• Published 17th May 2015
  • 2,323 Views, 16 Comments

Star Wars: Terror (Reboot) - RadioBug15



When a Sith Lord's apprentices and an astromech droid land in Equestra, but their master on a different part of this planet. As he reunites with his apprentices, he is forced to help the Equestrians from the brink of an inevitable war.

  • ...
8
 16
 2,323

Chapter 4: Peace is a lie

Star Wars is owned by LucasFilms (and Arts) and MLP is owned by Lauren Faust.


The young Verus sat down on the cold metal floor of the ship.

"Are you aware of the Sith Code?" his master asked.

"No, my lord. I am not familiar with the Sith Code," he said.

"The code of the Sith is what represents the core beliefs of the Sith," Deimos said.

"The order in which this code presents itself is that-" he paused for a second.

""Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength; through strength, I gain passion; through passion, I gain victory; through victory, my chains are broken; the Force shall set me free," Deimos recited the Sith Code.

As Verus was an apprentice to Deimos, he was entitled to listen. And listen he did, as he was fascinated by this philosophy.

Deimos looked down at the young Zabrak, "I will give you time to try to understand these tenets, but if you do not understand or fail-"

The Sith fugitive activated his lightsaber.

"You will have an early lesson on the short-term effects of lightsaber exposure. Dismissed," Deimos deactivated his lightsaber and walked away.

"Master?"

"What is it?"

"What are you going to do in the meantime?" Verus asked out of curiosity.

Deimos froze for a split second, "I... will be searching for someone."

Verus was finally left alone to ponder the beliefs of the Sith.


The Zabrak Sith sensed Twilight's fear and curiosity as he levitated the lightsaber in his hands in boredom as she continued studying his ability.

"Incredible! I sense no use of magic whatsoever in your actions, this is something else," she exclaimed excitedly.

Ever since Verus had his first encounter with the Princess of the Sun, she offered him a room to stay in the castle while she prepares her speech for the citizens of Canterlot in accordance to his presence.

"So how are you lifting it without any use of magic?" she asked him.

"The Force," he said.

"Can you please elaborate?"

Verus glared at her before turning back to his lightsaber, "The Force is an energy field created by all living things, as my master describes it. It is separated into four different forms: the light side, the dark side, the unifying, and the living. Is that answer good enough for you?" he told her.

"What do each of them represent?" she asked again.

The Zabrak mentally groaned as Twilight bombarded him with more questions of the Force.

"The Light side of the Force was one form that was represented by emotions such as honesty, mercy, and compassion. The Light side was fueled by self-sacrifice and forwarding acts of helping the weak and helpless. The light was the main source of the Jedi's strength and power, allowing them to help others in need," he spoke almost as he though he hated explaining the Light side.

Twilight took note of the word 'Jedi'.

"I have a feeling that the Dark side is the opposite," Twilight said.

"Correct, the Dark Side of the force feeds on raw emotions such as anger, passion, and rage. The Dark Side is seen as evil by the Jedi and is the main power of the Sith. The Dark Side fuels the user and is more so as a power used for the improvement of the person using it," Verus explained.

Twilight also took note of the word 'Sith', "The Dark Side sounds a bit... evil."

"As said by the Sith Lord Darth Zannah, 'The Dark Side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual'," he said.

"You also mentioned the word Jedi and Sith. What do they mean?" she asked.

When will she stop with these irrelevant questions?!?! Verus thought angrily.

"I will tell you later, but I must... take a break," he told her.

"Oh, I understand. Was I asking too many questions?"

Yes.

Verus sighed, "It is fine, I just need some air."

And with that, he left the room.


"Master?" young Verus asked.

Deimos turned away from the controls, standing at full height, "Yes, my apprentice?"

"I understand the code now."

The Sith raised an eyebrow skeptically, "Really? Let us see if you are ready."

He walked over to the center of the ship.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion," Deimos said, waiting for the answer.

Verus paused for a second before answering, "Peace is a liability, that it prevents progress and change. Over the archives that I have read, every act of progress was out of conflict. That conflict is one of the few motivators for advancement. Only our own driven passions will help us in further progress."

Deimos nodded, "Through passion, I gain strength."

"Through this progress, we gain this strength."

"Through strength, I gain power," Deimos quoted

"With this strength we gain the power to make this change."

"Through power, I gain victory."

"Using the force, our power, we have the ability to gain this victory," Verus continued.

"Through victory, my chains are broken."

"Through victory leads freedom from restriction, to reach perfection."

"The Force shall free me," Deimos said, but instead of waiting for an answer, he nodded at Verus instead of having to explain the last verse.

"You have passed the first trial out of being an acolyte, congratulations," Deimos replied without any change to his expression or voice.

