split apart, revealing the sword that killed it. The blade floated back into Deimos' hands and removed itself of any blood and gore.

He sheathed the sword and walked back, listening as the crowd was silent behind him. The guards emerged and were to escort him back to his cell.


On a planet in the Outer Rim...

Aouren Pala blocked several blaster bolts as pirates kept firing at him. He briefly smirked at their futile attempt to murder the Jedi Master. His yellow blade connecting with each direct bolt and redirecting at the attackers.

He lifted his wrist as he spoke into the comlink.

"Report, Padawan Leumai, report. Was the mission successful?" he asked.

The Pau'an Jedi heard the sound of rapid footsteps as he saw his apprentice leaped over his head carrying a metal box in one hand and his green-bladed lightsaber in the other.

Kane ran over to his master and began to assist him with dealing with the pirates, deflecting blaster bolts back at the offensive forces.

"Yes master, but there was a slight problem."

"What kind of problem?"

"You said that stealth was needed in this particular mission, correct?" Kane asked.

"Yes, what about.... oh no," Aouren trailed off as more pirates began to swarm and surround the two Jedi.

"And the council said that this was a mission needed for a minimum of two Jedi," Kane sarcastically remarked.

"Shut it. This is a mission that can only use two Jedi," his master said as he reached into his belt and pulled out a second lightsaber. The saber ignited, giving off a purple glow.

Kane also took out his second lightsaber, an elongated hilt that emitted a blue blade.

Every pirate had their guns pointed at them.

"Soresu?" Kane asked.

"Djem-So, we want the fight to be over quicker. We will also have a lecture on why you should pay more attention to details."

"Agreed master, but we should focus on the task at hand," Kane said.

"Agreed. On my mark?"

"Sync."

"Mark."

Both the master and the apprentice sprung into action as they leaped at their opponents, their blades poised to strike in their hands.


The next day...

"I would like to know more about you, Thea," Deimos said as he looked down at the floor.

"Why would you want to know? Last time you asked, I didn't want to answer. So why would you want to ask personal questions now?" she spat.

"I may be a Sith, but even I am curious."

"Alright alright. Quit being so ominous. I'll answer your questions if I ask you questions. Information for information, alright?"

"...fine. You start first," Deimos sighed.

"Who were your parents?" she asked.

"My father was a smuggler from Corellia and my mother was a Jedi Padawan exiled from the Temple. What about you?" Deimos asked.

"My parents were both nobles from Equestria. My father was the Captain before retiring into Lordship, my mother was rags-to-riches Duchess from Canterlot," she explained to the Sith Lord.

"How does someone like you end up in a place like this?" he asked.

"Migration. A recent Parasprite swarm invaded the place and created one heck of a famine. My mother and father were moving before being attacked by the pirates. I was 17 when I watched as the barbarians slaughtered the nobles in cold-blood, my parents included. I was then abducted by them and was tortured until I was finally 'broken'; physically, mentally, and emotionally," Thea had to wipe away a growing tear.

"W-what about you?" she stifled a sob.

Deimos put two of his fingers between the bridge of his nose and sighed, not wanting to see the mangled Unicorn in her current condition.

"You know what? We can talk about this later, most likely after we break out of here," he said as he looked around the dimensions of his cell.

"Escape is impossible. So far, no one has escaped this place," she whined out loud.

The Sith Lord glared at her, "How about we make a deal. If we manage to break out of this place, you tell me more about yourself. Deal?" Deimos proposed.

Thea considered his proposition, "It's a deal. Besides, it's impossible," she said a little too loudly.

"Not if you have the right ideas," he said as the guards began making their way to his cell again.

He watched as the door opened and was escorted by prison guards into the barracks. Hearing the familiar lock, he picked up the blade that he had used in his previous fights.

"Is this your-"

"Yes! Now hurry up!" Deimos yelled at the voice.

"Very well," Deimos felt the familiar flash of light as he once again appeared on the arena.

"Ladies and gentlemen, mares and stallions. We have given this challenger all we had against him, but is it enough?" the announcer said.

"NO!!!" the crowd cheered on as they were eager to see blood.

"Well, we have a new arrival," one of the larger gates began to open. Deimos readied his weapon as he prepared his nerves for what was to come.