Verus continued to bow humbly, knowing something else would occur as well.

"Your next test will be much more difficult than learning of planets and the Sith Code. Follow me," Deimos said as he and Verus walked out of the room and into a new room surrounded by mechanical spheres lying around the room.

Deimos handed him a blindfold and audio blockers.

"What are these for?" Verus asked.

"Training, you will block blaster bolts while devoid of sight and sound," he snapped his fingers and each sphere sprung to life as they hovered roughly around the same height as Verus' master.

"Now put them on," Deimos ordered.

Verus nodded and wrapped the blindfold around his eyes and was about to put on audio blockers before being stopped.

"Your training for this trial will end when they stop shooting at you," Deimos barely grinned at his own statement.

Verus quickly picked up his training staff and put on the audio blocker.

Every droid opened fire.


The Sith apprentice took in the sights as he walked through the castle halls, watching as guards were at their posts trying not to look at him.

After several minutes of searching through these halls, he walked into a room: the barracks. An area to house the princess' royal guard.
He peered through as he saw several bunks, lockers, another room storing weapons and armor, and finally a room with a square arena in the middle.

The sparring room.

Now, Verus saw these species as a peace-loving race. But even the guards obviously had to learn a little violence to know how to fight.

They seemed to gain some respect from him now.

"Hey, freak!" he heard one of them shout.

And now that respect was lost.

He turned around to see several guards all focused on him. According to his memory, these were the guards that he would've fought if Celestia had not given the order to retreat.

"So... Verus. Me and my buddies would've been given a promotion if I had been given the opportunity to protect the princess from a dangerous threat. So right now-" he looked at the other guards behind, "-we would like a little payback."

Verus backed slightly to the edge of the arena as they advanced on him.

"What, you scared?"

"No."

"Really? You're in a room full of guards trained by Captain Shining Armor himself," the leader said, smirking.

Verus unhooked his lightsabers and tossed them aside and waved his hand.

The door closed behind the guards and locked itself.

"No, you're locked in with me, Lord Khan, apprentice of Darth Deimos," he brought up his hands in a fighting stance.

All of them attacked at once.


Lord Deimos opened the door once the sound of blaster fire settled down to a halt. What he saw was no surprise.

Verus was barely standing, having to lean on his quarterstaff for support as dozens of seeker droids laid out across the entire room, completely destroyed by Verus.

Deimos removed the audio blockers and the blindfold with the Force and watched as Verus squinted from the light as it touched his eyes.

"You are finished with the second trial Verus. Now you must pass the third trial, follow me," Deimos said as he walked away from the room and to the controls, he looked at the navicomputer and turned the ship and activated hyperdrive.

Verus steadied himself and held onto a part of the wall as the ship was sent into hyperdrive for a matter of minutes before Deimos deactivated the engine and began to land his ship onto the planet, in the middle of a dense forest.

The Sith Lord let the ship hover a few meters above the ground as he opened the rear door.

"Do you know what planet this is?" he asked Verus.

"Kashyyyk, home of the Wookies, now under Imperial control as the Wookies are slaves in their own home planet. Like the Czerka Corporation from the times of the Sith Empire."

"And do you know why you are here?" the Sith asked.

"No."

Deimos exhaled and took a few steps backwards and stood behind Verus.

"This is part one of your third trial; Your only mission is to survive until then," Deimos said as he pushed Verus off the ship and onto a nearby tree.

Verus grunted from the force and free fell onto a tree below.

"R3, get us out of here," he heard Deimos say as he closed the doors behind him.

These were the times when Verus hated his master.


Twilight sighed as she strolled through the halls, "Was I being too pushy on him?"

The lavender unicorn continued to walk through the halls in hopes of finding Verus again and hoping he was in a better mood and would answer the questions that she had for him.

Despite the fact that she has been a princess for over 3 years, she was still unfamiliar with a majority of the castle's halls; it's almost as if they stretched on forever. They probably could.

As an alicorn, Twilight was not only given wings and a new form of magic, she was given heightened senses such as sight, sound, smell, and even taste. So there was one thing that concerned her was...

Why was she hearing a fight inside this castle.


Verus dodged another hoof as it tried to strike his jaw and delivered another jab to the neck, knocking the next one out.

Three down, nine more to go.

As each stallion attempted to strike, Verus always delivered a block or counterattack to his opponents every time. Verus once more used the force and pushed them all back into the wall behind them.

Three were knocked out cold, three others were stunned while the last recovered and picked up quarterstaffs and ran after the Zabrak Sith once more.

Verus reacted quickly and pulled a staff into his hands as well and swung. The end of the staff made contact with all three of their skulls at the same time and knocked them all back.

He twirled the stick around until he faced them once more in a fighting stance, "Care to try again?" he mocked.

The three stallions once again got back up and charged at him again. The first stallion swung, making contact with Verus' staff, but the Zabrak had a grip of iron; he lifted the stick and delivered a swift kick to the face, simultaneously slugging the second one across the jaw and kicked the third one with the quarterstaff, brought it up to the guard's neck behind him and began to suffocate him with the stick.

The other two got back up a little more slowly and tried to strategize on how to beat Verus, watching as the third one was still choking on the stick that was holding onto his neck.

Before they could react, Verus released his grip on the third, kicked him hard in the neck, knocking him out and began focusing on the other two. The first one struck, but Verus caught the staff and knee'd the guard in the face, possibly breaking his nose. Verus then knocked the staff out of the second one's grip and unleashed a furious whirls of hits from the quarterstaff towards the guard's face before finishing it off with a final hit across the jaw, snapping the staff in half and shattering the guard's jaw into fragments.

Verus tossed the stick aside just in time to see the last three guards stand up and face him in hand-to-hoof combat.

The first two guards ran at him and began to assault the Sith with a bombardment of punches. Verus parried each of these moves with a jab, punch, and kick every time. All three guards attacked him at once, forcing Verus to dodge and block each oncoming move and land a hit every now and then.

Verus twisted to the right in time for the guard to land a punch, into the other guard's face, knocking each other out. Leaving only one more.

This one was stupid enough to remain standing, so Verus pulled his lightsabers close to him and activated on of them, ready to interrogate the last man standing.

"ENOUGH!!!" shouted a booming voice that might've even echoed throughout the entire castle were the voice not inside the room.

Damn, Verus silently cursed as he turned to see a very angry Twilight.

"Let. Him. Go," Twilight glared. Verus looked at her, then at the guard, then back at Twilight again before deactivating his lightsaber.

"Alright, now I'm in the mood to answer your questions," Verus said as he followed Twilight, picking up his lightsabers and punching the last guard in the face on the way out.


Verus heard the sounds of blasters firing behind as Stormtroopers on speeder bikes chased after him. It was the hot and humid in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk. Giant insectoid creatures nipping and clawing at his heels, Slavers attempting to kidnap him and the fact that he was a trespasser on Imperial Territory.

In short: he was having the time of his life.

The Zabrak felt the adrenaline pumping through his veins as he heard the cries of the beasts of the Wookie planet behind him along with the whirs of Imperial Speeders close behind.

The apprentice of Lord Deimos was in the dense ground floor of Kashyyyk, where the sun literally never shines. Under these trees were surrounding boulders with a small ancient holographic nearby. It had been three days since he had been marooned on the planet.

Verus quickly leaped over a rock as soon as a trooper was about to crash into him. He grabbed onto the bark of a tree and began to climb the trunk. He then heard the sounds die down.

"Shoot him down," he heard. As a feeling tugging at the back of his mind, he jumped off the tree and grabbed onto the branch of a lower tree, gritting his teeth as the hard bark ground against the palms of his hands, disappearing behind the leaves of the tree.

He quickly looked at the people below: over a dozen stormtroopers, while the denizens of the forest were waiting for him to reach the forest floor. Verus removed the hand-made spear that he had made from his back and held it in both hands, studying the movements of the soldiers.

Verus finally sprung into action, twisting his hand and snapping the neck of a stormtrooper from afar. He leapt onto another branch and uttered a small chant in the Dathomirian language.

Suddenly, all the animals that surrounded the only bright spot in the Shadowlands emerged and began to tear the soldiers apart, hearing their screams as their flesh was ripped from their bones and eaten by the beasts of the jungle.

As they had eaten their fill, they were still hungry and turned to face the one who called out to them, turning on their brief master.

Verus heard the growls of the mammals and clicks and hisses of the Kinrath insects as they began to advance towards the tree that held the Zabrak apprentice.

He gripped the spear in his hands tightly, ready to face the beasts.

The sound of a ship suddenly roared in his ears as said ship fired at the beasts that had attempted to kill him, causing them to retreat into the dense jungle. Verus looked up to see the ship's floodlights activate and temporarily blind him.

The ship turned around and it's rear doors opened, revealing his master, Darth Deimos.

They stared at each other for a split second.

"Jump, you fool," Deimos finally said.

Verus leaped from the tree with all his might and managed to grab onto the ledge before pulling himself up.

"I expected you to be dead within those few days," he nodded at Verus.

"Forgive me for disappointing you," the Zabrak said.

Deimos chuckled darkly at that, this was the first time Verus had ever heard his master display a sense of humor, or any sort of emotion at all.