A large creature stomped into the ring; it's skin was that of leather, it had three clawed fingers, black, beady eyes, and razor sharp teeth jutting out of it's jaws.

Deimos immediately knew this creature.

The Bull Rancor, a native predator in the fungal forests of Felucia.

As confused as the Sith was at the fact that a Rancor was on this planet, he was more surprised when a giant hand shot out of the darkness and dragged the Rancor back inside. All he heard were crunch-like sounds and the screeches of a dying Rancor.

What emerged barely fit the gates. An enormous red beast emerged from the shadows, it's horns curved backwards to give a more demonic appearance. Four claws jutted from each finger, it's eyes glowed orange as it's expression was that of rage. The monster reared it's head back and gave a deafening roar to the crowd.

"We have given a chance for the challenger to give up and die a quick death, he gave him a chance to surrender. But no, he decided to push forward to victory, but we say, 'Let the games go on!!!'. May I introduce: the Scourge of Nightmares, the King of Monsters, a beast caught by Thistle himself. May I present, The Nebilus Wyvern!!!" the voice yelled in enthusiasm.

The crowd did not bother to yell as the beast approached Deimos, lowering it's head to face him.

It's face was only meters away from his own. And like every other challenger he faced, it roared.

But unlike the previous opponents, the beast delivered an ear-splitting roar that could shatter metal itself, even Deimos himself swore his sword almost cracked.

The wyvern lifted it's hand and brought it down in an attempt to crush Deimos, but the Sith leaped out of the way to avoid becoming a bloody smudge on the sand floor. The beast swiped at Deimos with both of it's hands, but he used the force and pushed it back into the other side of the arena.

The red monster roared in anger. It then proceeded to open it's mouth and aim it at him, it's gaping maw then began to spew out a large column of fire.

Deimos reacted as soon the flames reached him, he brought up his hands and concentrated with the force. The flames attempted to burn the Sith alive but were forced to move around him as he created a bubble of protection around him. The wyvern continued exhaling the deadly flames, unaware of the Sith Lord's act.

When the flames died down, the wyvern staggered back as it saw Deimos, still alive and untouched by the flames.

The Dark Jedi looked at the crowd and observed the animal's behavior. It was enraged, threatened, and... afraid; it was aware that he was a being of great power. It was a shame that the best option for ending this battle would neither long nor bloody.

"I don't need to kill this creature, I only need to fill it with such great fear it would intimidate even the one who had captured the beast in the first place," he said to himself.

He lifted up his hand and shot out a bolt of lightning, hurting the creature and backing further into the walls away from Deimos. It roared at him to intimidate him.

First intimidation, now instill the fear, he thought to himself, using the force to reach deep into the creatures mind. There he found it's fears, desires, what makes it angry, happy, sad. He focused on the spot that controlled fear and focused using the force.

What the crowd saw was a wyvern screeching in terror at the Sith Lord as it approached him. It did everything in it's power to escape until it reached the gate where it was let out. Immediately, the beast quickly crawled into the cell, wanting the fear to end.

The gates were forced to close. The crowd stared at Deimos in shock.

The guards once again entered to escort him back to his cell, but this time, they kept their distance as they were aware of his abilities.

This was the day Deimos ended a fight without bloodshed.


The Sith Lord sat in his cell, wondering when Thea would be back with the first part of the plan.

Immediately on cue, the guard that Thea was with pushed her into her cell. The guard grinned smugly at her as he left their lines of sight.

Thea quickly dug out the papers that she hid in her mane, "The magic field only blocks brute force and magic. Here you go."

She used both of her hooves to hand them to Deimos, who used the force to levitate it to him.

"This isn't magic, so I am the exception," he said as he looked through papers, nodding in approval.

She glared at him, "This plan better be worth it, I probably won't be able to walk straight for a week."

Deimos looked up at her, raising an eyebrow at what she was hinting at.

"Did he-"

"Yeah, he did," she said as laid down on her cot and closed her eyes.

"It will work. Just one more day and we'll be free," he said as he lowered himself onto the cot.

Minutes passed before Thea spoke.

"Good night Deimos," she said.

Deimos merely grunted ambiguously, causing Thea to roll her eyes in slight annoyance and amusement.

Tomorrow is the big day, Thea thought to herself.

Tomorrow we are free, Deimos thought.