"You did not disappoint me. In fact, you are going for another survival retreat; I'll even let you choose between these options: the poisonous atmosphere of Quesh, or the vast desert of Tatooine? Choose."

Although Verus did not show it, he was secretly excited for his next assignment.

He always wondered what a Krayt Dragon tasted like...


Twilight sat down on the chair opposite of Verus' as he sat down in front of her.

"So, do you have new questions or do we start where we left off?" Verus asked.

"What was that?" she asked, trying to restrain her own anger.

"What was what?" Verus said, although he knew full well of what she was referring to.

"The fight, the brutal beatdown that you gave those guards. Why would you do something like that? Much more the Princess' royal guards?" she asked him with a tinge of anger in her voice.

The Sith quickly inhaled and looked down at her.

"Those guards started a fight with me, they persecuted me just because they wanted a promotion for their 'honorary actions'. Those idiots were the ones who started it, and I was the one who finished it. Is that a sufficient answer for you?"

"But why like that? You could've crippled them, much more kill them!" she yelled at him.

"I was going easy. If I was not on a foreign planet who's laws I am not aware of, you would've smelled their lightsaber-burnt condition before you could even see it," he spat.

"That does not give you the right to just kill somepony just because they want to pick a fight," she scolded.

"I am a Sith, things like these are normal to me."

Twilight then snapped out of her feelings of anger and suddenly realized the question she was going to ask.

"I forgot to ask you Verus, what are the Jedi and the Sith?"

Verus paused for a second (mostly because of her sudden mood change) and looked at her, "If you insist, but this is a very long, LONG, story."

"How far back?" Twilight asked.

"More than thirty thousand years ago," Verus said to her, surprising the purple alicorn with the fact that these groups have existed for so long.

"Alright, tell me how it began?" she asked, sinking deeper into her seat.

The young man closed his eyes, "Where to begin..." he whispered until he opened his eyes.

"Let's start with the Rakatans and the Infinite Empire..." Verus cleared his throat.

"The Rakatans, from the planet Lehon, were a normal race like you and I. And like your planet, it was located in the Unknown regions. Their society was changed when an alien species from Dathomir known as the Kwa came to their planet using a device called the Infinity Gate. There, they began to teach the Rakatans how to use the Force," Verus said as he was lifting a wooden cube with the force.

"But something went wrong, obviously," Twilight said.

"Correct, the Kwa realized that the Rakatans focused more on the Dark Side of the Force and turned against the Kwa, making them slaves to their own creations. The amphibious aliens, the Rakatans, sought out to conquer planets all over the Unknown regions, forming the Infinite Empire."

"And they used the supplies given by the Kwa?"

"You are half right. As the Infinite Empire began to grow, the Rakatans built a space station near the star Abo. This station was called the Star Forge, a self-automated factory that built the ships and soldiers needed to conquer the worlds. But it was a barbaric species known as the Esh-Ka that matched them in strength, for a time."

"They were wiped out as well?" Twilight asked as she continued taking notes.

"Almost, they were placed in storage units on a planet called Belsavis until thousands of years later. Anyway, the Infinite Empire continued growing until it reached the planet Korriban, where they met the Sith, as a species, not as the Sith today. The Sith won the war against the Infinite Empire, but at the cost of their planet, forcing them to relocate to Ziost. Years later, the Empire reached a planet strong in the Force called Tython, where they were met by the Je'daii."

"Jedi?" Twilight perked up at the name.

"No, Je'daii. Much older than the Jedi Order today, or was. Anyway, Xesh, the force hound, a force-sensitive slave, made his way to Tython, but his completely one-sided allegiance to the Dark Side created a planet-wide storm, but was later confronted by the Je'daii themselves. As for the Infinite Empire, the Rakatans were struck with a disease that both killed and rendered them incapable of using the force. This made them weak and were unable to control any and all uprisings and revolts, dissolving the Infinite Empire to ashes," Verus finished.

Twilight was stunned by the fact that an Empire had risen to power over such controversial ways and ended just as badly as it had began.

"Their Empire lasted for over ten thousand years, although I am impressed by their rule, they only used their power simply to conquer rather than improve upon themselves and become more powerful."

"Can you tell me more?" she asked.

"Later, but I must rest. Perhaps I will tell you of the true creation of the Sith if you don't pester me tomorrow," Verus said.

Twilight groaned at the fact that the man was annoyed by her presence, "Fine, good night Verus."

"Same for you," Verus replied as he walked back to his chambers.

As he walked over to his bed, he heard his stomach growling but decided to ignore it until tomorrow.

Right now he had other things to worry about, like how he was going to wake Arina up and/or contact his master.

I hope my master is faring better than this, he thought to himself as he fell asleep.

Author's Note:

So what do you think of Verus so far?